Plcar

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I've experienced amazing performance benefits from taking PLCAR supplement at about 2-4g a day. Two things I've noticed:

- Sports performance increases dramatically. I play beach volleyball in the summer and I move quicker, hit harder, and have more endurance when I take a couple of grams of PLCAR a couple of hours before I play. This is not a placebo effect.

- I can lift more and my muscles have more endurance in the gym. I get better gains off PLCAR than creatine mono, and don't have to deal with bloating. For awhile I was using both and experiencing even better effects, but its summer and I don't want any shirtless bloat, so I'm going with just PLCAR for now.

This is an amazing supplement. The only thing I've ever taken that has given me better performance benefits has been pro-hormones and steroids.

Anyone else had similar experiences with PLCAR?

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Same here, PLCAR rocks man! Underrated/underappreciated IMO.

May be unpopular as for the most part, it improves endurance (which translates to strength down the road however). PLCAR has a medicinal use in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, if that's anything to back up the claims. The endurance increase many have noted in DCP (RPN's fatloss) has been linked to their addition of PLCAR. Although I have yet to come across a study that proves this, I've read from a few sources that PLCAR upregulates the androgen receptors, which is always a plus for AAS users and non-hormonal individuals alike.

I've been going with 2g in the morning if I'm training running, ~30 mins after a light meal. I may toss in 2g in my pre-workout coctail as well! As a side note - following a session with PLCAR (or ALCAR), it helps to dose ALA to combat the increased free radicals that these compounds produce. Not mandatory, but I've found that a half dose of RPN's NoXidant has been a great finish. I've been using that however due to the other supplements I use in conjunction with my morning pre-run mix... the usual tried and true BA/CM/Posidon concoction!

Good call on spreading the word about PLCAR.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, its definitely under-appreciated. Maybe because its relatively expensive and only comes in powder form. DCP has it, but you'd have do dose a crazy amount of DCP to get 2-4 grams daily.

I used to dose k-r-ala after ALCAR but never did for PLCAR....haven't really had any issues so far. Would the increase in free radicals limit gains or have other side effects?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, its definitely under-appreciated. Maybe because its relatively expensive and only comes in powder form. DCP has it, but you'd have do dose a crazy amount of DCP to get 2-4 grams daily.

I used to dose k-r-ala after ALCAR but never did for PLCAR....haven't really had any issues so far. Would the increase in free radicals limit gains or have other side effects?
Yes, it would be wise to add some type of antioxidant blend to combat the excessive effects of free radical damage.

However, also keep in mind that free radical induced damage also has it's advantages as well (In regard to anabolism). The key it to let the beneficial aspects do their thing, and then provide the antioxidant protection before the good turns to bad.

We recommend our NOxidant to be taken at night before bed on training days. This allows for the benefical effects of free radicals to take place while limiting the negative aspect in the end.

In all honesty though, you shouldn't need more than 2 grams of PLCAR/day.

BBBilly

Awards
Glad to see this thread!

I have been considering PLCAR for quite awhile now. What prevents me from doing it is no availability of it in bulk anymore. The only place I managed to find a variation of it (Glycine PLCAR) in bulk is B-A-C.

Any suggestions (besides the caped offerings) would be greatly appreciated.

I hope once I find a good source, I will experience similar benefits as you guys.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here, PLCAR rocks man! Underrated/underappreciated IMO.

May be unpopular as for the most part, it improves endurance (which translates to strength down the road however). PLCAR has a medicinal use in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, if that's anything to back up the claims. The endurance increase many have noted in DCP (RPN's fatloss) has been linked to their addition of PLCAR. Although I have yet to come across a study that proves this, I've read from a few sources that PLCAR upregulates the androgen receptors, which is always a plus for AAS users and non-hormonal individuals alike.

I've been going with 2g in the morning if I'm training running, ~30 mins after a light meal. I may toss in 2g in my pre-workout coctail as well! As a side note - following a session with PLCAR (or ALCAR), it helps to dose ALA to combat the increased free radicals that these compounds produce. Not mandatory, but I've found that a half dose of RPN's NoXidant has been a great finish. I've been using that however due to the other supplements I use in conjunction with my morning pre-run mix... the usual tried and true BA/CM/Posidon concoction!

Good call on spreading the word about PLCAR.
DCP works along a few different pathways to create an increased endurance effect. TTA is a PPAR alpha receptor agonist that not only increases glucose regulation, but also in fatty acid metabolism. TTA also enhances mitochondrial oxidative capacity and reduces free fatty acid and triglyceride levels. DCP has been designed to very effectively utilize oxidized fatty acids as energy.

The addition of PLCAR further enhances the transport mechanism of this usable energy source into the mitochondria of skeletal and cardiac muscle. This translates into an increased cardiovascular endurance effect.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it would be wise to add some type of antioxidant blend to combat the excessive effects of free radical damage.

However, also keep in mind that free radical induced damage also has it's advantages as well (In regard to anabolism). The key it to let the beneficial aspects do their thing, and then provide the antioxidant protection before the good turns to bad.

We recommend our NOxidant to be taken at night before bed on training days. This allows for the benefical effects of free radicals to take place while limiting the negative aspect in the end.

In all honesty though, you shouldn't need more than 2 grams of PLCAR/day.
Thanks for the info Trauma.

I'm going to wiki free radicals. I don't know the first thing about them.

As for the not needing more than 2 grams a day...what is that based on? I know ALCAR is very subjective about doses and results, it seems like PLCAR would be as well. If someone was larger, wouldn't they need more?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the info Trauma.

I'm going to wiki free radicals. I don't know the first thing about them.

As for the not needing more than 2 grams a day...what is that based on? I know ALCAR is very subjective about doses and results, it seems like PLCAR would be as well. If someone was larger, wouldn't they need more?
No problem.

Rob, check out my write-up on our NOxidant:

NOxidant Write-Up

It has a whole breakdown of free radical and antioxidants in there that i'll think you'll find is a good read. There are also quite a few abstracts from studies in there as well.

I base my PLCAR statement on my own research and personally experiences. However, definitely experiment with the dosing to find what works best for you. I will say though that the majority of what i've read over the years 2 grams/day seems to be the upper limit for effectiveness in most.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see this thread!

I have been considering PLCAR for quite awhile now. What prevents me from doing it is no availability of it in bulk anymore. The only place I managed to find a variation of it (Glycine PLCAR) in bulk is B-A-C.

Any suggestions (besides the caped offerings) would be greatly appreciated.

I hope once I find a good source, I will experience similar benefits as you guys.
www.nutraplanet.com

You can buy 100 grams for like 25 bucks. Not the cheapest, but still alot cheaper than most pre-capped sups.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
No problem.

Rob, check out my write-up on our NOxidant:

NOxidant Write-Up

It has a whole breakdown of free radical and antioxidants in there that i'll think you'll find is a good read. There are also quite a few abstracts from studies in there as well.

I base my PLCAR statement on my own research and personally experiences. However, definitely experiment with the dosing to find what works best for you. I will say though that the majority of what i've read over the years 2 grams/day seems to be the upper limit for effectiveness in most.
Thanks for the info Trauma!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well hope the restock it...

BBBilly

Awards
NP could be only temporarily out of stock then...

Thanks

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Sucks. I was hoping for increased availability and a corresponding drop in price because it just seems so good. :(

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Sweet. Too bad the only time I'll use it will be with DCP, which I'm using around next March.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering if elite athletes experiment with substances like this. It seems like athletes from the NFL to Olympians could benefit from substances like PLCAR and many of the pre-workout substances like citrulline malate, beta alanine. Has anyone heard anything about these being used?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, no...what is the reasoning.

Actually, many overall. The price of the raws has become insane at this point. I think matt said that PLCAR is over 50% more than at this point last year. Not to mention being able to obtain the raws is becoming harder by the day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The price increase has jeopardized the release of our endurance/performance boosting supplement, which was to be PLCAR based.

I am working with some new suppliers, hoping to find one that will dedicate some factory time and have some foresight to see the massive potential of the compound.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The price increase has jeopardized the release of our endurance/performance boosting supplement, which was to be PLCAR based.

I am working with some new suppliers, hoping to find one that will dedicate some factory time and have some foresight to see the massive potential of the compound.
Keep us posted this interests me... not having much luck lately between formestane and PLCAR.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep us posted this interests me... not having much luck lately between formestane and PLCAR.
This has become a very strange environment. Nobody wants to do anything new at all, and they are trimming back all of their supplies to the extreme basics. Costs are skyrocketing and bureaucratic pressures from all sides are making a lot of people just get out of the industry.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a gloomy picture you paint...

Just when new breakthroughs are on the horizon too....hmmm that could be the reason.

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Very sad picture. I'm sure some of it is tied to the economic situations here and worldwide as well as the Olympics going on right now.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering if elite athletes experiment with substances like this. It seems like athletes from the NFL to Olympians could benefit from substances like PLCAR and many of the pre-workout substances like citrulline malate, beta alanine. Has anyone heard anything about these being used?
I wonder the same thing. I was thinking about sending Shaun Roger's fat ass some DCP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 1
Supplements 24
Avengeme Evomuse 6
dsade Evomuse 128
Supplements 46