Achilles rupture - Cissus AND ??

netcourt

netcourt

Awards
I've recently ruptured my achilles; had surgery to repair it last week. I've already ordered some Super Cissus Rx, based on reviews relative to how it helps with tendon/ligmament injuries. However, I'm clearly doing this the right way by doc's orders, rest, healing and rehab. I figure the Cissus can't hurt, and can only help. I'm also mega-dosing fish oil.

Any other thougths from the group on coming back strong from achilles injuries? I'm not a noob to designers (SD, PP, Epi, etc.) - and I know that these do not build tendon/ligmament strength (possibly the opposite) - but is there some use to using a pulse once I'm well into rehab to recover from the atrophy in my quad and calf muscle?

Appreciate the insight gents, thanks.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
Id get some MSM cream and rub that into your tendon after rehab.

I did that with my ruptured biceps tendon and I think it helped recovery. It reduces inflammation but not like ibuprofen, its a different mechanism.

Its pretty cheap too. The only weird thing is I never found the same brand twice at Vitamin Shoppe. Every time I went back they had different brands.

FrankJ

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I rubbed it on my shins when I had shin splints and I think it helped that also.

netcourt

netcourt

Awards
MSM cream - thanks Frank, I'll look into that.

Anybody else with Achilles experience? I've been told that rehab is a b1tch.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am 2 months out from knee replacement, and my ortho doc tells me i am at least a month ahead of what he expected. a lot of credit goes to being in better shape and stronger than a lot of guys my age, but being relentless in physical therapy and taking glucosamine/fish oil/and wobenzyme has helped a lot. google wobenzyme and see for yourself, it has truly been a blessing to me. maybe it will help you too.

netcourt

netcourt

Awards
Very interesting, never heard of it, but I'll look it up.

I'm also looking forward to PT. I'm guessing their going to have to constantly remind me not to overdue it. :thumbsup:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting, never heard of it, but I'll look it up.

I'm also looking forward to PT. I'm guessing their going to have to constantly remind me not to overdue it. :thumbsup:
just make sure you do the exercises at home. just doing them while you are there isn't enough.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my dad had it done, and hes 312 pounds. it took him about 6 -8 weeks before he was walking (with a limp) and no (5 months later or so) jumproping and kick boxing. pretty impressive for a guy of that size.

look up HA JOINT, by purity Products, and you can use it with ARTHOLYZE by Species nutrition. With those 2 and the Cissus youll recover faster then you think

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm rehabbing from a couple of injuries myself currently. Looks like you're getting some good advice here, big fan of the Cissus myself.
Touching on your pulsing q: I'm not a fan of designers, but if you do go that route, personally I would wait until rehab is done & you're 100%. You're not going to atrophy to nothing in that short of a timespan, and in my mind if you use these things I would think you'd want the best possible results from them, i.e. bringing 110% to your training efforts. Save 'em for another day..

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
personally I would wait until rehab is done & you're 100%. Save 'em for another day..

I have a tendency to agree, as long as you're making gains w/o the designers there's no point to taking them. One good thing about starting over is that you can only get stronger as long as you're doing the best you can.

netcourt

netcourt

Awards
Great advice guys - I was walking on the fence about the pulse idea. I definitely don't want to stunt any natural recovery. Waiting until I'm fully recovered - possibly later - does seem to make the most sense.

Crazyfool - I'll check out those products you mentioned to stack with my Cissus. I'm willing to throw some dollars around if it means I'll recover better and faster.