Natural vitamins verses synthetic

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah I try to stick to Whole foods vitamins. Currently im using Animal Pak though

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've got a lot of research to do. I'm going by this chart and Ill ask this guy some questions

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
More BS scare-mongering. I tired of these of these zealots who tout natural over synthetic and pushing their religious agenda of God's creation greater than anything man made. Of course they can't seem to provide any qualitative evidence in support of their claims and rely heavily on speculative assumptions But really comes as no surprise.

Eyayo

Eyayo

Awards
i would think whole food vitamins are much better than synthetic

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
I just switched to Garden of Life - Living Multi Men's and am really liking it. Every other multivitamin (synthetic) gave me the dreaded "vitamin headache" after taking it, but not these. My wife also switched to their women's formula and said it didn't cause insomnia every synthetic did. Costs more, but worth it IMO.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
More BS scare-mongering. I tired of these of these zealots who tout natural over synthetic and pushing their religious agenda of God's creation greater than anything man made. Of course they can't seem to provide any qualitative evidence in support of their claims and rely heavily on speculative assumptions But really comes as no surprise.
There's a lot of reasons to take natural over synthetic supplements. Why don't you just eat 100% protein extract and glucose? You're missing hundreds of other compounds from refined and synthetic sources of vitamins. Natural foods contain trace elements that you don't get from just synthetic sources.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
As Dave Pulumbo said nature knows what we need better than the FDA does when speaking of whichever fruit/veggie based supp he talks about on MD a lot(cant think of what the product is called), granted I use ADAM as my multi I could certainly see fruit supps like Miracle Greens and other being very useful and offering more benefits.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of reasons to take natural over synthetic supplements. Why don't you just eat 100% protein extract and glucose? You're missing hundreds of other compounds from refined and synthetic sources of vitamins. Natural foods contain trace elements that you don't get from just synthetic sources.
What reasons aside from anecdotal evidence based on "feelings" is there for taking natural over synthetic vitamins? Often times the extraction process will render the final product ineffective.

It's funny you should mention protein extracts. In the very near future we will likely be using products that are peptide specific and vastly superior to whole foods in regards to activating specific pathways.

I do agree that natural foods or rather whole foods are better than extracts/refined products. And while they contain hundreds of other compounds not all of these are beneficial.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
As Dave Pulumbo said nature knows what we need better than the FDA does when speaking of whichever fruit/veggie based supp he talks about on MD a lot(cant think of what the product is called), granted I use ADAM as my multi I could certainly see fruit supps like Miracle Greens and other being very useful and offering more benefits.
juice plus. seems legit, but a little pricey.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
What reasons aside from anecdotal evidence based on "feelings" is there for taking natural over synthetic vitamins? Often times the extraction process will render the final product ineffective.
Proof backing that statement up?