Steveo is lighting up with JP8 (And recomping with Recreate)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recreate (Spons.) & JP8 & Swell (NON-Spon.)- no BS, no excuses

This will be a 4 week run of Get Diesel's JP8 (Not sponsored), in addition to a Recreate I got from Dex to run a log of. I am on poor internet right now, but I will give a brief intro. The reason for the title is in the past I've found I've been lacking focus & determination in the gym. I'm hoping JP8 will give me that edge I've been missing in the gym that will allow me train harder.

JP8 (792 Grams) By: Get Diesel
Training Intensity | Pumps | Energy | Mental Focus | Strength | Lean Muscle Mass | Recovery

The time has finally come for a change in the Pre-workout Energy/Nitric Oxide product market with the introduction of JP8™. JP8 is a hybrid product of NOS ETHER™ and Ready4War™. You may or may not be familiar with these two products but the only thing you need to know is they work and work very well and are well respected in their respected categories of strength/ATP products (NOS ETHER) and pre-workout energizers (Ready4War). JP8 combines the key attributes of both these products producing the most powerful, hardest hitting Nitric Oxide/Pre-workout Energizing product on the market!!

Recreate (90 caps) By: USPLabs
Fat-Burning Extraordinaire!

IntroI've used 4 bottles Get Diesel's DTH: Two runs of apparently the same formula, although with quite differing results. The 2nd time I was switching up my creatine and had a stressful time going on, so I didn't notice much from DTH except a libido drop when I hit 6caps/day, but on my first run I was generally impressed with the mental focus it gave me and the extra alpha-male sense.

As far as recreate goes, I myself haven't used it but both my sister and good friend have and quite enjoyed it. I finished a cut on Napalm and have used fat-loss products like Dialene, Sesamin etc. With the Recreate I will be running Primaforce's Sesamin, Green Tea & Raspberry Ketones (Self-Capped) and Nutracap CLA.
Diet
I will be doing a 40 carbs/30 pro/ 30 fat diet. Daily cals around 2700- I vary my calorie intake depending on my activity obviously.
My typical day looks like this:

6:30 AM: 1 Recreate, 1 AP, 1 Steveo Cap
7 AM: 130g OatBran, 1 Scoop ATW Cinnabun, 1 Cup Berries
7:45: JP8
8:30-10:30 Gym, BCAA's, Glutamine & BA peri-WO
10:30- Wholefood Meal w/out Fat (Chicken Wrap, Porridge again)
1:30 Protein & Fats meal w/ Veggies, 2 Recreate
4:00- Pro & Fat Meal
7:00- Omelette... Always lol. I should take a pic of this beast
9:00: ZMA
10:00 Pre-Bed Casein/Cottage Cheese

Training :Will be a continuation of the GVT I started before going on my vacation. That's 10x10 program for you not familiar, with a slightly tweaked format of 4 lifting days to 1 off day.

Day 1- Chest & Back Supersetted
Day 2- Leg & Abs
Day 3- Cardio
Day 4- Shoulders
Day 5- Deadlifts

Supplements:
NOW Adam
Primaforce ZMA
Primaforce Sesathin (1/4tsp 3x/day)
NutraPlanet CLA (4g/day)
Nimbus Nutrition Swell (2xDay)
Steveo's Green Tea/Coleus/Raspberry Ketone/Grapeseed Extract) Caps 3x Daily (300mg,100mg,100mg,100mg)
Vitamin C (4g/day)
Omega-3's (~2-3g EPA & DHA /day)
USP Labs' Anabolic Pump (2x day)
USP Labs' Recreate (3 caps/day) *Sponsored*
Get Diesel JP8 ~4/week
NutraPlanet Creatine Monohydrate (On off days)
NutraPlanet Beta Alanine (4g/day)
CoQ10 (60mg/day)
Scivation Xtend + NutraPlanet BCAA's & Leucine Intra-Workout

Goals: I have got myself to about 10%. My goal is to stay at this bf %, while adding lean body mass. I will be doing HIIT sprints after my workouts except leg days, and will do 20 mins of slow cardio after my leg workout. On my "off " day, I will do 50-60 minutes of elliptical, unless I feel I am overtraining in which case I will take the day off. To achieve fat loss while still being in a caloric surplus, I will try and promote fat burning via HIIT, and through Sesamin/GTE/CLA & Recreate. I feel with the carbs properly loaded before & after my workouts, I should be able to keep the fat gain to a minimum. In the end, I would rather gain some fat that I can easily lose in the future instead of limiting my gains by not consuming enough calories.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub

Also on your 2nd try at DTH didnt you say you were taking 1 tab 6x/day.
Yup, I will elaborate on that more when I get back from the gym but 6 doses of 1cap at a time didn't seem to kick in strong enough. I was thinking about doing another bottle of DTH with this log, but I don't want it to start turning into too many things at once. I might run it at 4 or 5 caps/day for the 30 days though.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
good luck w/this run steve. looks like it should be a good combo!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck w/this run steve. looks like it should be a good combo!
Thanks Hank. JP8's ingredient profile looked amazing, and I know Chuck doesn't sponsor too many logs so I wanted to give you guys a good detailed review of the product. It's got Mg Creatine which I liked in GM, Stevia, Minerals in the krebs cycle forms (not oxide like many others have) ... I could go on and on lol :)

I'll probably buy some Crystal Light Pink Lemonade packets to sprinkle in and see how the taste can be improved, although in the end I don't buy pre-WO stuff because they taste good .

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i'm most curious to hear how JP8 is for you.
chuck does make good stuff!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like there's some Get Diesel haters out there. Someone gave JP8 a 1/5 star on NP, and didn't even leave a review which makes me think they didn't even purchase it. Perhaps the taste scared them away, if they even did buy it.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Looks like there's some Get Diesel haters out there. Someone gave JP8 a 1/5 star on NP, and didn't even leave a review which makes me think they didn't even purchase it. Perhaps the taste scared them away, if they even did buy it.
yeah i saw that......a-holes.....if u gonna give a good rating or bad rating at least review it.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed up in here.......

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I be here. The party can start now :djparty:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout: Legs
10x10 of Leg Presses, reaching only 9 reps on the last 2.
Acessory: BB Lunges & Calf Presses

JP8-
Taste: Usually I wait a week to give my taste review to let the product grow on me/get tired of it etc. However I really doubt I will grow to like JP8; like others have mentioned it reminds me of a not-well masked Arginine Ethyl Ester (That stuff is bitter) with a bit of some herbal taste sorta like Icariin or Testofen. Bottom line, you will drink this quickly and forget about it.

Energy: Today was moderate, but I'm still jet-lagged a bit from my trip and had trouble falling asleep so I will note more on this in my upcoming workouts.

Dosing: I felt 1 scoop wouldn't be enough kick, but I just wanted to start low and work my way up. I felt some extra energy , however I'll do 1.5 scoops next time and see how that feels. Then will do 2 scoops to see if I need that much, probably not though since the recreate has some caffeine in it too.

I'll comment on value at the end of the log; for ~$1.50-2 per workout, it does do both creatine and energy/focus so I'll judge that depending on how well it does these 2 things. Also I have been off creatine while on vacation and before that it was spotty w/ the occasional ragnarok. On off days I will keep up my creatine levels probably with some micronized creatine mono.

After another 2 or 3 workouts I'll give my thoughts on this vs. the other pre-WO stuff I've used recently which are; RPM, White Flood, and Ragnarok mostly. Used Axis' SMASH a while back but can't remember it too well.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout 2: Shoulders & Arms
1a) Weighted Dips 10x10
1b) Bicep Curls 5x10 , then Shrugs 5x10
2a) Shoulder Press 3x12
2b) DB Raises 3x12

Today I took 1.5 scoops 30 mins pre-WO and 60 mins after my porridge/oatmeal. I felt the JP8 really kicking in halfway during my workout, but I want it earlier. I might try taking it ~45 mins before working out because of the food in my stomach. I might try taking it pre-breakfast and then working out 60 mins later, but there might be too much in my stomach like that.

As for energy, I have to say 1.5 scoops got me quite buzzed. I didn't realize how energized I was until the whole afternoon I was in a caffeine slump which happens to me when I take stims. I'm so pumped up in the morning when I work out that the afternoon is tired/sluggish for me. I think 2 scoops would actually be too much for me, I'm going to do 1.5 scoops again 45 mins pre-WO and see if it hits me sooner. Then I'll try 2 scoops next time.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
JP8-
Taste: Usually I wait a week to give my taste review to let the product grow on me/get tired of it etc. However I really doubt I will grow to like JP8; like others have mentioned it reminds me of a not-well masked Arginine Ethyl Ester (That stuff is bitter) with a bit of some herbal taste sorta like Icariin or Testofen. Bottom line, you will drink this quickly and forget about it.

Thats just the case with most powders unfortunately. Thats when you just have to "man up", and slam it. I would rather it taste a bit harsh than be loaded with a ton of sugar and additives that are not "healthy".

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats just the case with most powders unfortunately. Thats when you just have to "man up", and slam it. I would rather it taste a bit harsh than be loaded with a ton of sugar and additives that are not "healthy".
Yea natural is best. After reading the book [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Secret-History-War-Cancer/dp/0465015662]Amazon.com: The Secret History of the War on Cancer: Devra Davis: Books[/ame] , a hefty read, it made me question some of the stuff I was consuming. I completely cut out aspartame after reading that, and I try and limit my sucralose consumption but I must guiltily admit I had developed a sugar tooth!

Initial post has been updated and is much more thorough re: goals, diet and training. Now time to update my workouts! What you want to hear about.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout:
Deadlifts : 10,10,9,9,8,7,7,7,7
HIIT (10 sprints, 30s on/60s off)

Comments: I think 45 mins after my oat bran/porridge, and 45 mins pre-WO is the perfect timing for me unless I skip my breakfast and just workout with a shake. Also 1.5 scoops was pretty strong, I don't think I will need 2 scoops.

Energy was quite good; it reminds me of when I originally started White Flood, but without the GABA rush. Also JP8 like all other pre-WO stims except RPM made me have to take a leak, thanks to the diuretic properties of caffeine.

On a less pleasant note, my stomach was feeling a bit queasy about 30 mins after my JP8 which is unusual because I can eat just about anything even if it's old and not feel off. I'll see if this continues, but its probably just something in JP8 that my stomach is getting used to.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Workout:
Deadlifts : 10,10,9,9,8,7,7,7,7
HIIT (10 sprints, 30s on/60s off)

Comments: I think 45 mins after my oat bran/porridge, and 45 mins pre-WO is the perfect timing for me unless I skip my breakfast and just workout with a shake. Also 1.5 scoops was pretty strong, I don't think I will need 2 scoops.

Energy was quite good; it reminds me of when I originally started White Flood, but without the GABA rush. Also JP8 like all other pre-WO stims except RPM made me have to take a leak, thanks to the diuretic properties of caffeine.

On a less pleasant note, my stomach was feeling a bit queasy about 30 mins after my JP8 which is unusual because I can eat just about anything even if it's old and not feel off. I'll see if this continues, but its probably just something in JP8 that my stomach is getting used to.

take 2 scoops one day and see what happens.....like before legs.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout:
57 Minutes Elliptical + Stretching

Comments:
Still trying to lean out, so did some cardio to give my muscle a bit of a break. Took the 2 recreate before breakfast, but didn't do cardio until 90 mins after because I don't want to lose any LBM doing fasted cardio, even if BCAA's can help stave of catabolism.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout: Shoulders
1a) Weighted Dips (10,10,10,9,9,8,9,7,7,9)
1b) Bicep Curls 5x10 then Jacknife Abwork (4x12)

2a) Shoulder Raises 3x12
2b) DB Delts 3x12

HIIT Cardio: 10 sprints

Comments:
Snuck into the gym before heading down to Buffalo to pick up some supps from Paul. Didn't have time to take the JP8, but the workout went quite well. Despite getting up at 6am, the Recreate's caffeine was enough of a pickup for me this morning. I've got some Divanex caps that I'm eager to give a go, not sure if it's a good idea to add it in mid-log. I've got ATD caps I can stack with it too, but not sure if an AI is needed.

Tomorrow is deadlifts, and I'll try 2 scoops of JP8 and see if I need 2 vs. 1.5

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
SWELL Mini-Review

Yesterday I picked up some of Nimbus Nutrition's Swell (530 grams) By: Nimbus Nutrition . I got it after hearing great reviews about the Poseidon Complex, and the unflavoured sale was too great to pass up.​

1st Dose: It had been almost 4 hours since lunch. 1 hour ago I had 2sc. of Xtend, and then had 2 scoops of Blast on an almost empty stomach while driving home from Buffalo (Another supplement pickup lol)
I took 2 scoops and washed it down with some water. I didn't notice anything at all from this first dose; Was thinking I might get a niacin flush from the B3 but nothing, I"m not sure if it's flush free or not.

2nd Dose: 1st thing upon waking the next morning. Once again I didn't notice anything immediately, and no noticeable change in vascularity, acuity, alertness etc.

3rd Dose: 30 mins pre-WO, 60 mins after breakfast. Again no noticeable effects yet, but the effects of Swell should be noticeable after long-term use.

I will keep taking this upon waking, and either pre-WO (Which is only ~75 minutes after my 1st dose) or on an empty stomach ~40 mins pre-bed w/ my ZMA and continue to assess.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck on the swell i bet you will enjoy it :)

It should begin to work quite well as you continue using it. Too bad you didn't get the flush i love that feeling..

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout:
Deadlifts 10,10,7,5,5,6,7,7
HIIT 10 sets

Comments:
I've taken JP8 for a few dyas in a row, so I took the day off to give my body a break from stims. It's true that you don't realize what you've got until it's gone though! On my 3rd set of deadlifts I was almost ready to throw in the towel, didn't have the focus. I managed to get 8 sets out in the end, and my HIIT was amazing but the aggression and energy wasn't there at the start of my workout which JP8 gives me.

I hesitate to attribute the excellent HIIT session to the Swell and will need to see this repeated before I make that connection, however that is the only variable that changed today.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mini- Flavour & Mixing Update

It's been over a week of JP8. I just took 1.5 scoops, which I've found to be my sweet spot. Flavour is so-so. You get used to it, and even on your first dose it isn't bad. It's lemonade with a thick "herbal" aftertaste. Hard to give a comparison, but it's not that unpleasant, and I don't mind drinking it. Mixability is a breeze; nothing at all to worry about.

Also JP8 still causes my some stomach discomfort. I'm not quite sure why and am rather surprised. I've honestly never had a problem with any supp in the past, whether it was Anabolic Pump, Coleus, Superpump Samples etc., but JP8 for some reason makes me queasy. I might try it tomorrow morning on an empty stomach, take a quick shake and do a legs day at the gym and see if that is better, perhaps JP8 doesn't agree with my morning porridge which I'm addicted to :(

The container is almost also pretty empty when you get it, I'll upload a picture of it later because I just picked up a 2nd tub of JP8 yesterday, but I forgot to mention how much air space there is!

jamescho79

Awards
I agree about the taste. It is definitely manageable. I think people are use to all the other extra flavoring that is added with other products. IMO thats only really helpful for something your gonna be sipping on.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
how long before your workout have you been taking it? Any meals near it?
Has it affected your stomach at all while in the gym?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how long before your workout have you been taking it? Any meals near it?
Has it affected your stomach at all while in the gym?
I just posted my breakfast in another thread, I'll paste it in here.

"1 cup oatbran (130g)
800 mL water
1 cup frozen berries
1 Scoop protein powder

Preparation: Boil the water, then pour over the oats in a large bowl. Microwave for ~2 minutes until the oats start puffing up b/c the water is boiling. Stir, and repeat until oats puff again. Stir in frozen berries, then add protein powder. Indulge :)

I posted a pic of what this looks like a while back but I can't find it. I just had 2 of these today (Pre and Post-WO lol) but I can take a pic of it tomorrow. 260g of Oatbran looks quite nice on Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Oat bran, raw. 172g Carbs, 40g Fiber. 80% Iron, 160% Mg, 42% K, 50% Zn & Cu, 732% Mn... the list goes on lol. Talk about nutrients!"

45 Minutes after that I take the JP8. Then I wait another 30-45 and hit the gym. My stomach is a bit queasy until I hit the gym, but once I start working out I'm so focused I don't notice it at all. If I had to guess which ingredient was causing it I'd probably say something in the R4W, but it might be the Mg Creatine. I was fine with it in the Green Mag (2.5g), but apparently it caused some people stomach discomfort so they lowered the amount.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I agree about the taste. It is definitely manageable. I think people are use to all the other extra flavoring that is added with other products. IMO thats only really helpful for something your gonna be sipping on.
people are use to sucralose, asutafame (sp) K and artificial flavors to go with the artificial sweeteners.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I just posted my breakfast in another thread, I'll paste it in here.

"1 cup oatbran (130g)
800 mL water
1 cup frozen berries
1 Scoop protein powder
Its nice to see someone else enjoying straight Oat Bran, I personally love the stuff. Sorry for getting here late but subbed now. Keep up to good work, Get Diesel makes some no nonsense good supps.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its nice to see someone else enjoying straight Oat Bran, I personally love the stuff. Sorry for getting here late but subbed now. Keep up to good work, Get Diesel makes some no nonsense good supps.
True dat! :thumbsup:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must have missed this in my absence steve. Kick some azz buddy!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oat Bran is a nutritional powerhouse, and with some frozen berries & berry protein powder, it's awesome. I picked up 25lbs for reasonably cheap at the start of the summer, but now that I'm eating 1/2lb + a day, it's going fast lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must have missed this in my absence steve. Kick some azz buddy!
No worries, I've got 2 tubs of JP8, and will be logging this for atleast the first 20-25 workouts (If I do 1.5-2 scoops per workout). You were away for a week right, Florida or something? Hope the cheat meals were good! :pizza:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout: Chest & back
1a) Decline DB
1b) Chin-Ups

Comments:
Had to be somewhere at 10, so the workout & pre-WO was a bit cramped. 30 mins after my oatbran I had the JP8, then hit the gym 30 minutes later. The oatbran and JP8 didn't like being mixed that close together, but in the gym everything had settled down by then.

The JP8 didn't kick in that hard today, probably because my stomach was so full. I am going to try it one morning empty stomach then take a shake; I was going to do that today but I forgot and I had my oatbran a while ago and am drinking the JP8 now.

And I feel I should mention the Recreate too. I've been taking 1 cap before breakfast w/ my AP, and 2 in the early afternoon. I really haven't noticed much appetite suppression or thermogenic effects to be honest. However with my Green Tea/RK/Coleus/GSE caps + the coleus in Recreate, I do have some pretty big solid bowel movements :toilet: Add in all the fiber I eat, and we're getting into to much info :lol:

3rd day of Blast. No Niacin flush, and I took 1 dose empty stomach, another 1 hr later, 30mins pre-WO. HIIT went well again, but other than that I haven't noticed anything in particular.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
people are use to sucralose, asutafame (sp) K and artificial flavors to go with the artificial sweeteners.
Chuck do you find people have stomach issues with R4W ever?

Also out of curiosity, when formulating JP8 did you ever taste it without the Lemonade flavouring? I wonder how much is masked. The Q came to me as I was deciding whether to have a dilute JP8 and have more to drink, or a more concentrated but worse tasting glass lol. I think next time I'll make it dilute, because if I wanted something strong I could just toss the 2 scoops in my mouth & wash it down with water, but JP8 doesn't really taste that bad.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No worries, I've got 2 tubs of JP8, and will be logging this for atleast the first 20-25 workouts (If I do 1.5-2 scoops per workout). You were away for a week right, Florida or something? Hope the cheat meals were good! :pizza:
I live in florida. :)

I just moved to a different part (Tampa.)

I'll be following along. I've read some good things about JP8.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
I live in florida. :)

I just moved to a different part (Tampa.)

I'll be following along. I've read some good things about JP8.
GET DIESEL is in Seffner (off I-4/75 by Rooms-to-Go warehouse).......for the next week and a half.....then we are moving to the great city of Chicago.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Log lookn good, ill be following along for sure!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Translation : You have <1.5 weeks to raid the place if you want to get some JP8, then it will be moved to a top-secret facility :lol:
Translation.....getting out of boring ass central Florida.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leg press (5x8)
Ab Work
2a) Stiff-Leg Deads
2b) Calf Presses

Comments:
JP8 kicked in today, but unfortunately it kicked in while I was doing my cool-down cardio. Had me so wired I wasn't listening to my iPod and was just whistling to myself on the elliptical lol. Only 1.5 scoops but it had me wired like crazy. My workout was pretty average though, it kicked in later today than normal.

Workout: Cardio
60 mins elliptical, non-fasted. 1200 cals, 7.85 miles

I really think JP8 needs to be taken on an empty stomach to kick in proper. Tomorrow is shoulders. I'm going to wake up, take JP8 and Swell, then take a shake 15 mins later, then hit the gym in 15 minutes. Will do 1.5 scoops, and see how much harder it hits me. Should be a pretty good ride, will let you guys know tomorrow afternoon how it went.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Leg press (5x8)
Ab Work
2a) Stiff-Leg Deads
2b) Calf Presses

Comments:
JP8 kicked in today, but unfortunately it kicked in while I was doing my cool-down cardio. Had me so wired I wasn't listening to my iPod and was just whistling to myself on the elliptical lol. Only 1.5 scoops but it had me wired like crazy. My workout was pretty average though, it kicked in later today than normal.

60 mins elliptical, non-fasted. 1200 cals, 7.85 miles

I really think JP8 needs to be taken on an empty stomach to kick in proper. Tomorrow is shoulders. I'm going to wake up, take JP8 and Swell, then take a shake 15 mins later, then hit the gym in 15 minutes. Will do 1.5 scoops, and see how much harder it hits me. Should be a pretty good ride, will let you guys know tomorrow afternoon how it went.
i dont think 30 min. pre-workout might be good enough if its hitting u late now. but 1st thing am it should hit u faster.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Orlando is fun as hell bro!!! (Islands of adventure ftw!!)
Oh yeah, thats why i have a Universal anual pass....but u cant go there every week....and May to Sept its hella hot down here.....and rains everyday......u know.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
freakin subbed
ill look it over tomo...!!!!!!!!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout: Shoulders
1a) Dips 10x10
1b) Incl. Bicep Curls 8x10
1c) Shrugs 8x8
2a) Shoulder Press 4x10
2b) DB Oblique Side Bends 4x10

Comments:
Took JP8 upon waking, had a shake 20 minutes later. Hit the gym 45 minutes after JP8. I took 1.5 scoops, however at the gym I was not as pumped/stimmed as I was expecting, especially since I took JP8 empty stomach. I think I need 2 scoops, not sure why that Chest workout last week with 2 scoops hit me so hard. It's not like it kicked in late either during my HIIT sprints, it just didn't hit me. I'll do 2 scoops, ~40 mins before my chest workout on Tues.
The dips did go well all the way to my last set, so perhaps JP8 helped with endurance but I didn't feel "energized". Perhaps it works better if taken with some Ether pre-WO?

The stomach discomfort was pretty strong on an empty stomach yesterday; right when I chugged the JP8 my stomach started feeling queasy. My shake also didn't help matters, and at some points during my workout I recall feeling a bit unwell. Chuck do you notice ppl with stomach problems from R4W? It's odd because I can usually stomach anything.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Chuck do you notice ppl with stomach problems from R4W? It's odd because I can usually stomach anything.
r4w or JP8?

No for both, but JP8 has phosphates and bicarbonates so Im sure someone will say they have "stomach issues."

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
60 Mins Elliptical. 7.74 Miles, 1182 Cals

Comments:
No JP8 today, just 2 Recreate and Swell Pre-WO. I had done HIIT sessions for the past couple months, but I forgot how important some long cardio is to burning off calories! After my last 60 minute cardio session I could actually see the difference the next day; 1200 cals is a good bit of calories!

The Swell still hasn't given me a niacin flush like Dialene did, but perhaps I've gotten adjusted to the Niacin pretty quickly. It's effects are subtle, but so far it hasn't been so dramatic that I've noticed anything. The claims that I am trying to assess are:
" * Increased Hydration
* Higher Working Capacity
* Reduced Fatigue
* Increased Oxygen Delivery to Muscles
* Promote Protein Synthesis
* Increased Muscle Recovery
* Increased Aerobic and Anaerobic Energy Production
* Intense Muscle Pumps
* Suppressed Protein Catabolism
* Increased Mental Acuity"
It's kind of hard to have mental acuity after 60 minutes of pretty damn tiring cardio though lol. The higher working capacity/decreased fatigue might be noticeable in my HIIT sprints, but it has been hard to say thus far.

Chuck I'm trying to figure out what exactly in the JP8 doesn't agree with me, and if it just takes time for my stomach to get used to it (Since I bought 2 tubs of JP8, so 40 workouts!). I guess it might be those K/Na Phosphates/Bicarbonates. The thing that doesn't makes me doubt it is that the Swell has Bicarbs too (Magnesium Carbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Pyridoxine HCL, Sodium Bicarbonate) Your ETHER has those too, meanwhile the R4W has the Mg Creatine that I've heard some people have issues with (although I haven't in the past with CL's Green Magnitude).

Tomorrow is chest day, going to do 2 scoops and see how it goes. The other logs are absolutely blown away by JP8 but here I am with a queasy stomach and just OK workouts :blink: Crikey that was a long update!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
60 Mins Elliptical. 7.74 Miles, 1182 Cals

Comments:
No JP8 today, just 2 Recreate and Swell Pre-WO. I had done HIIT sessions for the past couple months, but I forgot how important some long cardio is to burning off calories! After my last 60 minute cardio session I could actually see the difference the next day; 1200 cals is a good bit of calories!

The Swell still hasn't given me a niacin flush like Dialene did, but perhaps I've gotten adjusted to the Niacin pretty quickly. It's effects are subtle, but so far it hasn't been so dramatic that I've noticed anything. The claims that I am trying to assess are:
" * Increased Hydration
* Higher Working Capacity
* Reduced Fatigue
* Increased Oxygen Delivery to Muscles
* Promote Protein Synthesis
* Increased Muscle Recovery
* Increased Aerobic and Anaerobic Energy Production
* Intense Muscle Pumps
* Suppressed Protein Catabolism
* Increased Mental Acuity"
It's kind of hard to have mental acuity after 60 minutes of pretty damn tiring cardio though lol. The higher working capacity/decreased fatigue might be noticeable in my HIIT sprints, but it has been hard to say thus far.

Chuck I'm trying to figure out what exactly in the JP8 doesn't agree with me, and if it just takes time for my stomach to get used to it (Since I bought 2 tubs of JP8, so 40 workouts!). I guess it might be those K/Na Phosphates/Bicarbonates. The thing that doesn't makes me doubt it is that the Swell has Bicarbs too (Magnesium Carbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Potassium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Pyridoxine HCL, Sodium Bicarbonate) Your ETHER has those too, meanwhile the R4W has the Mg Creatine that I've heard some people have issues with (although I haven't in the past with CL's Green Magnitude).

Tomorrow is chest day, going to do 2 scoops and see how it goes. The other logs are absolutely blown away by JP8 but here I am with a queasy stomach and just OK workouts :blink: Crikey that was a long update!

could be mag, if u get over 400mg at a time, but its probably the phosphates and bicarbonates combined , and what u eat after u take the JP8. JP8 has alot of ach boosters, so most people wont get "cracked out " energy from it because Ach decreases the "amped" up effect of adrenaline, but Ach increases is where ur coordination, strength and mind muscle connection come from.

Arent u the one eating oats or something pre-workout right after JP8?

How soon do u take JP8 pre-workout? How soon before or after taking JP8 do u eat the oats or whatever it is?