Pill Capping Kit Needed

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
where in the hell do i find a pill capping kit, i really need one for my Arachidonic Acid and what size pill cases do i get from NP??????

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i want the bigger one the "000", im new to this stuff so how does it work, and how much can the "000" hold?? im getting a scale from NP

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know the "00" holds approx 1/4 tsp. (0.95 mL)
The "000" is:
Outer Diameter ( mm ) 9.9
Locked Length ( mm ) 26.1
Volume ( ml ) 1.37
Fill Weight Range ( mg ) 820-1640
which is just over 1/3 more.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
The 00 capper caps both 00 and 000. Problem solved.

I have both the 0 and the 00. Be very patient with yourself when you start, you will make a mess. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
iwas just about ot ask this same thing...is a pill capping kit really worth it? dont you still do it by hand? never used one just usually parachute if need be

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I say the kits are worth it. esp. if you're using multiple powders to make one product.

It would get real old, real quick, having to measure out 200mg of this and 300mg of that etc. etc. multiple times every day.

If it's something like YG or anything that you're just using one raw, sure, it may not be worth it. Otherwise, it's worth it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I say the kits are worth it. esp. if you're using multiple powders to make one product.

It would get real old, real quick, having to measure out 200mg of this and 300mg of that etc. etc. multiple times every day.

If it's something like YG or anything that you're just using one raw, sure, it may not be worth it. Otherwise, it's worth it.
what exactly do they do? Ive searched for videos but cant find any

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Stand all your pills up for you, mix all your bulks together and then pour them in to the tray...dangit, let me get my camera...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Stand all your pills up for you, mix all your bulks together and then pour them in to the tray...dangit, let me get my camera...
haha :D thanks. sorry just trying to see if its worth the investment.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well here's just an example:

At NP one bottle of SuperCissusRx has 90 capsules at 750mg each for a total of 67.5g for $30.

When I cap 67.5 capsules at 1g each it costs me $8.30. Suppose I use a kilo of material in a year that would be $123/year for material.

Annual cost analysis

Capping kit $13 (at NP one time purchase)
1000 "000" caps - $32
1000g material - $123
One years (1 kilo self capped material) cost - $168
One years supply (1 kilo of pre capped [15 bottles]) cost - $445

First years saving - $277

Second year cost (less $13 machine) - $155
Second year cost pre capped prodcut - $445

Second year saving - $290

Time spent capping - 1 hr x 3 times per years.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so first you load the pill caper with empty pills.

Then you throw your measured amounts of your bulk powders in a ziploc bag to try to mix them together as well as you can.

Then you slowly pour the mixture over the tray into the pills. The kit comes with a plastic 'business card' to help move the powder from the tray into the pills.

Then you use the tamper which presses the powder down in each pill. The tamper is the same size as the tray so you hit all 50 pills at once. I usually tamp and pour about 3-4 times to make sure everything is in there as tight as I can make it.

Then you move the blocks which lowers the tray, exposing the tops of the filled pills. Then you place the other end of the pills on top without worrying about them falling over or spilling.

In the pictures below I only used the front left spot in the capper. They should be in order. :thumbsup:

Attachments

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to make your example even better, 1000 '00' caps runs $10.25
My bad, that was for "000" caps.

Good price on those "00"'s BTW :D

NP's price for "00"'s is hard to beat, but the "000" is not so good and my staple caps ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
dang, 20 bucks more for only 1/3 more room?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hmm i will have to break down i suppose sounds convienient

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i think its totally worth it, especially for custom stacks and stuff, i will def. get a kit and some pills, but does the "damper" just pack the powder into the pill so you can put more on top of it?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean silentbob? what is 1/3 more room for 20$$

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The "000" caps hold only 1/3 more volume than the "00" caps do.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
oh okay i dont really need that much then ill stick with the "00"

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do you mix a months worth of stuff for example

im using about 3000mg of powders a day, do i multiply that by 30 then fill up the caps?

or do i multiply the amount of powder by the amount of caps the capping kit can hold?

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
it's been out of stock for more than a month.. I need to get a capping kit for my creatine.. and some ideas with other stuff I have. but nutra has the best deals..

alternatives? I don't want to spend too much

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 4
Supplements 41
Oliver Kween Supplements 6
Anabolics 5
CrazyChemist Supplements 10