Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
had partial knee replacement done last tuesday. had a talk with rr before and decided this stack would be good for maintaining some muscle while i am inactive. the drugs i am on have killed my appetite, but i am still maintaining muscle tone with about 3 pounds of total weight lost. physical therapy has been been rough but my therapist is amazed at how fast i am improving. so far i am impressed with how things are going. btw i also got reduction to keep weight down while i rehab but as you can guess i haven't needed to use it yet.

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Good luck with the recovery bro. Glad to see things are coming along nicely.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodluck with the recovery man. Surgery can be rough

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
That sucks man, good luck and hold on to that muscle!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd ... You'll be lifting again in no time brother :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sub'd ... You'll be lifting again in no time brother :)
damn right, that danggone motivator has got me -motivated. going to see if they will let me stay over and do some upper body stuff after pt tomorrow.:aargh:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
damn right, that danggone motivator has got me -motivated. going to see if they will let me stay over and do some upper body stuff after pt tomorrow.:aargh:
Your a madman!!!!!! :clap2:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pt was a little better today, i even did 5 minutes on a bike so high up my feet barely reached the pedals, pain was pretty intense. they only gave me 15 minutes to stay over and do upper body, pw/gm did their job my muscles got a little swole after just 15 minutes of light lifting. weight is down 5 pounds but i am still taking vicidin every now and then. goal is o be vicodin free by monday, i hope.:aargh: btw i started taking something called wobenzym n, the guy at vitamin shoppe guaranteed me it would help or give my money back, at $139 a bottle i expect good things.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
did 10 minutes on bike at pt today, therapist gave me new exercises/stretches to do. was sore as hell, came home and ate, took 2 vicodin and threw up. just got up from a nap and feel better. btw i mixed poseidon/pw/gm up and drank before pt, getting ready to make another one. weight is down 6 pounds, not bad since appetite is way down and puking.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
ugh, that sucks man. hows your protein intake? perhaps you should eat and then a few hours later try taking the vics. that way you wont lose your meal... idk just a thought.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ugh, that sucks man. hows your protein intake? perhaps you should eat and then a few hours later try taking the vics. that way you wont lose your meal... idk just a thought.
i wasn't even hungry, just ate so i could take the vicodin. going to have my wife pick me up a mc donald's strawberry shake after dinner and add 2 scoops of vanilla protein to it-mmm. how many scoops of pw can i take in a day?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Bigt, sorry to hear about the knee surgery buddy. Hope you get back in the game soon my friend.

On the bright side, at least now you have more time to get on here and hang with us AM folks.:D

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey T, IMO no need to push through the pain on the bike. At your age (young considering your procedure), you're gonna heal up rediculously fast and be running circles around that bike in about a week or 2. Hope all is going well bro :cheers:

Keep lobbying for more workout time after your sessions... once they see you're not a safety risk to their clinic, I'll bet that 15 minutes will be an hour before you know it :head:

KurtisWicked

KurtisWicked

Awards
Hey T, IMO no need to push through the pain on the bike. At your age (young considering your procedure), you're gonna heal up rediculously fast and be running circles around that bike in about a week or 2. Hope all is going well bro :cheers:

Keep lobbying for more workout time after your sessions... once they see you're not a safety risk to their clinic, I'll bet that 15 minutes will be an hour before you know it :head:
I see how it is, post in bigt's log and not mine. :sad:

I agree with Celc though bigt. Also arginine will help get more blood flow to the healing tissues. Helped me BIG time after my shoulder surgery. Keep it up bro.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys for all the support. i guess i am kinda pushing it. got some calls from buds at work, i think they miss me,lol. gonna hop over to work tonight to visit. the poseidon/purple wraath/green mag is doing a good job of keeping me hydrated, ate a big dinner and a mikey d's milkshake with 2 scoops of protein. woke up this morning 3 pound heavier than yesterday.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey Bigt, sorry to hear about the knee surgery buddy. Hope you get back in the game soon my friend.

On the bright side, at least now you have more time to get on here and hang with us AM folks.:D
hey dustin, where you been hiding? good to hear from you.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established

HAHA, thanks man!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
the poseidon/purple wraath/green mag is doing a good job of keeping me hydrated, ate a big dinner and a mikey d's milkshake with 2 scoops of protein. woke up this morning 3 pound heavier than yesterday.
:clap2::bruce1::thumbsup:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey dustin, where you been hiding? good to hear from you.
Been doing the bigt thing and busting my tail at work. I log on everynow and then to keep an eye on you though buddy.;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Been doing the bigt thing and busting my tail at work. I log on everynow and then to keep an eye on you though buddy.;)
haha work, yeah i remember that. this is longest ive been off work in over 20 years. but good for you, working hard is good for building character. just make sure to take time for family, friends and things that are important to you.:clap2:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha work, yeah i remember that. this is longest ive been off work in over 20 years. but good for you, working hard is good for building character. just make sure to take time for family, friends and things that are important to you.:clap2:
Don't worry about that T. I always make room for quality time.:thumbsup:

Bet it's been a killer for you, having to be gone from work for so long. Seems like you share a pretty good relationship with the establishment you work for, seeing as how you visit on you leave.:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't worry about that T. I always make room for quality time.:thumbsup:

Bet it's been a killer for you, having to be gone from work for so long. Seems like you share a pretty good relationship with the establishment you work for, seeing as how you visit on you leave.:)
oh yeah, most of my crew have been together a long time. we all spend so many hours at work, that we share a lot of common interests. kind of hard on new hires, since most of us have been there a long time. i work for a big corp. but my plant is mostly left alone-as long as we don't screw up.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, most of my crew have been together a long time. we all spend so many hours at work, that we share a lot of common interests. kind of hard on new hires, since most of us have been there a long time. i work for a big corp. but my plant is mostly left alone-as long as we don't screw up.
WE're the same way. most of us lift together and are pretty tight. but we've been known to make the newbies run through the woods for sweet freedom on lunch break :twisted::twisted::twisted:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
WE're the same way. most of us lift together and are pretty tight. but we've been known to make the newbies run through the woods for sweet freedom on lunch break :twisted::twisted::twisted:
haha, i know exactly what you mean. my shop is union, you have a 90 day probation. the new hires really sweat it out to make it in.:toofunny:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
After PT tomorrow, update us on how the knee is feeling :afro:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After PT tomorrow, update us on how the knee is feeling :afro:
tues celc. hey i am feeling good right now, i am off the vicodin and taking tramadol instead. feeling much better.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
tues celc. hey i am feeling good right now, i am off the vicodin and taking tramadol instead. feeling much better.

Cool Man!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys, appreciate the support. it is tough fighting through pain, but it is even more tough to imagine live without all the things i enjoy. btw rr i plan on cracking open the reduction tomorrow, and purple wraath is kick asss.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys, appreciate the support. it is tough fighting through pain, but it is even more tough to imagine live without all the things i enjoy. btw rr i plan on cracking open the reduction tomorrow, and purple wraath is kick asss.
Good 2 hear man!!! Can't wait to hear your feedback on the REDuction

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good 2 hear man!!! Can't wait to hear your feedback on the REDuction
since i have been stim free for awhile now i started with 1 red tab before pt today. i have to say i could feel a difference, i was very alert and focused. also took 1 scoop of gm with a scoop of pw and 2 scoops of poseidon. aside from the pain i continue to improve. when i got home i took another dose of gm/pw. i will take another scoop of pw/posidon before bed, along with 2 black tabs of reduction. on a side note, i have been taking wobenzym n. i have made it through an entire day including pushing it at pt without a single pain pill.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
since i have been stim free for awhile now i started with 1 red tab before pt today. i have to say i could feel a difference, i was very alert and focused. also took 1 scoop of gm with a scoop of pw and 2 scoops of poseidon. aside from the pain i continue to improve. when i got home i took another dose of gm/pw. i will take another scoop of pw/posidon before bed, along with 2 black tabs of reduction. on a side note, i have been taking wobenzym n. i have made it through an entire day including pushing it at pt without a single pain pill.

Congrats man!!!! Your doing really well with this log. :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
took 2 reduction upon waking today, nice to be on stims again. i know i am a stim junkie, i just like having extra energy and stims plain old make me feel good. reduction gets high marks, so far. i expected the effects to be good since i have been stim free for a long time. btw the black pm caps made me sleep longer than i had planned, i will call that a good thing. knee is feeling better today, i think healing process is going very well. pt tomorrow.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
took 2 reduction upon waking today, nice to be on stims again. i know i am a stim junkie, i just like having extra energy and stims plain old make me feel good. reduction gets high marks, so far. i expected the effects to be good since i have been stim free for a long time. btw the black pm caps made me sleep longer than i had planned, i will call that a good thing. knee is feeling better today, i think healing process is going very well. pt tomorrow.

I think the healing process is going excellent so far brother! :thumbsup:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just clicked a few links for WE n. IMO I don't see how it could hurt anything.

I'd bet it has some anti-inflammatory properties like cissus. On the flip side, there's not a whole lot of convincing evidence that anything actually instigates joint (technically cartilage) regeneration. Of course in your case, you probably have only 1/2 as much joint to regenerate with your new improved fancy knee :head:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just clicked a few links for WE n. IMO I don't see how it could hurt anything.

I'd bet it has some anti-inflammatory properties like cissus. On the flip side, there's not a whole lot of convincing evidence that anything actually instigates joint (technically cartilage) regeneration. Of course in your case, you probably have only 1/2 as much joint to regenerate with your new improved fancy knee :head:
my new moniker 'thebigbionict'.:toofunny:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
pt went real good today, i am going to wear my air cast and use my cane, but i am taking my dog for a walk today. i am really enjoying the supplements i am taking, nothing hormonal for awhile now. i believe i am going to come out of this in decent shape. btw i am thinking about going fishing with some of my buds from work this weekend.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm with ya bro. I've had my elbow reconstructed and have a ton of hardware in there. :numbered:
everytime i see your avatar i am reminded how much i want to see 'dark knight'. the last really good movie i saw was 'no country for old men'. btw just got through listening to allman bro's 'one way out' and cream's 'white room', now im gonna listen to stones 'paint it,black'. saw a best of rare earth at the mall with a 21 minute version of 'get ready' going to have my wife pick it up. too bad todays music ain't got no soul.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
went to gym today-whoohoo. only went 60%, upper body is still strong, i am thinking once i am healed the strength will come back quickly. btw the reduction is working well to keep appetite in check. usually when i am less active i eat-a lot. i been taking a dose of green mag before doing simple things like taking dog for walk, along with a 2 scoop dose of purple wraath to drink on the way. muscle mass and tone is holding up nice. going to a buds house to play poker tonight, wish me luck...:duel:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dark Knight was kick asss! It's worth taking the time to see IMO, especially if you liked Batman Begins.

One Way Out and White Room are 2 of my favs. I just saw Chris Cornell from Soundgarden the other night and he was pretty darn good too. But I agree, he's one of the few "modern" rockers that knows how to get it done. I've only heard a handful of Rare Earth stuff but my initial impression is that they were a pretty good group.

How's pain with the day to day stuff like walkin the dog? It sure sounds like u're on the right track so far T :cheers:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
went to gym today-whoohoo. only went 60%, upper body is still strong, i am thinking once i am healed the strength will come back quickly. btw the reduction is working well to keep appetite in check. usually when i am less active i eat-a lot. i been taking a dose of green mag before doing simple things like taking dog for walk, along with a 2 scoop dose of purple wraath to drink on the way. muscle mass and tone is holding up nice. going to a buds house to play poker tonight, wish me luck...:duel:
Great progress...! That's interesting about being inactive and hungry. Usually the opposite for me; the more active I am the hungrier I am. Either way REDuction will take care of that!
60% is really good after a surgery like this man. :thumbsup:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dark Knight was kick asss! It's worth taking the time to see IMO, especially if you liked Batman Begins.

One Way Out and White Room are 2 of my favs. I just saw Chris Cornell from Soundgarden the other night and he was pretty darn good too. But I agree, he's one of the few "modern" rockers that knows how to get it done. I've only heard a handful of Rare Earth stuff but my initial impression is that they were a pretty good group.

How's pain with the day to day stuff like walkin the dog? It sure sounds like u're on the right track so far T :cheers:
aaah pain, it's worth it though. rare earth is like kiss, the live albums are much better than studio,imo. glad to hear you like dark knight.:thumbsup:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great progress...! That's interesting about being inactive and hungry. Usually the opposite for me; the more active I am the hungrier I am. Either way REDuction will take care of that!
60% is really good after a surgery like this man. :thumbsup:
the hunger from working out is different. idleness just makes me want to eat junk, mental thing i think. and yes the reduction is helping with that. yeah, i am proud of what ive been able to do so far.