does alpha lipoic acid work as good as expensive sups?

pontaro

Awards
hey there :)

just a quick question regarding those supplements that increase glucose uptake into the muscles.

Are the herbal ones like ALA or bitter melon or (ummm there are quite a lot i think) comparable to the more expensive bodybuilding supplements?

for example, would taking a large dose of ALA work as well as something such as "anabolic pump"?

I'm kinda insulin resistant, so I want to look into something. I ordered some ALA (300mg 50 caps) for about 5 dollars so its no big deal if it doesn't work I guess, But I would like to know if its worth it more to just spend the money and get anabolic pump or some other type?

can anyone recommend some ideas? there seem to be a lot out there. has anyone tried a number of them and have a favourite?

regards,
phil

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
hey there :)

just a quick question regarding those supplements that increase glucose uptake into the muscles.

Are the herbal ones like ALA or bitter melon or (ummm there are quite a lot i think) comparable to the more expensive bodybuilding supplements?

for example, would taking a large dose of ALA work as well as something such as "anabolic pump"?

I'm kinda insulin resistant, so I want to look into something. I ordered some ALA (300mg 50 caps) for about 5 dollars so its no big deal if it doesn't work I guess, But I would like to know if its worth it more to just spend the money and get anabolic pump or some other type?

can anyone recommend some ideas? there seem to be a lot out there. has anyone tried a number of them and have a favourite?

regards,
phil
I'm insulin resistant as well, and its been my experience that peeps in our situation just dont respond as well as those who aren't...at least not at "normal" doses...might be worth a try to take something less expensive and dose it high..