what ecdy product do you like best??

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
what ecdy product do you like the best??

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I want to keep an eye on this, I haven't seen many products with ecdy in them.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
alright i looked around and found two that seem to have a good rep and are said to be derived from one of the good species of plants for ecdysterone, the two are ecdysten and e-bol by thermolife but e-bol hase more than just ecdy.......a little insight

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I prefer beta-ecdysterone (94% extract or higher) as powder or capsules (250mg to 300mg). That way I can be sure I get enough of the compound. NutraPlanet had the perfect product. Unfortunately out of stock! Ecdysterone Powder (94%) (30 grams) By: NutraPlanet

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
son of a b*tch that makes me mad i wanted to get some once i looked then i read out of stock........come on nutraplanet lol....seriously

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
cant find it in capsules though.?.?.? i really like the capsules much easier (im lazy)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategic, what do you think of Ajuga Turkestanica, in MD they say its even more powerful than ecdy.
I believe that was the case in rat studies that may not be directly applicable to humans. Furthermore, as far as I know, beta-ecdysterone is available in standardized extracts, in contrast to Ajuga Turkestanica. So, while Ajuga Turkestanica is still being validated and sorted out, I'll prefer beta-ecdysterone.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I believe that was the case in rat studies that may not be directly applicable to humans. Furthermore, as far as I know, beta-ecdysterone is available in standardized extracts, in contrast to Ajuga Turkestanica. So, while Ajuga Turkestanica is still being validated and sorted out, I'll prefer beta-ecdysterone.
thanks bro, you`re always helpful

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
so i want the pills or a pill capping kit but cant find either and i want to make this stak
*M-Stak*
*Arachidonic Acid by nutraplanet*
*94% ecdysterone powder or caplets by nutaplanet*
i would like the capping kit so if some one could help i would appreciate it

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not many good options at the moment IMO...i wanna try some but nothing looks worth it(since bulk is outta the equation) at the moment...i will just wait for awhile for some ebol v2

roid13

roid13

Awards
Animal M-stak all the way...BY FAR the best natural supp out there...one pack 45 mins before you work out and you will balloon up and be "full" all day long...great product

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
so i want the pills or a pill capping kit but cant find either and i want to make this stak
*M-Stak*
*Arachidonic Acid by nutraplanet*
*94% ecdysterone powder or caplets by nutaplanet*
i would like the capping kit so if some one could help i would appreciate it
im planning out a lean bulk just like that! bulk ecdy 94%+, bulk AA or Xfactor, and some neovar recomped or Anabolic Pump

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Its supposed to be their new reformulation that had turkesterone in it. FWIW, I actually liked ALRI Pro-Anabol.
i looked into that awhile back and saw only a 50% response rate i believe...but dont quote me i may be mistaken though

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
so what exactly is this ecdy stuff? i googled it... and im finding stuff like "ecdy-bolin" looks like a steroid... but not?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
so what exactly is this ecdy stuff? i googled it... and im finding stuff like "ecdy-bolin" looks like a steroid... but not?
its an insect hormone steroid.

What is it and where does it come from?

It's known by other names of course, the technical name is 20-Beta-Hydroxyecdysterone and other common names are: ecdisten, ecdysone, isoinokosterone, 20-hydroxyecdysone and ecdysterone. Interestingly, it was first discovered in insects acting as an invertebrate polyhydroxylated sterolic growth hormone. Actually, insects depend on it for their survival. Could there be some correlation between insects superior strength ratio and this compound? What would the effects be on vertebrates such as mammals? If we had the proportionate strength of an ant, for example, we could easily pick up a car.

Even if a fraction of this power could be available through ecdysterone supplementation, the idea of supplementing with "bug juice" just isn't too appealing. Luckily, it's not obtained through insects for supplementation! It happens to exist as a compound in the herbs Rhaponticum/Leuzeae and Cyanotis vaga, and is therefore a naturally occurring phytochemical. Phew! Until recently; however, it was not easily available. Although Ecdysterone has been known and tested in Russia since 1988, it never received much attention because there existed no cost-effective way to extract it. Russian researchers and scientists had a very pure version developed, but it was costly...$20,000 per kilogram. The only other choice was Suma extract, which contained so little ecdysterone that it would have been ineffective as a viable ecdysterone-supplementation option. Within in the past year (2000), companies specializing in the extraction of high potency compounds from herbs have developed a way to extract concentrated ecdysterone at a standardized up to 97%! The breakthrough technology, in-vitro cell cultivation, provided the needed purity and concentration of ecdysterone to make it a viable option for economical supplementation. This is great news for anyone wanting to increase lean muscle mass, decrease fat and improve performance. So, bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts and athletes listen up, the scientific data behind the "Steroidal Holy Grail" is simply incredible!

What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

Scientists have performed over 50 studies on ecdysterone to conclude one resounding agreement: Ecdysterone is safe and it improves nearly every bodily function...without side effects. What else does it do? Two words: Muscle Growth. Ah, what the heck, here's a few more...
Research-backed ecdysterone supplementation properties:
Ecdysterone Highlights:
A Drastic Increase in Lean Body Mass
Increased Endurance
Stimulates Metabolism
Improves Nerve Function and Enhances Erythropoiesis (the development of mature red blood cells (erythrocytes))
Maintains Healthy Blood Sugar
Reduces Adipose Tissue
Improves Nearly Every Bodily Function Including Brain and Liver
It's Safe and Effective for Men, Women, and Even Teenagers
Prevents the Loss of Muscle Mass while Promoting Growth of Muscle Fibers
Not to mention:
It does all this with absolutely no reported side effects, making it safe beyond reproach.
No Negative Side Effects
No Virilization
No Conversion Into Estrogenic Compounds
No Liver Toxicity
No High Blood Pressure
No Testicular Shrinkage
No effects on the hormonal system in mammals including humans
Incredibly Low Toxicity Levels (Over 4,000 times that which a person should consume)
Complete List:
Increases protein synthesis
Improves nearly every bodily function
Stimulates protein synthesis in nervous tissue and increases nerve function
Increases growth anabolicly in vertebrates including humans
Increases total protein and glycogen content in muscles
Increases myofibrilar proteins more efficiently than the anabolic steroids Methandrostenolone, the most potent steroid, Dianabol
Suppresses hypoglycemia while powerfully supporting healthy blood sugar levels
Perfect glycemic regulator leading to constant energy and feeling of well-being
Stimulates incorporation of glycogen into proteinaceous tissue such as liver and muscle
Pushes nutrients into muscle and organ tissue yielding better muscle growth and repair
Stimulates the phospholipids that are linked to enormous health benefits when stimulated
Cell membrane stabilizing properties
Analgestic properties and a potent antioxidative effect
Vastly increases athletic performance by increasing work capacity, body-weight, lung capacity, and VO2 max while also increasing exhalation of CO2.
Increases lean muscle tissue and reduces adipose content
Reduces fatigue and apathy, yet increases speed and strength
Promotes a positive nitrogen balance and maintains a greater rate of protein synthesis
How does it possibly exhibit all of these above positive effects with little or no negative side effects? The secret lies in the compound itself.
How Does Ecdysterone Work? The single most important factor in maximizing muscle growth is environment. Ecdysterone works to create the "perfect" muscle-building environment in the body, among other positive effects. The perfect conditions for creating the perfect muscle building environment include maintaining a positive nitrogen balance and increasing protein synthesis along with intelligent, consistent exercise and a balanced diet rich in protein. It's long been understood that if the body was able to maintain the perfect anabolic environment, maximum muscle growth would occur.

Maintaining positive nitrogen balance and increased protein synthesis without also incurring hormonal side-effects was the trick. This is why researchers became so enthralled with ecdysterone when Doctor Burdette in 1963 found that ecdysterone enhanced the rate of protein synthesis. This was the beginning of over 50 studies showing the remarkable effects of ecdysterone on the body while simultaneously showing now side effects. Now, with the increased economical availability of pure concentrated ecdysterone, the picture is finally becoming more complete.

Learn more about the benefits of Ecdysterone on Clayton South's Health Facts.

Studies

Ecdysterone has been tested for its effects on work capacity, immune function, lean body mass and fat loss, among other variables in a number of scientific studies. The vast majority of research indicates an increase in test subjects' lean mass. Results were further improved when ecdysterone was consumed with protein.
Increase Protein Synthesis and Invoke Positive Nitrogen Balance
Studies conducted in the Soviet Union in 1988 showed ecdysterone helps "increase hepatic protein synthesis and subsequently promote positive nitrogen balance!" How does this lead to more muscle mass? Simply: "the more nitrogen your body maintains and the greater rate of protein synthesis, the more mass, period." How, exactly, does ecdysterone do this? V. Smetanin, researcher of the Smolenk State Medical Institute in Russia speculates that ecdysterone decreases urea concentration in the body and increases hemoglobin levels by increasing a process called erythropoiesis. Erythropoiesis is the development of mature red blood cells. This leads to a stimulation of the anabolic process in protein metabolism, which in turn leads to a positive nitrogen balance in the body.

Increase Lean Muscle Mass While Reducing Body Fat
The most often quoted ecdysterone scientific study was published in Scientific Sports Bulletin by S. Simakin in 1988. The objective of Simakin's famous study was to determine the effect of ecdysterone on muscle tissue mass and fat mass, while testing for hormonal changes in the subjects. For the study, three control factors were used: a placebo, protein, and ecdysterone with protein. The results were significantly in favor of the third factor. Of the 78 highly trained male and female athletes who consumed just protein, they showed only a slight increase in muscle mass for the 10 day period of time. Those who used a placebo lost a slight amount of lean muscle, while those who used protein plus ecdysterone showed a 6-7% increase in lean muscle tissue with nearly a 10% reduction in fat! Let me say that again: A 10% reduction in fat and a 7% increase in lean muscle tissue in just 10 days! Safety testing was conducted during the same time period which showed no difference in hormonal balance. Wow, if ecdysterone plus protein can do this for highly trained athletes, just think what it can do for the average person!

It's interesting to note the amount of Ecdysterone these Soviet Studies used. According to Derek Cornelius, "Most of the experiments used 5 mg per kilogram of body mass per day as the dosage." To find out how much you would need to take to supply this same amount of ecdysterone, use this equation:

MG/KG X Your Weight = Dosage:
In Kilograms: 5 mg X 78 kg = 386
In Pounds: 5 mg X 170lbs / 2.2lbs = 386

So, the average person should consume 300-600 mg of ecdysterone per day to meet this dosage. This compound is so non-toxic that this is a perfectly safe amount to consume. Syntrax Syntrabol is currently the only product that supplies enough mg of ecdysterone (200 mg per capsule) to effectively supplement at the 600 mg level.

Increase Stamina, Endurance, and Energy
Ecdysterone was tested in another study performed in 1986 by B.Ya Smetanin. For this research, 117 highly trained speed skaters between the ages of 18 and 28 were tested for work capacity, body weight, lung capacity and VO2 max. The results speak for themselves: all of the said parameters increased as well as an increase in the O2 pulse max and an increase in the exhalation of CO2. Basically, they received more oxygen to their cells! This equates to decreasing recovery time, maximizing performance, permitting optimal muscle anabolism and maximum fat reduction. It also means the athletes using ecdysterone compared to those on a placebo experienced increased stamina, endurance and energy.

That's not all! A study conducted using 112 athletes performed by B.G. Fadeev in Russia showed some very impressive overall results. However, by this time, the results should come as no surprise. 89% of those who supplemented with ecdysterone versus a placebo reported less fatigue, greater performance, more motivation, greater speed, and improved strength. How long did it take before these athletes reported these effects? Months? Weeks? No, five days. To make matters even better, no adverse side effects were reported.

Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?

Bodybuilders, athletes and fitness enthusiasts will find the extra gains in lean muscle mass and reduction in body fat very beneficial. Based on all the research, Ecdysterone looks to be not only incredibly effective as a performance enhancer on all facets, but also very safe. Since it is not a required nutrient, there are no symptoms of deficiency. However, if you would like to experience more energy and strength gains in less time than you've probably ever experienced, grab some ecdysterone and protein because you are the perfect candidate! Check out the section below to learn more on side effects and recommended dosages.
How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

What about side effects? That's the best part! As you already know by now, research studies show no negative side effects, no hormonal interactions, and a very low toxicity level for ecdysterone. When tested by ICN Biochemicals on December 31, 1998, a complete safety test was performed to determine the toxicity. The data showed the amount of ecdysterone one would have to take in order to reach toxicity. The amount? 6400 mg/kg! In other words, an average 170lb person would have to take 494,528 mg of the compound to reach this point! This is 4,121 times as much as the recommended dose.
So, as you can see, it's very safe with an incredibly low toxicity. Furthermore, endocrine testing showed that ecdysterone caused no effect whatsoever on the mammalian hormonal system. Testing was measured on testosterone, cortisol, insulin, ACTH, growth hormone, and leutinizing hormone. The data not only shows ecdysterone to be extremely safe, but effective as well! The recommended dose of ecdysterone is 80-120 mg per day and upwards of 400-600 mg per day. We've even heard reports of people receiving amazing results working up to using as much as 1200 mg safely per day. Bodybuilding.com recommends Syntrax Syntrabol for higher doses of ecdysterone because each capsule contains ecdysterone standardized for 200 mg, the highest potency on the market. Remember, ecdysterone should be taken with protein-rich meals for best results!

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
As was stated E-bol is not a pure ecdy product but I really like the results. Works well to keep me full when cutting and retain muscle.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those that may be interested, about 300gr of Spinach delivers somewhat more than 30mg of beta-ecdysterone. For, if you like beta-ecdysterone, grab some spinach whenever you can. :)

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
For those that may be interested, about 300gr of Spinach delivers somewhat more than 30mg of beta-ecdysterone. For, if you like beta-ecdysterone, grab some spinach whenever you can. :)
popey knows it all...:lol:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

LOVERIUS

Awards

+10000

:thumbsup:

gonna buy a few pounds of spinach!!

NeoNewfie

Awards
I agree with Nunes: XTest does look very promising all of a sudden, now that the price has gone down substantially in the wake of Xyience's downfall. In fact, I posted similar thoughts earlier this week after buying five bottles of XTest for the purposes of megadosing its rhaponticum and turkestanica extracts. At the same time, I also purchased Life Extension brand cruciferous vegetables extract. By combining the vegetable extracts in the LE product with the plant extracts in Xyience's, I hope to get 500mg (5mg/kg bodyweight) of full-spectrum ecdysterones for at least six weeks without going broke and/or wading into the turbulent waters of ordering direct from Asian or Eastern European labs.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah i am interested to see how the stack works out!

NeoNewfie

Awards
I was thinking of running a log for my personal edification, and if I do I will post it. We need more logs on products containing anabolic ingredients that, like the cruciferous vegetables extract I purchased, are not marketed specifically to -- or priced for -- impressionable suburban teenage bodybuilders. How ironic it would be if a simple spinach formula, and not any high-grade standardized exotic plant extract from gods-know-where, were the answer to the Great Ecdysterone Dilemma. Still, I wouldn't expect much from it if I wasn't planning on stacking it with the almighty Turkestanica/Rhaponticum sources I'm getting from XTest. Now if only I could find out if Xyience used 2% or 20% extracts ...

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
My only experience with ecdy was ebol, which did help retain muscle (I actually increased strength) in a cal deficit IME. Though its hard to say the effects were from ecdy, as ebol is not a pure ecdy product.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yes i understand and i will solve my problem for once and for all, i will buy a pill capping kit from NP (deluxe "00" pill capping kit) and will measure out the amounts of NP's bulk ecdy, i just dont know how much i should ingest each day, any one help?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes i understand and i will solve my problem for once and for all, i will buy a pill capping kit from NP (deluxe "00" pill capping kit) and will measure out the amounts of NP's bulk ecdy, i just dont know how much i should ingest each day, any one help?
Between 500mg and 600mg (or 5mg/kg of body weight) beta-ecdysterone daily in two divided doses. Protein intake should be between 2g and 3g protein per kg of body weight daily.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah......no, i found out how to convert it, LBS/2.2=KG.......then just do the math from there...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wake me up when they make a products that works...

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
after 6 or so years the standard is now complete and has been used to validate certain products already, as well as being used as one ingredient in the new EbolV2 which is still in the works. finding quality sources and the best extracts is def. a challenge

Wake me up when they make a products that works...
Wake up! :hammer:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It seems like the market is shifting towards a resurgence to ecdy in the wake of ban 2.0. I don't know how many times I have said this now, but ecdy is NOT a mass builder. It is a wonderful supplement as an ergogenic aid, but do not expect to gain a substantial amount of LBM. I love ecdy way more than most (it is easily in my personal top-10 supplements), but I do not use it, nor expect, to gain LBM.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
after 6 or so years the standard is now complete and has been used to validate certain products already, as well as being used as one ingredient in the new EbolV2 which is still in the works. finding quality sources and the best extracts is def. a challenge

Wake up! :hammer:

Whaaat... oh yah ok...

I'll keep an eye on this.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
It seems like the market is shifting towards a resurgence to ecdy in the wake of ban 2.0. I don't know how many times I have said this now, but ecdy is NOT a mass builder. It is a wonderful supplement as an ergogenic aid, but do not expect to gain a substantial amount of LBM. I love ecdy way more than most (it is easily in my personal top-10 supplements), but I do not use it, nor expect, to gain LBM.
i think some of that is due to the marketing that was used in early ecdy. day. They made the ever so common mistake of comparing it to a steroid, usually one that has no resemblance, and early ecdy. products were inferior with bad extracts. positive marketing and science is slowly changing that, everything comes in due time i guess. i think ecdy. has a lot more potential than many products currently being researched but its tough breaking a bad perception.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think some of that is due to the marketing that was used in early ecdy. day. They made the ever so common mistake of comparing it to a steroid, usually one that has no resemblance, and early ecdy. products were inferior with bad extracts. positive marketing and science is slowly changing that, everything comes in due time i guess. i think ecdy. has a lot more potential than many products currently being researched but its tough breaking a bad perception.
I completely agree. It was horribly marketed back around '01 or so. The extracts are much better and cheaper now and I think it would make an awesome part of a stack, but not the base. I use ecdy probably around 6-7 months out of the year during my fight preps and can tell a difference in my VO2 within about 10 days at around a dose of 600mg/day split into 4 doses. It is a tricky supplement to dose, however, which I am sure skews many peoples' results.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think many believe in the potential of the product, even though it does sound a little far fetched... but yah there have been some failures, and some really bad hype.

AaronTech

Awards
The only product I've used with ecdy in it is Universal's M-Stak, and I loved it!

Thermolife's Ebol looked OK, but I'd probably go for the bulk powder in caps like strategic stated.

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i dont expect it to directly effect LBM, however i do believe it speeds up protein synthesis, in return helping me gain mass..

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Man I want that e-bol v2, today I received my T-bol and I would love to stack them , do you know when it will be released?

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
curiosity killed the nunes...jk but they probably wont tell you because they are still working on it....but i would like to know to..

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Man I want that e-bol v2, today I received my T-bol and I would love to stack them , do you know when it will be released?
still in the works but i must say everyone is hard at work. i know they have 60+ new studies, testing sources and different extracts at the lab, working on new standards and patents, and the many other things that go into it. i wish it was here to bro, should be a good stack with T-bol but it should be worth the wait. i know Ron wont compromise quality to release a product for anything, which i know is something we just recently got over....getting quality sources that are on par with our demands. as soon as i get any news updates ill let you guys who are interested know.