HICA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    HICA


    This has really caught my eye lately and I'm looking to add it to my stack, wondering if anyone could explain it's effects better for me. I have come across seeing it used for recovery and soreness but also for better protein utilization.
    Cellucor's BCAA's caught my eye but they are pricey and I would still need to add leucine to get the amount I aim for.

    Any other product recommendations? HICA max seems like my simplest option, anyone have good results with that or another product?
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com


  2. Not to pimp, but PES Alphamine uses it specifically because of the study showing reduced fat gain and increased LBM. Cor BCAA also has a great dose of it, and I prefer it to leucine due to the direct body composition data in humans.
    •   
       

  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not to pimp, but PES Alphamine uses it specifically because of the study showing reduced fat gain and increased LBM. Cor BCAA also has a great dose of it, and I prefer it to leucine due to the direct body composition data in humans.
    Props on the CEllucor Cor BCAA shoutout here Coop
    You digging those tubs i sent ya?
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  4. PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  5. ^ What I like about this is that the patent for HICA wasn't filed until after the initial pilot study (as opposed to other studies in which the current patent holders fund it).

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Props on the CEllucor Cor BCAA shoutout here Coop
    You digging those tubs i sent ya?
    Best BCAA I've tried to date
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Coming from a R&D from a different company that speaks volume.

    Gonna have to hit you up about a PES cutting stack here soon broham. Wedding in 6 weeks!
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  7. alphamine has the studied dose in their servings from the study from what I read. Another good option is cellucor BCAA's, fine looking profile/taste on it.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    alphamine has the studied dose in their servings from the study from what I read. Another good option is cellucor BCAA's, fine looking profile/taste on it.
    You are dead on man
    3g of BA and 4g of CM + 1.5g of HICA = Serious for intra-workout
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    You are dead on man
    3g of BA and 4g of CM + 1.5g of HICA = Serious for intra-workout

    I just wish it didnt have so much BA or i'd make it a permanent staple. (I prefer to seperate my BA doses)

  10. How does alpha kic differ from hica. I took an amino acid supplement with both of those added in. Any benefit to alpha kic or any more info on it and how it compares to hica.
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    I just wish it didnt have so much BA or i'd make it a permanent staple. (I prefer to seperate my BA doses)
    Can't win em all! haha
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  12. Anyone know where I can aquire some bulk hica?
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  13. Quote Originally Posted by ericool007 View Post
    How does alpha kic differ from hica. I took an amino acid supplement with both of those added in. Any benefit to alpha kic or any more info on it and how it compares to hica.
    KIC is the ketoacid of leucine (HICA is the prime metabolite). The data on HICA is a lot more convincing as it improved body composition, but there is evidence that KIC improves recovery and nitrogen retention as well (confounded by HMB).I've run Labrada HICA Max at 4 caps a day for 2 tubs. I highly recommend it based on both HICA content and the incredible taste, but I got it on sale. I'm not sure it's fair to quantify LBM gain, but my body composition was fairly good during the period (and regressed afterwards through a combination of stress and diet, chiefly).

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Best BCAA I've tried to date
    ^This x2. Taste is off the chain and love the profile
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

  15. So...Labrada HICA-Max, Alphamine, and cellucor BCAA have it...any other brands?

    Also would there be a benefit to going above the standard dose and lastly is split dosing better than just getting the 1.5 grams at once like with two scoops of the Cellucor?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    So...Labrada HICA-Max, Alphamine, and cellucor BCAA have it...any other brands?

    Also would there be a benefit to going above the standard dose and lastly is split dosing better than just getting the 1.5 grams at once like with two scoops of the Cellucor?
    the studies point to 500mg split 3x, so thats easily done with a scoop of alphamine or cellucor bcaa at a time... or hica-max obviously.
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    ^This x2. Taste is off the chain and love the profile
    Thank you very much for your support brother.
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    the studies point to 500mg split 3x, so thats easily done with a scoop of alphamine or cellucor bcaa at a time... or hica-max obviously.
    ProSupps L-Leucine Matrix has 500mg HICA in it as well as HMB.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    ProSupps L-Leucine Matrix has 500mg HICA in it as well as HMB.
    thats also a good one, forgot about that one! loving the HICA explosion

  20. So lets just say I take two scoops of cellucor BCAA pre and get my 1.5 that way. Would it not be as beneficial? I mean I know there's probably hasn't been comparative dosing studies since its relatively new but what does the current pharmacokinetics or whatever lean towards? Like is there sny indication thst would one large bolus dose be better of worse than three split up doses?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    So lets just say I take two scoops of cellucor BCAA pre and get my 1.5 that way. Would it not be as beneficial? I mean I know there's probably hasn't been comparative dosing studies since its relatively new but what does the current pharmacokinetics or whatever lean towards? Like is there sny indication thst would one large bolus dose be better of worse than three split up doses?
    There's no data either way, but split dosing would probably be better based on our understanding of mTOR and leucine dosing.
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There's no data either way, but split dosing would probably be better based on our understanding of mTOR and leucine dosing.
    Since you know so much "Science" Coop dawg, how do you set up your diet
    Meals spaced out how far (i assume 4-6 since you understand Laynes Research)

    Just curious....
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Since you know so much "Science" Coop dawg, how do you set up your diet
    Meals spaced out how far (i assume 4-6 since you understand Laynes Research)

    Just curious....
    What I do is not "optimal" for a variety of reasons so I wouldn't really go based on my personal diet. I put greater value on work efficiency, social life, etc than I do on bodybuilding so I'm very "loose" with my diet. I'm more focused on just eating a balanced diet, eating when I'm actually hungry (rather than when I'm "craving" something), and getting some form of postworkout protein.

    What is optimal? The data is so terribly conflicting. For muscle growth, the data tends towards Layne's research of 3-4 meals per day. For fat loss, the data tends towards intermittent fasting. Since body composition is a function of both of these, it would seem like anywhere from 2-4 meals daily (3 meals a day anyone? guess your mom had it right) would be most peoples' sweet spots. The issue changes completely when on exogenous compounds.
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar

    So you would say for the majority 3 meals spaced 5-6 hours apart would be pretty optimal? What about dosing BCAA's between those major meals?
    Scivation/Primaforce Anabolic Minds Rep
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    So...Labrada HICA-Max, Alphamine, and cellucor BCAA have it...any other brands?

    Also would there be a benefit to going above the standard dose and lastly is split dosing better than just getting the 1.5 grams at once like with two scoops of the Cellucor?
    Yeah. Neogenix Bodyforge 2.0.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    So you would say for the majority 3 meals spaced 5-6 hours apart would be pretty optimal? What about dosing BCAA's between those major meals?
    I don't know about "optimal," but given how our society works, its probably the most convenient without really losing anything. BCAAs between meals have no evidence besides Layne's theories and are frankly just too much work (he recommends adding carbs too, etc...I'm not carrying around a tub/shaker/carb powder all day long).

  27. 250 Grams Unflavored
    Serving Size1Scoop(5g)
    Servings Per Container50

    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*

    L-Leucine 3000mg* **
    Calcium HMB (Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate) 1500mg* **
    HICA (Hydroxyisocaproate Calcium Salt) 500mg* **



    What yall think of this profile ???

  28. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Props on the CEllucor Cor BCAA shoutout here Coop
    You digging those tubs i sent ya?
    Great Profile, need to try that soon
  29. Post


    Quote Originally Posted by GigaPaladin View Post
    So lets just say I take two scoops of cellucor BCAA pre and get my 1.5 that way. Would it not be as beneficial? I mean I know there's probably hasn't been comparative dosing studies since its relatively new but what does the current pharmacokinetics or whatever lean towards? Like is there sny indication thst would one large bolus dose be better of worse than three split up doses?
    Wouldn't one large dose have a greater Bio-availability than smaller doses?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by mike0589 View Post
    Wouldn't one large dose have a greater Bio-availability than smaller doses?
    I'm not sure why you think that, but regardless, it's not so much about the bioavailability as it is what we know about leucine (from which HICA is a metabolite thereof). Repeated bolus spikes of plasma leucine/HICA maximize muscle protein synthesis, and there is a ceiling/threshold beyond which further plasma levels cannot augment MPS any further
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Labrada hica max
    By twizitid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM
  2. HICA
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 12:54 AM
  3. HICA?
    By jmma062803 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
  4. New hica-max update!! please read!
    By honda81 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 09:45 AM
  5. My hica-max review
    By honda81 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Log in
Log in