A Skeptic's Perspective on Anabolic Pump

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to take a moment to share my preliminary thoughts on Anabolic Pump. I have been using it for a two weeks alongside a cycle of Epidrol. I am naturally skeptical of all "supplements," as most are marketed by montebanks and charlatans, with any reported gains attributable to the placebo effect or greater intensity in the gym as opposed to unbiased, scientific testing of said product.

I would never have tried Anabolic Pump (AP) if it did not go on sale at nutraplanet. $60 is far too expensive for my blood for any supplement considering that the real McCoy AAS that are guaranteed to work (assuming proper training and diet) are slightly more expensive.

Against my better judgement, I ordered a bottle of AP after careful research and consideration.

As described in the AP product manual, I am "Type 1 Carbohydrate Reactive." I have been slightly overfat (approximately 16%) when I watch what I eat. The last few % of BF is difficult to lose.

Thoughts on AP

The first few days were difficult on this product. I experienced hypoglycemic symptoms after taking AP per the directions. I felt confused, weak, etc. My dosing protocal was as follows:
30 minutes prior to breakfast at 6 am. For breakfast I have 3/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup raisins, 40 grams egg/casein/whey/pea protein blend, whole grain english muffin, peanut butter, flax seeds, all fruit jelly.
Typically I experienced no negative sides after breakfast.

15 minutes prior to post workout. Post workout shakes include 60 grams Waxy Maize and 6 grams BCAAs followed by 40 grams protein and "N-Large" 15 minutes later.
No negative sides are reported.

Afternoon/Night is when I had problems with hypo symptoms leading me to believe that I was not consuming enough carbs. My carb at this point alternates between sweet potatoes, whole grain rice, oats, etc.

By day three I felt incredibly bloated and debated stopping AP. My clothes were MUCH tighter and I looked and felt like "merde de vache" (bullshyt.)

Not wanting to give up on AP, I started a regimine of cardio above and beyond my normal schedule. I did 20-30 minutes after each workout, 4 days a week for the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Since then, I have lost fat. No doubt about it. I am also up a few lbs which I attribute to the Epidrol, though AP may have helped. Logically, it would be impossible to tell whether or not AP had much to do with it.

In fact, it could be surmised that the extra cardio is what helped lean me out a bit (1 or two lbs) while the AP did nothing.

However, I would mention that I have not gained the fat I would have expected to gain given the amount of carbs I have been consuming, suggesting that AP has helped prevent unwanted fat gain.

From a scientific standpoint, it is impossible to determine whether or not AP has made a difference. Without the cardio, I was blowing up like a balloon and retaining water (via glycogen?). There are simply too many extraneous factors involved. I will continue to monitor my progress and report my findings.

Even if AP helps repartition, I would not pay full price for this product unless I experience noticeable effects. $25 is much more reasonable and I would consider purchasing another bottle for this price to continue my experiment.

Until next time...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanted to take a moment to share my preliminary thoughts on Anabolic Pump. I have been using it for a two weeks alongside a cycle of Epidrol. I am naturally skeptical of all "supplements," as most are marketed by montebanks and charlatans, with any reported gains attributable to the placebo effect or greater intensity in the gym as opposed to unbiased, scientific testing of said product.

I would never have tried Anabolic Pump (AP) if it did not go on sale at nutraplanet. $60 is far too expensive for my blood for any supplement considering that the real McCoy AAS that are guaranteed to work (assuming proper training and diet) are slightly more expensive.

Against my better judgement, I ordered a bottle of AP after careful research and consideration.

As described in the AP product manual, I am "Type 1 Carbohydrate Reactive." I have been slightly overfat (approximately 16%) when I watch what I eat. The last few % of BF is difficult to lose.

Thoughts on AP

The first few days were difficult on this product. I experienced hypoglycemic symptoms after taking AP per the directions. I felt confused, weak, etc. My dosing protocal was as follows:
30 minutes prior to breakfast at 6 am. For breakfast I have 3/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup raisins, 40 grams egg/casein/whey/pea protein blend, whole grain english muffin, peanut butter, flax seeds, all fruit jelly.

15 minutes prior to post workout. Post workout shakes include 60 grams Waxy Maize and 6 grams BCAAs followed by 40 grams protein and "N-Large" 15 minutes later.

Afternoon/Night is when I had problems with hypo symptoms leading me to believe that I was not consuming enough carbs. My carb at this point alternates between sweet potatoes, whole grain rice, oats, etc.

By day three I felt incredibly bloated and debated stopping AP. My clothes were MUCH tighter and I looked and felt like "merde de vache" (bullshyt.)

Not wanting to give up on AP, I started a regimine of cardio above and beyond my normal schedule. I did 20-30 minutes after each workout, 4 days a week for the last 1 1/2 weeks.

Since then, I have lost fat. No doubt about it. I am also up a few lbs which I attribute to the Epidrol, though AP may have helped. Logically, it would be impossible to tell whether or not AP had much to do with it.

In fact, it could be surmised that the extra cardio is what helped lean me out a bit (1 or two lbs) while the AP did nothing.

However, I would mention that I have not gained the fat I would have expected to gain given the amount of carbs I have been consuming, suggesting that AP has helped prevent unwanted fat gain.

From a scientific standpoint, it is impossible to determine whether or not AP has made a difference. Without the cardio, I was blowing up like a balloon and retaining water (via glycogen?). There are simply too many extraneous factors involved. I will continue to monitor my progress and report my findings.

Even if AP helps repartition, I would not pay full price for this product unless I experience noticeable effects. $25 is much more reasonable and I would consider purchasing another bottle for this price to continue my experiment.

Until next time...
Definitely a variable situation you have. One must also consider the EpidDrol - though reported to impart more or less dry gains - was causing the bloat; whether via muscle belly density, estrogenic side effects, or otherwise. However, as H20 is the transport system of glycogen, it is a possibility the immediate glycogen retention induced by AP was producing the bloated look.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thoughts on AP

Until next time...
No disrespect dude, but you contradict the shet out of yourself in every other sentence.

4-6 weeks is when the benefits start to really manifest themselves.
slowly and incrementally increase carbohydrates.
this is not a steroid

when someone actually invests the time and effort you find that AP is an incredible nutrient partioner that completely changes the way your body utilizes carbohydrates

hypoglycemic response is competely diminished

again, no disrespect, and I am no rep for USPLabs, but far too many people are bad mouthing something without giving it the proper due diligence.

But again, you contradict yourself in every other statement so I cannot decipher you assessment one way or the other.

But yeah, two weeks, you should have all the answers by now :think:

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I have attempted to answer your post. My comments are in BOLD. Thanks for taking the time to read and write a response to my post.

No disrespect dude, but you contradict the shet out of yourself in every other sentence.

I don't think that I am contradicting myself. I suppose I should have simply made it clear that I cannot, at this stage, determine whether or not AP has done what it claims to do. Is that better? Surely it's not too difficult to determine from reading my post that that was the case. In fact, I clearly state:
"From a scientific standpoint, it is impossible to determine whether or not AP has made a difference. Without the cardio, I was blowing up like a balloon and retaining water (via glycogen?). There are simply too many extraneous factors involved. I will continue to monitor my progress and report my findings."

What is so difficult to understand about that?

4-6 weeks is when the benefits start to really manifest themselves.
slowly and incrementally increase carbohydrates.

I did not know that it takes 4-6 weeks to really kick in, though I do not believe that knowing this would change my "preliminary" findings one way or the other. Thanks for the information.

this is not a steroid

Gee Really? :thumbsup: My point was that most "supplements" aren't worth a shyt considering that steroids are just as cheap and actually do what they say they will do. Surely you can agree that most supplements are nonsense. Perhaps not since you work for a supplement retailer.

when someone actually invests the time and effort you find that AP is an incredible nutrient partioner that completely changes the way your body utilizes carbohydrates

hypoglycemic response is competely diminished

Although I want nothing more than for you to be correct, I think it is absolutely imperative to remain as neutral about my findings as possible. Too many people start logs wishing and hoping that the product they purchased will work. I admit that I am skeptical. Nothing wrong with healthy skepticism in my book. No? I think I have been giving AP a fair shake and will continue to do so for the remainder of the bottle.

The hypoglycemic side effects I experienced also went away in a few days. Forgive me for failing to mention that.

again, no disrespect, and I am no rep for USPLabs, but far too many people are bad mouthing something without giving it the proper due diligence.

I don't bad mouth AP anywhere so please do me a favor and don't prejudge my comments based upon what others do.

But again, you contradict yourself in every other statement so I cannot decipher you assessment one way or the other.

I hope that my response has cleared up any confusion you may have had.

But yeah, two weeks, you should have all the answers by now :think:

The sarcasm is entirely unnecessary since I never claimed to have all the answers. Thanks for your opinions and comments. If possible, next time leave the patronization at the door. Thanks.
Incidentally, though I experience a little extra flatulence during the first few days, I never experienced any "anabolic dump" like others have reported.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
Definitely a variable situation you have. One must also consider the EpidDrol - though reported to impart more or less dry gains - was causing the bloat; whether via muscle belly density, estrogenic side effects, or otherwise. However, as H20 is the transport system of glycogen, it is a possibility the immediate glycogen retention induced by AP was producing the bloated look.
I definately agree that Epidrol could have been the culprit. I will continue to monitor the situation. I feel leaner at the moment. Perhaps from AP, perhaps not. More time will tell.

Thank you for popping in.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thoughts on AP

Until next time...
Going through your review, there was not enough evidence to conclude Anabolic Pump did not work, quite apart from the fact that the test period was not long enough. By admitting that you did not put on fat, despite the spike in your carbohydrate intake, it is hard to imagine Anabolic Pump did not help produce that outcome. Talking about water retention, several factors may be responsible for this, from liver stress to dysfunction in cellular fluid permeation. Frankly, it will be hard to pin this down to Anabolic Pump, as the transformation of carbohydrates into glucose and then glycogen provokes a different outcome.
One useful point to remember while using Anabolic Pump is that one should train one's body to synchronize with Anabolic Pump by trying different amounts (types) of carbohydrates and Anabolic Pump timing. Once fine-tuning is achieved, the result is close to magic.

Talking about the price, $64.95 is the MSRP. It sells for $42.95 at NutraPlanet. The concentration of the actives in the product at the per-dose amounts justifies the price, in my opinion.

Keep at it! Results should be awesome. :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My sarcasm is more of a cynicism based on the abundance of nonsense I read here from day to day. I apologize if was at your expense. You are not or were not a target for any particular purpose other than maybe just an innocent victim.

Sometimes the less I see the better it is for everyone...myself included.

Sorry, sincerely!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My sacrasm is more of a cynicism based on the abundance of nonsense I read here from day to day. I apologize if was at your expense. You are not or were not a target for any particular purpose other than maybe just an innocent victim.

Sorry, sincerely!
Great post. Respect! :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I used to get really bloated from using N-Large. I have not used AP so I'm ambivalent either way.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
First, I commend you on being a skeptic. Too often, I see outlandish claims followed by insufficient evidence. This is what I typically encounter, "While taking (insert supplement of choice) I gained 10 lbs of muscle." A bare minimum in quantifying hypertrophy should involve pre/post measurements of weight and body fat. In most situations, this has not happened. :nono: While this is my opinion, how can we validate claims without a pragmatic approach?

Secondly, have you used Epidrol before?

Keep reporting!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A very honest and straight-forward review on the AP, indeed ! You backed up every statement - whether a positive or a negative one - with an explanation, and I respect that. Did you experience increased fullness and pumps ? I would attribute that - at least in part - to the AP moreso than the Epidrol. I say this because, from personal experience, I didn't being to see results from Epistane myself until the 2-week mark.

What I reacted to the most in the first response to your thread was the person saying it should take '4-6 weeks' to see results. I've done my fair share of research on AP, and you've got the prime examples who state they saw immidiate results (in muscle fullness and overall energy) - even after just ONE dosage (1 cap). To me, that sounds too outlandish.. but 4-6 weeks ?! I need quicker results to become a believer of any supplement . .

It seems to me that mainly (don't rip me a new one for this statement) people of a lower bodyfat percentage (<10%) would have the physical appearance that allows them to truly see the effects of drained or replenished glycogen storages. They're the ones who'd truly be able to see the effects of such a product. Then again, it seems AP-usage is a newfound art to master. Carbohydrate quality, quantity and timing are all important factors to take in to consideration.

I've been doing 3 caps/day for 5 days now, and I don't feel stronger, more volumized nor more vascular. 1 cap AP 45 minutes prior to 40-45 grams of carbs from oatmeal twice daily (morning and pre-workout) and 1 cap AP ten minutes before completion of my workout, followed by a Cytogainer shake (1/2-3/4 serving) 10 minutes following completion of my workout. I'm still a sceptic as well. But I'm a patient guy fortunately . .

.. another thread to go on another rant .. pardon me, AM !

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very honest and straight-forward review on the AP, indeed ! You backed up every statement - whether a positive or a negative one - with an explanation, and I respect that. Did you experience increased fullness and pumps ? I would attribute that - at least in part - to the AP moreso than the Epidrol. I say this because, from personal experience, I didn't being to see results from Epistane myself until the 2-week mark.

What I reacted to the most in the first response to your thread was the person saying it should take '4-6 weeks' to see results. I've done my fair share of research on AP, and you've got the prime examples who state they saw immidiate results (in muscle fullness and overall energy) - even after just ONE dosage (1 cap). To me, that sounds too outlandish.. but 4-6 weeks ?! I need quicker results to become a believer of any supplement . .

It seems to me that mainly (don't rip me a new one for this statement) people of a lower bodyfat percentage (<10%) would have the physical appearance that allows them to truly see the effects of drained or replenished glycogen storages. They're the ones who'd truly be able to see the effects of such a product. Then again, it seems AP-usage is a newfound art to master. Carbohydrate quality, quantity and timing are all important factors to take in to consideration.

I've been doing 3 caps/day for 5 days now, and I don't feel stronger, more volumized nor more vascular. 1 cap AP 45 minutes prior to 40-45 grams of carbs from oatmeal twice daily (morning and pre-workout) and 1 cap AP ten minutes before completion of my workout, followed by a Cytogainer shake (1/2-3/4 serving) 10 minutes following completion of my workout. I'm still a sceptic as well. But I'm a patient guy fortunately . .

.. another thread to go on another rant .. pardon me, AM !
This is a prime example of people looking for a magic pill.

There is a lot you will miss out on because some things actually take persistance. You want a anecdotal immediate response. Some are after transformation. That takes time. It also takes understanding of what is taking place and how to go about potentiating the LONG TERM benefits.

You obvioulsy have very little understanding of what AP is doing besides giving you a pump. If you did you would not make statements like you just did.

NO2 and PH's are perfect for consumers like you. The entire industry is supported by and marketed to the midset that you possess. You want something that works instantly, use something else.

You want something that changes your physiological response to carbohydrates, insulin management and the bodies energy expenditure...? There is more to life than "the pump". Regardless of the marketing, which by the way means nothing to me, and actually has no bearing on my use whatsoever, AP is far more than that.

But like you I'll save a rant for another thread.

Mullet, feel free to educate if you so desire.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot you will miss out on because some things actually take persistance. You want a anecdotal immediate response. Some are after transformation. That takes time. It also takes understanding of what is taking place and how to go about potentiating the LONG TERM benefits.
Amen brother! Reps to you!!!

I for one will testify to what you just said! My first use of AP was less than satisfactory, but as I read through all the FAQs Q and As at USP Labs board, I realized that it was me who had incorrectly utilzed the product. :think:

So, on my second attempt I put everything I read/was suggested to good use and made excellent progress. If you want to read my brief log, click here.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a prime example of people looking for a magic pill.
- Why thank you, kind sir, I qualified ? You dumb$hit, I'm speaking of AP according to all reviews/logs that praise it as a fantastic product, where the majority swear by close-to-immidiate-results. It seems too many people 'feel' these immidiate results, but I know I'm one of the more consistent guys at this board in terms of diet, nutrition, training and knowledge, so not having 'seen' more or 'felt' more didn't measure up against my initial expectations for the AP. INITIAL is the key-word here, I didn't say I had completed my AP-run, now did I ? Everyone has initial expectations prior to using supplements, and you're expectations are either met or they are not.. There's not much more to it. They weren't met, hence it's back to the drawing board to see what needs to be altered . . So did I give my FINAL thoughts on the product ? DID I ?!

But I've been up and down the road of bulking and cutting, I know dropping to the single digits and remaining there takes a lot, and i know that your proposed 'magic pill' doesn't exist. You're preaching to the god damn choir. You don't drop several lbs of solid fat by using a thermo within a couple of days, there are too many correlating factors to fat/weight loss than a simple stim/thermo. Swallow your words, and don't speak too quickly you cvnt. All I commented was you saying results will take 4-6 weeks to be seen. Now find me ONE fvcking log anywhere where you find a 6+ week long AP log where they don't say anything about results within the first couple of weeks. I simply disagreed with your aforementioned statement, and I believe most other people around here will as well; results with AP are consistent and happen way before your 4-6 weeks. So why the FVCK make it an issue ?

- did I not mention that you've got to take everything into account with the AP ? The types of carbs, the quantity, and the timing ? I was under the IMPRESSION most guys sense something in a short period of time, INDEED, but I didn't bicth and complain and say I'm quitting because 5 days in I'm not satisfied. Persistence, huh ? Yes, been there, done that, got it, always had it, thanks for mentioning it. I was @ 230 lbs coming in to college. 3 semesters later I was 280 after a 4 month hard-core bulk. Then I cut down to 218 lbs again shredded to the bone, and it took time without a doubt. So don't talk to me like I don't know what the fcvk persistence is, mr high-o-mighty NP rep. Who do you think YOU are ?

You obvioulsy have very little understanding of what AP is doing besides giving you a pump. If you did you would not make statements like you just did.

NO2 and PH's are perfect for consumers like you. The entimere industry is supported by and marketed to the midset that you possess. You want something that works instantly, use something else.
- keep jumping on your conclusions, man. It seems to make you feel better. Did I only mention the pump ? Really ? Go re-read, dumb$hit. I pointed out the effects that seem the most pronounced to other users. Oh, and PH free for 9 months myself, but I am, however, using NO2-products in the form of pre-workout products. Thanks for acknowledging what kind of person I am, I bet I'll have every fvcking company rep on this site hit me up with freebies for possesing the average-joe-mindset when it comes to supplements.

You want something that changes your physiological response to carbohydrates, insulin management and the bodies energy expenditure...? There is more to life than "the pump". Regardless of the marketing, which by the way means nothing to me, and actually has no bearing on my use whatsoever, AP is far more than that.

But like you I'll save a rant for another thread.

Mullet, feel free to educate if you so desire.
Too much time spent on this post for not calling it a rant. You're one of the many typical 'I know more than anyone else, so I'm gonna try to show my $hit now'-kind of BS guys. Boards suffer because of your proposed know-it-all. God damn, bro, THANK YOU FOR THIS, YOU GOT ME FIRED OF FOR MY WORKOUT NOW. Wish I could've crushed your face while I was @ it, but I'm better than that. Hate people like ya though . . seems you're a bodybuilding.com-forum like person, full of know-it-alls.

And Mullet, dont even bother refeeding this thread. It's not worth it. (Oh, and I'm saying that out of respect for ya, because I've read just about every post you've made on AP on this board. You were the one who made me realize a while back that AP requires more attention to detail than many other supplements do in order to get what you're looking for.)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Amen brother! Reps to you!!!

I for one will testify to what you just said! My first use of AP was less than satisfactory, but as I read through all the FAQs Q and As at USP Labs board, I realized that it was me who had incorrectly utilzed the product. :think:

So, on my second attempt I put everything I read/was suggested to good use and made excellent progress. If you want to read my brief log, click here.
Happy to hear ya liked the results the second time at least.

I haven't said I know-it-the all when it comes to AP by any means, hence I refer to its usage as an 'art that needs to be mastered' .. I am, however, looking forward to next several weeks of using it, as I'm getting more and more educated regarding the product.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
- Why thank you, kind sir, I qualified ? You dumb$hit, I'm speaking of AP according to all reviews/logs that praise it as a fantastic product, where the majority swear by close-to-immidiate-results. It seems too many people 'feel' these immidiate results, but I know I'm one of the more consistent guys at this board in terms of diet, nutrition, training and knowledge, so not having 'seen' more or 'felt' more didn't measure up against my initial expectations for the AP. INITIAL is the key-word here, I didn't say I had completed my AP-run, now did I ? Everyone has initial expectations prior to using supplements, and you're expectations are either met or they are not.. There's not much more to it. They weren't met, hence it's back to the drawing board to see what needs to be altered . . So did I give my FINAL thoughts on the product ? DID I ?!

But I've been up and down the road of bulking and cutting, I know dropping to the single digits and remaining there takes a lot, and i know that your proposed 'magic pill' doesn't exist. You're preaching to the god damn choir. You don't drop several lbs of solid fat by using a thermo within a couple of days, there are too many correlating factors to fat/weight loss than a simple stim/thermo. Swallow your words, and don't speak too quickly you cvnt. All I commented was you saying results will take 4-6 weeks to be seen. Now find me ONE fvcking log anywhere where you find a 6+ week long AP log where they don't say anything about results within the first couple of weeks. I simply disagreed with your aforementioned statement, and I believe most other people around here will as well; results with AP are consistent and happen way before your 4-6 weeks. So why the FVCK make it an issue ?

- did I not mention that you've got to take everything into account with the AP ? The types of carbs, the quantity, and the timing ? I was under the IMPRESSION most guys sense something in a short period of time, INDEED, but I didn't bicth and complain and say I'm quitting because 5 days in I'm not satisfied. Persistence, huh ? Yes, been there, done that, got it, always had it, thanks for mentioning it. I was @ 230 lbs coming in to college. 3 semesters later I was 280 after a 4 month hard-core bulk. Then I cut down to 218 lbs again shredded to the bone, and it took time without a doubt. So don't talk to me like I don't know what the fcvk persistence is, mr high-o-mighty NP rep. Who do you think YOU are ?

- keep jumping on your conclusions, man. It seems to make you feel better. Did I only mention the pump ? Really ? Go re-read, dumb$hit. I pointed out the effects that seem the most pronounced to other users. Oh, and PH free for 9 months myself, but I am, however, using NO2-products in the form of pre-workout products. Thanks for acknowledging what kind of person I am, I bet I'll have every fvcking company rep on this site hit me up with freebies for possesing the average-joe-mindset when it comes to supplements.

Too much time spent on this post for not calling it a rant. You're one of the many typical 'I know more than anyone else, so I'm gonna try to show my $hit now'-kind of BS guys. Boards suffer because of your proposed know-it-all. God damn, bro, THANK YOU FOR THIS, YOU GOT ME FIRED OF FOR MY WORKOUT NOW. Wish I could've crushed your face while I was @ it, but I'm better than that. Hate people like ya though . . seems you're a bodybuilding.com-forum like person, full of know-it-alls.

And Mullet, dont even bother refeeding this thread. It's not worth it.
HAHHAHHA that was fun!

I'm the guy that just sent you back down the road.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To the OP,

I encourage you to consider running AP for a good duration as you may come to see that it possesses attributes that exceed your initial experience and expecations and/or lack luster results thus far.

Good luck.

rockathon

Awards
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.

Anabolic Pump seems to be a great product based on the amount of positive reviews I have read for it and I am going to order some for myself.

But I have found this to be an interesting thread. The supplement industry is sort of strange to me. I am not looking for a magic pill, but when I read what the manufacturers of these products say about them, it is hard not to think I have found one.

For example: "Most people gain at least 7.3 pounds of muscle in the first 14 days taking Anabolic-Pump™. "

Based on many testimonials, my guess is that Anabolic Pump works but that above statement is hard to believe.

--With utmost respect

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
My sarcasm is more of a cynicism based on the abundance of nonsense I read here from day to day. I apologize if was at your expense. You are not or were not a target for any particular purpose other than maybe just an innocent victim.

Sorry, sincerely!
Thank you very much. It takes a big man to apologize. :head:

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
By admitting that you did not put on fat, despite the spike in your carbohydrate intake, it is hard to imagine Anabolic Pump did not help produce that outcome.
I tend to agree considering that I have been eating 60+ grams at night (unheard of prior to taking AP) without fat gain except the initial bloat which seems to have gone away.

Thanks for info and encouragement. I'll keep it up.

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
First, I commend you on being a skeptic. Too often, I see outlandish claims followed by insufficient evidence. This is what I typically encounter, "While taking (insert supplement of choice) I gained 10 lbs of muscle." A bare minimum in quantifying hypertrophy should involve pre/post measurements of weight and body fat. In most situations, this has not happened. :nono: While this is my opinion, how can we validate claims without a pragmatic approach?

Secondly, have you used Epidrol before?

Keep reporting!

Yes I've used Epidrol two other times. Thanks for the commendations.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I've been using AP for nearly the past 2 months, and I have grown to love it. Just takes some time to figure out what kind of dosing works best for you, thus far, for me, it's 2 AP before breakfast, and 2 AP before post-workout meal. On non-training days, I do 2 AP before breakfast, and 1 before a meal 6-8 hours later.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for taking the time to give a review, Edward!
As far as Nor being, "snt down that road," I'm shocked! He is usually level-headed. Well, this isyour board, so what's done is done.
And I also agree that the price is too much, and I will only run it as long as I can get it on sale. Which is why I bought enough to last a year... On going experiment - It does look promising, though.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Yes I've used Epidrol two other times. Thanks for the commendations.
Just curious, what kind of results have you had with Epidrol? Have you tried any other Epistane/Havoc clones? What kind of dosages have utilized? What have you run for PCT?

Sorry for so many questions!

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Which is why I bought enough to last a year... On going experiment - It does look promising, though.
Dude, you rock!!! When I learned that NP had AP for $25, I was thinking, "Ok, I didn't get the years supply of FOOD PUMP (Jacob's gifting), so what, NP has it on sale!" I SO WANTED in on that Nutraplanet sale...but...honestly, I am holding out for some PRIME!!!

Sorry NP, I will get a years worth IF you are able to swing a sale like that again (please...with AP dusted on top!!!)????:whiner:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Enjoyed this mini review, while it may not have been over the longest period of time, it is worth a read. a critics review is always good to read. I myself have just started AP for the last 4 days.. also to early to tell. Keep using it, as will I and hopefully both of us can give a nice honest non-fanboy review :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as Nor being, "snt down that road," I'm shocked! He is usually level-headed. Well, this isyour board, so what's done is done.
I had no problem with respectful and or even sarcastic disagreement. I mean we all, myself included, can come off as antagonistic or sarcastic.

But if you look at what he said, I believe you might agree it was way out of line. He called me quite a few names which had he spoken to any member that way would result in the same consequence.

As I have stated before, I may be cynical, sardonic and a few other things, but the name calling is unacceptable.

It is not my board but I do enforce the rules of being respectful to the staff which he clearly was not.

I seriously believe he had no idea who he was talking to.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I understand fully. Like I said, he is usually very level-headed, so this is shocking. I would have done the same as you, without a pause to do so.
I had no problem with respectful and or even sarcastic disagreement. I mean we all, myself included, can come off as antagonistic or sarcastic.

But if you look at what he said, I believe you might agree it was way out of line. He called me quite a few names which had he spoken to any member that way would result in the same consequence.

As I have stated before, I may be cynical, sardonic and a few other things, but the name calling is unacceptable.

It is not my board but I do enforce the rules of being respectful to the staff which he clearly was not.

I seriously believe he had no idea who he was talking to.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.

Anabolic Pump seems to be a great product based on the amount of positive reviews I have read for it and I am going to order some for myself.

But I have found this to be an interesting thread. The supplement industry is sort of strange to me. I am not looking for a magic pill, but when I read what the manufacturers of these products say about them, it is hard not to think I have found one.

For example: "Most people gain at least 7.3 pounds of muscle in the first 14 days taking Anabolic-Pump™. "

Based on many testimonials, my guess is that Anabolic Pump works but that above statement is hard to believe.

--With utmost respect
I am not a rep nor am I a sponsored athlete and because I am a member of the staff does not mean I am obligated to suck up to sponsors.

I have stated before, and I make no secrete of it - I do not agree with the marketing hype that Jacob uses. It is his business. He is entitled to do as he sees fit for his business within his business integrity. Not judging it one way or the other.

But in regard to the products and their application. Mullutsoldier has schooled me on the science. I have applied my knowledge with his affirmation and scientific validation to achieve all the potential that AP has to offer. It utilizes FFA when glycogen is not present (meaning carbohydrates are not consumed) which allows the body to use the 2/3 body energy stored in FFA for intense workouts that are sustained long after glycogen would sustain such. I have used it with and without carbs and have seen the evidence of much greater and sustained performance when using it without carbs than I have with carbs. My protocol has me using a pre workout dose without any carbs because it taps into FFA for a much greater effect for my goals that if I were to use it with carbs.

When I have used it now for the last 3 or more months the utilization of carbohydrates are partioned into muscle and LBM much much more efficiently, meaning I sustain a pump and vascularity most all ways. I do not even use it for post workout. I us P-Slin for post workout and AP for the balance of my daily meals.

The "Most people gain at least 7.3 pounds of muscle in the first 14 days taking Anabolic-Pump™. " is pure and symply hype. But that is his business. It's just not real world real results even with my sustained use. Sure i could load up on 1 gallon of water which weighs 8.3lbs and make that claim and it be true but that is misrepresentation and again his business not my.

I have been a carbophobic most all of my training days. Today I desire to consume carbs because of the way sustained and disciplined use of AP has transformed my physiological response to them. This did not take place in two weeks or 4 weeks. Yet it was after about 6 weeks that this took place and is has been perpetuated and sustained ever since. I have six bottles and will always keep buying them before I run out because it is a staple.

Additionally, you joined minutes after Norwegian was banned. If this is indeed you, just say so and maybe make amends. If it is not you then never mind.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
It utilizes FFA when glycogen is not present (meaning carbohydrates are not consumed) which allows the body to use the 2/3 body energy stored in FFA for intense workouts that are sustained long after glycogen would sustain such. I have used it with and without carbs and have seen the evidence of much greater and sustained performance when using it without carbs than I have with carbs. My protocol has me using a pre workout dose without any carbs because it taps into FFA for a much greater effect for my goals that if I were to use it with carbs.
Could you elaborate on what you said here a bit more B? If I'm understanding this right, then a dose of AP pre-workout w/ no carbs should significantly contribute to the oxidation of fats for energy?

almightythor

almightythor

Banned
Awards
I had no problem with respectful and or even sarcastic disagreement. I mean we all, myself included, can come off as antagonistic or sarcastic.. As I have stated before, I may be cynical, sardonic and a few other things, but the name calling is unacceptable. I seriously believe he had no idea who he was talking to.
- now, initially, I didn't come across as disrespectful in any manner. My first post here supported Edward's honest thoughts on AP, and I respected that he backed up every assumption and conclusion he had drawn with examples, instead of only labeling it a $hit product and bashing it like so many others do.

- B5150, however, came with a bashing right back @ me, labeling me as a dummy who buys every sales-pitch out there, disrespecting my dedication to the sport of bodybuilding as well as my contributions to this board, and knowledge of diet/nutrition/supplements. His statement of 'this is the perfect example of a person who's looking for the magic pill' was a slap in the face, and he spoke in a rather rash manner instead of just respectfully answering my comments and 'suggestions.'

- I tend to snap when anyone disrespects me in that manner, be it in real life or on a forum, because for years I've dedicated countless hours and lots of $ on the quest to attaining what I consider the perfect physique, and getting comments/negative feedback like that is what'll set me back if anything could. Positive people are encouraging to have around, and the amount of positive feedback I've gotten on this board has definitely made me want to step it up on numerous occasions, and my original post on this thread was for nothing other than to gain another insight on another person's thoughts on Anabolic Pump. Not once did I criticize anything or anyone.

- I was careful with how I initially responded to the 'a sceptics thoughts on AP,' because I am quite aware that I don't know everything regarding this supplement, and I didn't even come across as a know-it-all; I'll refer to my quote saying 'dont rip me a new one for saying this.

- B5150, you did not come across at all as sarcastic with the first response to MY post on here. You came across as a know-it-all with a I'm-better-than-you-attitude who wanted to disrespect myself and my knowledge [or lack thereof.] They were more like smart-ass comments just like you threw in Edwards face in your first response to his post; this didn't exactly cast a good light on you from the get-go, from my point-of-view.

- I will apologize for my name-calling, as I could've been a bigger man than that. But fact of the matter was I felt more disrespected than I felt I deserved, and that's all there is to it.

- Thomas
(aka Norwegian)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you elaborate on what you said here a bit more B? If I'm understanding this right, then a dose of AP pre-workout w/ no carbs should significantly contribute to the oxidation of fats for energy?
I can elaborate if you wish!

I made this particular post on BB.com

No: Most of the research on Berberine - and to an extent Lagerstroemia - has reflected antilipogenic activity via PPAR-Gamma2, and not Alpha. However, AMPk does play a role in the upregulation of PPAR-Alpha in skeletal muscle in the context of oxidative energy demands in endurance training sessions; that is beside the point, though. I merely pointed out PPAR-Alpha, in order to point out the fallacy of your CPT-1 comment. AP predominantly mediates Gamma, which does not have transcriptional control over either malonyl-COA or the target enzyme CPT-1. In reality, most of the research concerning upregulated malonyl-CoA and subsequent lessened mRNA CPT-1 expression surrounded Alpha's activity in smooth muscle; the context is different.

My comments towards AMPk are vital to the discussion at hand, though; energy homeostasis, and by extension Anabolic Pump's MOA, cannot be fully understood without a concomitant understanding of AMPk mediated FA oxidation, glucose metabolism, protein synthesis, and so on. AMPk responds to extracellular fluctuations (AMP:ATP ratio) in order to meet intracellular demand for energy. It is especially responsible for the transferring between glycolytic and oxidative manners of energy expenditure during anaerobic exercise (see above comment). It directly controls the expression of GLUT4, and the processes of glycolysis and vasculogenesis, as well as mediating several other glucose uptake enzymes. It is highly responsible for the efficient storage and expenditure of glucose - hence my comments towards your 'excess glucose' storage comment.

Further, AMPk inactivates ACC, and upregulates levels of MCD (malonyl-CoA-decarboxylase) which as you know leads to increased levels of CPT-1 and subsequent mitochondrial FA oxidation. So, as I said earlier, CPT-1 is not an issue in this respect, and AP is - very efficiently so - antilipogenic. This is one of the primary mechanisms through which AP produces body composition changes: Ensuring the efficient transfer and storage of glucose, as well as increasing the cell's oxidative capacity. The risk of FA 'restorage' and subsequent lipogenesis/lipid hypertrophy is therefore reduced, and AMPk by its nature prevents plasma triglyceride, and lipid synthesis.

I appreciate your healthy skepticism, but I also appreciate my reps being allowed to conduct their activities without overzealous posters harassing them with condescending tones and questions they do not fully understand. Your confrontational attitude isn't necessary, and I hope in further USP Labs related threads you participate in, you are much more cordial.
In very simple terms, AMPk inactivates enzymes responsible for inhibiting mitochondrial acceptance of oxidized fatty acids. It does this by directly regulating malonyl-CoA, which in terms inhibits the target enzyme CPT-1 (the target enzyme responsible for the above). AMPk also directly regulates the biosynthesis of lipids, plasma triglycerides and cholesterol, as well as the processes of adipogenesis and lipolysis.

See, conceptualizing Anabolic Pump merely as a glucose regulator is akin to calling John Lennon some guy with a guitar; the whole story is not realized. AMPk regulates your body's catabolic and anabolic mechanisms, responding to downstream energy fluctuations (AMP:ATP as said above) in order to either produce (catabolic response) or store (anabolic response) energy. The modulation of this key enzyme is what produces the loss of WAT, with concurrent gains in skeletal muscle. If the target was merely glucose and glycolytic processes, such effects would not be achievable.

In B's case, I created a fasted protocol which utilizes the process of lipolysis already undertaken throughout the night as the body's response to fasted energy demands. Upon waking, your body has liberated stored lipids into FAs and subsequently glycerols; it is truly up to you to use them. Adding a supplement such as Anabolic Pump which: prevents direct accumulation of liberated glycerols, inhibits the synthesis of triglycerides and cholesterol during the dosing period, and increases glycolytic and oxidative response, literally qualitatively alters the manner in which your body uses and stores energy.

The most insane part, is all of the above is in respects to ONE of the two ingredients.

The product is amazing, but it takes work. The vast number of independent energy cascades this particular product is modulating NECESSITATES an intuitive approach to dosing. Brian approached me in order to maximize his results, and his data truly speaks for himself. Kabuki is another individual which I have assisted on here. In reality, I would do the same for any individual if they asked.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for the jargon fellas. In shorthand, AP modulates your body's energy homeostasis pathways. Literally making your metabolism more efficient.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the jargon fellas. In shorthand, AP modulates your body's energy homeostasis pathways. Literally making your metabolism more efficient.
Thanks for the quick write up Mullet :) It is appreciated, I myself have been using AP for 4 days now and hope to see some nice results from it. Your contribution certainly helps in making decisions on what to buy and what not to.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used it with and without carbs and have seen the evidence of much greater and sustained performance when using it without carbs than I have with carbs.
Must try that today :jaw: and see for myself.

Lots of technical and informational posts on this thread. Damn Mullet, perhaps at the apex of your career you can head USPLabs legal counsel. Your scientific inclination makes me think you were one of the guys in the lab mixing AP up.

I've never considered working out on AP with an empty stomach (or does "without carbs" not necessarily implicate empty stomach?). I have inadvertently performed cardio with AP/without carbs on a few occasions, and each time I was inevitably slung into feeling severely famished (by around 45min). Based on those experiences, I never considered working out on AP/wo carbs. I assumed the same overwhelming, sugar lusting sensation would occur, but I'll attempt that today. I'm currently on Recreate/AP steady (White Flood in bursts here & there) and watching my diet, so I lean very favorably toward letting my glycogen burn during a workout, rather then fueling myself with breads & pastas. Strength isn't my current goal, so I don't need cart loads of sugar for performance, therefore, if AP augments a sugar less workout, then wow....

P.S. Sad to see my buddy Thomas caught in this unfortunate situation. I enjoyed his presence.

Last edited:
spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
In B's case, I created a fasted protocol which utilizes the process of lipolysis already undertaken throughout the night as the body's response to fasted energy demands. Upon waking, your body has liberated stored lipids into FAs and subsequently glycerols; it is truly up to you to use them. Adding a supplement such as Anabolic Pump which: prevents direct accumulation of liberated glycerols, inhibits the synthesis of triglycerides and cholesterol during the dosing period, and increases glycolytic and oxidative response, literally qualitatively alters the manner in which your body uses and stores energy.
I find this especially intriguing Mullet, Thank you for elaborating! :thumbsup:

In the future, I would like to experiment with this application of AP.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
Was B-Fiddy working out first thing in the morning then, in order to utilize "the process of lipolysis already undertaken throughout the night as the body's response to fasted energy demands..." (a question mark belonged in there somewhere). Was AP taken before bed to prevent the uptake of liberated glycerols? and then on top of this, AP was taken pre-workout? (If I'm understanding correctly, which I'm not sure I am). Therefore, me jumping into tonight's workout with AP, no carbs will not be the same as B-Fiddy's adjusted protocol, because I'm lacking the overnight, fasted state lipolysis, correct?

I'm a post-work, 6pm workout guy, so this fasted state protocol would not be plausible for me, correct?

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Was B-Fiddy working out first thing in the morning then, in order to utilize "the process of lipolysis already undertaken throughout the night as the body's response to fasted energy demands..." (a question mark belonged in there somewhere).
Yes sir. In B's log, he took the following upon rising:

USPLabs Recreate™ - 2 caps
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 3 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 cap
SupperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap

I have used everything minus SuperCissus Rx. Ultimate stack, to say the least. :head:

Was AP taken before bed to prevent the uptake of liberated glycerols? and then on top of this, AP was taken pre-workout?

From what I have read, he used NutraPlanet's - USPLabs Certified: 1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol) - 1g cap x 2, prior to bed.

Therefore, me jumping into tonight's workout with AP, no carbs will not be the same as B-Fiddy's adjusted protocol, because I'm lacking the overnight, fasted state lipolysis, correct?
Yes, I believe it would work, but it may not be as ideal as B's scenario. While Mullet would be the prime (is the IC release soon Mullet??? :food:) candidante to answer this, I would speculate that AP usage as you suggested would still provide a favorable shift toward fat burning. So, it might not be as favorable as B's approach, but it should work. Mullet? :think:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir. In B's log, he took the following upon rising:

USPLabs Recreate™ - 2 caps
USPLabs PowerFULL™ - 3 caps
USPLabs AnabolicPump™ - 1 cap
SupperCissus Rx™ - 1g cap

I have used everything minus SuperCissus Rx. Ultimate stack, to say the least. :head:

From what I have read, he used NutraPlanet's - USPLabs Certified: 1-carboxy-2-amino-3-pyrobenzol(3,4 diol) - 1g cap x 2, prior to bed.

Yes, I believe it would work, but it may not be as ideal as B's scenario. While Mullet would be the prime (is the IC release soon Mullet??? :food:) candidante to answer this, I would speculate that AP usage as you suggested would still provide a favorable shift toward fat burning. So, it might not be as favorable as B's approach, but it should work. Mullet? :think:
Thanks. I appreciate the thorough response.