Joebo's Somnidren GH/ZMK Log

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established

Night 1 &2

I some how deleted my initial post when posting today. I guess I just edited by accident. To recap my initial two nights using both Somnidren GH and ZMK: Night one I had no difficulty falling asleep, but awoke in the middle of the night 2-3 times, but easily passed right back out. Woke up a bit groggy and sleepy in the morning. Day two, I only awoke once during the night and immediately fell back asleep. Woke up feeling well rested and alert. 2nd nights sleep was much better than the first. I've been out of the gym for about 1 week due to a bicep injury, but back in again. I was super sore after my chest/tri workout and also sore after my back workout, but felt the combination of products may have contributed to an increased rate of recovery, but its hard for me to say it definitively did or didn't.

Night 3

Just took the ZMK last night and had another great night of sleep. I didn't awake throughout the night at all and felt refreshed, but a bit groggy for about 40 minutes after waking, but now i'm very alert. Great overall sleep. Will be hitting the gym tomorrow as I have plans this evening.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good luck buddy!!!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, I hope you have great a experience with these products!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Lookin good joebo. Interested in the recovery benefits of this stack..

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 4

Only took the ZMK last night about 40 minutes prior to my anticipated bedtime and was passed out within the hour. I am hitting the gym tonight and will be doing chest/tris. To make a note on recovery..... I was extremely sore from last weeks workouts since I was out of the gym for over a week and my recovery was without a doubt faster than what would be typical. This week will look like this:
Tonight: Chest/Tris
Thursday:Back/Gonna try to hit bi's, but due to injury may hold off another week for direct bi work.
Friday:Shoulders/traps
Sunday:Legs

After only a few doses and I can directly comment on overall sleep improvement. Recovery I believe to have been assisted to some degree, but will see how this next week plays out for a better assessment.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 5

Really put this stack to the test last night. I had a great chest and tricep workout which I began around 7:40pm which is a tad on the late side for me. I ran out of my typical Berry Vasocharge, so I used VPX NO-Shotgun which I just got. On a side note, NO-Shotgun is hands down the best pre-workout drink I've tried to date, but on the flip side it packs much more of an energy boost than the previous supp i was using. I knew when I got home sleeping would be an issue because I still could feel the energy and alertness. I ate a meal and about 30-40 minutes later I took my 4 ZMK and then about 10 minutes after that I took the Somnidren GH. Usually I know when I'm gonna fall asleep, but with this combo i just kinda eased into deep sleep. Woke up at 2am on the couch and headed for the bed. Great sleep and just glad I got to sleep because without these supps I would have been awake much much longer. Awesome sleep stack!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds awesome man...glad you got some good sleep after some crazy caffeine supps!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 6 & 7

Had a solid workout friday night overall. I took both the ZMK and Somnidren GH on night 6 and fell asleep very easily and had a very restful nights sleep. Waking up, I'm still a bit groggy, but it passes quickly. Recovery seems to be slightly accelerated, but nothing super noticable. Night 7 was an off day, so I only dosed the ZMK. Oddly enough I seem to pass out quicker on nights I only take the ZMK, but the sleep seems deeper when I use both.

Night 8

Last night I took both products and actually had a slightly difficult time falling asleep for some reason. My workout was earlier than normal as well. I just couldn't seem to dose off for whatever reason, but when I did sleep was very deep and had some stranger dreams. Usually I'm a bit more sore after leg day, but I don't feel too bad today. As stated earlier recovery seems a bit better, but I would recommend this as more of a sleep aid at this point in time, although I'm only a couple days in....

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Night 8

Last night I took both products and actually had a slightly difficult time falling asleep for some reason. My workout was earlier than normal as well. I just couldn't seem to dose off for whatever reason, but when I did sleep was very deep and had some stranger dreams. Usually I'm a bit more sore after leg day, but I don't feel too bad today. As stated earlier recovery seems a bit better, but I would recommend this as more of a sleep aid at this point in time, although I'm only a couple days in....
when u go work out ... are u taking any NO drink or any type of creatine ?

pretty detailed log .. im following up on it

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
when u go work out ... are u taking any NO drink or any type of creatine ?

pretty detailed log .. im following up on it
Pre-workout I'm using NO-Shotgun v2. Post workout i'm taking two scoops of whey along with some dextrose. 1 hour or more before I take somnidren and zmk I take 1 scoop of ON Pro Complex. I'm also taking NOW ADAM multi and a straight glucosamine supp.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 9

Yesterday was an off day for me so I only dosed the ZMK. As I stated in an earlier post, I pass out much easier just taking ZMK than both ZMK and Somnidren. Not sure if that can make any sense, but it seems to be pretty consisitant. Not sure if I will make it to the gym tonite, but I will be dosing both the ZMK and Somnidren. Sleep has been very deep with increasing amount of crazy dreams. I really enjoy the funky dreaming.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Pre-workout I'm using NO-Shotgun v2. Post workout i'm taking two scoops of whey along with some dextrose. 1 hour or more before I take somnidren and zmk I take 1 scoop of ON Pro Complex. I'm also taking NOW ADAM multi and a straight glucosamine supp.
Pro Complex has a good amount of calcium...you really should try taking it earlier before taking zmk. I ususally try to give 2 hours between calcium use and zmk use.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Pro Complex has a good amount of calcium...you really should try taking it earlier before taking zmk. I ususally try to give 2 hours between calcium use and zmk use.
I will adjust accordingly in the future.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:goodpost:

yup exactly wha i was going to say
try taking somni & zmk abt 40mins prior to bed on empty stomach and see how that treats u at night.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 10 & 11

Both nights I took both the ZMK and Somnidren. Night 10 I took my pro-complex a bit earlier and seemed to fall asleep much faster, so maybe the calcium did in fact play a role in the mix. Night 11 I ate my post workout meal a bit late so I just took my ZMK and Somnidren about 1.25 hrs after my meal and was out like a light. Been have some crazy dreams that are always fun. Sleep overall is vastly improved. Recovery is up a bit it seems, but hard to really make a solid opinion in that market. Strictly speaking on the sleep aspect, this stack is kicking some a$$.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Well i'm glad to see that you're enjoying the sleep benefits from this stack!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Night 10 & 11

Both nights I took both the ZMK and Somnidren. Night 10 I took my pro-complex a bit earlier and seemed to fall asleep much faster, so maybe the calcium did in fact play a role in the mix. Night 11 I ate my post workout meal a bit late so I just took my ZMK and Somnidren about 1.25 hrs after my meal and was out like a light. Been have some crazy dreams that are always fun. Sleep overall is vastly improved. Recovery is up a bit it seems, but hard to really make a solid opinion in that market. Strictly speaking on the sleep aspect, this stack is kicking some a$$.
wow nice .. yahh i guess the calcium was interffering with these products .. how does somni taste ? and mix ?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 12-18

Been extremely swamped at work and haven't had a chance to even jump online to update. Overall the deeper rest is amazing and somewhat addicting. I really still can not say it has helped noticably with recover, but in general better sleep will def aid. Dreams have been pretty much every night and overall crazy. Dreams are much more intense when I take both products. Nothing much else has changed with the exception of much better sleep. For anyone with issues sleeping this stack will help without a doubt. To the other person who asked about the taste of Somnidren.... Its a slight citrus tase, but not very strong. I mix a scoop in about 1oz of water and just shoot it down because I don't want to consume a lot of fluid before bed and have to wake up to piss. Taste is fine, no complaints.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean, I am worried once this stuff is gone....I wont sleep lol.

my only beef with sleep is sometimes my ex pops up in my dreams.....

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im no dream doctor...but sadly, I think that means something pretty deep.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Night 12-18

Been extremely swamped at work and haven't had a chance to even jump online to update. Overall the deeper rest is amazing and somewhat addicting. I really still can not say it has helped noticably with recover, but in general better sleep will def aid. Dreams have been pretty much every night and overall crazy. Dreams are much more intense when I take both products. Nothing much else has changed with the exception of much better sleep. For anyone with issues sleeping this stack will help without a doubt. To the other person who asked about the taste of Somnidren.... Its a slight citrus tase, but not very strong. I mix a scoop in about 1oz of water and just shoot it down because I don't want to consume a lot of fluid before bed and have to wake up to piss. Taste is fine, no complaints.
Everything is looking good in here! I think you are seeing the beginnings of the accelerated recovery process. It will only get better as your log progresses. Dreaming is a sure fire way to see that you are getting some qualtiy sleep. Crazy dreams are fun! :D

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 12-18

Currently I'm still taking the Somnidren 5 times weekly which I take on my 5 workout nights and the ZMK nightly. I think I'm noticing a bit of an increase in recovery. I blasted my chest and I knew I would be sore the next day, but to my surprise I felt good. Dreams are still obscure and crazy. Sleep is overall 200% better on this stack than without. How about a ZMK/Somnidren special at NP?? I think this is a worthwhile stack many would enjoy especially if a sale is going on. I'm not sure if I can afford to keep both in my stack after this log, but if someone from MST were to chose for me.... Which would you say you'll see the most benefit from solo?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im not sure I could answer that. The benefits from each product by themselves are massive...and then with them combined is just perfect. I really don't think I could choose one over the other.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Night 19-21

One thing I would like to comment on that I'm noticing more now than prior. Even nights without the Somnidren GH, I am experiencing crazy vivid dreams. My sleep trend is absolutely remarkable in the improvements I have made with these products. I had an amazing chest workout yesterday which I hit a new PR with and today I feel refreshed and well rested. I would say its now helping recovery to the point where it is much more noticible than previously. I look forward nightly to my new found dreams. Its crazy what the mind concocts and displays while asleep and how long your mind actually retains memory of faces of your past. These are two solid well formulated products and addiciting!!! I'm not sure they both will fit in my budget, but one of them will def stay. They are worth their weight in the dream aspect alone, let alone better sleep and recovery.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Im happy that you're starting to feel the full effects of the products!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Im happy that you're starting to feel the full effects of the products!
In a non addiciting way, these products are very addiciting. Its hard not to take the Somnidren GH every night.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I completely understand what you mean...I battle the same notions, haha. It's nice to see i'm not the only one who feels this way about them ;)

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for not updating this recently, but I just haven't had much free time and on top of that I caught a sinus infection.

My Final Thoughts

Effectiveness towards sleep: From dose 1 to the very last dose I found better sleep. I used to never really have dreams, but while on these two products my dreams increased over the duration of the product use and were so vivid. Based on my dream state I would assume I was in deep REM sleep which I tend not to reach so quickly. I would wake up on occasion a bit groggy, but that passed with my morning coffee.

ZMK: I took ZMK every night and felt with it alone I could get great sleep. I actually fell asleep quicker when I only supplemented with the ZMK. I'm unsure of the reason, but it seemed to hold true throughout the course. I actually am continuing use of ZMK based on cost per serving and overall effectiveness.

Somnidren GH: I had a tougher time actually getting to sleep on the nights I dosed Somnidren, but once asleep results didn't seem to stray from those without Somnidren. Based on what I experienced and cost, I felt ZMK provided more benefit to me than the Somnidren GH. I tried many different dosing protocols, but the one that worked best was to take the somnidren about 30 min after the ZMK.

Recovery: I find it rather hard to rate these on recovery, but based strictly on improved sleep, recovery should by logic be somewhat elevated.

Overall Thoughts: I really enjoyed running these two products since they were out of my normal supplement realm. I would recommend both products without hesiatation, but for me I just can't justify continuing use of Somnidren for the price and the benefit it added to the ZMK. Now that I'm just using the ZMK, I really don't notice any differences than when I was using both. ZMK will remain in my supplements since its unexpensive and I really enjoy its sleep benefits.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your time and efforts throughout this whole log. I'm very glad to see that you've added ZMK to your arsenal and i'm happy it has continued it's sleep benefits for you!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I really love the ZMK. I've tried different brands and variations of ZMA supplements and ZMK works the best. I'm very pleased with the product and glad I got to test it out. I mentioned it before, but you think there may be a chance to get a "Sleep" sale at NP? Somnidren/ZMK at a great sale price??

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thats something I will talk with Matt about for sure....thanks for the input!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good log buddy!

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna have to get this zmk asap man ... i think im gonna do the mvp/zmk stack guys !

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna have to get this zmk asap man ... i think im gonna do the mvp/zmk stack guys !
Always a quality choice. I have never used another multi that compares with mvp...and thats coming from my opinion prior to being a rep. It's an amazing multi...and zmk has done the most amazing things for my sleep!

Let me know what you think about it once you've got it!

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
ordered it 2day man .. i should have it on Tuesday i am def pumped