exp.'d vitamins 1/08, use or toss?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I'm broke and the only multi's I have expired 1/08, should I use 'em or toss 'em? They don't make me feel sick, but that doesn't always mean something isn't doing you harm.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you can't get anything else and they don't make you sick, I would just use them. You might be getting less than the label claims, but atleast it's something.
Vit C isn't going to turn poisonous on you ;)

The Tanya

The Tanya

AN Rep
Awards
I'm broke and the only multi's I have expired 1/08, should I use 'em or toss 'em? They don't make me feel sick, but that doesn't always mean something isn't doing you harm.
I would...As long as it's kept in a cool dry place, you should be fine. All companies use the expiration dates but the minerals and vitamins should not go bad. IMO

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
If you can't get anything else and they don't make you sick, I would just use them. You might be getting less than the label claims, but atleast it's something.
Vit C isn't going to turn poisonous on you ;)
Funny, I took a vitamin c softgel the other day and well... let's just say I saw it again later that day. LOL, it probably wasn't poisonous, I probably just didn't need anymore. LOL.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think there would be an adverse affect. As long as you are not feeling sick, I think they would be fine. However, if that changes...give them the heev hoo

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I know you can smell Aspirin if they go bad. They smell sour. I say they should be alright Smell them If they have been kept in a cool dry place you should be fine.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Most of the time expiration dates are a safety feature to protect the manufacturer, not the consumer.

Use em, they'll be fine. If they were 10 years old then I probably wouldn't.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Most of the time expiration dates are a safety feature to protect the manufacturer, not the consumer.
I feel the same way, but anything over 6 months past and I'd want to ask around, lol. I'm gonna use 'em, I'm not getting enough fruits & veggies these days so I really need my vitamins.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
I would take them from what i understand the only downside would be the potency might not be as strong as when "fresh"