Cordyceps, post general opinions and experiences

Do you feel cordyceps are truly beneficial?

• Total voters
Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I just had one of the best cardio sessions I've had in a very long time, and I happened to have tried a cordyceps supplement sample
prior to starting. I also took a recreate and sipped about 10g's of BCAA's, but I've done that before and had nowhere near the stamina I had tonight. I think the cordyceps may have been a genuine help, but as prone as people seem to be to placebo effects, I thought I'd ask the board's opinion on them.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I love Cordyceps. I have seen lower pulse readings when taking it while performing the same cardio etc... Hell, I usually don't have to open my mouth to breath on an elliptical when I take the stuff. Keep taking it. I take Cordygen5. I'll get into it more later, wife is jumping my ass at the moment. Not in a good way.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Why does this thread keep staying bold when there's no new posts?
keep thinking there might be another morsel of new info for me and there's not!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Why does this thread keep staying bold when there's no new posts?
keep thinking there might be another morsel of new info for me and there's not!
New vote's my friend, new votes..

I finally figured this out after being confused time and time again.. lol

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I say not sure, because I only ran codygen5 for a week, will be going nuts on the stuff this winter during the bulking months

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I've been on and off with Millenium Sports Technology's Cordyceps products, and I feel that they definintly give me that extra boost during aerobic activity. My results have been largely noticable in recovery, say inbetween sprints or during interval training.

Often when I finish an interval, I will be completely smoked. Normally, I'd be down for the count for a good few minutes. I've noticed that my recovery in between these has greatly, greatly improved. Within a minute I'm good to go, almost breathing normal again... typically I'd take two minutes to recover from such.

I can only assume that its benefits also greatly improve actual performance numbers, but its hard to distinguish during a interval... you will be gassed anyhow if you do them at the intensity required for progress.

I used to use Cordygen5, but moved to CordyV02 for its higher extract and its additions (Rhodiola, just to name an important one). Highly recommend for intensive aerobic activity - its been, and will be, a staple for myself.

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I love Cordyceps. I have seen lower pulse readings when taking it while performing the same cardio etc... Hell, I usually don't have to open my mouth to breath on an elliptical when I take the stuff. Keep taking it. I take Cordygen5. I'll get into it more later, wife is jumping my ass at the moment. Not in a good way.
That's outstanding - some real proof of its effects on oxygen utilization. If you don't mind me prying, what were your numbers pre-cordyceps/post?

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I say not sure, because I only ran codygen5 for a week, will be going nuts on the stuff this winter during the bulking months
Give a run at their new V02 version. Cordygen5 effects are dispersed throughout a few hours, ideal for endurance athletes engaged in their sport for 2+ hours. Benefits of course come in a 20 second all out sprint, but V02 is more addressed for that sort of training. HIIT or anything less than 60 minutes will likely see the best gains with V02. Roughly the same price.

S

scrappydog

Awards
I've used Cordygen and the newer VO2 version with success for grappling. I believe Beta Alanine is probably the best endurance supp I've used for grappling but Cordygen adds a boost. So does citrulline malate. So I'll add them now and then for a few weeks at a time.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
which would be the best for a football game?

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
which would be the best for a football game?
CordygenV02, without a doubt. It's effects span hours, but are not timed released (Cordygen5). Cordygen5's effects last somewhere around 12 hours, which is pretty darn cool if you ask me, but that does not address your goal as specifically as V02. As scrappydog stated, you can plan a simple yet very effective endurance enhancing stack with a few ingredients. PM me if you'd like to know what I use for endurance/performance... I wouldn't want to shift the discussion from Cordyceps to potential stacks.

N

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
I've used Cordygen and the newer VO2 version with success for grappling. I believe Beta Alanine is probably the best endurance supp I've used for grappling but Cordygen adds a boost. So does citrulline malate. So I'll add them now and then for a few weeks at a time.
ive also used them for grappling, and the boost was phenomenal with them. with cordygen 5, i didn't notice much the first week and a half, but once they kicked in, it was easy as sitting down and watching tv. there was like in instant increase in my conditioning.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am def. a fan of cordy in general- I have used it off and on for almost 3 years (mostly on)- it really helps with endurance, plus it seems to potentiate the effects of caffeine and forskolin quite a bit....

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Took the same supps today as I did when posting this thread and today I felt horrible and don't think I performed well. Today instead of 2hrs of straight swimming around dusk it was a 3 mile trek to the gym to work chest/arms and another 3 miles back, in the mid afternoon heat. Normally I don't go out until dusk as it is, but I thought the heat would up the endurance difficulty factor. So that's one good experience and one let down under harsher conditions so far for me.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Absolutely, yes...but only if it's Millennium Sports cordy. Don't bother with anything else.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Absolutely, yes...but only if it's Millennium Sports cordy. Don't bother with anything else.
A brilliant post.

There is definitely a difference in the quality of cordyceps products and you will want to look into what is the best quality before assessing your purchase. You can buy a tub of bulk cordyceps for pretty cheap...and you can also see little to no results from it at all.

Check out our webpage for samples and let us know what you think!

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
A brilliant post.

There is definitely a difference in the quality of cordyceps products and you will want to look into what is the best quality before assessing your purchase. You can buy a tub of bulk cordyceps for pretty cheap...and you can also see little to no results from it at all.

Check out our webpage for samples and let us know what you think!
my samples are MST, but I only had two, so I'm out now and undecided whether or not to invest in them at this point. Enjoyed my bottle of ragnarok though, was a decent pre wo supp. :)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
:) I've used many bulk sources, 'good' CS-4, and other brands. MST's is the only cordyceps that works, and oh, how it works. It's a staple in my regimen.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
glad to see you enjoyed the rok. It's definitely a quality product and since there is a caff free version, easily stackable with other products with stims.

What kind of training is it that you do NightWanderer? Although I feel that Cordygen5 or v02 is great for ANY fitness regime...there are some that are really 200% enhanced by the product.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
glad to see you enjoyed the rok. It's definitely a quality product and since there is a caff free version, easily stackable with other products with stims.

What kind of training is it that you do NightWanderer? Although I feel that Cordygen5 or v02 is great for ANY fitness regime...there are some that are really 200% enhanced by the product.
I'm in a wheelchair so my lifting options are limited, I do an entire upper body routine every 3rd day with free weights, a great smith machine that allows horizontal movement as well as vertical,
cable machines, etc. whatever I can get my hands on really. I also swim for cardio, aside from hauling around long distances in my chair, etc. Currently I'm doing low volume with heavy weight, trying to get my strength up, 5X5 type stuff.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
wow...well thats unfortunate that you are in a wheelchair, and i'm sorry to hear it.

I would think that cordygen5 would help you more considering it is of a time released nature so it would help with your lifting/swimming routines when you run them...and then it would also continue to help for hours upon hours after that with the wheeling around.

Did you receive a sample of both c5 and cv02? I'm just curious as to which one you preferred when taking the samples. I know it's hard to assess from one day...but if you had an opinion...

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Did you receive a sample of both c5 and cv02? I'm just curious as to which one you preferred when taking the samples. I know it's hard to assess from one day...but if you had an opinion...
yeah, the first time was 1hr and 58 minutes of swimming with c5,
and today was 6 miles of cardio to and from the gym + the weight routine with cv02. I wasn't aware of what the difference may have been between the two performance wise.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
yeah, the first time was 1hr and 58 minutes of swimming with c5,
and today was 6 miles of cardio to and from the gym + the weight routine with cv02. I wasn't aware of what the difference may have been between the two performance wise.

I actually would have changed when you took them around for optimal effect. C5 is the time released capsule that lasts for up to 12 hours worth of effect as where Cv02 is a formula focusing in on a smaller range of time for a lifting session+post cardio or something similar.

Since I am a tennis player as well as a kettlebell trainer, when I am playing tennis (my whole routine could last as long as 5 hours) I use c5 as where when I am using kettlebells (whole routine under 2 hours) I go with cv02.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I actually would have changed when you took them around for optimal effect. C5 is the time released capsule that lasts for up to 12 hours worth of effect as where Cv02 is a formula focusing in on a smaller range of time for a lifting session+post cardio or something similar.

Since I am a tennis player as well as a kettlebell trainer, when I am playing tennis (my whole routine could last as long as 5 hours) I use c5 as where when I am using kettlebells (whole routine under 2 hours) I go with cv02.
yeah I suppose it could have been that my entire routine plus getting there and back just took too long, I really did feel great the day I went with the c5.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
It's truly a phenomenal product. I literally keep 3 full bottles on hand at all times...ya know...just in case I ever need to retreat to the bomb shelter ;)

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
It's truly a phenomenal product. I literally keep 3 full bottles on hand at all times...ya know...just in case I ever need to retreat to the bomb shelter ;)
would it be worthwhile to double dose, or is there too great of a diminishing return?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
would it be worthwhile to double dose, or is there too great of a diminishing return?
I don't think it would be necessary to be honest. The effects last long enough that taking a 2nd dose is almost definitely a waste of money.

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it would be necessary to be honest. The effects last long enough that taking a 2nd dose is almost definitely a waste of money.
I can attest to this from experience. I played around with dosages, and the recommended dose is spot on just as CT says.

Although... one time.... I went with TWELVE caps of CG5 once for a Physical Fitness Test. Set a PR on the course, and felt solid all around. Motivated by the environment and the individuals who ran it with me, but nonetheless, something clicked that day.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
like Chuck said, it really depends on which cordycep product you're talking about. they definitely do work if you get the right strain, though.

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
i used the c5 and loved it for both cardio and weight lifting endurance. Cordygen v02 is among the highest supps on my to do list.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
That's outstanding - some real proof of its effects on oxygen utilization. If you don't mind me prying, what were your numbers pre-cordyceps/post?

For example, I have done pushups, crunches, planks, jumping jacks, calisthenics etc..the same basic workout with running included. Ending heart rate 120 without Cordy, 112 with Cordy. That was one day though. I can get on an ellipitical and go hard without even opening my mouth, the stuff is money. I'm going to be trying JP8 when it gets here. It's got Cordy and Rhodiola in it as well as some other good things.

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Cordyceps, IMHO, is the absolute best endurance supplement out. And, for me, C5 is still king, although VO2 is good also. I tried two bulk cordys, and no effect.

Last year I was heavily into cardio and my pulse rate decreased to under 42 beats per minute resting, and I had a hard time getting it above 110 while biking pretty hard. I weighed 242 pounds. I used five C5s per day during that period. The extra reps in weight training were obvious too.

I was trying to keep up with some other gym rat who was 47 pounds lighter then me and 12 years younger, and the C5 almost helped me keep up. This guy had run a couple of 10K runs at slightly under 6:30 per mile not long before.

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
Couple questions...

1) The VO2 formula looks much prettier than the C5 formula, though all Im looking for is cordyceps, Rhodiola Rosea would be nice. My problem is the time release factor. I am an endurance athlete that works out for 2-3 hours at a time (its rare that I do longer than this, but not unheard-of). What it you took half a dose of VO2 pre-WO and a half dose half-way in? Or would splitting the dose diminish the effects?

2) Has anyone used this for a 8-10 week period, focusing on actual performance increase? And if so, how was performance after discontinuing use? I imagine performance/endurance would drop, but by how much?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Couple questions...

1) The VO2 formula looks much prettier than the C5 formula, though all Im looking for is cordyceps, Rhodiola Rosea would be nice. My problem is the time release factor. I am an endurance athlete that works out for 2-3 hours at a time (its rare that I do longer than this, but not unheard-of). What it you took half a dose of VO2 pre-WO and a half dose half-way in? Or would splitting the dose diminish the effects?

2) Has anyone used this for a 8-10 week period, focusing on actual performance increase? And if so, how was performance after discontinuing use? I imagine performance/endurance would drop, but by how much?
1] i have a bottle of cordygen5, was thinking of getting the cheap bottle of vo2 and just take 1 with my 3 c5. might do some experimenting with dosages, so far i haven't gone above 3 a day on the c5. maybe it's just me, but i have seen a noticeable difference in the week i have been taking, i hope this will be even better over time.

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Kilo,

Cordy5, in my experience, has performed somewhat better than the VO2 formula. Especially if you are looking for lasting endurance.

But a total ENDURANCE STACK would have to include citrulline malate (2 to 1), and beta-alanine. Rhodiola Rosea would indeed be nice, but so would something like vinpocetine. There are half a dozen other supplements that could add to a good endurance stack, but the big three are cordyceps, citrulline malate, and beta-alanine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Kilo,

Cordy5, in my experience, has performed somewhat better than the VO2 formula. Especially if you are looking for lasting endurance.

But a total ENDURANCE STACK would have to include citrulline malate (1 to 1), and beta-alanine. Rhodiola Rosea would indeed be nice, but so would something like vinpocetine. There are half a dozen other supplements that could add to a good endurance stack, but the big three are cordyceps, citrulline malate, and beta-alanine.
i agree, been adding bulk cit mal to incarnate for a big boost. now ive added c5, endurance and stamina are noticeably increased.

Kilo1636

Kilo1636

Awards
Thanks,

I have been using BA, and I will be adding c5, I dont really have the money for cit. mal.

T

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
TCDuece,

I know that the VO2 cordy contains Rhodiola Rosea, but your old Cordygen 5, for some reason, seems about 10% more effective for me. If C5 did not exist I would buy the VO2.

I also like buying Rhodiola Rosea separate so that I can cycle it with something like maca every few weeks. Rhodiola has to be cycled, IMO, as the body adapts and it's effectiveness declines if you don't take time away.

I appreciate you guys and your products. :thumbsup: