Stubborn Fat/ Supplemnt

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Taking Lipo Redux/Napalm/Anabolic Pump is there anything else i cold enhance here or tweak out to get my weight loos in right direction.. i am right now cnsuming 2000 to 3000 calories on a daily regiment. high protein trying to keep in say 40 percent fat/40 percent protein and 20 percent carbs through week day and switch it up on weekend. i am trying to cut right now, been going for 3 days full strength.. prepped a week ago to get body maintain.. jsut seeing i there other supplemnts to tweak or add on this level.. i know there no magick pill!! or is this enough

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
whats your body weight?
whats your height?
whats your excercise routine?
Sleep patterns?

looks to me like you are taking plenty of supplements right now to see results. just let them do their thing and focus on your diet cardio/weight training. All will come well if you get those down. 2 out of the 3 are praised supplements, so i think you should note some decent results with them. Takes time though you cannot rush anything dealing with the body or its prone to rebound. If you are loosing 1-1.5 LBS weekly that is considered good in the weight loss world.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
whats your body weight? 190
whats your height? 5'7
whats your excercise routine? 4 day workout high rep low weight and cardio 6 days. but cant do any running just doing punching bag, speed bag and jump rope 30 min to 60 min if possible
Sleep patterns? go to bed at 11:15 to 12 and wake up between 5:50 to 7 clock depedning on days

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
whats your body weight? 190
whats your height? 5'7
whats your excercise routine? 4 day workout high rep low weight and cardio 6 days. but cant do any running just doing punching bag, speed bag and jump rope 30 min to 60 min if possible
Sleep patterns? go to bed at 11:15 to 12 and wake up between 5:50 to 7 clock depedning on days
try to get your sleep hours around 8 hrs/night.
did you figure out matienence calories then subtract 500? or is your intake just a guesstimate?

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
now what? o **** dont throw something new at me here.!! =)
what is maintance calorie and i do do a guestimate, but i use fitday.com to do my calorie counter to give me a round bout throughout my day..
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=pizzathehut

thats my jornal so far. im new to cutting and losing this fat.. i was bulking for a long time like couple of months and now i want this fdamn fat gone!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe fit day will give you your BMR. Let your diet do the work, you just started it give it a couple months and make the necessary adjustments as you go. Your being to impatient this is not going to happen overnight.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
thank u.. and yea i think i am being impatient.. when yall first did ur losing and or cutting, were yall overly exited and wanted over night?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thank u.. and yea i think i am being impatient.. when yall first did ur losing and or cutting, were yall overly exited and wanted over night?
yes sir big mistake it rebounds...you want it to be healthy

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
High rep/low weight workouts are not going to help. You are wasting your time with that and it is probably one of the fastest ways to lose muscle. Whether you are cutting/recomping/bulking, you need to keep the weights up and push yourself. Keep the intensity up, the weights up, reps low, workouts short(duration-wise).

See Max-OT training.

And get more sleep if you can.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
High rep/low weight workouts are not going to help. You are wasting your time with that and it is probably one of the fastest ways to lose muscle. Whether you are cutting/recomping/bulking, you need to keep the weights up and push yourself. Keep the intensity up, the weights up, reps low, workouts short(duration-wise).

See Max-OT training.

yo can run a high rep scheme 15+ workout at high intensity without loosing muscle.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
as of right now i was doing a 12 rep 7 set workouts and doing each body part each day for a 4 day split. but doing any were from 4 to 5 exercises on thsoe body parts. i would hit as hard i can go.. and keep pushing.. and my chest i did monday is still hurting on wednesday, good sign or bad? and is that to little or to much? i will go back to a 4 day split and do different body parts if need and and do heavy weights if it will be a better way.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

See Max-OT training.

Not necessarily true, but I would expect it to help you burn any more fat. You can gain on routines then go up to 12 reps or so depending on how they are designed, you just have to make them so the intensity is still present. Yes 4 to 8 reps and heavy compound exercises is the best way to grow, but not the only way. When you just starting out it is advisable to go higher reps untill your technique is good. Too many idiots at the gym lifting too much weight with bad form, this is peoples biggest problems. I guess it all depends on what you mean my high rep and low weight.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
it means you had a solid chest workout haha. I wouldnt recommend full-body workouts though. try dividing up your bodypart. EX I run a 6-10 rep superset routine of
day1-chest/back
day2-Legs
day3-off Abs
day4-Arms
day5-Shoulder/traps
day6-off Abs

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you first start out a 2 day split is usually sufficient because you shouldn't be doing too much volume. Everything works though just not for very long.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established

Haha....heck yeah! I think everyone would like to see the fastest results as possible. Just have to be disciplined and stick with a healthy regimen though.

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily true, but I would expect it to help you burn any more fat. You can gain on routines then go up to 12 reps or so depending on how they are designed, you just have to make them so the intensity is still present. Yes 4 to 8 reps and heavy compound exercises is the best way to grow, but not the only way. When you just starting out it is advisable to go higher reps untill your technique is good. Too many idiots at the gym lifting too much weight with bad form, this is peoples biggest problems. I guess it all depends on what you mean my high rep and low weight.
I agree on the lighter weights/higher reps until you actually know what you're doing. But your muscles respond to progressive overload. If you are not pushing heavy enough weights, your body has no reason to change. You are simply "working out". You're exhausting the muscle but not actually forcing it to adapt. There is a difference there. Yes you might be sore after a good "workout", but is that because you are forcing your muscles to adapt or is it because you just worked them a lot?

As far as burning fat during a workout (no matter how you workout), it is probably negligible. The real fat burning will depend on your calorie intake over the course of time.

Just my opinion on things. If you keep going with your light weights, let us know how much more/less you can throw around once you are done cutting...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just because your using lower weight higher reps does not mean your not working hard and overloading. Sure I don't think you should build a whole phylosophy around it but as long as the intensity is there then you'll grow. Intensity is the key...

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Just because your using lower weight higher reps does not mean your not working hard and overloading. Sure I don't think you should build a whole phylosophy around it but as long as the intensity is there then you'll grow. Intensity is the key...
Fair enough.

I may be a little biased because I just started Max-OT. :lol: It simply makes sense and it works. When the day comes that I need to cut, I can't wait to see how well it works with reduced cals.

To the OP: patience will be key. Don't give up. Don't get discouraged when you're not losing weight as fast as you want or if your strength falters a day or two. You should be set with your supps, just be diligent.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are many things that work, I do a little of everything and makes periodization much easier. You should do different types of workouts. Some high rep once in a while, a lot of heavy lifting should be your meat. There are a lot of ways you can superset using isolated movements at lighter weight that is extremely intense.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
damn, thanx yall. yea ur right. what i think i'll be doing is like 1 week hit up high rep low weight. my main reason for doing is i was going heavy on my legs and other body parts. well i was squating 405 and then sumone told me to do a form ass to ground and then i was doing squats 3 times a week and doing ass to ground and my knee just we nt bonkers!!! luckily didnt tear or pull anything, just the doc said i over worked the tendon or patella.. and i got patella tendenitis. i got to stay off lfiting of legs right now for 6 weeks..=/ i was mad as hell always when u switch.. stupid **** happens. now what i wanted to do low weight high rep.. is to perfect forms. do them right. and to high intesity. go slow on motion and make it count. what i'll do is is switch off 1 week high rep low weight and then do heavuy another week.. and or mix them both in with the week.. like some exercise do high rep and couple do heavy depending on what exercises..=)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
damn, thanx yall. yea ur right. what i think i'll be doing is like 1 week hit up high rep low weight. my main reason for doing is i was going heavy on my legs and other body parts. well i was squating 405 and then sumone told me to do a form ass to ground and then i was doing squats 3 times a week and doing ass to ground and my knee just we nt bonkers!!! luckily didnt tear or pull anything, just the doc said i over worked the tendon or patella.. and i got patella tendenitis. i got to stay off lfiting of legs right now for 6 weeks..=/ i was mad as hell always when u switch.. stupid **** happens. now what i wanted to do low weight high rep.. is to perfect forms. do them right. and to high intesity. go slow on motion and make it count. what i'll do is is switch off 1 week high rep low weight and then do heavuy another week.. and or mix them both in with the week.. like some exercise do high rep and couple do heavy depending on what exercises..=)
sounds to me like you want a west side barbell format. 2 power days, 2 speed days

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
yea u said it betterr than me? is there something i can read on that.. i will google that up when i get home.. getting off work right now and heading home.. and then get ready to go to the gym.. and bust a lil something up. Ive done german volume training, then 20 rep squat routine, high rep low weight. bulking, burnouts start high weight and then drop weight each time i do a rep. and only a lil strength training.. but i keep switching up on myself and not going any were.. i do good and i just trigger and do something else.. i am finally fed up right now.. and i got my goal for 1 year and i want to get lean muscle and lose my fat i got.. thats the goal!! and sticking wih it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ass to the ground squats are not necessary, paralell or just below is just fine.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
yea dreamweaver, i found out there shitty way huh..=( well life is trial and error and as long my errors dont over way my good ones.. then i guess i'll be good.=)

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Squats three times a week is too many also. Probably part of the reason you hurt yourself.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats three times a week is too many also. Probably part of the reason you hurt yourself.

Yah wow, I missed that. I believe in hammering a body part once a week.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
yea i know i messsed up.. i did this thing called 20 rep squat routine.. just do 1 set at 20 reps and iw as doing at 225 at ass to ground..=/

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember that routine...

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
yea right now thats why im not lifitng heavy aas of right now. but i think i will start it next week.. finish this week of high rep.. then do heavy next week. once i get a rythm in i will do a split.. and do half the week high rep and the other half heavy

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hye bud i also found a great article over at a certain place. im not sure if im allowed to link it but it talks about body types, what to eat if you a certain body type, things to focus on, ect ect. check it out::

If you have been exercising for 30 days or more with the goal of LOSING WEIGHT with NO visible results (your measurements/body fat/weight) chances are, you are not working according to your body type. Learn how to train for your body type!

By: ISSA

If you have been exercising for 30 days or more with the goal of LOSING WEIGHT with NO visible results (your measurements/body fat/weight) chances are, you are not working according to your body type. There are basically three different body types.

AN ENDOMORPH is a person with a naturally low metabolic rate is of a medium to large frame and is more prone to putting on fat weight (if you claim to just smell food and put on weight you are an endomorph) and therefore they need to watch their diets and exercise regularly to stay in shape.

AN ECTOMORPH is a small framed person with a naturally high metabolic rate in short these are the people everyone wishes would choke on their pastries as it just doesn't show on them! But ectos being hard gainers, cannot gain muscle definition easily so you see no one has it all!

A MESOMORPH is naturally very strong, of medium to large frame, has well defined musculature and though they too require regular exercise to keep in shape (who doesn't?!) they usually respond to exercise faster, than endomorphs.

The Three Basic Body Types:

ECTOMORPH:

Thin
Flat chest
Delicate build
Young appearance
Tall
Stoop-shouldered
Has trouble gaining muscle mass
MESOMORPH:

Hard, muscular body
Overly mature appearance
Thick skin
Upright posture
Gains or loses weight easily
Grows muscle quickly
ENDOMORPH:

Soft body
Underdeveloped muscles
Round shaped
Over-developed digestive system
Trouble losing weight
Generally gains muscle easily
Take the 'What's Your Body Type' quiz,
CLICK HERE!
A person maybe a combination of body types, so to make things easier they can be further classified into 4 more categories:

Combination Body Types:

HOURGLASS:

A very Indian shape to have, wherein the waist size is a lot lesser than the chest and hips, though the chest is slightly heavier than the hips. These are the people who look proportionate even if slightly overweight as their weight is equally distributed throughout the body, their upper and lower bodies have more strength than endurance, and though they do gain weight easily they also lose it as easily and proportionately.

Recommended Exercise:

Cardiovascular exercises: Low impact aerobics, cycling at low to moderate tension and higher speed, brisk walking or the treadmill at maximum 3-4 incline but higher speed is recommended depending on your fitness level.
Strength training: Stick to moderate to high repetitions* (12-15 reps*) and on and off even use rep combinations as high as 25 reps and low to moderate weights (concept will vary with time as you get fitter). A combination of both compound movements and isolations will prove effective. How much weight you lift is also dependant on how you want to look ultimately. This kind of a workout will help you get fitter, stronger and leaner.

RULER:

The waist chest and hips are in almost equal proportion and rulers gain weight more easily in the midsection, they do not bulk or add muscle mass easily however their weight loss is also almost equal throughout. They usually handle endurance exercises more easily than strength training.

Recommended Exercise:

Cardiovascular exercise: Biking with high tension, walking on an incline treadmill or uphill, running, jogging, steppers or stair climbers with moderate resistance will all help in burning fat effectively.
Strength training: Higher repetitions* (20+ reps*), with moderate to heavy weights. Choose more basic and compound movements over isolations (chose isolations only as finishing exercise).

CONE:

As the name states, their upper body is much larger than the lower, the stomach normally protrudes and the arms and chest bulk easily though they are a lot slimmer hip downwards.

Recommended Exercise:

Cardiovascular exercise: Cycling at moderate to high tension and brisk walking or treadmill at moderate incline (3-5) and high speed, avoid jogging at high tension.
Strength training: Concentrate on lightweights and higher repetitions on the upper body and moderate to heavy weight and moderate repetitions (12-15) on the lower body. Choose compound movements for both upper and lower body as well as isolations.

SPOON:

The lower body is distinctly larger than the upper body, thick upper thighs, bulky inner thighs, outer thighs stick out (saddle bags) dense calves, thickset ankles, weak lower ab muscles and weak upper body.

Recommended Exercise:

Cardiovascular exercise: Cycle at higher speed and lesser tension, brisk walking or walking at high speed on treadmill without incline. Avoid steppers/stair climbers, high impact aerobics as they will further add bulk to lower body.
Strength training: Doing compound movements with moderate to heavy weights for the upper body, and both compound movements and isolations with high repetitions for the lower body is recommended.

5 Exercise Pointers For All Body Types:

Always warm up before and cool down after exercise.
Stretching and resting between sets is as important as exercise.
Change your workout routine at least once in six weeks to prevent your muscles from getting too used to it.
Once in a while exchange your body type workout with that of another body type for a short duration to shock your body.
If muscle soreness persists for more than 72 hours post workout, see a doctor immediately.
While exercise is a must to stay in shape, exercise alone cannot bring you the results you want unless you watch your diet. Please note I have said "watch" not deny, starve, or guilt yourself about food! Dieting is about options not restrictions.

It's about realizing that there is something wrong with your lifestyle, which is not only affecting you physically and outwardly but also internally. So don't "go on a diet," teach yourself behavior modification and self-control, here's how:

Restaurant Tips:

When with friends, voice your opinion in choosing a restaurant and select one that offers a variety of food. This makes choosing healthy food easier.
Ask plenty of questions if you are trying fare which you haven't sampled before like:
What's the portion size?
Besides the main entrée what's on the side? (If its vegetables ask for a bigger portion.)
How is the food prepared? Grilled/baked/broiled/stewed is a better option than fried.
What kinds of sauces are used? If they are heavy ask for it to be served on the side so you can add it yourself not-so-liberally. If the dish contains cheese/cream will it taste bad without?
Are substitutions possible? Like plain steamed vegetables instead of buttered? Baked potato instead of fried? Whole grain bread rather than processed.
Start with a soup/salad and eat your starter slowly. It makes you feel fuller so when the main course arrives you won't be tempted to wolf down everything that's served to you.
If ordering a high calorie dish becomes mandatory, share it with your companion so you eat only half the calories.

Eating At A Buffet:

Browse: Before you start on the meal have a look around so you can mentally tick out your options.
Think small: Take a smaller plate, and after you've decided on the least damaging food items serve yourself a little of the bad stuff (heavy gravies/processed food/fried stuff/mithais etc) and loads of the good stuff (vegetables/whole grain foods/fruit platters/salads/soups)
Satisfy that sweet tooth: Notice the size of the dessertspoons it tells you something. Put a tiny little serving of that sinful looking mousse on your plate, take a small portion put it in your mouth and don't swallow, allow it to melt first, two more spoons the same way and you are done. Psychologists say its only these first three swallows that count in the remaining we are only trying to relive that sensation of the earlier mouthful. It not only satisfies you but also sends a signal to your brain that the meal has ended.
For any questions or comments regarding this article, please contact Samreedhi Sharma at [email protected].

Thanks,

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They recommend high reps for every shape...

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
my first goal is to a for real diet a stricty diet for 30 days.. and keep doing what im doing.. and first see how that takes me and then i can cordinate what i am and do the affected areas to work them out.. thank u so much texas.. Im on the right direction! hell yea.. rdy to become this :bb3:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
my first goal is to a for real diet a stricty diet for 30 days.. and keep doing what im doing.. and first see how that takes me and then i can cordinate what i am and do the affected areas to work them out.. thank u so much texas.. Im on the right direction! hell yea.. rdy to become this :bb3:
you will dude. as you can see. We all are here to help each other. Thats whats cool about the bodybuilding community. Someone always know something you dont. If you think your going to have issues staying on track i recommend you set up a log. They always keep me focused. people counting on you for reviews and giving you critiques.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you will dude. as you can see. We all are here to help each other. Thats whats cool about the bodybuilding community. Someone always know something you dont. If you think your going to have issues staying on track i recommend you set up a log. They always keep me focused. people counting on you for reviews and giving you critiques.
Yes logs are just as much for the people writing them as for the people reading. They do help you stay focussed and make you analyse your progress. Lots of times I come up with enlightening information while regurgitating my experiences..

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
then thats what i'll do!! i log is a must now.. ive been bogangling with my log and everything.! Time to make the turn and do thsi right.. already done one way right now time to do the other way.. expect a log today! hey were should i post it at?