nutraplanet's bulk BCAA and ALCAR - dosing

SilkPhantom

SilkPhantom

Awards
Hey guys,

Ive been searching all over the web and i cant find a consistent aswer to how much of these substances one is supposed to take and whats the best time to take them. The Bulk powder from the BCAA is 1/4 tsp = 400mg and the Acytl L-Carnitine is 1/4 tsp = 750 mg

so far ive been taking 1/4 tsp of each before a workout. Sometimes taking another 1/4 tsp of the BCAAs afterwards with my protein shake as well. Ive read elsewhere some people take upwards of 4-8 grams of this stuff?! what's the deal.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You need alot more BCAA's than 1/4 tsp!!! Try like 5g intra-workout, mixed with some creatine, beta alanine. For a dosing guideline, check out Xtend.

ALCAR dosing varies, but I think 1g, 3x daily is a good dose.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I would take at least 15g BCAA's pre/intra, preferably on empty stomach(not with protein shake). I like dosing ALCAR at 1.5g pre-wo and 1 or 2 other times a day. Its also good to have some sort of anti-ox to help neutralize the increase in free radicals from the ALCAR.

bigthick44

Awards
what would be the lessened effects if one were to mix one serving of the bulk bcaa with a protein shake?

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
You need alot more BCAA's than 1/4 tsp!!! Try like 5g intra-workout, mixed with some creatine, beta alanine. For a dosing guideline, check out Xtend.

ALCAR dosing varies, but I think 1g, 3x daily is a good dose.
So 5g of BCAAs would be a bit over 3 tsps?

papagunz

Awards
Layne Norton does two scoops of Xtend (one serving) between meals. Lol, looks like it works for him, and he's researching the **** in the lab too. Smart cookie, that man.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
what would be the lessened effects if one were to mix one serving of the bulk bcaa with a protein shake?
You won't get the spike in blood plasma levels that makes taking them on an empty stomach more beneficial.