the most under-rated performance enhancing supplement is....

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    I am jealous of Judo Josh avatar
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Interesting; I watched your video on Betaine; did you ever hypothesize as to why the data was mixed in human trials?
    A few reasons, I think. The two body comp studies that found no results did not include an exercise program. I think if the subjects had been training there would be a different results.

With regards to the performance trials, we can look to differences in training protocols, as the ones that included some sort of training saw better results. There was one that found no improvements, but they did performance testing 5 days after supplementation stopped. I think we need more research to really get an idea of what it's good for and not useful for.

3. I believe they may be yet another benefit - and would like your thoughts.

When I take certain powered supplements, mixed in water, on an empty stomach - sometime thereafter I may get a certain emergent need to rush to the bathroom. This was the case with DAA, and I have had similar results with Arginine base. With DAA, I found that mixing the DAA with baking soda GREATLY reduced this. I am now (as of today) introducing a small amount (0.5 gr) of baking soda into my empty stomach mix, and hope to see the same benefit as I did with DAA.

Any thoughts???
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I believe they may be yet another benefit - and would like your thoughts.

When I take certain powered supplements, mixed in water, on an empty stomach - sometime thereafter I may get a certain emergent need to rush to the bathroom. This was the case with DAA, and I have had similar results with Arginine base. With DAA, I found that mixing the DAA with baking soda GREATLY reduced this. I am now (as of today) introducing a small amount (0.5 gr) of baking soda into my empty stomach mix, and hope to see the same benefit as I did with DAA.

Any thoughts???
    If I recall correctly, mixing DAA with sodium bicarbonate creates a new compound. So you may just be reacting differently to the Na-DAA

5. Have to try mixing it with d-pol.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Synthesis View Post
    I've been using chlorella for a few years pre workout because of its alkalizing effect but recently I been taking a higher dose with my pre workout meal and I feel that its worked better. Gonna try taking some baking soda with that pre workout meal, pre workout and maybe some intra. To see if that can prevent the stomach issues

Yuck! When I was a kid my mom forced me to eat that stuff....NASTY!!

7. Quote Originally Posted by broken bottle View Post
    Have to try mixing it with d-pol.
    Why? DPol is already Na-DAA.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Didn't know that.

9. From a well researched / well documented point of view (as opposed to anecdotal), Transdermal Magnesium Chloride seems to be the single most underrated supplement. I rarely hear it discussed however its necessity for proper biological functioning is remarkable.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Isnt ease of digestion the only difference though.
    WWW.ANDRO FACTORY.COM
    Use NADDANME for a 15% discount or PM me for current discounts

11. Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post

Possibly.

The study showing the test increase used Na-DAA, so its possible that regular DAA isn't absorbed well enough to have the desired effect.

12. Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    Hopefully. Im running an experiment with USPlabs Test Powder starting today to mitigate GI irritation associated with uncapped DAA. Starting with 0.5tsp and working up to 1.0. Crossing my fingers for efficient efficacy...
    Independent Review

13. Quote Originally Posted by NADDANME View Post
    The improved solubility translates into more DAA uptake from the gut. This results in less water entering the gut (osmosis), simultaneously improving DAA delivery and reducing GI issues.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

14. Quote Originally Posted by Raize View Post
    From a well researched / well documented point of view (as opposed to anecdotal), Transdermal Magnesium Chloride seems to be the single most underrated supplement. I rarely hear it discussed however its necessity for proper biological functioning is remarkable.
    i take magnesium chelate from albion. its a staple of mine but ive never tried transdermal magnesium....

15. Shilajit

16. Another cheap/effective thing to add to the regimen

17. has anyone else played around with baking soda?

18. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    has anyone else played around with baking soda?
    lots back in the days for a specific reason. The ole 80s

19. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    has anyone else played around with baking soda?
    I've been dosing 0.3mg/kg 90 minutes before strength training and have noticed an increase in force and noticeable delay in time to fatigue.

I think it's great for hypertrophy as well as strength. The only bummer is waiting 90 minutes. This isn't especially optimal for those early training sessions :/
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep
    Use code "engineer" for 15% off!
    www.ironforgednutrition.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by The Engineer View Post
    I've been dosing 0.3mg/kg 90 minutes before strength training and have noticed an increase in force and noticeable delay in time to fatigue.

I think it's great for hypertrophy as well as strength. The only bummer is waiting 90 minutes. This isn't especially optimal for those early training sessions :/

Baking soda does work pretty well but I'm not so sure its something you can use regularly without messing up your stomach. Lol the burps are the best though :P

21. you can do serial loading, splitting that dose in to 3-4 x day. Showed same performance benefits and less gi problems.

22. Willpower.

23. FOOD
    TGB SUPPLEMENTS REP
    www.tgbsupplements.com
    Get FREE SHIPPING on initial orders over $49 with coupon code 'AMSHIP'

24. Quote Originally Posted by TeamTGB View Post
    FOOD
    Food is not considered a supplement.

25. When I get down to less than 6% bf, on low carbs (relatively), and feel like death from all the stims I have found a baking soda, beta-alanine stack pretty invaluable to get me through workouts. It's about the only time of the year I really care to supplement BA.

There is some research on this stack with varying results.
    http://www.prohormonepodcast.com/sup...rbonate-stack/
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

26. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    When I get down to less than 6% bf, on low carbs (relatively), and feel like death from all the stims I have found a baking soda, beta-alanine stack pretty invaluable to get me through workouts. It's about the only time of the year I really care to supplement BA.

There is some research on this stack with varying results.
    http://www.prohormonepodcast.com/sup...rbonate-stack/
    nice review piece there

Similar Forum Threads

1. NADH-“THE” Performance Enhancing Supplement?
    By BigGunn in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 06:43 AM
  2. For the next few hours Perform and Motivate is $19.99
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 03:45 PM
  3. The Most Effective Improve Memory Vitamin Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
  4. The Glove - new athletic performance enhancer