new CEL product? Cycle Assist?

dafox

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else hear anything about this?
* I in no way represent CEL, nor am I trying to promote the product, I just want to know if it's for real, and what all you think about it*

All-In-One On Cycle Support Solution

Cycle Assist is designed to be an all-in-one support solution for basic on cycle and post cycle therapy needs. Cycle Assist contains a combination of specifically dosed ingredients designed to help provide liver, blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate, and acne support.

Why choose Cycle Assist?
Cycle Assist offers effective dosages of specific ingredients designed to help maximize results. There are no filler ingredients. Cycle Assist is straight to the point and properly dosed to not only provide you with the most effective product for your on cycle and post cycle support needs, but also the most cost effective one as well.

Also, unlike many other products in its class, every herb in Cycle Assist is a standardized extract and the standardization amount is clearly identified on the label. This is extremely important because it is the amount of active ingredient that an herb is standardized for that determines the level of benefits received from it.
Example: A product can be dosed very high in mg of herb powder, but standardized poorly and therefore offer very little if anything in terms of effectiveness.

Cost Effective Price + Adequately Dosed + Standardized Potencies =
All in One Support Solution

Examining the Ingredients:
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine –
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) is an amino acid derivative that is not present in the diet and must be obtained through supplementation. It is more stable than regular L-Cysteine, and offers a variety of overall health benefits.

NAC exerts powerful antioxidant effects and serves to boost immune function and support optimal liver function by acting as a glutathione precursor.

Milk Thistle –
Milk Thistle is standardized for Silymarin, which is well known to help support normal liver function. It exerts both a protective and detoxification benefits.

What is the importance of it being standardized?
The amount of Silymarin delivered by any Milk Thistle product directly relates to the amount of benefit that the product offers. Cycle Assist is standardized to 80% Silymarin. If a product does not state how much Silymarin it is standardized for, you simply don’t know how much benefit you will receive from the product

Pantothenic Acid:
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) is involved in the production of red blood cells and adrenal hormones. The body converts is to Coenzyme A, which is important for energy production in the body. Pantothenic Acid is thought to help maintain healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and also is used frequently to help combat and prevent acne.

Hawthorn Berry Extract:
Hawthorne Berry Extract is commonly used to help support various aspects of cardiovascular function, including high blood pressure and cholesterol. It has been shown to encourage normal blood flow throughout the cardiovascular system.

The level of benefits that Hawthorn Berry has to offer is directly related to the amount extract that the individual product in question provides. Hawthorn can be shown to present extractions for various compounds; in Cycle Assist, the Hawthorn Extract is shown to be reflected to at least 1.8% Vitexin which is the standardization that is widely used in hawthorn products specifically designed for optimal blood pressure and cholesterol support.

Vitamin B-6:
Vitamin B6 is a water soluble vitamin that performs a wide variety of functions in the body. It plays an important role in helping maintain healthy skin and hair, is important for proper circulatory function, and is essential for red blood cell formation and protein metabolism. Vitamin B6 is important for cardiovascular function because it is involved in regulating blood pressure as well as other heart functions. It is also important for helping regulate homocysteine levels.

Saw Palmetto Extract:
Saw Palmetto contains a variety of fatty acids as well as phystosterols. These active ingredients help inhibit the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme that turns testosterone into dehydrotestosterone (DHT) and also helps block the binding of DHT to prostate cells.

The importance of Saw Palmetto Berries being used as a standardized extract is because the percentage of standardized extract represents the amount of fatty acids and phytosterols that are in the product. This directly relates to the level of benefits that the product will provide.

Celery Seed Extract:
Celery Seed Extract is commonly used to help lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and improve circulation. Celery Seed Extract contains the compound 3nB, which acts to help lower blood pressure by acting as both a diuretic and a vasodilator through impacting prostaglandin function. It is also important to note that unlike some diuretics, 3nB doesn’t change the ratio of sodium to potassium in the blood; this is important because by not altering that ratio, the common side effects associated with some diuretics are avoided.

As discussed above, it is the 3nB in the Celery Seed Extract that is responsible for the positive effects on blood pressure, cholesterol, and circulation.

Grape Seed Extract:
Grape Seed Extract is a potent antioxidant and free radical scavenger. It is used to help support cardiovascular and immune function, as well as to support healthy cholesterol levels and skin elasticity.

What is the importance of the standardization/concentration?
The benefits of Grape Seed Extract are due to the Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins content. There are numerous standardizations available; Cycle Assist uses a Grape Seed Extract that contains 95% Proanthocyanidins to help insure maximum results.

Policosanol:
Policosanol is commonly used to help support healthy cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health.
Policosanol is a mixture of long chain fatty alcohols derived from sugar cane; these alcohols are regarded to possess considerable antioxidant capacity.

Zinc Gluconate:
Zinc is an essential mineral that is involved in over 200 enzymatic reactions in the body. It functions as an antioxidant so it is beneficial for immune support. Zinc is also important in the prostate and may help protect it from damage. It is also thought to be beneficial for skin health, maintaining cholesterol levels to within normal range, and playing an important role in the detoxification of alcohol in the liver.

dafox

Awards
  • Established
there's a picture of the label with specific amounts of ingredients...

dafox

Awards
  • Established
Introducing Cycle Assist by Competitive Edge Labs!

Cycle Assist is designed to be an all-in-one support solution for basic on cycle and post cycle needs. Cycle Assist contains a combination of specifically dosed ingredients designed to help provide liver, blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate, and acne support.

Serving Size: 4 capsules
Servings Per Container: 60

Ingredients (per serving):
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine... 750 mg
Milk Thistle (Standardized to 80% Silymarin)... 500 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5)... 500 mg
Hawthorne Berry Extract (Standardized to 1.8% Vitexin)... 300 mg
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL)... 200 mg
Saw Palmetto Extract (Standardized to 45% Fatty Acids)... 160 mg
Celery Seed Extract (10:1)... 75 mg
Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins)... 75 mg
Policosanol... 20 mg
Zinc Gluconate... 15 mg

Other ingredients: Magnesium Stearate

Directions: Take 4 capsules twice daily spaced out 8 to 12 hours apart, preferably with meals.

Cycle Assist is the first of many non-hormonal products joining CEL's line up! Stay tuned for more!

Cycle Assist will be available soon!

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Introducing Cycle Assist by Competitive Edge Labs!

Cycle Assist is designed to be an all-in-one support solution for basic on cycle and post cycle needs. Cycle Assist contains a combination of specifically dosed ingredients designed to help provide liver, blood pressure, cholesterol, prostate, and acne support.

Serving Size: 4 capsules
Servings Per Container: 60

Ingredients (per serving):
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine... 750 mg
Milk Thistle (Standardized to 80% Silymarin)... 500 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5)... 500 mg
Hawthorne Berry Extract (Standardized to 1.8% Vitexin)... 300 mg
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL)... 200 mg
Saw Palmetto Extract (Standardized to 45% Fatty Acids)... 160 mg
Celery Seed Extract (10:1)... 75 mg
Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins)... 75 mg
Policosanol... 20 mg
Zinc Gluconate... 15 mg

Other ingredients: Magnesium Stearate

Directions: Take 4 capsules twice daily spaced out 8 to 12 hours apart, preferably with meals.

Cycle Assist is the first of many non-hormonal products joining CEL's line up! Stay tuned for more!

Cycle Assist will be available soon!
looks decent

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
looks descent, wonder how the price is going to be

dafox

Awards
  • Established
A rep from another board said it should be $30-40 at online retailers.
idk if nutra will carry it

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
looks good but cycle support is going to be hard to beat in my opinion

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will be the first of MANY new products from CEL. Not only are we adding new PHs but we've got a great line up of non-hormonal products on the way
I always like CEL products cannot wait:thumbsup:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Even though I don't cycle, I might take this as a daily supplement as it has some good ingredients in it.

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
It will be interesting to see how it does vs CS.

Things i like:

capsules!!! - much easier for me to take at work and the taste of CS is ...um....err....not great.
no red yeast rice - AI supposedly makes a RYR free version of CS but you cant find it anywhere.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also no nettle root... :)

I am a huge fan of encapsulated products, as are many. That was a key idea in the production of this product.
like reaper said, this looks like a good everyday supp. btw i like the convenience of caps also.:thumbsup:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
yup, plus no red yeast rice.

The one thing that kept me from the Cycle Support RYR FREE was the powder. I wanted the RYR Free caps and I couldn't find it at nutra. Oh well.

I'll just get this instead.

dafox

Awards
  • Established
capsules!!! - much easier for me to take at work and the taste of CS is ...um....err....not great.
no red yeast rice - AI supposedly makes a RYR free version of CS but you cant find it anywhere.
I especially like the capped part of it. :head:
It looks like it will go for 29.95 on most online retailers. I heard it might be $25 at a certain place too... :thumbsup:

dafox

Awards
  • Established
here they are side by side

Differences are in red, similarities in green:

AI Cycle support:........................CEL Cycle Assist:
1 scoop (1 serving):....................4capsules (1 serving):

RYR--600mg...............................no RYR

NAC--600mg..............................NAC--750mg

Silymarin--500mg.......................Silymarin--500mg

no Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5)..Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5)--500mg

Hawthorne Berry--500mg.............Hawthorne Berry--300mg

no Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL)...Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL)--200mg

Saw Palmetto--300mg.................Saw Palmetto--160mg

Nettle Root--125mg....................no nettle root

Celery Seed Extract--75mg...........Celery Seed Extract--75mg

no Grape Seed Extract.................Grape Seed Extract--75mg

Idebenone--50mg........................no Idebenone

Policosonol--10mg........................Policosonol--20mg

no Zinc Gluconate........................Zinc Gluconate--15mg

As you can see, they definitely have some different ingredients and dosages.
The only two things that are exactly the same are Silymarin and Celery Seed Extract.
The things that are completely different are RYR, Vit B-5, Vit B-6, Nettle Root, Grape Seed Extract, Idebenone, and Zinc Gluconate.
:lol: It's confusing to me now that I put them side by side... all the colors :icon_lol:

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
Thanks for the comparison, easy to read this way :)

About the hawthorne berry, CEL says theirs is "Hawthorne Berry Extract (Standardized to 1.8% Vitexin)" so im not sure if you can compare dosages 1 to 1 with CS's Hawthorne Berry. Does anyone know what the difference is if any?

dafox

Awards
  • Established
the only thing I could find was this: Hawthorn Berry Extract (2% cratagic acid, 5% flavonoid glycosides) for AI CS...
Is there an anabolic innovations rep in the house?

dafox

Awards
  • Established
About the hawthorne berry, CEL says theirs is "Hawthorne Berry Extract (Standardized to 1.8% Vitexin)" so im not sure if you can compare dosages 1 to 1 with CS's Hawthorne Berry. Does anyone know what the difference is if any?
I found out that it looks like the CEL hawthorne is the same as the type used in Natures Way Heartcare Hawthorn and also in NOW's Blood Pressure Control... each of those products doses it at 300 mg twice a day.
As far as the extract from AI, I still have no idea. it looks like it may be standardized for something else.:think:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They should be answering soon. They are joining AM :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Vitexin is the main component of Hawthorn which illicits the heart & BP lowering benefits.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will be interesting to see how it does vs CS.

Things i like:

Get over the RYR. The amount of it in CS isnt enough to do anything bad, and it DOES have good benefits. Im guessing thats why they left it in there.

CompEdgeLabs

CompEdgeLabs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get over the RYR. The amount of it in CS isnt enough to do anything bad, and it DOES have good benefits. Im guessing thats why they left it in there.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I myself avoid RYR and its nothing against Cycle Support or any other product, its just personal preference.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established

I was happy to see a RYR free CS. RYR made these days is nothing more than a toxic placebo. Years ago RYR had good benefits because it was made to contain Lovastatin, which is a prescription cholesterol med. But a few years ago the FDA made it illegal for RYR to be sold & manufactured containing Lovastatin so the RYR supps out these days would have no benefits without the Lovastatin. Plus either way RYR is harsh on the liver.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What is the health risk of too much vitamin B6?

Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. Several reports show neuropathy in people using less than 500 mg per day [1]. The Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults

Check your supplements and see how much B6 it contains. [1]. "As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases [1]."

1. Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline.

2. Selhub J, Jacques PF, Bostom AG, D'Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Belanger AJ, O'Leary DH, Wolf PA, Scaefer EJ, Rosenberg IH. Association between plasma homocysteine concentrations and extracranial carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med 1995; 332:286-291. [PubMed abstract]

CROWLER

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
What is the health risk of too much vitamin B6?

Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. Several reports show neuropathy in people using less than 500 mg per day [1]. The Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults

Check your supplements and see how much B6 it contains. [1]. "As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases [1]."

1. Institute of Medicine. Food and Nutrition Board. Dietary Reference Intakes: Thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, biotin, and choline.

2. Selhub J, Jacques PF, Bostom AG, D'Agostino RB, Wilson PW, Belanger AJ, O'Leary DH, Wolf PA, Scaefer EJ, Rosenberg IH. Association between plasma homocysteine concentrations and extracranial carotid-artery stenosis. N Engl J Med 1995; 332:286-291. [PubMed abstract]

CROWLER
You should investigate the relationship between dietary intake of b6 and blood concentration. It might surprise you.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Double yawwwwnnn
You sir are very unprofessional and I guess did not learn anything from your mod edit post earlier in this thread. I hope the higher up's in CEL see how just unprofessional you are and take some kind of action. I have nothing more to say on this matter.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
x2-crowler is too well respected to put anything possibly dangerous in any of his products. the cel cycle assist is a capsule alternative to drinking a powder, but i don't feel there is any health risk in taking cycle support. it has been around for quite awhile, with very good reviews.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
You sir are very unprofessional and I guess did not learn anything from your mod edit post earlier in this thread. I hope the higher up's in CEL see how just unprofessional you are and take some kind of action. I have nothing more to say on this matter.
The mod edit was before CEL became board sponsors. It was simply me stating facts about our product, which at the time was not allowed as we were not sponsors. I did learn my lesson, we became sponsors.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
x2-crowler is too well respected to put anything possibly dangerous in any of his products. the cel cycle assist is a capsule alternative to drinking a powder, but i don't feel there is any health risk in taking cycle support. it has been around for quite awhile, with very good reviews.
No one is insinuating a health risk in CS.

CompEdgeLabs

CompEdgeLabs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Apparently I missed alot before posting today lol.

To address everything that has went on (from which posts havent been edited, that I can still see):
- I myself dont like RYR, but didnt make the argument that its dangerous either.
- The amount of B6 in Cycle Assist is not dangerous; there are Vitamin B6 products that contain 500 mg per tablet.
- USF has point about blood level concentrations vs amt in a supplement, although I would like to remain friendly and not argue over it further lol
- Pembroke - the mod edit on him was from before we were sponsoring here; I cannot read exactly what he wrote to know what you were referring to him being unprofessional; hope it is resolved, but you are welcome to pm me.
- I see no where that anyone from our company insinuated a health rish with CS or RYR.

Cycle Assist and Cycle Support are both good products and I dont think we need to be at each others throats about it. The products are in the same category but cater to different segments of that category. So, if possible I would like to avoid further bickering between our companies. Crowler, Pembroke, you are welcome to pm me.

dafox

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Assist and Cycle Support are both good products and I dont think we need to be at each others throats about it. The products are in the same category but cater to different segments of that category. So, if possible I would like to avoid further bickering between our companies.
:thumbsup:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Apparently I missed alot before posting today lol.

To address everything that has went on (from which posts havent been edited, that I can still see):
- I myself dont like RYR, but didnt make the argument that its dangerous either.
- The amount of B6 in Cycle Assist is not dangerous; there are Vitamin B6 products that contain 500 mg per tablet.
- USF has point about blood level concentrations vs amt in a supplement, although I would like to remain friendly and not argue over it further lol
- Pembroke - the mod edit on him was from before we were sponsoring here; I cannot read exactly what he wrote to know what you were referring to him being unprofessional; hope it is resolved, but you are welcome to pm me.
- I see no where that anyone from our company insinuated a health rish with CS or RYR.

Cycle Assist and Cycle Support are both good products and I dont think we need to be at each others throats about it. The products are in the same category but cater to different segments of that category. So, if possible I would like to avoid further bickering between our companies. Crowler, Pembroke, you are welcome to pm me.
PM sent agreed 100% I have no problem with CEL in any way:thumbsup:

DeathDealer

Awards
I have had some reservations with the RYR in Cycle Support, and the B6 in Cycle Assist (had a bad experience megadosing B6 before). They both look like excellent products and are similar.

I came to the conclusion to run both.

I take Cycle Assist in the morning (only getting 1/2 the B6) and Cycle Support at night (only getting 1/2 the RYR). I think that it's the best of both worlds.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the feedback!

We have a RYR free version of Cycle Support if you are concerned.

CROWLER

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had some reservations with the RYR in Cycle Support, and the B6 in Cycle Assist (had a bad experience megadosing B6 before). They both look like excellent products and are similar.

I came to the conclusion to run both.

I take Cycle Assist in the morning (only getting 1/2 the B6) and Cycle Support at night (only getting 1/2 the RYR). I think that it's the best of both worlds.
Yes the RYR free version is still available in a few places:thumbsup: