Oral DHEA supplementation improves recovery - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Oral DHEA supplementation improves recovery

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I feel ya, brother! I need to build a trustworthy status with a representative before I will actually give merit to their experiences. I plan on doing my own write-up for my charity, non-profit project that's for those looking to attain a better life through reliable, healthy means. I look forward to our interaction, Alwaysfirst!
    Post a link to it when you can.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

This is a good thread.

I'm 43 and have been using a 4-DHEA product for a short time now. Strength gains have been nominal to non-existent this far. However, it does appear to be leaning me out as my bodyweight (192) remains the same yet my pants are looser around the waist and my abs, serratus, etc., are more defined. Also, and perhaps more importantly to me, given my age and some other factors including a high-stess job, has been the effect on my mood and libido. I've been dosing it at 150 to 200 milligrams and I'm been feeling better than I have in a very long time. The effect in this regard is comparable to how I felt when I was pinning test in my early to mid 20s (seriously). It's a good product IMO.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Post a link to it when you can.
    Will do, alwaysfirst!
    Freedom means nothing here.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    This is a good thread.

I'm 43 and have been using a 4-DHEA product for a short time now. Strength gains have been nominal to non-existent this far. However, it does appear to be leaning me out as my bodyweight (192) remains the same yet my pants are looser around the waist and my abs, serratus, etc., are more defined. Also, and perhaps more importantly to me, given my age and some other factors including a high-stess job, has been the effect on my mood and libido. I've been dosing it at 150 to 200 milligrams and I'm been feeling better than I have in a very long time. The effect in this regard is comparable to how I felt when I was pinning test in my early to mid 20s (seriously). It's a good product IMO.
    JRam, that's awesome that you are reaping such benefits of 4-dhea. I honestly believe that the abilities of these dhea variants are great for the purposes of anti-catabolism, immune system support, slight anabolic capacity, fat loss, and 'neuro-enhancement'. I think that the dosage required for anabolic properties may be approaching the point of diminishing returns. My opinion and statement does not reflect that of any particular company or claims, but that is my personal opinion based on research, experiences, and overviews of many, many detailed user logs. When in an effective delivery system, 4-dhea seems to do just what you've reported and that seems to be the sweet spot. I'd love to get numbers to substantiate my thought that these dhea variants do not cause 'suppression' at therapeudic doses.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Dr. D good to here from you again.
    It seems like a long time! Good to see you're still around, too.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Dr. D, good to see you, again! That's awesome that you mention non-GMO, as I am working on the site www.monsantomovement.com (just purchased it a few days ago) and www.monsantoprotest.com. Most soy in the country is GMO, but NOW claims theirs is not.
    You should put the link to your new website in your sig.

Yes, I see that NOW claims to use non-GMO Soy for their lecithin. I usually use that brand, and it seems to work well. I've also started trying to use their Sunflower Lecithin when I can find it. It's darker and more raw looking than Soy, and usually a cap or two is busted in the bottle (the softgel coating is more brittle at the seam) but it's PC content appears to be about 17% higher than Soy.

Other than the anti-catabolic effects from DHEA from it's metabolites such as 7-keto-DHEA, it's effects on the brain are very awesome.
    It's good for just about everything, huh? At least the things that concern fellas like us. I once observed a guy with long-standing prostate cancer start using it daily stacked with Cholecalciferol, and 6 months later he no longer had cancer. Make of it what you may, but needless to say his doctor was dumbfounded.

I've been using the stack of FOCUS ('super' dhea and 'super' preg *enanthoxylated*), Citicoline, alpha GPC, p-serine matrix (Serinaid 20%), coq10, and a couple others... I wanted to add that recently I've tried a 5 day course of noopept and pramiracetam (15mg noopept and 200mg pram) and I'll be damned. The feeling is indescribable.
    Sounds like a potent stack indeed! I still haven't got around to trying Pramiracetam. How does it compare to others?
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRam View Post
    This is a good thread.

yeah this is def one of the proposed benefits of dhea, the reduction of stress, the military even did a study on it to see if admin to soldiers reduced their stress levels
  8. New Member

thanks for the info force!
  9. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

I've shyed away from soy because of it's potential to increase estrogen. I think it's pretty well documented that a low T/E ratio in conjunction with high levels of E2 are the primary cause of prostate cancer in men. 5-DHEA is pretty far up the hormonal stream. It can convert to a whole host of hormones including E2. Althouhgh I have taken DHEA for years I would not take without some type AI. I beleive that Cholecalciferol can work as a mild AI. I even use an AI when taking DHEA variants. I'm not completely convinced that 7-DHEA cannot convert to E2.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Awesome subjects have been kicking up the momentum in this thread! I popped on real quick to check my PMs, but I'm going to respond here in an hour. Much appreciated for the information and experiences, braskibra, Dr. D., BBB, and everyone else.
  11. New Member

I've shyed away from soy because of it's potential to increase estrogen. I think it's pretty well documented that a low T/E ratio in conjunction with high levels of E2 are the primary cause of prostate cancer in men. 5-DHEA is pretty far up the hormonal stream. It can convert to a whole host of hormones including E2. Althouhgh I have taken DHEA for years I would not take without some type AI. I beleive that Cholecalciferol can work as a mild AI. I even use an AI when taking DHEA variants. I'm not completely convinced that 7-DHEA cannot convert to E2.
    You def bring up some good points. I believe there have been a few studies on Soy that indicate it in fact does not raise E levels. Soy protein itself is a healthy source of protein with high amino levels of arginine and bcaas, plus it digests quickly. With that being said I myself prefer whey over soy protein but for those lactose intolerant soy might be an option. It does raise the question is the risk of soy elevating estrogen etc outweigh the benefits. For most people the answer is yes (risks outweigh benefits), as there are a plethora of other protein options.

Havent heard the DHEA arguement, 1/2 men experience prostate issues so anything we can do to decrease the risk of prostate issues is huge.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by braskibra View Post
    You def bring up some good points. I believe there have been a few studies on Soy that indicate it in fact does not raise E levels. Soy protein itself is a healthy source of protein with high amino levels of arginine and bcaas, plus it digests quickly. With that being said I myself prefer whey over soy protein but for those lactose intolerant soy might be an option. It does raise the question is the risk of soy elevating estrogen etc outweigh the benefits. For most people the answer is yes (risks outweigh benefits), as there are a plethora of other protein options.
    Havent heard the DHEA arguement, 1/2 men experience prostate issues so anything we can do to decrease the risk of prostate issues is huge.
    Good point about the cholecalciferol as well. Vitamin D3 increases dopamine levels and dopamine = antiprolactin hormone. I agree about the estrogenic effects of soy, so I take into account the amount of phosphatidylcholine (or whatever) and the % that it is standardized for. If something is isolated/standardized from a particular compound for mainly one consituent (ex. soy lecithin standardized to 50% p-choline), then the other percent that's not standardized may contain certain other consituents that bring unwelcome effects.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    You should put the link to your new website in your sig.

Yes, I see that NOW claims to use non-GMO Soy for their lecithin. I usually use that brand, and it seems to work well. I've also started trying to use their Sunflower Lecithin when I can find it. It's darker and more raw looking than Soy, and usually a cap or two is busted in the bottle (the softgel coating is more brittle at the seam) but it's PC content appears to be about 17% higher than Soy.

It's good for just about everything, huh? At least the things that concern fellas like us. I once observed a guy with long-standing prostate cancer start using it daily stacked with Cholecalciferol, and 6 months later he no longer had cancer. Make of it what you may, but needless to say his doctor was dumbfounded.

Sounds like a potent stack indeed! I still haven't got around to trying Pramiracetam. How does it compare to others?
    Dr. D., there are several great points that you bring up that could spawn numerous threads by themselves and end up leading us down a rabit hole that would bring about some 'existential' discussion. Cancer is 'cureable' by all outward definitions. Many individuals, such as myself at one point in time being younger and naive, would think, "wouldn't it be great if we keep pumping money into these universities that have a Western-philosophical methodology, and maybe one day there will be a magic cancer vaccine?" I am going to state my personal opinion in conclusion to my views on Western medicine. There is no $money$ in curing a disease. The American Psychiatric Association has a quantum methodology. They even change their name with the times since being around for over a century and a half, beginning as the American Association of Superintendants for the Mentally Insane. They create a disease/disorder and then create a treatment for that disorder. For example, Paxil was being tested for FDA trials before the APA even created 'social anxiety disorder', for which Paxil was approved to 'treat'. The treatment eventually stops working, such as what they call a 'poop out' when antidepressants no longer mask the depression. A new medication is created or an old one is revived and put through another patent process to increase the cost of non-generic medication (ex. Abilify).

As for nootropics in general, before I give my experience with pramiracetam, I want to add somethings. Before administering a nootropic and judging it's effects, you know as much or more than anyone Dr. D., the importance of due diligence on the source of the nootropic and having a dietary and supplemental foundation that is in place for the nootropic to deliver the beneficial results. Checking the CoA and making sure the dates and batch number match up with the origin and doing homework on the 3rd party analytical company is tantamount. I taste the powder with a fingertip to tongue, much like Pablo Escobar would with cocaine. For example, if a tiny dab of noopept doesn't burn my gums, it's not noopept.

As nootropics are of course not treatments or cures for dietary insufficiency, they will most likely elicit the negative side effects (brain fog, anxiety, etc). If one is trying to justify an attack dose of 900mg of pramiracetam, they are missing the boat entirely; They're not even on the docks. Pramiracetam with my brain chemistry gives a sense of serenity, as well as enhanced clarity of thought and some creativity. Some people report that pramiracetam 'numbs emotions'. I do not find this the case in my situation. Combined with noopept, the combination gives a 'peppier' thought process without the need to hesitate out of confusion or fear. I have a phobia of snakes. I have had night terrors of being dropped in a snake pit like Indiana Jones and my skin would crawl as they surrounded me. A few weeks ago I was holding an albino python and a boa, my pulse did not raise nor spike. As with any racetam, it enhances the effects of other racetams and I find that the required dose to elicit such effects need be lowered accordingly. I use the smallest dose possible and will take both on an empty stomach with the lecithin and now I am going to add a tablespoon of coconut oil a few minutes prior to get some fats in the GI tract and MCTs in the bloodstream (I take it anyways).
  14. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Cancer is like a snowball rolling down a hill. It increases in size and gains momentum with time. Therefore the earlier you catch it the better your chances of curing it. There is not a lot of information on cancer prevention. Just basically eat right and exercise but there are naturally occurring substances that that can help prevent it from occurring. One of the best is B17. It is heavily used for both prevention and treatment in most countries outside the US. My family and I have taken it for years. Read the book "A World Without Cancer". The drug companies are not interested in preventing cancer they make their money by treating it. D3, IC3, a good AI for hormonal cancers in both men and women and a whole host of antioxidants will also help.
  15. New Member

did you guys just see that!!!???! it was the thread flying over my head

great posts all around btw
  16. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So we're turning this into anti-evidence based medicine again? What do you mean there's no money in curing a disease? The first company to make a cure for cancer will be rich beyond their wildest dreams. Unless, of course, it's all one big conspiracy and every single drug company has agreed to withhold the release of a cancer cure.

That antidepressants don't always work is a testament to the plasticity of the brain, not the inability (or lack of desire) of pharmaceutical companies to make an effective drug. You can also thank Western medicine for the fact that you're still alive. But hey, vaccines prevent diseases, so that's probably a hoax too
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Anyway, these discussions are rather worthless. Naturopaths won't change their opinions, just as I won't change mine. So carry on!
  18. New Member

did anyone see the AM newsletter today

There was a study done on mice who were genetically altered to develop prostate CA. Half were fed with a diet of soy and tomatos and half were not, the group that were fed the soy and tomato diet were much less likely to develop prostate ca, all the mice in the control group did

thought it was interesting considering our topic of soy and prostate ca
  19. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    So we're turning this into anti-evidence based medicine again? What do you mean there's no money in curing a disease? The first company to make a cure for cancer will be rich beyond their wildest dreams. Unless, of course, it's all one big conspiracy and every single drug company has agreed to withhold the release of a cancer cure.

That antidepressants don't always work is a testament to the plasticity of the brain, not the inability (or lack of desire) of pharmaceutical companies to make an effective drug. You can also thank Western medicine for the fact that you're still alive. But hey, vaccines prevent diseases, so that's probably a hoax too
    im all for western med but arguing over this stuff is pointless haha
  20. Diamond Member

im all for western med but arguing over this stuff is pointless haha
    Agreed. I just get a little mad sometimes because I know people who have dedicated their lives to solving many of these issues. Sure, every business including healthcare has cheats, but I think it's extremely unfair how people make these unfounded and demeaning claims about western medicine. Imagine if I went around saying that police officers are murderers based on a few bad apples. Or that teachers purposely act in the worst interest of the student based on a few experiences with teachers who were unfair to me. I don't think people in those professions would be too happy to see my say that either
  21. New Member

Agreed. I just get a little mad sometimes because I know people who have dedicated their lives to solving many of these issues. Sure, every business including healthcare has cheats, but I think it's extremely unfair how people make these unfounded and demeaning claims about western medicine. Imagine if I went around saying that police officers are murderers based on a few bad apples. Or that teachers purposely act in the worst interest of the student based on a few experiences with teachers who were unfair to me. I don't think people in those professions would be too happy to see my say that either
    I understand why u get upset, but lifes too short to let things like that bother you ya know. Everyone has an opinion and they re entitled to that whether you agree or disagree. No point in letting things get to you. I respect your opinion and I respect force of greens, both of you are very intelligent individuals who have different views on one subject, when in the grand scheme of things im sure you two probably have alot more in common than differences
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Mr. Cooper, I have no interest in arguing with you nor debating with you on this. My demeanor is calm, my attitude and thoughts are progressive and I have an open mind. You stated that you will not change your way of thinking, therefore the inability or the lack of will/desire to be open to change suggests a narrow-minded thought process. Congratulations to your friends who dedicate themselves to solving the issues Mr. Cooper. My statement was not an attack on you, the good doctors out there who respect the medicine they prescribe and don't abuse the patients, or your friends. My statements do not reflect those of Andro Factory or it's affiliates. Please drop the subject and move on.
  23. New Member

Anyone have thoughts on soy reducing prostate ca when used in conjunction w tomato
  24. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

If PES discovered a pill to cure cancer what do you think would happen to the economy world wide? PES might be rich but the economy would be in a huge mess. Controlling any disease is where the big money is at. You're on medication the rest of your life.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

If PES discovered a pill to cure cancer what do you think would happen to the economy world wide? PES might be rich but the economy would be in a huge mess. Controlling any disease is where the big money is at. You're on medication the rest of your life.
    Exactly. Why give someone a 'magic cancer cure', when you can lock them into chemotherapy for several increments of 4 years at a pop. I'd rather die healthy at 60 than to live to 75+, spending time debilitated in a hospital getting chemotherapy as the cost exceeds what my insurance will pay (if I have it) while all my assets go into collections to make up for the bill.
  26. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Exactly. Why give someone a 'magic cancer cure', when you can lock them into chemotherapy for several increments of 4 years at a pop. I'd rather die healthy at 60 than to live to 75+, spending time debilitated in a hospital getting chemotherapy as the cost exceeds what my insurance will pay (if I have it) while all my assets go into collections to make up for the bill.
    Unfortunately cancer treatment is a huge industry. I read an article by a doctor several years ago stating that we have to quickly find a cure for AIDS before it's treatment became an industry of it's own.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Unfortunately cancer treatment is a huge industry. I read an article by a doctor several years ago stating that we have to quickly find a cure for AIDS before it's treatment became an industry of it's own.
    Good point, BBB. More disease = more untapped markets.
  28. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good point, BBB. More disease = more untapped markets.
    Man I hope it's not really like this.
  29. New Member

I think of it as the exact opposite. You have millions of people with all these comorbidities such as diabetes, obesity, cancer, parkinsons. These diseases limit work capabilities, spending, productivity and our taxes pay for their bills which hinders economic growth. Not to mention the vast differences between CA types, its highly doubtful one drug etc will cure all types or even multiple types. Medical patents last I think 5 years, drug companies only really make big money in those years then generics come out and profits are so so. There is plenty of so called fish in the sea as far as chronic illnesses, simply curing one isn't going to threaten insurance companies. Pharm companies are the ones making the bank anyways,not most insurance companies ( pending your plan profit v non profit).
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

I think of it as the exact opposite. You have millions of people with all these comorbidities such as diabetes, obesity, cancer, parkinsons. These diseases limit work capabilities, spending, productivity and our taxes pay for their bills which hinders economic growth. Not to mention the vast differences between CA types, its highly doubtful one drug etc will cure all types or even multiple types. Medical patents last I think 5 years, drug companies only really make big money in those years then generics come out and profits are so so. There is plenty of so called fish in the sea as far as chronic illnesses, simply curing one isn't going to threaten insurance companies. Pharm companies are the ones making the bank anyways,not most insurance companies ( pending your plan profit v non profit).
    braskibra, I'm with you in it that I see more logic in your way. Patents can be extended by simply marketing something for a different purpose, such in the case of buproprion. People who smoked cigarettes and took the atypical antidepressant 'Wellbutrin' were likely to at least cut down on cigarettes, if not quit entirely. They'd be dependant on the med, but oh well. Revive buproprion as a treatment for smokers and call it Zyban, extend the patent. Slightly modifying the molecule and marketing the drug for the same purpose is another way, as with the old drug 'Provigil' and the new drug 'Nuvigil'.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggero View Post
    Man I hope it's not really like this.
    Jiggero, I hope that there is real change, fast. There is a good life to be lived for those who are aware and lucid.
  32. New Member

Yeah man its always good to have discussion even if opinions shud differ, it stimulates food for thought

I guess the way I see it:
    Insurance companies: want people healthy, more people healthy means they make more simple as that. They don't want chronic diseases around as they are the ones flipping the bill for it. They make their money on people like us, healthy and don't use our insurance for much.

Pharm companies: Want whatever product their vested in to be used. I think this is where your point earlier stated applies, I believe in a free market where competition creates the drives for cures. If one pharm comp can produce say a cure for breast ca, while simultaneously decreasing a ***** comapinies profits then there's no doubt in my mind the product would be brought to light.
  33. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Did you know that breast cancer rates can be cut by as much as 77% by supplemental vitamin D3 (Dr. Mercola <jm@mercola.com>)? I3C can help even further by controlling E2. And then there is supplemental iodine. People who have large amouts of iodine in their diets don't get breast cancer. Is anyone other than the supplement industry extoling the virtues of vitaman supplementation? We need to keep this industry free of government regulations as much as possible. Unfortunately unscrupulous suppliers are going to ruin it for all of us.
  34. New Member

Yes vitamin D is an interesting topic in prevention of ca, new evidence is promising and hopefully clinical trials will be initiated soon. Many types of ca rates can be reduced by simply exercising. I agree the FDA bans so many items that are just unnecessary, 6 oxo and atd come to mind. Unfortunately I think the oversight of our industry is only going to get worse.
  35. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Enough of the quackery.

Return the thread back to the original discussion or it will be closed. This forum is for scientific evidence based discussions. If you choose to talk about psudeoscience and have anti-pharma/government rants then please take it the a different forum.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Enough of the quackery.

Return the thread back to the original discussion or it will be closed. This forum is for scientific evidence based discussions. If you choose to talk about psudeoscience and have anti-pharma/government rants then please take it the a different forum.
    This started out as a really good thread but has now turned into something entirely different.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Interesting article from a medical news site on DHEA and vitamin D:
    Taking a DHEA supplement combined with vitamin D and calcium can significantly improve spinal bone density in older women, according to a new study from a Saint Louis University scientist and his colleagues at Washington University.

"The results of our study are very promising. Similar studies have demonstrated much smaller benefits for bone than we found. However, calcium and vitamin D deficiencies, which are present in half of older adults, may have prevented DHEA from improving bone density in the earlier studies," said Edward Weiss, Ph.D., associate professor of nutrition and dietetics at Saint Louis University's Doisy College of Health Sciences and lead author of the study.
    "In our study, we supplemented all participants with calcium and vitamin D to ensure that deficiencies were not present. This may explain why our study showed more favorable effects on bone density."
    DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), a naturally occurring steroid hormone produced in theadrenal gland, gonads and brain, decreases with age. According to Weiss, low DHEA concentration has been associated with low bone density, which lead researchers to question whether restoring DHEA levels could improve or preserve bone health.
    The two-year study divided men and women, ages 65 to 75 years old, into two groups. The first group received the DHEA supplement, vitamin D and calcium for two years. The control group received a placebo, vitamin D and calcium for the first year and then received the DHEA supplement the second year in place of the placebo.
    The effects of the treatment differed for men and women. After the first year, women in the test group experienced an approximate 2 percent increase in bone density, while women in the control group did not see an increase. After the second year when both groups took the DHEA supplement, women in the test group experienced an additional 2 percent increase for a total of approximately 4 percent, while women who switched from placebo to DHEA also experienced an approximate 2 percent increase.
    The same treatment, however, did not offer similar benefits for older men. Instead, men in both the test and control groups experienced a 1 to 2 percent increase in spinal bone density. According to researchers, the results suggest that vitamin D and calcium supplements, which were give to both groups, could be responsible for the increase in bone density.
    The results of the study are promising for older women. According to Weiss, patients who achieve similar increases of 2 to 4 percent in spinal bone density with the help of medication experience a 30 to 50 percent reduction in risk of spine fractures.
    Further, researchers say that the increase in spinal bone density experienced by women in the test group who took DHEA for two years, is at least as effective as other current therapies including estrogen and bisphosphonates, a class of prescription drugs that increases bone density.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Continued...
    However, like other therapies, the benefits of DHEA supplements were limited to spinal bone density. Neither men nor women experienced an improvement in hip bone density. Weiss says the hip may respond more slowly to bone-enhancing therapies than the spine, thus requiring more time to see a beneficial effect. More research is needed though."In addition to its beneficial effects on bone, DHEA replacement may have other benefits including improvements in risk factors for diabetes and heart disease, improvements in immune function, and improvements in psychological health," Weiss said.
    While the research findings are promising, Weiss says that people should consult with their doctor before taking DHEA, which is an over-the-counter dietary supplement.
    "Although DHEA is generally considered safe for consumption at 50 mg per day, it increases estrogen and testosterone levels which in turn could increase cancer risk," Weiss explained. "Therefore, DHEA supplementation should be avoided in men and women who have had cancer or who have a strong family history of cancer until further research can establish whether or not it is safe for these individuals."
    The study was funded with grants from the NIH, NIH General Clinical Research Center and NIH Clinical Nutrition Research Unit. Findings were published in the May 2009 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
    Study coauthors include Krupa Shah, Luigi Fontana, Charles P. Lambert, John O. Holloszy and Dennis Villareal.
    http://medschool.slu.edu/
  39. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

DHEA supplementation seems to have it's greatest benefits for people over 50. LEF has a lot of good information DHEA supplementation and benefits.
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

... What do you mean there's no money in curing a disease? The first company to make a cure for cancer will be rich beyond their wildest dreams. ...
    Reminds me of a old movie scene from an 80s flick, I think it was James Earl Jones in the movie Coming to America. He was a rich African businessman at a party talking with some other rich US businessmen. One of these men had done some business with his enterprise, and didn't realize until they'd started talking. Anyway, James said something to the effect that 'My company discovered a cure for the common cold, and your company paid me for it.' Then the other guy says 'Ohh, we paid you for the cure?' And James says 'No. You paid me to keep my mouth shut!' It was just a stupid movie, but I never forgot that scene or the look on the other guy's face, lol.

Of course there is big money in cures, Cooper, and many pharma companies are crazy rich. Did they make all their money pushing pills? I don't know, I don't sit on their board, but perhaps there is more money to be had sitting on that cure rather than marketing it? I have a passion for medicinal chemistry and pharmacology just like you, but perhaps we should be defending that, and not be so naive or presumptuous to think we can reason like billion dollar businessmen reason. It doesn't take a mind for conspiracy to recognize that big companies have different motivations than do guys like most of us, know what I mean?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Does DHEA supplementation have any impact on the HPTA?
    By BigAk in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 07:11 AM
  2. Dangers of DHEA Supplements
    By Viperspit in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 02:29 AM
  3. Transdermal/oral CUTTING SUPPLEMENT NEEDED!!
    By IronMind in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 09:10 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 11:08 PM
  5. does DHEA prevent LH recovery PCT?
    By Anarchy939 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 09:09 PM