Glucosamine & creatinine

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I was recently asked my opinion on the creatinine raising effects from glucosamine supplementation and had no idea of a relation until googling it to be bombarded by bad-press for glucosamine.

Does anyone know if there is any merit to this? Or have a study showing one way or the other?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Bump for anyone with insight here

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was recently asked my opinion on the creatinine raising effects from glucosamine supplementation and had no idea of a relation until googling it to be bombarded by bad-press for glucosamine.

Does anyone know if there is any merit to this? Or have a study showing one way or the other?
Subbed

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
What bad press? Glucosamine is fine
I figured with how easily available it is now that it must be, but if you google that there are tons of articles and forum groups saying it raises creatinine levels.

It was a post-gastric bypass patient that brought the question up to me as her entire community was told to avoid glucosamine.

I know they have a host of different rules & restrictions to follow but both her and I were curious if there was any truth to the concern for the general healthy population.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards