Which protein powder to buy?

firstbat71

Awards
Im on the last few scoops of ON vanilla whey, so I need to get more, so what do you people recommend for post workout? I bought a couple tubs of the syntha-6 for the midnight shake, but not sure what to get for post workout, and I like to throw a scoop in during meals too. So which would you buy:

ON whey
Eas Whey
NOW Foods whey

Or what do you recommnend?

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
anything whey (ON is my choice)...add a carb source if you require it. whey has the highest concentration of aminos.

syntha 6 tastes good but it is a protein blend, more fat making it one of the highest cholesterol proteins i've seen outside a weight gainer, also expensive IMO!

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
ON Whey is affordable and most flavors are pretty good. Its just all around a good product. Its my top pick.

Also check out All They Whey, they have their own section on the board. I haven't tried their products, but I read good things, and their prices are right.:thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Scivation Whey is the best price I've seen so far. $60 for 10lbs.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
I like CytoGainer. It tastes good... awesome for a bulking stage... it really works for me.

Also Golden FinisH is designed specifically for post workout.

Scivation Whey is a good deal too.

Those would be the three I'd look into.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True Protein has a great sale right now on proteins..

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Scivation Whey is the best price I've seen so far. $60 for 10lbs.
Same here.. i recently switched from ON and really like the chocolate flavored and it mixes well... you cant beat the price on the 10lbs bag

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
All The Whey brand Whey Protein Isolate...either 'Cinnamon Bun' or 'Cupcake Batter'.. there's no need for any other whey protein supplement in your arsenal :thumbsup:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I use Nectar, tastes great! (yes, I care about taste!)

I also use Golden FinisH post workout. Great nutrient profile!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depedning on how much you want, but Scivation whey is a great bargain for 10lbs. I am also partial to Body Fortress Whey that you can pick up at target. Hell of a price, with a good profile

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I shop around for whatever is cheapest since in the long run your not gonna notice any difference besides taste. I just order LG's Lipotropic Protein to try something different. NP has ATW concentrate for 29.99 which is a great price. Ultimate Whey Supreme you can get for about 27.99. I scour the internet for the best price I can find.

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
All The Whey brand Whey Protein Isolate...either 'Cinnamon Bun' or 'Cupcake Batter'.. there's no need for any other whey protein supplement in your arsenal :thumbsup:
+1

I would also recommend ATW's Chocolate Mint- tastes like melted Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.

I Like Cinnamon Bun for Breakfast, Cupcake Batter throughout the day, and Chocolate Mint after dinner. Prices are good too, not the cheapest but worth a lil extra $$$ for the taste and mixability.

dlutz74

dlutz74

Awards
I like the ON 100% Whey. Chocolate of course. Mixes AND taste great. Results are nice too.

Disciple83

Disciple83

Awards
I vote for the ON as well. But I switched from 100% Whey to ON Nitrocore 24 it's 10 different protein sources and continues to feed your muscles from the moment you drink it to hours after. Seems like a better idea instead of buying diff proteins for diff times of day. imo.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
I use Nectar, tastes great! (yes, I care about taste!)

I also use Golden FinisH post workout. Great nutrient profile!
Nectar is a really good protien too. I've used Apple Ecstacy, Roadside Lemonade, and Strawberry Kiwi. All good flavors.

Also it doesn't have any fat, which is good for some people and also only 90 calories a serving.

WhazUpDoc

Awards
I like ON Whey for most of my protein shakes. Before bed I do a 50/50 mix of muscle milk and ON Gold Std 100% Casein. Works well IMO

zachwienandt

zachwienandt

Awards
Get ON's Gold Standard but go with the Cookies and Cream. You can blend it with raw eggs and it tastes just like Egg Nog. I do 2 scoops for every five eggs :D

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
man, that All The Whey brand looks VERY promising. if i hadn't just gotten me a tub of ON for 30 bucks locally, i'da got the WPI. go with that if you're ordering online, and get it from Nutraplanet.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the Whey. Blend or WPI. Well priced and alot of flavors, great mixability.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Supplements 30
LJ57 Supplements 23
LJ57 Supplements 1
akboom87 Supplements 34
fatsuperman Supplements 5