n-acetyl-l-carnosine

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone heard of this? I saw an article about it's supplemental use in a magazine and it looked promising, but I can't find A THING about it on the web (With the exception of it's use in topical eye medicines). Info would be appeciated!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
i've heard of l-carnosine

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I am violating any forum rules here; but (Mods) please delete this if I am: BAC = Beyond A Century
Thanks Beau! I'm just trying to find out as much info as I can regarding this. Thanks again!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks Beau! I'm just trying to find out as much info as I can regarding this. Thanks again!
What little I can offer to the people on this forum (almost all of whom impress the heck out of me), I'll offer freely. I hope it helps.

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I am violating any forum rules here; but (Mods) please delete this if I am: BAC = Beyond A Century
This compound still eludes me. BAC has the following:

Acetyl L-Carnitine, and Cysteine, N-Acetyl but no n-acetyl-l-carnosine. The search continues..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take a look at the link below. I've never heard of this company before but they appear to be using this "modified" amino acid. Does anyone know of any studies to back this up?

http://www.power-zone.com/shockwave.htm
I did not know of the company either. In any case, using the ethyl form of carnosine should, in principle, improve the bioavailability of carnosine. As far as I recall, carnosine is broken down in the body to beta-alanine and l-histidine and then re-assembled in skeletal muscle cells and other cells to carnosine! The makers of Shock Wave, though, claim n-acetyl-carnosine is not broken down! Strange!