supplements for females

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
I wanted to gain more muscle, I was wondering what would be good for me, I already drink protein shakes and creatine. I wanted to know it x factor would be something ok to take... thanks!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
We need some more info. How long have you been training? What kind of routine are you on? What does your diet look like? What are your long and short term goals?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
x2 of what was said above. wouldn't want to give you advice on what to take if your not optimizing your body naturally first

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
97lbs!!! wow. I don't think supps are what you need right now. Proper nutrition and training looks to be your best bet!!

Thanks for the support tex!

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
lol... I have always been very small... Working out is the only way I have been able to gain weight. I weight lift about 3 times a week. I try to eat pretty healthy, as much as I can and I am trying to eat more.. I eat a few small meals an also the regular breakfast and dinner. dinner is usually chicken.. actually I was training with KurtisWicked... he posts on here... But he actually just broke up with me... but thats another story. I Was doing very good going to the gym and everything, I just have to get ack into it cuz I have been gone for about 1 1/2 weeks cuz of many things that have been going on, deaths, accidnets, breakup, all at once so I have not gone for a little while. I just wanna get back on it though. I just pretty much just wanna gain weight, in muscle..

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah well your best bet is going to be to get your diet down pretty clean and get a solid workout program put back together to set up hypertrophy so that muscle growth can occur at maximum efficiency. After that is done i would look into whey protein, and a creatine to start out with.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
What does your training look like?
How long have you been lifting?
Can you breakdown your diet any better?
How many calories a day? How many carbs? How much protein?

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
I do bench presses, deadlifts, curls, squat machine,, leg press, shoulders and chest, some I dont even know the name of the workout... He just shows me what to do and what it works out and I do it lol... I should probably learn the names of all them... sorry.. I have been liftig for almost a year but steadily lifting for about 6 months... I have gained muscle, I can tell and I have gained at least 5 pounds too.. I did weight 100 I just put 97 cuz I think in the past week I have lost a couple pounds due to stress and all that... I know I can eat a little better, I just have to find good snack that I actually like. I usually eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast or some eggs depending on how much time I have in the morning, if i have to work early or not... Then I ususally eat a small sandwich, then some chicken after that. Then I might eat something thats not so good for me like some chips or somehting like that. But I also love friut so I do eat fruit here and there throughout the day. Then I eat dinner which is usuaully like chicken, rice/or potatoes, veggies. after dinner sometimes I will eat a little something after that, maybe some fruit. I have no idea how many calories I take in, Im not really into counting calories... I also take protein shakes once a day tho also...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I would focus on getting your diet down then worry about supps. Find your maintenance calories and then try to eat about 500 over to train and gain some weight. also you can look into weight gainers if you would like but food would be a better choice. You seem to still be very new to this (no worries I am not that far ahead myself!) but If you learn to eat right and train hard then you will more gains that you ever would popping some supps and doing the same things that you are doing now.
How many reps do you normally do?
How heavy? (in relation to what you can do IE. really heavy or really light for you)
I'll be back in a few for some sweet links for you to check up on

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
lol... I have always been very small... Working out is the only way I have been able to gain weight. I weight lift about 3 times a week. I try to eat pretty healthy, as much as I can and I am trying to eat more.. I eat a few small meals an also the regular breakfast and dinner. dinner is usually chicken.. actually I was training with KurtisWicked... he posts on here... But he actually just broke up with me... but thats another story. I Was doing very good going to the gym and everything, I just have to get ack into it cuz I have been gone for about 1 1/2 weeks cuz of many things that have been going on, deaths, accidnets, breakup, all at once so I have not gone for a little while. I just wanna get back on it though. I just pretty much just wanna gain weight, in muscle..

Sorry to hear that, stress can be a muscle killer. Tex and inarius are right. Get your diet pinpointed again. If you dont like counting calories, just do it once a week at least. You may be surprised how little your taking in when you are thinking your eating alot.

I hope things get better for you life was too.

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
I would focus on getting your diet down then worry about supps. Find your maintenance calories and then try to eat about 500 over to train and gain some weight. also you can look into weight gainers if you would like but food would be a better choice. You seem to still be very new to this (no worries I am not that far ahead myself!) but If you learn to eat right and train hard then you will more gains that you ever would popping some supps and doing the same things that you are doing now.
How many reps do you normally do?
How heavy? (in relation to what you can do IE. really heavy or really light for you)
I'll be back in a few for some sweet links for you to check up on
I usually do between 6-10 reps, or if i go to my max or something Ill just do as many as I can which is usually about 3 or so.
I usually start with kinda heavy then try to go a little heavier. like with bench presses I will start out kinda light then work my way up to my max then go down just a little after that. but with deadlifts, Im still going kinda light just so I can make sure my posture is correct. Its been good lately tho.

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
Sorry to hear that, stress can be a muscle killer. Tex and inarius are right. Get your diet pinpointed again. If you dont like counting calories, just do it once a week at least. You may be surprised how little your taking in when you are thinking your eating alot.

I hope things get better for you life was too.
Thanks I might have to try counting calories once in a while... Life will get better soon enough... I hope lol...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
My thoughts are...
Eat well. 500 above maintenance.
Drink at least 1 gallon of water a day
Looking into a training program. I enjoy the link I posted above. (You can check out my log in my sig.)
Find an appropriate training program for you.
Make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet. about 1gr per lb of body weight. You should probably aim for 2 gr per lb.
I suggest sticking around the forums. Reading and learning.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
If you put in the time and effort you will see results. No worries there. Just keep at it. It's a marathon and not a sprint.

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
Thank you! Ill deff. have to read those links you have. Thanks for the help

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
No prob.
Are you an endo, meso, or ecto body type?
The link I posted is geared towards some ectos and hard gainers but it is also a great beginner program. You should have some luck with it.
You can find training programs all over the place though. Just dig in and start searching! Welcome to the forum!

OliviaXX

OliviaXX

Awards
No prob.
Are you an endo, meso, or ecto body type?
The link I posted is geared towards some ectos and hard gainers but it is also a great beginner program. You should have some luck with it.
You can find training programs all over the place though. Just dig in and start searching! Welcome to the forum!
I am a true ecto cuz I cannot gain weight no matter how hard I try... Thats why Im gaining weight by having muscle... I have gained about 7 pounds since I started weight training. And that is very very good for me.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Well There are different variations on that program. There is a 3,4 and 5 day program that he made. I use the 3 day one. I tend to be rather busy and I lift enough that I feel it the next day. I suggest giving it a try and see how it works for you. Just be sure that you are eating enough and of the right things.