A mega dose of.....POSEIDON!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
So I purchased Poseidon with my last NP order because I have heard tons of good things about it and I must say the hype was legit. I've felt amazing since Ive taken it. Ive been going with just a morning blast for my dosing of 5 scoops mixed w/ BCAA's. I like the alert and refreshed feeling it gives me in the morning.

I was wondering, is it safe to continue dosing through the day then, or would such high levels prove harmful?

:think:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just my 2 cents, if you are dosing 5 right off the bat, I think you probably still could dose again in a small amount

Per Nimbus website:
Directions– Take 3 - 6 Serving per day, as needed, on an empty stomach or with a very light meal. For best results, take first thing in the morning, before and/or during workouts and again in the evening.
Let us know how its goes, Poseidon is crazy stuff

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
So I purchased Poseidon with my last NP order because I have heard tons of good things about it and I must say the hype was legit. I've felt amazing since Ive taken it. Ive been going with just a morning blast for my dosing of 5 scoops mixed w/ BCAA's. I like the alert and refreshed feeling it gives me in the morning.

I was wondering, is it safe to continue dosing through the day then, or would such high levels prove harmful?

Wow........I don't see why not. 5 scoops?....whew, That's huge!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
More than 6 servings a day proved to be just a waste of product in my experience... However, I would front load several doses from time to time with great results.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Posieden has nothing harmful in it. I use it to prevent cramps on clen and often dose 5-7 times a day when doing that.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro's perhaps it is just a waste of product dosing it anymore..

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks bro's perhaps it is just a waste of product dosing it anymore..
of course from the perspective of cost, you need to dose on an as needed basis (that is how I dose things).

try it out and see how you feel, and feel in the pocket

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I actually stumbled across this because I misread the label. I don't know why when I read it I took it as 3-6 scoops each serving throughout the day when needed. Only after reading some Poseidon threads did I reread the label and was like, uh-oh.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I take two scoops with some other goodies every morning as part of my pre workout supp's. Mega dosing can be good but after a while it just causes expensive pee.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
You musta got a helluva niacin flush from that!

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You musta got a helluva niacin flush from that!
Niacin can be toxic to the liver in high doses. I personally wouldn't megadose simply because of this. I don't see a problem with anything else though.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to see Reaper answering questions! :p

I would probably lower the dose slightly and then have several more doses throughout the day...high doses shouldn't be a problem as i know Rich uses quite a bit in a gallon jug throughout the day and depending on hydration needs.

Is your skin like bright red after all 5 scoops!?!? :eek: :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I would probably lower the dose slightly and then have several more doses throughout the day...high doses shouldn't be a problem as i know Rich uses quite a bit in a gallon jug throughout the day and depending on hydration needs.

thanks man, glad to be around:thumbsup:

I cant imagine the niacin flush that would result, must be extreme and quite tingly

I remember people at work thinking I was having a reaction when I had a "flush", was kinda funny

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established

Oh yeah, all morning people were asking me if there was something wrong with me.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
make sure to keep your H2O up with poseidon. It seems to lessen the flush for me, at least slightly

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Posieden has nothing harmful in it. I use it to prevent cramps on clen and often dose 5-7 times a day when doing that.
This just simply isn't true. Remember the adage, "dose determines the poison"?

5 scoops of Poseidon would probably be better utilized if spread throughout the day. I don't know if they have a cap on what one can dose per day but even with these water soluble vitamins toxicity and imbalances could eventually rise. My concern with a 5 scoop dose is that it might simply be wasteful as the body can only absorb a limited amount of nutrients at a time. You could easily use a 2 scoop dose and derive the same effect. But perhaps you've already experimented with dosing and found this not to be the case.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This just simply isn't true. Remember the adage, "dose determines the poison"?

5 scoops of Poseidon would probably be better utilized if spread throughout the day. I don't know if they have a cap on what one can dose per day but even with these water soluble vitamins toxicity and imbalances could eventually rise. My concern with a 5 scoop dose is that it might simply be wasteful as the body can only absorb a limited amount of nutrients at a time. You could easily use a 2 scoop dose and derive the same effect. But perhaps you've already experimented with dosing and found this not to be the case.
Well I also only use it for special circomstances so dose for me doesn't matter because I don't care if it last longer as I don't use it on a daily basis just when I know I need it so yto me if its all gone faster is irrelavent.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

yah u can do that ..wont do any harm .. its better to spread it out through out the day though

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you are into the tingles. try adding some bulk beta alanine for an even bigger rush, with just 2or3 scoops of poseidon.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
sounds like you are into the tingles. try adding some bulk beta alanine for an even bigger rush, with just 2or3 scoops of poseidon.

Interesting....I could use some more Poseidon right about now. I am draggin a$$ today.:yawn:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Interesting....I could use some more Poseidon right about now. I am draggin a$$ today.:yawn:
bulk ba is cheap, and added to poseidon will give more bang for the buck. been reading a lot about liver stress and high dose niacin, adding ba to poseidon and cutting down the dose seems safer, plus you will still get the rush [buzz].

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In terms of the studies that you have seen, pertaining to high doses of niacin, what type of dosages are being referred to? It would be interesting to see the limitations based on scientific studies

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In terms of the studies that you have seen, pertaining to high doses of niacin, what type of dosages are being referred to? It would be interesting to see the limitations based on scientific studies
a nice discussion on this topic going on in celc5's havoc with fura thread in the cycle info section. celc is open to new info, i am sure he would welcome your input.:thumbsup:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a nice discussion on this topic going on in celc5's havoc with fura thread in the cycle info section. celc is open to new info, i am sure he would welcome your input.:thumbsup:
awesome, I will have to get over there today and take a look. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just as a quick aside, the dosage in Poseidon of niacin is only about 75mg (per scoop, could be a tad more) as I recall, where some of the studies I have seen are talking about dosing over 6g per day. Just an fyi

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just as a quick aside, the dosage in Poseidon of niacin is only about 75mg (per scoop) as I recall, where some of the studies I have seen are talking about dosing over 6g per day. Just an fyi
that is around what i expected, but 6 scoops at one time with all the enhancement of poseidon seems a bit overboard. by enhancement i mean everything you take with poseidon seems to have more effect.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is around what i expected, but 6 scoops at one time with all the enhancement of poseidon seems a bit overboard. by enhancement i mean everything you take with poseidon seems to have more effect.
I dont disagree, it is a bit much, however the rec dosage is around 6 per day. I would still recommend spreading it out, no doubt

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont disagree, it is a bit much, however the rec dosage is around 6 per day. I would still recommend spreading it out, no doubt
i think the op is hooked on the rush, that is why i recommended adding bulk ba, he could get the buzz on a lot less poseidon and spread doses out through the day.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
..or just go with Swell :)

Two scoops turns me into a beetroot! I can't imagine what 5 would do.

Sipping a scoop in sports bottle throughout the night is a beneficial addition to any supplementation programme.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Sipping a scoop in sports bottle throughout the night is a beneficial addition to any supplementation programme.
agreed, that stuff gets you moving, and with the BA the tingles are even more present

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think the op is hooked on the rush, that is why i recommended adding bulk ba, he could get the buzz on a lot less poseidon and spread doses out through the day.
the bulk ba certainly can add to it no doubt. That is why I love Swell so much :thumbsup:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the bulk ba certainly can add to it no doubt. That is why I love Swell so much :thumbsup:
People like that tingle???? I threw out a TOOON of bulk BA cause I couldn't even give it away, all my friends wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole and neither would I....wow

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
People like that tingle???? I threw out a TOOON of bulk BA cause I couldn't even give it away, all my friends wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole and neither would I....wow
for me I always love it as it is a sign that it is kicking in. I got a buddy at work that said the same thing. Many other supps that we take, you "know" are working, however, things like the BA in Swell you actually feel kicking in, same with the Niacin in Poseidon.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed, that stuff gets you moving, and with the BA the tingles are even more present
I still get the occasional BA tingles, but I can't seem to get a niacin flush. Only happened the first time I took some dialene (375mg B3).

Justreading, the BA tingles aren't bad if you split up your BA into smaller doses throughout the day, or take it with carbs.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they also lessen over time. However, the first few times out are kinda fun imo. :thumbsup:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I still get the occasional BA tingles, but I can't seem to get a niacin flush. Only happened the first time I took some dialene (375mg B3).

Justreading, the BA tingles aren't bad if you split up your BA into smaller doses throughout the day, or take it with carbs.
I threw mine away ha... poseiden tingles were not bad though so I can handle that

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey man, whatever works for you, its all good

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
I think I might scale back on my scoops.:toilet:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i agree, but i was assuming the op already had the poseidon.:thumbsup: