5 pounds of muscle

bradw85

Awards
Hey guys I'm new to this site, been reading alot of the posts though and seems like lots of good information. I have been working out for the past 4 years *except the last year..got lazy* and just got back into it heavy over the past 2 months. I moved out of state and don't know anyone here so I have been able to get back into as much as I was before. I'm 5'9" 149-151lbs, pretty lean.. don't know my exact bf% but I plan on buying calipers tomorrow to keep track of this. I would like to put on about 5 or 6 pounds of muscle in the shortest period of time possible. Never have been one for supplements (aside from creatine and protein), but am wondering what is out there that actually comes close to doing what it claims to do. There is no magic pill, I know this.. eat big to get big, i know this.. i do not want to just pack on pounds though so I will not be upping my calorie intake, and I get at least 280g of protein a day. This is turning into a novel, so to the point.. Does anyone have any recommendations for supplements? Is there anything out there that directly aides with protein synthesis ? Thanks

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outside of taking in food in the right amounts there are a few products out there that put on some weight.

Havoc works well from personal experience
I'm going to be trying some Get Diesel pructs in the near future and they have great reviews
To be honest man you can probably hit damn near every sponsor store here and get a product to help build mass that will work. Of course you have non responders and some do it through difference means.

What does your workout primarily consist of and what kind of muscle are you looking at putting on? Some products may have sides you're not willing to deal with too. Any other information you can provide?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
ecdysterone aids in protein synthesis, i like "Universals Animal M-STAK"
You can get bulk L-Leucine ( good for protein synthesis ) from NutraPlanet......bulk Arachidonic Acid from NP has good reviews but is pricey and does not have any thing to do with protein synthesis.......i think Amino Acids would help out and a good multi like Orange Triad by Controlled Labs or Universals Animal PAK....i dont know if you already have them......:think::(
how old are you and have you done any Steroids, PH's, or DS

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump is great for protein synthesis and for muscle gains. When you increase the volume of the cell, you increase protein synthesis. Furthermore, for every gram of carbohydrate stored in muscles, 3-4 g of water are also stored. Anabolic Pump super saturates your muscles with carbohydrates and this causes major cell volumization and protein synthesis.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i knew i forgot one of the good ones, Anabolic pump and P-Slin work good together, i did that stack and gained about 6 pounds, you just have to up your complex carbs ALOT! the pumps were INSANE

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
at 5'9" and 150lbs I wouldn't rec any supps!

you have to increase your caloric intake to put on mass! if you're worried about putting on a bunch of fat then you need to keep it within reason...like 200-400 cal extra per day.

if you've taken the last year off after training for several years then you shouldn't have any issues putting on a little mass quickly.

as you said, there is no magic pill! save the supps for when you get stuck and plateau...

Also, how old are you?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, let me start another thread in another section and reference him to it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at 5'9" and 150lbs I wouldn't rec any supps!

you have to increase your caloric intake to put on mass! if you're worried about putting on a bunch of fat then you need to keep it within reason...like 200-400 cal extra per day.

if you've taken the last year off after training for several years then you shouldn't have any issues putting on a little mass quickly.

as you said, there is no magic pill! save the supps for when you get stuck and plateau...

Also, how old are you?
That's what I was thinking 5 lbs should be a breeze in his situation. I you can't do that then supps aren't going to do much.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would probably eliminate 90+% of the people on this board. I would be willing to guess most of us could still make gains without any supplementation period.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would probably eliminate 90+% of the people on this board. I would be willing to guess most of us could still make gains without any supplementation period.
All of us as a matter of fact, but at least wait till the gains slow down to a crawl.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, the way I look at it is the OP gave what he was looking for and outlined some basic information. He didn't ask for nutrition or training and mentioned 'short time'. It's a bit hypocritical I think to turn away from suggestions on this guy but give our suggestions to someone else because they have a developed personality on the board but is just as inexperienced or small.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
im confused jayhawkk, lol i have trouble with long sentences.....sh*t wrong thread...lol im a retard

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe you're confused because Silkphantom isn't in this thread? LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, the way I look at it is the OP gave what he was looking for and outlined some basic information. He didn't ask for nutrition or training and mentioned 'short time'. It's a bit hypocritical I think to turn away from suggestions on this guy but give our suggestions to someone else because they have a developed personality on the board but is just as inexperienced or small.

I am just trying to say, that I think supplements ill advised at this point. 5 lbs will go on fast without them. In six months or so when gains slow down supps might be a good answer.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Post your diet and current training routine. You say you know there is no magic pull and that is correct. There isn't. If the basics aren't dialed in you'll never meet your goals, supplement or not.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post your diet and current training routine. You say you know there is no magic pull and that is correct. There isn't. If the basics aren't dialed in you'll never meet your goals, supplement or not.
That's all I was trying to say...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guess he asked for supp advice and someone felt it necissary to negative rep him...

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
haha i jayhawkk your a funny dude be my friend (no homo)

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
why is the OP NEGGED to HI HELL
he got pissy in another thread when someone called him out on trying to hijack it...I bet that's where it happened.

bradw85

Awards
Thanks for all the replies guys, wasn't able to check the thread yesterday. To answer some of the questions, I'm 23, haven't taken roids or really any supp's in the past. I do not have a set workout that I do consistently but goes something like this for instance.. today im going to do chest and tri's and i plan on doing
flat bench db 15, 12, 8, 6, 4, 10
decline bb 12, 10, 8, 6
cable flys 15, 12, 10, 10
cable tri extensinons 15, 10, 8, 6, 4
skull crushers 10, 10, 8
depending on how i feel after that maybe a burnout set of dips.
My diet
wake up(5:30): 40g whey powder mixed w milk & 4 egg whites
get to work(6:30): 1/2 oatmeal and cup of yoplait yogurt and an apple
(9:00): can of tuna or grilled chkn breast and a banana
(11:00): bag of Uncle Bens ready rice (which is awesome by the way, just heat up in the bag) and a bag of Tyson chicken breast and an apple
(3:00) whey shake and banana
(4:00) workout (little late right now)
(post) whey shake
(6:00) usually same as 9:00 or 11:00 meal
(9:00) whey shake, milk, 4 egg whites
bed
That's what my current diet looks like, but I'm wide open for suggestions as far as that goes.. but I'm sure there are a thousand posted on here somewhere so I'll read around for a new diet later.
Before I took a vacation from working out, I weighed between 155 and 160 and just tryin to get back to that, with the same amount of muscle. My question was just if anyone had tried a legal supplement that actually did for them what it claimed it would? I've caught myself now though, I guess I am looking for a shortcut, or "magic pill". Probably just gonna have to bulk and then run the fat off later huh?
MY NEGATIVE REP: I posted the same question in a different thread and someone gave me **** about it, and he happened to look like A.C. Slater so I told him that. Guess he didn't like it.
Any suggestions to my workout, diet, or anything is appreciated.
Thanks

bradw85

Awards
oh and my goal is to put on around 3 pounds of muscle per month thru December and keep the same or less BF. so about 164 165lbs by december, which I think is very possible. where can i get calipers by the way? so i can keep track of this the right way. went by gnc, academy, and a little ma and pa sports shop around the corner... none carry them. dont really wanna wait for them to come in the mail if i order online

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just do a slower bulk and you can bypass the yoyo of bulking then cutting. It requires paying much closer attention to your diet though.

bradw85

Awards
yeah, you're probably right.. no sense in setting an easy goal though. how about the calipers man? you know of anywhere that carries them? walmart?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well jay, he asked about supplements, not about steroids. big difference between the two :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not gonna happen man. No way in hell natural...
Not unless your an absolute Newb. I was able to do even better with that with some clients when they are newbs but after that gains really slow. One guy on protein powder and good diet alone gained close to 20 lbs in 3 months and he looked leaner than when he started. If we could only keep ourselves in that state all our problems would be solved.