Protein

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
How much is to much protein? according to my fitday i have taken in alot of protein.. what ration or percentage should it be for total of day..

FitDay.com - Diet and Fitness journal for pizzathehut

thats my fitday fro monday, and i am trying to cut. how does it look? also i weigh 190. i hope this isnt to much and should i cut back on protein drinks and focus more on foods? ive been just trying to eat chicken breast and tuna with fruit all day.. is that to little?

on a snack period like 10 o clock is 3 oz steak or meat enough for a 10 o clocker or i need a lil more than that?

chaoticrage

Awards
you want to take 1 to 1.5 grams per body weight per day ;)

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
k thank u, i just didnt know if u shouldnt go past a certain amount.. cause m fitday was like 55 percent protein will that be ok..? trying to do 40 percent fat 40 percent protein adn 20 percent carbs for week. its hard trying to do that!!

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Around half of your daily protein is coming from shakes. Which is ok, but getting more of your protein from whole foods would be optimal, and also help you burn more fat. Ive said this before, but eating and digesting food has a thermic effect on the body, that allows you to burn more calories and keep your metabolism high. Since whey is digested so fast and easily you lose this effect for any protein you take in from shakes.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i would try and EAT 1-1.25g protein per pound LBM.....shakes can just be icing on your cake!

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
damn didnt know that. so i'll eat up then and eat clan food.. btw i picked up pre packaged chicken breast already made and cut.l would those be good or u think they have to much sodium and other bs for me to eat? plus ill eat like 2 chicken breast. and get the food i need. just eat it clean and every 2 to 3 hours. yall been a big help.. so much and i feel so lost u know.. driving me crazy. but tomarrow i;ll just eat it more.. i got bubmle bee chicken breast 3 oz and oscar meyer chicken breast. looked good just lil high on sodium. and south beat diet sndwiches. real meat was closed and i had to suffce

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
damn didnt know that. so i'll eat up then and eat clan food.. btw i picked up pre packaged chicken breast already made and cut.l would those be good or u think they have to much sodium and other bs for me to eat? plus ill eat like 2 chicken breast. and get the food i need. just eat it clean and every 2 to 3 hours. yall been a big help.. so much and i feel so lost u know.. driving me crazy. but tomarrow i;ll just eat it more.. i got bubmle bee chicken breast 3 oz and oscar meyer chicken breast. looked good just lil high on sodium. and south beat diet sndwiches. real meat was closed and i had to suffce
Eat, Eat, Eat, Food, Food, Food. As long as you're in the gym working hard and sleeping good. Cut out the nonsense junk-food if you haven't already, too.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
best cheap chicken is that canned crap...cheap, easy to carry, not bad micros...forget that sliced processed deli junk, all lips and *******s! i check all the adds from the stores every week cause someone always has it on sale! sirloin is always cheap too like 3-4 buck a pound and probably the lowest fat content beef you can find besides extra lean ground beef

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much proten you ingest has a lot to do with how efficient your body handles nutrients. Ectos often have to ingest more protein than a heavier endo type who's body is very efficient handling ingested protein. It took me years to figure this out, I would always gain too much fat when I bulked and a lot of it was because I took in too much protein (I'm an endo). When I started taking in less I had much more success. I am 240 and use around 275-300 grams a day it's not a lot less. So it's somewhat body type dependant, remember if you gain easily you don't need as much protien.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
o ok.. i dont know if i gain easily. i will find out in 4 weeks if i get any gians or losses.. also damnit i need to take a pic of myself and set up a tracker here.. but i just bought a camer the other daay.. so once i get home i can get it done

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you find it harder to lose weight or gain it. Know your body type it's important. For now I would keep your protein intake where it is.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
lose weight is hard and gain weight is easy for me. gaining is easy so thats why i work hard to maintain. losing is my hard part

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then your and Endo and I am thinkng that 250 grams a day would be good for you, don't worry too much if it's 25 grams more but I would thnk anything more than that would be unecessary.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My numbers were off I would stay between 225 and 250.

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
thats what i'll do then.. i got to get this in the right direction..=)