NO products can inhibit strength so why do we take them?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong here but this has been on my mind...

Why all the NO products??

Beyond minimal pump levels which the body can achieve on it's own, muscle pump or filling with blood actually will send shut off signals to nuerons in the muscle as a protection mechanism and call them to shut down (again sorry if my posts aren't scientifically perfect.)

I personally KNOW that once my real pump hits my endurance goes to hell (and anyone who is enhanced will know this WELL). For some people who REALLY can't get a pump they might help the mind-muslce connection but really they should check their mineral and diet balance before turning to NO products.

what is the logic for using these? I really think we should be using vasoconstricors. I think epehedrine is so effective with caffiene because it gives you energy and drive without a pump and might even take your pump away... I hate pumps because I get them WAY to strong and they limit my endurance and there is science to back it up...

are we all really sheep that like to feel big in the gym and look tough?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
are we all really sheep that like to feel big in the gym and look tough?
Unfortunately, I believe so, for the majority of people. I tend to avoid NO products because I feel it's purely a cosmetic effect anyway, so it's a waste of cash. I've never had a NO product do anything for me that was obviously useful.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, I believe so, for the majority of people. I tend to avoid NO products because I feel it's purely a cosmetic effect anyway, so it's a waste of cash. I've never had a NO product do anything for me that was obviously useful.
man even worse than consmetic they can limit performance, its RETARTED! I never take the time to post up science but this pisses me off enough that I just might for this subject.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Interesting conversation in here, along for the ride to see how this turns out. Wish I had something to add at the moment. (still learning)

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Interesting conversation in here, along for the ride to see how this turns out. Wish I had something to add at the moment. (still learning)
got a feeling it will be riding dirty on this one... tryin to catch me ridin dirty?

**** I need a job ha... I'll look for studies or articles eventually but want to see if anyone else has read this.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
got a feeling it will be riding dirty on this one... tryin to catch me ridin dirty?

**** I need a job ha... I'll look for studies or articles eventually but want to see if anyone else has read this.
The reason it has me so interested is I have only heard good things about the "pump" I take a NO/Creatine product now, and if the pump proves to be less benificial then it is helpful, I can save myself $30 a month.

I truly thought that a pump helps the muscle grow through the force of blood and nutrients, so this is still true, but what your saying is the body can produce enough pump on its own, and maybe with the help of super sets and drop sets, to where a NO product is obsolete.

I am tracking on this so far?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
subd for SCIENCE!!!
lol
here to learn

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never took any NO products to comment on their effect on me but I stayed away from them on the sole reason that I get good pumps as it is, some painful, that any more of a pump wasn't a goal.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Never took any NO products to comment on their effect on me but I stayed away from them on the sole reason that I get good pumps as it is, some painful, that any more of a pump wasn't a goal.
I agree, anyone who has time today look for articles on deep inlay training... I don't like the theory but he has a ton of good points and will be my main resource of stealing articles from his sources ha.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I too avoid NO products I just never saw the logic and I look big enough..., as far as mind muslce goes if I don't have the connection by now I never will. Quite frankly I never saw much use in energy products either as as soon as my blood starts to boil which is brought on by lifting; I am in the zone most times out. Then I don't like stims much at all.

I do like a supplement that keeps me looking and feeling hard for extended periods, drive does this for me and I am always feeling big and hard when using it.

SureShot

SureShot

Awards
  • Established
I tried NO-Explode back maybe 2 years ago. It worked for a week, then it made my damn ass explode and I got pounding headaches. I take zero NO products, they are a waste of money IMHO. I remember back in my "super supplements" days that I would get pumps in my shoulders and biceps while on fina that would make me have to cut workouts short they were so painful.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
read the t-nation articles I posted above
all is explained and my eyes are now opened.
NO = no way

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I like T-Nations articles....but I hate how they always end up with a cheesy plug of their products. I mean I understand thats how they make money and all, but I'll be all in a learning mode and then they'll hit you with:

"based on this scientific hypothesis on optimizing protein synthesis while decreasing muscular hypertrophy....the only logical choice is to buy SURGE!"

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Supplements I look for when i'm deciding to take anything

Digestive enzymes
Energy
Focus
Hormonal(Ph's etc)
Thermogenics
Appetite suppressants
Hydration

My basic daily routine is
Multi-V
Iron

When I have money I include
Digestive enzymes GUT Health
Energy Venom Hyperdrive (haven't tried new formula)
Focus Various
Hormonal(Ph's etc) Havoc/P-Plex/M-drol
Thermogenics Venom Hyperdrive
Appetite suppressants Venom Hyperdrive
Hydration Posiedon/Blast
Protein (various forms and brands)
Creatine( various forms and brands)

*wild card* I usually will try something differnt or new to see what kind of synergistic results I can get.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like T-Nations articles....but I hate how they always end up with a cheesy plug of their products. I mean I understand thats how they make money and all, but I'll be all in a learning mode and then they'll hit you with:

"based on this scientific hypothesis on optimizing protein synthesis while decreasing muscular hypertrophy....the only logical choice is to buy SURGE!"
yah and I have never really been to keen on their products.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I dont mind the plug of their company but the research they have done is good and the article is well written.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oddly enough..

No2 products are the only products which I can feel..

I take AEE/OEE combo and within 3-4 weeks Im benching 20-30kgs more.. all my lifts go up..

I dont gain weight, but my strength goes through the roof.

Anyways they said Vitamin C can cause you not to gain strength, blah blah.

Whats actually true?

I dunno, I grew the most when I took no supps! LOL. :D

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I grew the most when I took steroids. :thumbsup:
Ha ha I dont do Phs or Roids.

I grew when I was on MONO/Protein and some trib product from australia... i think it had a&b in it also..

But yeh, ive taken so much **** from the states, nothin works! back to basics.

:D

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
ive always found citrulline to help with my endurance...but arginine...nothing...so now all i take is some icariin and some citrulline malate if i feel the desire to have a more pronounced pump...usually i take this along with some taurine and a few other small things but never any arginine...

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Haha! Nice thread you got going on over here ;) I am a fan of NO-Synthesize, as I've been using it now and it's mainly a BCAA, creatine, beta alanine, and insulin optimizing product. The endurance is great, the strength increases are good, and the pump is just right.

I'd rather get real pumps from food, which is what I do. That's why I take P-Slin in the morning and have a bowl of Ezekiel cereal with lactose-free, organic milk, 6 dried papaya spears, and 40 grams of Oryx Goat Whey.

I'll workout 1.5 hours later and sip NO-Synthesize during the workout, then take another P-Slin at the end of the workout and do 20 minutes of moderate cardio, then eat a banana, a handful of raisins, granola, 60 grams Oryx Goat whey, and some pre/pro-biotic, organic superfood yogurt to mix in with the granola.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I think it depends a lot on your training as well, I personally rarely go over 5 reps for my heavy movements so NO products never negatively effect me at that rep range. The only reason I personally like some NO products is because they help counteract the vaso-constriction that you get from stimulants. This seems to helps me endurance in my lighter sets where I go high rep and try to get blood to my muscles for recovery. I do agree though that a pump early in your workout can really mess up your workout. For example when I was training for hypertrophy I was following a 10 x 10 template and I had a couple products that were just to much to handle. WTFpumped for example had me feeling pumped before I even hit the gym, same with Pslin. That is actually the reason I prefer to mix my Pslin with an intra-workout drink, it greatly enhances recovery and finishing strength but I don't get a pump until I leave the gym. Also NO products have come a long way since NOxplode was the gold standard, ingredients such as Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, Creatine, Amino's, etc are all proven muscle builders and when dosed properly can provide excellent results.