Did Universal/Animal take over this board??

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I know they haven't taken over anything but it seems like a hostile takeover with every other thread being universal/animal. I have tried animal pak, animal pump, and shock therapy, and I am NOT a fan of them. It's ok to pimp a company or product but damn too much is sickening.

Hard Knox

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know they haven't taken over anything but it seems like a hostile takeover with every other thread being universal/animal. I have tried animal pak, animal pump, and shock therapy, and I am NOT a fan of them. It's ok to pimp a company or product but damn too much is sickening.

Hard Knox
It's just the initial start-up.

Adding your company's promotions, FAQ's, etc. They're great guys, and have already been contributing to some threads (the post-workout one) without pimping their products.

I've known them for years, and I really do feel they'll fit in nicely here. Give it a little time, and you'll see.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I'm with DG, I think their a great add to this site.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Give it a week. They are the new kid.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established

Hard Knox
what did you expect, they are ANIMALS:lol:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
at least they are not knocking everyone else like that supreme character.:lol:

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The best is their products got ripped on until they became a sponsor... This is one of the main reasons I also hit up BB.com, they are a bit less expereinced but eccept for a muscletech biased they are much more honest and less fiscally motivated as a community.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't say I am a fan of their products or anything but I think they have been very respectfull and courteous.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Supplements aside they are contributing to the board quite a bit...snagency's PWO thread is a perfect example. They have contributed a lot and given me some good pointers over there.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best is their products got ripped on until they became a sponsor... This is one of the main reasons I also hit up BB.com, they are a bit less expereinced but eccept for a muscletech biased they are much more honest and less fiscally motivated as a community.
So let me get this straight...

You have a site that does mid-high 8 figures in sales per year...has probably 10x the amount of companies and reps, has rules that state reps can't negatively comment about other companies, has $50k giveaway contests, and they are less fiscally motivated than here?

Got it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go delete those anabolic pump stomach issue threads and the get diesel non responder thread that I saw pop up today.

:)

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established

You have a site that does mid-high 8 figures in sales per year...has probably 10x the amount of companies and reps, has rules that state reps can't negatively comment about other companies, has $50k giveaway contests, and they are less fiscally motivated than here?

Got it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go delete those anabolic pump stomach issue threads and the get diesel non responder thread that I saw pop up today.

HAHAHA...ouch.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've been served...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've been served...

It wasn't meant to sound that way. Unlike most, I don't think the word profit is a bad word. BB.com does what they do extremely well. Liberty Media doesn't buy failing companies.

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
hahaha, owned

Whenever any new company comes on board with the forum it has to be looked at as a positive thing. Not everyone is a fan of universal products but there are alot of people who are, and alot of people that might be interested in trying thier products if they havent already. Its a benefit to us as consumers to have as much info on every brand possible.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can I buy a hat..?

Seriously, this is why I like this board. Admin's are straight forward, and don't delete unbiased reviews.

Animal has the right to advertise. That is why they are now a sponsor. As I see it, they have been very respectful. Until they invade logs that are ongoing with advertisements, then they're good with me.

Rock on, J. Peterman!

Got it.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
I apologize on behalf of Universal if it seems we came on strong. We are learning the lay of the land here and trying to get caught up. Even though we are a large company, it seems we are not well known here.

I am sure we will blend in better as we go along.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apologize on behalf of Universal if it seems we came on strong. We are learning the lay of the land here and trying to get caught up. Even though we are a large company, it seems we are not well known here.

Like I said previously I don't think you came on that strong at all.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Got it.

Um if you read my words... I said the community not the site itself, the people. The people here kiss @ss on any new product without much reason or results and while some people over there do it as well most will give positive feedback on non-sponsors and negative on sponsors if need be. Here is a flavor of the month type thing with whatever is newest getting unanimous positive feedback without any reason (recreate ect...)

I like the board for entertainment purposes and the weight loss forum and the NP deals but don't act like anyone here is honest on their reviews besides maybe reaperX and I can't stand him but give him some light props.

Sorry for all this but personally I think 99% of supplements are BS even the ones sold by sponsors here and everyone act like some proprietary blend is going to change bodybuilding forever because it is the flavor of the month and now we can add universal to that (which is a company I actually kinda like)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Um if you read my words... I said the community not the site itself, the people. The people here kiss @ss on any new product without much reason or results and while some people over there do it as well most will give positive feedback on non-sponsors and negative on sponsors if need be. Here is a flavor of the month type thing with whatever is newest getting unanimous positive feedback without any reason (recreate ect...)

I like the board for entertainment purposes and the weight loss forum and the NP deals but don't act like anyone here is honest on their reviews besides maybe reaperX and I can't stand him but give him some light props.
Are you saying everyone else is biased? Compared to BB.com??

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you saying everyone else is biased? Compared to BB.com??
Um find one negative review on here of a sponsored product... everyone is flipping out like every product put out is changing their lives... I believe a select few ingredients are worth the money but everything else is a waste...

I'll back off... I guess we all get in our moods and right now I am down on all supplements and posting on a board where everyone is positive on them so ofcourse I'm rocking the boat...

Eventhough I shouldn't I think I need a drink ha

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Sorry for all this but personally I think 99% of supplements are BS even the ones sold by sponsors here and everyone act like some proprietary blend is going to change bodybuilding forever because it is the flavor of the month and now we can add universal to that (which is a company I actually kinda like)
I gotta kind of agree, on some points... This is the 3rd or 4th company i have seen get **** on, then become a sponsor, start giving things out, and everyone all of a sudden loves them. Legal Gear is a perfect example of another.

Not to mention it seems like the same 5-10 people log every sponsored log around here.. I sometimes wonder if these people even have to buy anything on their own dime.lol

Not complaining, just stating my take on it. IMO this is the best BB related board, and the only one i spend any significant time on.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Um if you read my words... I said the community not the site itself, the people. The people here kiss @ss on any new product without much reason or results and while some people over there do it as well most will give positive feedback on non-sponsors and negative on sponsors if need be.
your view on the "community" you mention is through some very rose colored spectacles bro

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm.......Universl has been around for 25 years......sounds like a terrible company to me............LOL......RIGHT.

AaronTech

Awards
Universal has done nothing but good for me. Their products are great (very good prices) and their Animal line is sick. They're a very solid company and I think as time goes by, they will be widely respected across am.com.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your view on the "community" you mention is through some very rose colored spectacles bro
It's like mccain vs obama to me... neither is great but someone gets the vote.

And with that I open a new can of worms ha.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Um find one negative review on here of a sponsored product... everyone is flipping out like every product put out is changing their lives... I believe a select few ingredients are worth the money but everything else is a waste...
I can tell you are a BB.com-er. No offense, just alot of negativity over there.

The only Animal thread I have seen today is this one..

Funny how in the supplement forum people are discussing supplements. Weird.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They don't have non sponsors. In fact, they don't have sponsors. They have over 10x the amount of companies give out 10x the amounts of freebies. Its all relative and you can the same thing about numerous companies and products over there since 2000.

How the hell do you know? Basically saying everyone is lying or biased is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Its just as bad as someone saying they are all telling the truth.

Go outside. Count to 10.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/100920-i-get-deisel.html

Posted today.

I'll back off... I guess we all get in our moods and right now I am down on all supplements and posting on a board where everyone is positive on them so ofcourse I'm rocking the boat...

Eventhough I shouldn't I think I need a drink ha
"Everyone"

Right.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Simply AMAZING!

I have been a member here for about 5 years and this is probably one of if not the best post I have EVER seen.

My hat is off to you Natural Guy!

nuff said

CROWLER

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Simply AMAZING!

I have been a member here for about 5 years and this is probably one of if not the best post I have EVER seen.

My hat is off to you Natural Guy!

nuff said

CROWLER
You'll see in time Crowl, Eric is one of the most stand-up guys I've met (in person as well) in the entire industry. He really represents Universal well, and represents the integrity and ethics any company rep should uphold.

These are really some great guys, and I'm sure you'll all find out in due time :cool:

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Well I've been away all day and I must say that I am a bit surprised at how this thread has taken off! Wasn't trying to start too much shyt, just making a personal observation. As stated before they have been around for over 25 years, but they have failed to evolve with the industry IMO. They can change this if they want, and maybe joining this community is a first step in that direction. Thanks for all the honest opinions:thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Well I've been away all day and I must say that I am a bit surprised at how this thread has taken off! Wasn't trying to start too much shyt, just making a personal observation. As stated before they have been around for over 25 years, but they have failed to evolve with the industry IMO. They can change this if they want, and maybe joining this community is a first step in that direction. Thanks for all the honest opinions:thumbsup:
reps

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well DTCH is about the largest load of BS put out in the last few years by a legitimate company - Even ReaperX the pimp of Get Diesel gave it a positive review while only gaining like 2 pounds, it was hilarious he went on about how he noticed no change then said it was a good product...

Eh whatever, I'm not here to start fights but Universal going from the black sheap to a golden cow simply by changing their status on the board has gotten me going. Again i think they are a decent company and that never changed because of them becoming a sponsor.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where are the "I hated Universal until they gave me a t-shirt" threads? With any product or company you'll find both negative and positive reviews and i'm sure they're no different.

This is a community as you have stated and when dealing with a community; your demeanor is key to a future relationship. Giving away t-shirts will go only so far in selling products and giving away supposed "bunk" products won't even get you as far as a free T. With every rule you have exceptions but taking an exception and making it a rule doesn't work.

I have been here for a long damn time and this is a very good community to belong to and this includes our sponsors. I don't know Universal from Joe at this moment but the way they have conducted themselves so far has shown me that they probably belong with the other sponsors who spend long hours and many days coming to people's threads to help out without 'pimping' any of their products.

My .02 cents.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I don't see how anyone can hate on a company that comes in and starts handing supplements out to anyone who wants them right off the bat. My hat's off to you, gentlemen. I have not tried your products, but I am ready to give them a shot and see for myself what Universal/Animal is all about. :thumbsup:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Well DTCH is about the largest load of BS put out in the last few years by a legitimate company - Even ReaperX the pimp of Get Diesel gave it a positive review while only gaining like 2 pounds, it was hilarious he went on about how he noticed no change then said it was a good product...

Eh whatever, I'm not here to start fights but Universal going from the black sheap to a golden cow simply by changing their status on the board has gotten me going. Again i think they are a decent company and that never changed because of them becoming a sponsor.
you're a wealth of contradictions :think:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ok. I hope some day you can relax (not being sarcastic) :)

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
i'll feel better when i get one of those bada$$ yellow "animal" shirts

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
Ok. I hope some day you can relax :)
maybe it's the 1% of supps that aren't B.S that have him jacked up?

over dosing on the RPM's perhaps?

need some Reset A.D by palo to get the levels back to normal i think:think:

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
need some Reset A.D by palo to get the levels back to normal i think:think:
Off topic, but pregnenalone is some amazing sh*t. Reset-AD + EndoAmp has been a godsend.

Regardless of the tone, this thread is productive in my opinion. I think maybe you've spent too much time in the Company Promotions thread which has lately drawn low count posters giving glowing 10/10 reviews like flies on fresh poop. The AM forums are full of extremely useful feedback, horror stories and success stories alike, the most unbiased I've found on the net. I've learned what to stay away from as much as what I should try to solve specific workout/recovery related problems as I encounter them.

As far as Universal/Animal, I have actually been pleasantly surprised with their reps. The promotions were expected in my opinion, however certainly more numerous than I expected (not a bad thing, generous companies are always welcome in my book!), and they stay right where they belong, in the Company Promotions forum.

AaronTech

Awards
As stated before they have been around for over 25 years, but they have failed to evolve with the industry IMO.
In what ways? I have personally seen Universal add some great supplements to their company in the 1.5-2 years I've known them.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
In what ways? I have personally seen Universal add some great supplements to their company in the 1.5-2 years I've known them.
he probably means in the promotional sense, as in - looking to promote and achieve a high profile like so many companies are doing these days.

universal have been around a long time so that must say something for them as far as surviving in the cut throat world of supplements and i say welcome to A.M.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to consider is the mindset of the more sophisticated supplementers here on the boards. Personally, I admit I tend to post mostly positive reviews or to help correct the path of someone's poor experience with a supplement due to misuse. BUT the reason for that is I also realize that many factors might have gone into the poor performance of the supplement including my own misuse, simple genetics and non-response, and even that the product might be crap. Because I realize they don't always work for everyone, unless I simply have a terrible time with something or have side effects I want to warn people about, I stick to posting what WORKS for me. In that way, I feel I'm adding another notch to a product I believe in and maybe steering someone away from products that didn't simply through omission.

Maybe that's too 'glass half full' of a viewpoint, but that's how I see it.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually B-unit mentioned 2 supps I do like, RPM and reset AD ha...

Besides that I'm just saying its annoying to see people flip on a company instantly when they come on board or to annoint a new product simply because it is heavily promoted.

Very few people have the guts to stand up to anyone on most boards. Point being, Patrick Arnold is a legend and a superior person in the industry but he will rip apart any supplement that doesn't have science behind it. Eventhough 99.9% of people here can't hold his jock strap he has still been run off of many posts (and for such a stuborn guy thats hard to achieve.)

Maybe I just need to set up a rant in the general discussion about message board mentality and make it more organized...

Either way I am glad a major company is being treated well on a board that previously ignored them

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go by what I know works for me/. Pub-med is a great place for studies