1,3 Dimethyl...friend or foe?

DKPhysiqueAX

DKPhysiqueAX

Awards
This CN stimulant has always given me really bad shakes and anxiety. I have experience with everything from ECA to clen and have honestly never had as much of an issue with these products as I have with something like jack3d or oxyelite. Anyone else share this experience or care to throw their 2 cents in?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have a very different response to DMAA (smooth energy). The "strength" of the stim doesn't really matter, experience-wise. DMAA is a releasing agent for NE whereas ephedrine and clen are beta agonists.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I thought ephedra was more closely tied to the epinephrine route?

DKPhysiqueAX

DKPhysiqueAX

Awards
i consider 1,3d one of those friends that plays fuked up pranks on you. cuz itll get you going... for awhile. then. well, TIMBERRRR
Haha couldn't agree more. It DEFINITELY gets you going but after about 20 mins after the initial dose I feel like I am literally going to die. I break out into cold sweats and shakes like its no ones business!

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I thought ephedra was more closely tied to the epinephrine route?
Well I don't see how you'd get to E without NE. Ephedrine definitely has releasing properties as well, but unlike 1,3D, it can actually agonize the b-2-receptor.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Hmmm.. i respond quite well to 1,3..... i was taking 4 caps ed of OEP alongside 4 caps AT2 both split into 2 doses... it was insane how much fat i lost in a matter of a few weeks, was def glad i was "on" at the time otherwise I'm certain I'd of burnt up muscle too.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
OT would be an E/NE release not just one or the other. I never knew it to be a beta agonist

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
OT would be an E/NE release not just one or the other. I never knew it to be a beta agonist
What is OT? If you mean ephedrine, yeah, its primary fat loss/muscle-sparing/ergogenic modality is actually direct b-2 agonism. Without such activity, it would be more of an energy/appetite aid without much real merit in the realm of true body composition changes.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hmmm.. i respond quite well to 1,3..... i was taking 4 caps ed of OEP alongside 4 caps AT2 both split into 2 doses... it was insane how much fat i lost in a matter of a few weeks, was def glad i was "on" at the time otherwise I'm certain I'd of burnt up muscle too.
1,3D isn't much of a lipolytic agent, but the heavy dose of alpha-yohimbine + caffeine probably helped you quite a bit.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually enjoy 1,3dim quite a bit. It gives me pretty smooth energy. Sometimes it can come on strong and lean towards that anxious feeling for me if I take it in too high of a dose, but that only lasts for just a little bit and I calm down. Hell, I even enjoy that part a little bit. I also do not get a crashing feeling afterwards. Though, I consume stupid amounts of caffeine all day long so that could be offsetting it lol. My current regimen is including OEP, Methyl Syn, TTA, RK, and caffeine and I am loving every bit of it.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am a big fan of 1,3-dmaa. I used to use it for studying since I didn't know about nootropics back in college. It hits a little hard (I get this "tunneling" effect), it lasts hours for me, and I usually only ever notice that the effects are gone if I really think about it. That is, I don't feel any crash at all. Also, unlike others, this stuff can actually make me pretty horny. It does not negatively affect my libido.

DKPhysiqueAX

DKPhysiqueAX

Awards
For those of you that have tried both EC/ECA and 1,3...do you have a preference? I personally swear by eca, I like to do 3 weeks on followed by 1 week stim free during my 12 week prep. I have noticed that the down time really helps keep the effect of the ephedrine coming back each time but is short enough that I dont experience any really substantial energy crashes in my off time. like i said before 1,3 strictly makes me feel like sh*t and I didnt notice any additional aid in regards to fat loss

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Ohh ok. Yeah I meant ephedra I dunno how I typed that. Stupid phone, I should edit it but you corrected me.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
For those of you that have tried both EC/ECA and 1,3...do you have a preference? I personally swear by eca, I like to do 3 weeks on followed by 1 week stim free during my 12 week prep. I have noticed that the down time really helps keep the effect of the ephedrine coming back each time but is short enough that I dont experience any really substantial energy crashes in my off time. like i said before 1,3 strictly makes me feel like sh*t and I didnt notice any additional aid in regards to fat loss
As stated earlier, it's not even close. ECA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1,3D

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Agreed

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
1,3 D can be your enemy and it can be your friend. However, I feel for it to be your friend you should use it conjunction with naringin and subultiamine. If used in conjunction with those two I have personally had to deal with the crash caused by 1,3 D. Additionally, the effects of 1,3 D are heightened with that combo added in. As for scientific reasons as to why...the only science I can offer for naringin is that helps to extend the half life of 1,3 D and at least in my experience the sulbutiamine helps to offset any anxiety of shakes and helps the energy feel more smooth and tends to help produce a more euphoric type feeling.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
i prefer NYC over ECA.
im pretty resistant to stimulants. maybe thats why i dont crash on 1,3.
I like 1,3 but i dont use it everytime i hit the gym.
i have a few different pre workout concoctions, i dont like taking the same thing day in day out.

if your goal is fat loss, i have no clue what role 1,3 plays in that
but i personally feel the old fashioned exercise + diet is still the best at changing your body composition.
oh and maybe ursolic acid, i have to throw it in there, that is my new favorite thing

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I like DMAA only bad thing about it is it can kill a woody, gettin intimate with the wife I look down wtf get back up there. fortunately thanks to a shipping error I have tadalifil on hand and that takes care of the boner problem

proteinftw

Awards
the stim effect i experienced from 1-3 was slim to none for me..
i felt like **** the next day or two and i completely blame that ingredient. stay away

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the stim effect i experienced from 1-3 was slim to none for me..
i felt like **** the next day or two and i completely blame that ingredient. stay away
Everybody is going to respond differently to supplements. The 1,3 may have been a bad experience for you but for others it does wonders.

jman245

Awards
I like DMAA only bad thing about it is it can kill a woody, gettin intimate with the wife I look down wtf get back up there. fortunately thanks to a shipping error I have tadalifil on hand and that takes care of the boner problem
I read some where that this did affect some people in bed ,I'm one of them.I used oep ,on the NF oep to rid this problem

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
I recently read something saying 13, dimeth will effect your v02 max

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
1,3 dmaa working wonders for me..
Don't get any of the nausea or anything like that and I've been on A LOT of 1,3.. I stacked OEP and jack3d lol

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosemont, from all your posts I'm reading about your super high heart rate and stims your stacking, I wonder if we're going to be reading about you as the reason they banned another supplement? Don't you think it's time to get off the stims before you seriously hurt yourself? Good luck sir I think you're going to need it.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Rosemont, from all your posts I'm reading about your super high heart rate and stims your stacking, I wonder if we're going to be reading about you as the reason they banned another supplement? Don't you think it's time to get off the stims before you seriously hurt yourself? Good luck sir I think you're going to need it.
No I won't get them banned.. even if something did happen to me I wouldn't be pointing fingers at the stims..
I couldn't do that to you guys.. lol

And like I said in my other posts I'll be switching my stack soon this was just like a jump start..

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I won't get them banned.. even if something did happen to me I wouldn't be pointing fingers at the stims..
I couldn't do that to you guys.. lol

And like I said in my other posts I'll be switching my stack soon this was just like a jump start..
You missed my point. Not worried about a stupid supplement being banned. I'm worried you will hurt yourself on these stims. I hope you are going to live up to your promise of switching things and reducing or eliminating stim stacks.

TurnKey

TurnKey

Awards
I recently read something saying 13, dimeth will effect your v02 max
Do you recall where your read that? I do a VO2 max workout 2x week and I just started Iforce maximize Intense.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Do you recall where your read that? I do a VO2 max workout 2x week and I just started Iforce maximize Intense.
Ill try to look this up for ya and post in here

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
no bad effect on me. varies from person to person