Did Universal/Animal take over this board??

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    My reason is because I have a limit of supplements that i like to take at one time. I also have found supplements that work for me...this being said i tend to stick to those supplements. I have never had contact with any of the reps or company on a level other than what i mentioned above till the last day or so.
    Oh yeah, i know even though I never read your comment above this previous one...I can say that i know because I've read most of your comments and your not a bs'er to say the least.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---


  2. I agree with Just Reading and Hard Knox to a point. I think in an effort to distinguish itself from BB this place sometimes overcompensates by not questioning companies which sponsor or have reps on this board. Especially since a lot of the members are familiar with the reps and don't seem to want to hurt their feelings or something. BUT, if you need to talk to a rep specifically, this is the place to reach them, if the product you want to know more about has a rep or sponsors the board. You aren't in danger of having 20 teens calling you a dumbass to get rep points or telling you to search.

    BB threads are half full of ****e which means you have to sift through the B.S. to get to the real information. However, there are often some very good debates mixed up in the "popcorn" and "oh hai guez" posts and there is a lot to learn from there if you have the patience.

    Oh, and not forgetting Nutra. They offer the same stuff as BB for less $$, and some nice bulk and more original products.

    That's why I like the fact both exist. I can read both boards and make my own mind up.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Also, if the community is about learning and growing then why not see more people that are newer (maybe not BRAND NEW) to the site get a chance to do logs?

    I mean, com'on, why do you want to look at the same guy's log for every product. If I know guy A has been a great responder to EVERY SINGLE supp he's logged, then it'll do me/them NO good to read his/her log. That's like saying MJ is a great basketball player...there's no debate in that and no way to measure how well someone else will be compared to MJ.

    Its the same with supps...how can some new member, just learning, compare his trials to someone who responds great to every product? i'd like to see some people who NEVER respond well to MOST products take, say, PRIME, and then just blow up in terms of responsiveness rather than see someone who responds perfect logging it ....

    As far as longevity is concerned for reason to pick certain loggers, I only have to say boxmeman, nuff said.


    Because not everyone responds well to every product, also if its a good company that puts out a good product, and you have some joe shmo logging the product who doesnt know there a$$ from a hole in the ground, or doesn't know there body or how they may respond how will they log the product well? They may say this creatine sucks or this test booster sucks, yet they have no idea they are supposed to be testing how long it takes to reach failure, or maybe the oily skin on there forehead or back means there test is boosted.

    Also like i stated before, if him/her doesnt have a rep, and i have no idea who they are, im not pissing free product to the wind. Just like with everything else in this world, you have to wait your turn, prove yourself, and then you get what you deserve. You cant walk into a forum, tell everyone you know everything and expect to have companies hand you free product, it just doesnt work that way. You prove your knowledge, you prove your dedication, and you wait for your turn.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  4. Quote Originally Posted by slowprogress View Post
    I agree with Just Reading and Hard Knox to a point. I think in an effort to distinguish itself from BB this place sometimes overcompensates by not questioning companies which sponsor or have reps on this board. Especially since a lot of the members are familiar with the reps and don't seem to want to hurt their feelings or something. BUT, if you need to talk to a rep specifically, this is the place to reach them, if the product you want to know more about has a rep or sponsors the board. You aren't in danger of having 20 teens calling you a dumbass to get rep points or telling you to search.

    BB threads are half full of ****e which means you have to sift through the B.S. to get to the real information. However, there are often some very good debates mixed up in the "popcorn" and "oh hai guez" posts and there is a lot to learn from there if you have the patience.

    Oh, and not forgetting Nutra. They offer the same stuff as BB for less $$, and some nice bulk and more original products.

    That's why I like the fact both exist. I can read both boards and make my own mind up.

    I go over to bb.com and wonder how ANYONE gets ANYTHING from half the threads over there. Everything is (serious) or (no homo) or whatever it may be. I cant distinguish crap from bull**** over there most of the time. Im not saying its a bad place, but i cant even get thru half of the threads.

    Also as me being a rep, ive recommended plenty of other products that i have used and have liked that have not come from my company. Ive even recommended products over my own companies because i had not yet tried the product in question.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  5. ^^I c your point on that. That is why I also included that I would like to see more people who consider themselves non-responders get an opportunity to log certain products ... because, once again, I would love to purchase a product that works great for a, usually, non-responder vs a 100% responder to everything they touch.

    It simply comes down to what tweaks each person's interest more, I would suppose.

    EDIT: I was referring to your previous post, not the one above this one.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
    •   
       


  6. Personally, I was completely oblivious of an anti-Universal attitude on these boards. Pak, Test, Torrent, Storm, and Shock Therapy have all had their share of positive reviews/logs even before Universal showed up.

    Good points, Hardknock. The comparison of a positive responder between similar supplements is where they can really add some value to the logs. That way we have some additional information to choose between the many similar choices, with their unique differences etc.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by slowprogress View Post
    I agree with Just Reading and Hard Knox to a point. I think in an effort to distinguish itself from BB this place sometimes overcompensates by not questioning companies which sponsor or have reps on this board. Especially since a lot of the members are familiar with the reps and don't seem to want to hurt their feelings or something. BUT, if you need to talk to a rep specifically, this is the place to reach them, if the product you want to know more about has a rep or sponsors the board. You aren't in danger of having 20 teens calling you a dumbass to get rep points or telling you to search.
    THis is the reason I love AM. You don't have to worry about all the off topic and trashers. As A rep I enjoy getting questions of all sorts, I may not know the answers Perfectly, but you can damn bet i will put all effort into answering them to their fullest and back up with Pub-Med if applicable.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  8. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    ^^I c your point on that. That is why I also included that I would like to see more people who consider themselves non-responders get an opportunity to log certain products ... because, once again, I would love to purchase a product that works great for a, usually, non-responder vs a 100% responder to everything they touch.

    It simply comes down to what tweaks each person's interest more, I would suppose.

    EDIT: I was referring to your previous post, not the one above this one.
    Lanbane actually did just what you are talking about with our Neovar Recomped. He asked for non-responders. I believe some of the logs are up in Company Promo and i would be glad to link you in desired.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  9. ^^^^Yeah, Im going to check them out if they are still there(i've checked the one's out here) ... or, are you saying the actual company website?

    Either way, you can link me but i've been in the updated ifg2 thread (at least one of them) and have had nothing but GREAT things to say about igf2...i have lived on it for the past year and i was a complete non responder to otc formulas which mirrored igf2. So, I can almost bet that neovar is a great product, but Im about to start using it to find out for a fact.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  10. Also, that's what I was talking about...AN is a great company. They throw the challenge out there similar to the "we want non responders".

    They prove that their products do work (as do other companies), but, to me, they go the extra mile (as do SOME other companies), yet, I feel that over the past few months, they have not gotten nearly the respect that they deserve ...
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  11. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    ^^^^Yeah, Im going to check them out if they are still there(i've checked the one's out here) ... or, are you saying the actual company website?

    Either way, you can link me but i've been in the updated ifg2 thread (at least one of them) and have had nothing but GREAT things to say about igf2...i have lived on it for the past year and i was a complete non responder to otc formulas which mirrored igf2. So, I can almost bet that neovar is a great product, but Im about to start using it to find out for a fact.
    Do you currently have the neovar purchased yet? The Non Responder thread is located in company promotions. I would gladly link you to the tester threads for non responders...give me a moment to find them. Awesome to hear about the igf2. Im about to run it with a couple products from SNS to hopefully finish up my clean bulk. Let me find those threads for you. Be watching you PM's
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  12. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Also, that's what I was talking about...AN is a great company. They throw the challenge out there similar to the "we want non responders".

    They prove that their products do work (as do other companies), but, to me, they go the extra mile (as do SOME other companies), yet, I feel that over the past few months, they have not gotten nearly the respect that they deserve ...
    Those compliments are much appreciated BTW, truly. We try to do our best Always good to see a happy face come from any situation.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  13. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    Do you currently have the neovar purchased yet? The Non Responder thread is located in company promotions. I would gladly link you to the tester threads for non responders...give me a moment to find them. Awesome to hear about the igf2. Im about to run it with a couple products from SNS to hopefully finish up my clean bulk. Let me find those threads for you. Be watching you PM's
    Ok...i'll check the pm's out after I wake up...

    Yeah, I have some neovar in my basket on NP, but I have yet to purchase the basket because I was waiting on musclepharms assualt/and or prime, but seems as if that's going to be a while....and NOW i just refreshed the NP site and I see that neovar is 2 for 1??????? But, I thought last night that it said the offer was over or they were out of stock???
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  14. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Ok...i'll check the pm's out after I wake up...

    Yeah, I have some neovar in my basket on NP, but I have yet to purchase the basket because I was waiting on musclepharms assualt/and or prime, but seems as if that's going to be a while....and NOW i just refreshed the NP site and I see that neovar is 2 for 1??????? But, I thought last night that it said the offer was over or they were out of stock???
    Yes Neovar is 2 for 1 currently however this is the original Neovar not Neovar recomped.
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

  15. Point being, Patrick Arnold is a legend and a superior person in the industry but he will rip apart any supplement that doesn't have science behind it. Eventhough 99.9% of people here can't hold his jock strap he has still been run off of many posts (and for such a stuborn guy thats hard to achieve.)
    Cause a **** is a ****. Doesn't matter how much information or misinformation you have, who wants to listen to a guy who talks to you as if you're an idiot that should be bowing in his presence. It's ironic you use a guy to support your hatred for people following supp companies blindly when that's how he is himself. If you agree with him you're fine. If you question him then he spends two paragraphs insulting while his fan base comes in and trashes you as well. Not exactly the jock strap I would want to hold even if I could. I've never personally had to suffer this but i've seen enough people who have. I do believe he's a smart guy with good information at times but there are other guys out thre that can provide me information without the attitude.

  16. "There is no such thing as bad publicity"
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

  17. location location location

  18. Not to mention it seems like the same 5-10 people log every sponsored log around here.. I sometimes wonder if these people even have to buy anything on their own dime.lol
    I have noticed this also

  19. Just my $0.02, but I think Universal has brought some good discussions and knowledgeable people to the board, and I don't feel they are overbearing in any way.

  20. Oh I just love it when people come on here and say that those supps your taking are bull****e. He even mentioned recreate and look at the success people are having with it, clearly documented success. Go look at Kabuki's log leaves no doubt. The stuff has changed he rules of fat loss.

    Anyhew, I can sum up the difference between the boards in one word "Integrity". Sure there are some over hyped ads and bias logs and people are less likely to bad mouth products, that has more to do with the class of poster than it does about people being sheepish. I won't knock products that I haven't tried and quite frankly almost all the products I have purchased have had merit. Is that because I am brainwashed after 20 years of hard core experience, no it's because the information on this board has steered me in the right direction.

    I never knocked Universal in the past and won't in the future. I had very little knowledge of them and one thing I have learned about them is that there reps have class and deserve to be here.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  21. I don't mind being thrown under the bus. hm.

  22. Back in the day this issue might be something that I actually cared about. It is not very hard to notice 'trends' that propagate themselves throughout logs and sponsors. Like justreading, I do not find very many products out there to be useful to me.


    Now I've become apathetic to the whole issue, it's not worth my time to be a hero anymore..........

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Back in the day this issue might be something that I actually cared about. It is not very hard to notice 'trends' that propagate themselves throughout logs and sponsors. Like justreading, I do not find very many products out there to be useful to me.


    Now I've become apathetic to the whole issue, it's not worth my time to be a hero anymore..........
    I sort of hear what your saying, I myself have not really tried a large cross section of products as I am selective on what I choose to use. My point is that the information is here if you know how get it and who to listen to. Bottom line is I am having more success (with less overall effort) body composition wise than I have in my experience than I ever have and I am no spring chicken. Some of the products are very good.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Back in the day this issue might be something that I actually cared about. It is not very hard to notice 'trends' that propagate themselves throughout logs and sponsors. Like justreading, I do not find very many products out there to be useful to me.


    Now I've become apathetic to the whole issue, it's not worth my time to be a hero anymore..........
    haha you will always be my hero!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  25. I still try out various products from time to time. The only difference is now I just keep the results to myself.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Also when a company comes aboard and the "community" becomes educated about the products, how they work, why they work etc then things start to turn. Everyone hated LG and though MMV2 was a waste until they got a taste, am i wrong?

    The science was always there for people.. What changed, with LG coming on this board? I got nothing against LG, i never said one bad thing about them, but used them as an example because it fit exactly what i was talking about... I watched people lump them with muscle tech, and then apply to become reps the min they popped on here..lol


    Also too, you will notice that most of the time those 5-10 people get picked because they run great logs, where some people who apply, have post counts under 50, and have no rep, idk about you but im not giving product away to someone i dont know and have no idea if they are going to run a solid log or not. Supplement companies may make a lot of money, and we may be able to give out a lot of free products, but that doesnt mean we wanna wipe our a$$ with the products and throw them out the window no matter who the company may be.
    SOme of them do, do great logs.. And some of them do "popular logs" where they get thousands of hits, and pages upon pages of side banter. Which is cool if it is for a product you bought, but pretty ridiculous for something gifted to you.

    Or they are testing so much ****,they got it overlapping with other logs, or adding new free product into their existing log of free product.

    I just feel that seeing the same 5-10 people test everything, i loose credibility for anything they say. It basically tell me that 1% of this board responds to every supp. they ever got for free.

    I don't suggest you just send product to just "anyone", but i think there has to be a wider user base then 5-10 people..


    This is a strong community with very open minded people. I never saw a strong bashing against any Animal or Universal product to be honest. Im glad they are aboard and i like how they do bussiness, they remind me of my fellow iron mates at the gym, where they want everyone to do good, and they want everyone to get big and strong and look good as well. I like there attitude and im not just suckin up because they rep here, i rep for LG so i have no reason to suck up to them, i just feel there presenting themselves well!
    ......
  27. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    I apologize on behalf of Universal if it seems we came on strong. We are learning the lay of the land here and trying to get caught up. Even though we are a large company, it seems we are not well known here.

    I am sure we will blend in better as we go along.
    You Sir have no reason to apologize. You have come here to conduct business and that you have. You have been generous, respectful and polite. It is good to have you here.
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.
  28. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by justreading View Post
    Very few people have the guts to stand up to anyone on most boards. Point being, Patrick Arnold is a legend and a superior person in the industry but he will rip apart any supplement that doesn't have science behind it. Eventhough 99.9% of people here can't hold his jock strap he has still been run off of many posts (and for such a stuborn guy thats hard to achieve.)
    You are mistaken. Well maybe not mistaken, but some of us don't felatte the gurus of the likes of PA and (well I won't mention others). Anyone who even listens to what he has to say spends the other half of their time e-fallating him and his ego. Yes, he is a legend in the industry. He is also a legend in self promotion. Whenever he is slamming someone else he is self promoting and most times than not acting on an agenda. He attracts a crowd with his antics and his antics are self promoting. Nothing attracts a crowd better than a crowd. As was stated there is no such thing as bad publicity.

    Being a scientist does not preclude conducting yourself in a mature, polite and respectful manner. He has been spoken to (by myself at least) that he is very appreciated for his contributions and his tremendous wealth of knowledge, but that his personal attacks and unprofessional behavior are unacceptable. I'll tell him and others like him 7 days a week. I don't need his or anyone else science (or their jock strap for that matter) if it is accompanied with arrogance, disrespect and narcissism.

    I'd rather not go on about the gurus of that caliber because I have little respect for them and will likely take this OT. I'll just end it here.

    As far as Universal/Animal goes, it is refreshing to see a sponsor that has a group of loyal enthusiasts and supporter base. Their products are interesting and had I not had a predisposition for discounted bulk supplies and my own proprietary blends of BCAA's and volumizers I'd be inclined to consider some of their products.

    No one is taking over AnabolicMinds but Anonymous posters
    All my life I've never stopped to worry 'bout a thing,
    Open up and shout it out, an' never try to sing,
    Wondering if I've done it wrong,
    Will this depression last for long, wont you tell me,
    Where have all the good times gone.

  29. Wow......just wow. This thread is amazeing......
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Welcome Animal/Universal to AM!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
  2. 3-AD=animal/universal
    By MHA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 11:40 AM
  3. 1-TU or universal ANIMAL TEST ?
    By thahotboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
  4. universal animal test
    By kevinjd_2008 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Log in
Log in