Supp Advice

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
so im fairly new to AM. not much of a poster but i enjoy reading all the info you guys give out. my question is i currently have begun to cut and its been going pretty good. i was curious if you guys recommend any good suppS?

i currently am taking

protein
multi vitamin
flaxseed oil
hydroxycut hardcore

anything i should - or +?

thanks!

oh and to reduce thread flood could i ask what your opinions on frequency of hiit a week? Thanks!

-danny

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Obviously if your diet is in order what you have should work well. Creatine would be a great add to help retain muscle. Plus its cheap.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
- hydroxycut
+ REDuction or + Animal Cuts

- flaxseed
+ Animal Omega

+ Green MAGnitude (creatine not "nessecary" per se for losing fat... but it definitely helps and is always good in other ways too)

+ White Flood (again, pre workout N.O. not absolutely "essential" per se... but def. recommended)

HIIT Frequency: I recommend doing HIIT 4 times a week. ;)

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
yeah i understand, but my question is there any additions i can make to improve results?

EDIT: thanks i was typing this before your post!

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
thanks for the feedback so far guys any advice is greatly appreciated.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
- hydroxycut
+ REDuction or + Animal Cuts

- flaxseed
+ Animal Omega

+ Green MAGnitude (creatine not "nessecary" per se for losing fat... but it definitely helps and is always good in other ways too)

+ White Flood (again, pre workout N.O. not absolutely "essential" per se... but def. recommended)

HIIT Frequency: I recommend doing HIIT 4 times a week. ;)
sound advice bro def listen, the hydroxy is not great. the green mag is for sure and ive heard good things bout white flood. also some anabolic pump could pry help you out

Domenic

Domenic

Awards
  • Established
I think if you're going to use a fat burner there are better ones than Hydroxycut Hardcore. Even if it was awesome, I'm not sure I'd want MT getting any of my money.

Strict diet + Cardio, and you will lose. If you're going to use a fat burner, utilize the board's "search" function and brace yourself for the wave of logs, opinions, reviews, before & after pictures, and information that will follow.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
sound advice bro def listen, the hydroxy is not great. the green mag is for sure and ive heard good things bout white flood. also some anabolic pump could pry help you out
Yup, anabolic pump gets good reviews. Sadly I've never tried it so that would explain why it wasn't in my list. Maybe someday... :D

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
great advice guys! any good sites you recommend to get some of the supps mentioned?

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Yup. NutraPlanet definitely. They're the ones that sponser this board anyways. ;)

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
thanks a bunch. i hear all this talk about giving rep, is there a way to give it or something? because you all def. deserve it thanks for your time to answer this newbies questions.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Below the red AMSpace icon do you see that balance scale? You just click on that :D Thanks bro.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thanks a bunch. i hear all this talk about giving rep, is there a way to give it or something? because you all def. deserve it thanks for your time to answer this newbies questions.
I think your #1 addition in a cut would be a quality bcaa/eaa product. I personally use Purple Wraath and absolutely love it.

For a quality fat burning dynamo try out MST Hardcore Shred Xs stacked with RPN's Dcp.

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
hmm so many choices, really making deciding difficult :think:

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
i would throw some recreate in place on that mustletech junk and also add RPM & DRIVE to that yall def see some results mangggg

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
hmm so many choices, really making deciding difficult :think:
that is the tough part about it all. No matter what anyone reccommends, your body will react differently than anyone elses. Basically it's up to trial and error to see what works for you and what doesn't.

Anything I will suggest will be of the highest quality...as have some others here so far. a bcaa or eaa product is definitely necessary for you though in a cut. I would make that my first investment.

Check into some Phosphatidyl Serine as well. Not a cheap product...but 110% effective.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
that is the tough part about it all. No matter what anyone reccommends, your body will react differently than anyone elses. Basically it's up to trial and error to see what works for you and what doesn't.

Anything I will suggest will be of the highest quality...as have some others here so far. a bcaa or eaa product is definitely necessary for you though in a cut. I would make that my first investment.
Very good advice. I second the amino acids

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
I think your #1 addition in a cut would be a quality bcaa/eaa product. I personally use Purple Wraath and absolutely love it.

For a quality fat burning dynamo try out MST Hardcore Shred Xs stacked with RPN's Dcp.
I was making my way down the thread to see if this was posted, you beat me to it.

For me I feel BCAAs are a great addition while cutting, especially if you cardio after the weights, consume the BCAA during your weight lifting, and your good to go.

As for me if I do cardio on an empty stomach, I consume the BCAA with 1 scoop of whey in water. I truly feel it helps maintain as much muscle as you can while cutting.

Either way OP you have a bunch of different options to run with here, all great at that. Just remeber what everyone says, strict diet then cardio, get/keep these 2 strong then add the supps!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do like the sound of the aminos though that is nutrient enhancement which is fine along with protein powder. I don't know if fat burning supps are necessary at the start of a cut, they are not actually necessary at all but can help as you get very lean.

Don't get me wrong I think some of the supps suggested are quite good but supplementation is for experienced lifters who have reached a plateau or there progress has slowed to the point that supplementation makes sense. When your starting out there really isn't any need. Fat loss is quite easy untill you really start to get lean. Stop taking the hydroxycut, I would just throw it out... and wait a while and make the proper adjustments in your diet before taking supps.

MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
well ill post a updated pic as soon as possible but i am at a blank on my BF.

i just ordered some purple wraath you guys make that stuff sound awesome!

and some reduction.
ill most likely pick up animal omega today from the store.

Last edited:
MGSDP

MGSDP

Awards
also i hear good things about napalm. even though im a bit skeptical of those product types. thoughts?

also here is my updated pic from the one in the profile. any ideas on bf?

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established

Yup that's good too.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
well ill post a updated pic as soon as possible but i am at a blank on my BF.

i just ordered some purple wraath you guys make that stuff sound awesome!

and some reduction.
ill most likely pick up animal omega today from the store.
Awesome... those three plus what you already have should be about all you need for now... and then when you're ready you can add a good creatine (green mag) and perhaps an N.O.(White FLood).