Rhodiola Rosea sex boost??

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking NOW brand Rhodiola Rosea just a few days ago for its stress reducing properties,.(I thought thats all it did) but I'm finding an added bonus of a mad crazy libido thats kicked into over drive just after 3 days of use...and Im only taking 2 tabs a day. I'm pretty sure its the R.R....anyone else experience this?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Very common with R.R, I recommend anyone R.R as part of pct

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
That explains it...still blows my mind that something this affective only costs about $8.
shhh, keep it quite. If too many people say things like that the price will skyrocket.!!!! :lol:

Anyway, the last few days I've been training stim free for the first time in years and i owe it all to the Rhodiola, i think!!! I'm also using the NOW Foods brand.

I've been having only 1 cap pre workout on an empty stomach in the morning with L-Tyrosine, Green Tea and 7-Hydroxy DHEA and as i've used the other things before i really think the Rhodiola has contributed to my increased energy, stength, good moods and just being more relaxed in general.

JohnnieFreeze, you taking both caps at once or in divided doses?

I was thinking of adding 1 more cap for energy and recovery and just use the L-Tyrosine for the focus and dropping the other 2.

Love this stuff.

Jag

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started taking NOW brand Rhodiola Rosea just a few days ago for its stress reducing properties,.(I thought thats all it did) but I'm finding an added bonus of a mad crazy libido thats kicked into over drive just after 3 days of use...and Im only taking 2 tabs a day. I'm pretty sure its the R.R....anyone else experience this?
Rhodiola Rosea is by far my favourite herb. Hardly any other herb comes close to combining as many versatile properties. It is mostly known to boost ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, thereby delivering significant benefits in terms of strength and endurance. Beyond this, it possesses other cool benefits such as exerting significant authentic adaptogenic effects (via modulation of hypothalamic serotonin, norepinephrine, beta-endorphin, and opioid peptide levels that change in response to stress); treatment of thyroid dysfunction and adrenal fatigue, without causing hyperfunction; boosting the effectiveness of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the brain; treatment of arrhythmia and tachycardia; boosting cognition, concentration, and mental performance; inhibition of C-reactive proteins (an inflammatory compound) and creatine kinase (a measure of muscle damage); promoting healthy sleep and recovery; modulation of anorexia; reduction of hyperglycemia and management of diabetic complications; treatment of infertility in women (even when standard fertility-enhancing drugs fail!) and irregular menstruation; adjustment in sexual dysfunction in men (erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and women; reduction of the toxicity of anti-cancer drugs and enhancement of their effectiveness; prized anti-oxidant effects. All that with few, if any, side effects, even at supra-physiological doses! There is no drug that can even come close to delivering half of these benefits without substantial side effects, even within recommended doses!

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
shhh, keep it quite. If too many people say things like that the price will skyrocket.!!!! :lol:

Anyway, the last few days I've been training stim free for the first time in years and i owe it all to the Rhodiola, i think!!! I'm also using the NOW Foods brand.

I've been having only 1 cap pre workout on an empty stomach in the morning with L-Tyrosine, Green Tea and 7-Hydroxy DHEA and as i've used the other things before i really think the Rhodiola has contributed to my increased energy, stength, good moods and just being more relaxed in general.

JohnnieFreeze, you taking both caps at once or in divided doses?

I was thinking of adding 1 more cap for energy and recovery and just use the L-Tyrosine for the focus and dropping the other 2.

Love this stuff.

Jag
Im dividing the dose...1 cap in the morning with my usual multi, protein etc. and 1 in the evening. I use to stack it with Ashwagandha but I had to stop because the it was making me too drowsy. Ashwagandha makes a good sleep aid though.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola Rosea is by far my favourite herb. Hardly any other herb comes close to combining as many versatile properties. It is mostly known to boost ATP/phosphocreatine synthesis, thereby delivering significant benefits in terms of strength and endurance. Beyond this, it possesses other cool benefits such as exerting significant authentic adaptogenic effects (via modulation of hypothalamic serotonin, norepinephrine, beta-endorphin, and opioid peptide levels that change in response to stress); treatment of thyroid dysfunction and adrenal fatigue, without causing hyperfunction; boosting the effectiveness of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the brain; treatment of arrhythmia and tachycardia; boosting cognition, concentration, and mental performance; inhibition of C-reactive proteins (an inflammatory compound) and creatine kinase (a measure of muscle damage); promoting healthy sleep and recovery; modulation of anorexia; reduction of hyperglycemia and management of diabetic complications; treatment of infertility in women (even when standard fertility-enhancing drugs fail!) and irregular menstruation; adjustment in sexual dysfunction in men (erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and women; reduction of the toxicity of anti-cancer drugs and enhancement of their effectiveness; prized anti-oxidant effects. All that with few, if any, side effects, even at supra-physiological doses! There is no drug that can even come close to delivering half of these benefits without substantial side effects, even within recommended doses!
amazing info from you as usual :)
anyone have an idea of what the optimal dosage should be? I'm getting nice results with two 500mg a day of NOW brand.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's definitely a top herb for me as well although it has tons more research than my current stack of Relora and Holy Basil which I find to be a shade better in the mood/anxiety control department. I seem to have developed a mild tolerance to RR these days and needed to switch up.

A boost in libido from RR could either be from it's adaptogenic properties or simply the reduction in anxiety. Anxiety is the top libido killer/reducer IMO.