Waxy Maize Starch - AnabolicMinds.com

Waxy Maize Starch

1. New Member

Waxy Maize Starch

Hey fellas this question is for J Peterman or anyone else with an answer. A similar thread was started in December of 2006 on the Waxy Maize Starch Craze, I could not include a link b/c I am new to this site.

In the orginal thread J Peterman advised against WMS having any advantage over maltodextrin, dextrose, etc. saying in post 24,

"The next question you need which basically eliminates the need to split hairs about molecular size is to ask what effect does increased glycogen resynthesis rates have on protein synthesis rates? Basically none."

MY QUESTION THEREFORE IS:

WITH INCREASED GLYCOGEN RESYNTHESIS RATES AND THE CONCOMMITANT INCREASE IN GLUT-4 TRANSPORTER MIGRATION TO THE MUSCLE MEMBRANE FROM CARB INGESTION WOULDN'T WMS BE MORE EFFECTIVE TOWARDS INCREASING MUSCLE PROTEIN ACRETION DURING THE 2 HOUR POST WORKOUT WINDOW? AFTER ALL IF THE CARBS ARE INGESTED AND RESYNTHESIZED QUICKER THEN WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT MORE PROTEIN COULD BE STORED IN THE MUSCLES IF 2 MEALS WERE INGESTED?

If anyone has any thoughts about this please respond. Thanks i hope I was not too confusing.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sounds interesting.
  3. New Member

Been browsing for studies and thinking and now the real question is

If WMS does increase the rate of INSULIN and GLUT 4 transport compared to other carbs (by say 10 min.) will this really make any difference? Is there any information out there about a physiological limit of protein uptake via muscle? At some point I would imagine a muscle would not except greater protein acretion. Probably when glycogen stores are full, which can occur with other carb sources. Anyone have anything to say about that?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

people swear by it, but im in the dark with all this pub med mumbo jumbo. im a supp weanie
  5. New Member

Give corn flour ago if you want to try it half the cost, it pretty much the same thing!
  6. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

The only WMS i've noticed anything on was Vitargo and Karbolyn.. both of those gave me a creepy pumped feeling.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.

I make my own custom Waxy Maize mix at Trueprotein.com. Good stuff!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Waxy Maize Starch
    By Chub in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 03:07 PM
  2. Waxy Maize Starch..on the way!!!
    By dsade in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:49 AM
  3. Waxy Maize Starch
    By IRISHRYG in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 21