• Legend!
  • Established
[size=+2]Golden Finish[/size]

Controlled Labs-Golden Finish

Stats: Age: 19
Weight: 160
Body Fat: 8.5%

Diet: 2700 Cals, 40 Carbs/35 Pro/ 25 Fats
Carbs are mostly from breakfast and my post-WO meal. Then later on it is veggies with pro+fats. Carb sources are oat bran, whole wheat bread & wraps, veggies & salads. Protein is whey pre-WO, then chicken, lean meats and fish. Fats are flaxseeds, pistachios, coconut, fish and cod liver oil.

Training: Just finished 3 weeks doing 4x10, and did 5x5 before that. Was looking for a new program, and I think advanced GVT might be right for me (Thanks for the idea Haiz!)

Background: I just came off an X-Factor cycle. I didn't experience any extra DOMS, possibly because at the end of my workouts I take 5g Leucine, Glutamine & BCAA's. However starting a new training program always involves muscle soreness, so I will evaluate how well Golden Finish can minimize the pain and speed my recovery. I typically train 5-6 days/week. I do HIIT sprints about 3-4 times per week after my workouts except leg days. After I write my MCAT's this Thursday, I will have enough time that I will incorporate some longer low-intensity cardio.

BackgroundMy body type is ectomorph; I've always done endurance spots like soccer, played winger in rugby and have always run. I have no problem with carbs, but I limit my carb-heavy meals to my breakfast (90 mins pre-WO) and then PWO.

Staple Supplements:
Green Tea Extract
NOW Adam Multi
Fish Oil (10 caps/day).
Beta-Alanine
ZMA
Anabolic Pump w/ Breakfast & PWO Meal
CoQ10, Calcium, Vit. C (3g), Vit D (1400 IU), B-Vitamins...There's alot lol

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Flavour Review

Taste: 7.5/10
After 7 servings, I feel that the taste has neither grown nor gotten old, but it isn't as appealing as my home-made shakes. One reason is that I prefer my shakes slighty sweeter than what GF provides. I have experimented with adding some stevia and it helps, but this review is based on the product on its own.

Texture 8/10

Because it contains complex carbs, it will inherently be a bit gritty. Sure CL could have used simple-sugars and had a smooth drink, but I believe the use of simple sugars isn't necessary, and thus the complex carbs found in GF are perfect for me. There is definitely a sort of chalky taste; it is halfway between ground oats and WMS as a comparison. I found that by adding the whisk into my blender bottle (I usually omit it for my BCAA drink), there are no clumps are it is quite smooth.

Mixability: 9/10

Almost no issues. It isn't instant-mix, but I have had no clumps at the bottom or any problems.

Of note, I have experiment with sipping this drink intra-workout, and have found that my performance in HIIT sprints after weight training is not hindered by the GF, and if anything is enhanced due to the carbs supplying energy for my intense sprints.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm coming off X-Factor, so I might have extra DOMS for the first week. I'm holding off on the flavour review until Tues. to give it a full week. If the flavour grows on me/gets old, I want to me able to let you know :) I started the GVT on Mon. July 7th, and from the 1st-6th I was just doing my regular 4x10 routine. It needed a switch-up. The first 4 work-outs therefore were average, but the GVT should be very demanding and punishing; looking forward to seeing how my body responds!

DAY 1- Legs

Workout
Leg Press (4x10)
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts (4x10,10,9,8)
Calf Presses (4x15)
Seated Calf Raises (4x15)
Front Squat (4x10)
Hack Squat (3x10)

15 mins Elliptical Cooldown

Comments:
I do leg press because I've had many knee injuries in the past so I tend to stay away from free-weight squats. I know the benefits, but I need to keep it safe. Front squat was done in the smith machine carefully. I replaced my 5g Glutamine/BCAA/Leucine shake today with the GF. Started sipping on it as I started the hack squats and finished it after the cardio. No stiffness the next day, except a little in the glues from the hack squat.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stats: Age: 19
Weight: 160
Body Fat: 8.5%
Still hate you.:aargh:

BackgroundMy body type is ectomorph;
Sucks to be you. :hammer:

played winger in rugby
I play Winger in mp3 and YT

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I have always enjoyed you and your very generous effort in keeping me up to speed on, well, just about everything. You are greatly appreciated.

I look forward to your feedback on this product. I have always been interested in it simply based on its outstanding ingredient profile. Good luck and thanks for the forthcoming review.

Thanks Steveo!

BTW: If you feel the need, you can report this post and I'll see to it that it gets handled appropriately :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2: Chest and Back

Workout:
BB Bench (Decline & Incline, 4x10)
Weighted Dips
Low Rows & Chin-Ups

Comments:
This was just a regular Chest & back day. No soreness the next day, but I think this is due to my body having adapted to this training routine. Starting German Volume Training in a few days, that should be a shock to the system.

Day 3 was a rest day. No Golden Finish deliciousness :(

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4- Shoulders

Workout:
Military Press (4x10)
Shoulder Raises (4x10)
DB Lateral Raises (4x10)
Trap Raises (4x12)

Comments:
Last day of the old routine. Did some HIIT sprints afterwards, taking the day off tomorrow then doing German Volume Training. I'm going to do the basic not advanced version for now and see how it goes.

Day 5- Getting Ready for GVT!:aargh: That was all just a warmup. Luckily I only used 3 servings of Golden Finish, but I have a feeling I'm going to need it with GVT.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must have missed this one initially steveo. :)

I wish you luck in this log. I'm really antsy to try this product myself. Great job thusfar as always on the log bud. :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6 - Legs

Workout:
Leg Press: 10 x 10
Abs 5x10 (An old guy stole the ab stuff I was using lol)
Calf Presses 2x10

Comments:
I was going for 10x10 on the ab workout, but like I mentioned some guy plunked himself down on the machine, so I switched a different one then some lady started doing like 50 reps on that... so the abs didn't get hit ultra-hard. I probably wouldn't have been able to keep it up though, because I was pushing myself so hard on the leg presses that I got a massive headache. Ended up only doing 2 sets of calf presses (Instead of 3x12) , did a quick bit of cardio and called it a day.

I noticed some light DOMS but nothing really significant. I didn't have the weight high enough on the Leg Press, because I shouldn't have been able to get 10 reps in on those last sets. Will bump it up 40 lbs next week and see how that goes.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
Leg Press: 10 x 10
Abs 5x10 (An old guy stole the ab stuff I was using lol)
Calf Presses 2x10

Comments:
I was going for 10x10 on the ab workout, but like I mentioned some guy plunked himself down on the machine, so I switched a different one then some lady started doing like 50 reps on that... so the abs didn't get hit ultra-hard. I probably wouldn't have been able to keep it up though, because I was pushing myself so hard on the leg presses that I got a massive headache. Ended up only doing 2 sets of calf presses (Instead of 3x12) , did a quick bit of cardio and called it a day.

I noticed some light DOMS but nothing really significant. I didn't have the weight high enough on the Leg Press, because I shouldn't have been able to get 10 reps in on those last sets. Will bump it up 40 lbs next week and see how that goes.
Good call. The first few workouts using GVT mostly figuring out what weight to use. either way 10 sets of 10 leg press is rockin! :thumbsup:

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Log lookn good stev-o. Im very excited about all these great ingredients bound to do good things for all of us.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7- Chest & Back

Workout:
Decline DB Bench: 10x10, with two sets near the end only getting 9
Chin-Ups, 2x10 Free, then another 8 Sets with some weight assist

Incl. DB Flies; 3x10
DB Rows: 3x10

Comments:
Finally sore the next day! Got some decent DOMS in my chest. Not very much in the lats/back, but I think it's because the way I had to grip the handles I wasn't hitting them that well. Next back day I might just go the lat pulldown but my palms towards and hands close, to mimic a chin-up with good form.

So that's really Day 2 of GVT, and I think I have many more sore days ahead :) On a side note, I may be flying out to a wedding next week for my cousin that I didn't think I was going to. Will let you guys know, but I might be taking this log on the road. Atleast with GVT I can hit the major muscle group at their cheap gym which usually only has a leg press and a bench machine :frustrate

PS I got my before pics on my camera still. I'll upload them after I write my MCAT tomorrow :eek:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I can't wait to get my GF. I love the taste of CL stuff. Subbed.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yes, good luck with the MCAT! Good to know the GVT is starting to kick in (DOMs)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4- Shoulders

Workout:
Dips: 10,10,10,10,10,10,9,8,7,8
Incl. DB Bicep Curls: 10,10,10,10,10,9,8,8,8,9

Comments:
I was planning on doing 3x12 of some other DB moves, but I find the 10 sets of 10 so exhausting that I didn't have it in me today. Also I did the shoulder workout after my MCAT's, and despite having a meal I didn't eat enough so by the time I finished the 10x10 I was starving and couldn't workout any more.
I was expecting some serious DOMS from all the dips and bicep curls which I neglect in my usual training, however minimal soreness.

I restarted the numbering on my log to correspond to when I started my GVT training, so in case you're wondering if I found a way to travel back in time ;)

Day 3 was a rest day, and I just studied for my MCAT's. They went well except for the stupid verbal section. 60 minutes to read 7 passages and answer 40 questions is VERY hard with such a tight time limit, but the rest went solid. Now the 30 days to find out how I did begins :frustrate .

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5- Cardio

Well it was supposed to be a rest day, but I figured some cardio would be good for me , plus I love it lol. Looking forward to leg day tomorrow, and this time I'll get those abs burning. No old man is going to steal my machines!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Well it was supposed to be a rest day, but I figured some cardio would be good for me , plus I love it lol. Looking forward to leg day tomorrow, and this time I'll get those abs burning. No old man is going to steal my machines!

Cardio on rest days - nothing wrong wtih that!!! :goodpost:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
You can never have a day off can't ya? Haha I'm a little like that too! Keep it up!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6- Legs

Workout:
1a) Leg Press : 10x10
1b) Ab crunches: 15,15,15,15,12,12,12,10,10,10

2a) Leg Curls 3x10
2b) Calf Presses 3x10

Comments:
Today I had to use a different leg press machine because my usual one was broken :aargh: Anyways, it's a bit different so I changed the weight and apparently a bit too low so I didn't get that hard of a workout in despite focusing on going through the full range of motion. I didn't notice any DOMS then next day, although when doing my HIIT sprints the next day I felt a bit of extra fatigue in the legs.

I did lots of ab work, but that didn't manage to give me any DOMS either surprisingly because I typically don't hit my abs that hard. I will bump up the weight for next week.

Body Comp: I got it done yesterday upon waking and it said 9.5%, but after the cardio and today's workout I feel the same as I did when I was holding at 8.5%. I would say quite confidently that I am still at the same bf%, but that is the error associated with the Bio-Electrical Impedance testing. Also check out my flavour review :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The lack of DOMs is very promising. Great workout brother!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7- Chest & Back

Workout:
1a) Decline DB (8x10,9,9)
1b) PullDowns (10x10)
2a) Incline Flies (2x10)
2b Low Rows (2x10)

HIIT Sprints: 10 sets of 30s on/60s rest

Comments:
I bumped up the decline db's 5lbs from last week AND I was able to almost get 10x10 out. It looks like I'm going to have to bump it up another 5 lbs next week! I ended up doing pulldowns because some guy was relaxing at the chin-up bar for ages, and the weight wasn't sufficient to fully tire myself out.

Regarding DOMS, unfortunately/thankfully I experienced almost no DOMS. This leads me to the conclusion that last week I experienced the doms because I hadn't done DB Declines in a while. I guess I just have to lift harder ;)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
1a) Decline DB (8x10,9,9)
1b) PullDowns (10x10)
2a) Incline Flies (2x10)
2b Low Rows (2x10)

HIIT Sprints: 10 sets of 30s on/60s rest

Comments:
I bumped up the decline db's 5lbs from last week AND I was able to almost get 10x10 out. It looks like I'm going to have to bump it up another 5 lbs next week! I ended up doing pulldowns because some guy was relaxing at the chin-up bar for ages, and the weight wasn't sufficient to fully tire myself out.

Regarding DOMS, unfortunately/thankfully I experienced almost no DOMS. This leads me to the conclusion that last week I experienced the doms because I hadn't done DB Declines in a while. I guess I just have to lift harder ;)
Nice workout!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8- Deadlifts & Cardio

Workout:
Deadlifts 5x10
Elliptical: 40 Minutes

Comments:
Today was supposed to be a rest day, so naturally I threw in some deadlifts and 40 mins of cardio, you know nothing too tough ;) Since I hadn't done deadlifts in >2 weeks, the next day my back was quite sore. Feeling stiff all over from only 5 sets.

The cardio went quite well, I haven't had much time to do cardio since I was studying for the MCAT's. The endorphins kicked in and the 40 mins flew by. I was actually sipping on GFH towards the end of my cardio and had no stomach discomfort.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 9- Shoulders

Workout:
1a)Dips 9x10,9,8
1b)Bicep Curls: 10x8
2a) DB Lat Raises
2b) BB Delt Raises/Shoulder Pulls

Comments:
Well today was an interesting workout. I noticed immediately that my dips were harder than usual, which I feel is due to my chest workout on Day 7. What this is telling me is that my body had a good workout and had some muscle damage, but the GFH managed to hide my DOMS and soreness. This seems very promising to me.

I was also feeling mentally tired. This I attribute to the cardio yesterday and not refueling my body properly. After my cardio I only had a WW wrap and 2 of my WW biscotti, which is roughly 45g complex carbs. Throughout the day I had some other carbs ( WW lasagna, veggies etc.) but I don't feel they fully restored my glycogen. This morning I had my usual porridge (70g complex carbs), but my body needed the carbs yesterday. Therefore today my body was rundown, and I had the feeling of overtraining. I will be taking the day off tomorrow (Roadtrip down to Buffalo for some shopping and NP order pickup :) ). Will be back with an update on Thursday!

PS on a side note, don't spill your GFH on your white towel. The yellow colour is very noticeable ;)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
1a)Dips 9x10,9,8
1b)Bicep Curls: 10x8
2a) DB Lat Raises
2b) BB Delt Raises/Shoulder Pulls

Comments:
Well today was an interesting workout. I noticed immediately that my dips were harder than usual, which I feel is due to my chest workout on Day 7. What this is telling me is that my body had a good workout and had some muscle damage, but the GFH managed to hide my DOMS and soreness. This seems very promising to me.

I was also feeling mentally tired. This I attribute to the cardio yesterday and not refueling my body properly. After my cardio I only had a WW wrap and 2 of my WW biscotti, which is roughly 45g complex carbs. Throughout the day I had some other carbs ( WW lasagna, veggies etc.) but I don't feel they fully restored my glycogen. This morning I had my usual porridge (70g complex carbs), but my body needed the carbs yesterday. Therefore today my body was rundown, and I had the feeling of overtraining. I will be taking the day off tomorrow (Roadtrip down to Buffalo for some shopping and NP order pickup :) ). Will be back with an update on Thursday!

PS on a side note, don't spill your GFH on your white towel. The yellow colour is very noticeable ;)
Sounds like fun! Have a safe and good trip. What will you be picking up @ NP ?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like fun! Have a safe and good trip. What will you be picking up @ NP ?
Oodles of stuff lol. Green Tea, my ON Casein, White Flood for jjohn, AP, CLA, ALA, ZMA, Grapeseed Extract, Respberry Ketones, Whole bunch of Vitamins ( Stocking the whole family lol), Xtend, Sesamin Oil (It got me curious, picked up 2 bottles), Reset AD, Acetyl-L-Car, ATW Cinnabun... it's a hefty amount :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Oodles of stuff lol. Green Tea, my ON Casein, White Flood for jjohn, AP, CLA, ALA, ZMA, Grapeseed Extract, Respberry Ketones, Whole bunch of Vitamins ( Stocking the whole family lol), Xtend, Sesamin Oil (It got me curious, picked up 2 bottles), Reset AD, Acetyl-L-Car, ATW Cinnabun... it's a hefty amount :)
OOOOO ... Looking great! Esp the White FLOOD & ZMA ;)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10- Rest (Not!)

Workout:
45 Mins Fasted Cardio

Comments:
Well today was supposed to be a rest day, but I felt like doing a bit of cardio. I popped 3 Dialene-4's and was absolutely rocked lol. I haven't used caffeine in a while other than in my tea, and I didn't realized how much Niacin was in these red caps. It was only after my ears turned red and my throat started getting itchy that I realized these babies had more than just caffeine! 45 minutes flew by, and the appetite suppression from these was quite unexpected! It seems to have worn off as I'm starving now, but I got to say I was quite impressed!

Side note: Before/during my cardio I took 5g Glutamine, BCAA's and Leucine to keep myself out of a catabolic state. I sipped on my GFH after the cardio.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 11: Legs & Abs

Workout:
Leg Press 8x10, 9,9
Lying Leg Raises 5x10

Comments:
The leg press was absolutely exhausting so I didn't follow it up with any accessory movements. Definitely killed the legs today though; luckily no headache like that first workout.
I started sipping the GFH right at the start of my workout, and by the 5th set, I think the foam wasn't sitting well and my stomach started feeling funny so I stopped the ab work. It was partly due to drinking too much foam, and partly sipping too early because my breakfast was 2 hours before working out (I prefer 60-90 mins).

On the other hand, I'm taking this show on the road! Flying off to my cousin's wedding in Edmonton, so my last few servings are in a big Ziploc baggie ready to fly! I know that some people might see this as throwing a wrench in their training, but I'm determined to make this a positive experience. The hotels will certainly have poorer equipment, but this will make me train in different forms. There's lots of body weight exercises I look forward to trying, and also I expect the hotels will be pretty good for stair work! I'll update with pics and stories after the wedding Saturday!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I knew I should have stole that....:run:

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
that's enough for a whole party of people.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
Leg Press 8x10, 9,9
Lying Leg Raises 5x10

Comments:
The leg press was absolutely exhausting so I didn't follow it up with any accessory movements. Definitely killed the legs today though; luckily no headache like that first workout.
I started sipping the GFH right at the start of my workout, and by the 5th set, I think the foam wasn't sitting well and my stomach started feeling funny so I stopped the ab work. It was partly due to drinking too much foam, and partly sipping too early because my breakfast was 2 hours before working out (I prefer 60-90 mins).

On the other hand, I'm taking this show on the road! Flying off to my cousin's wedding in Edmonton, so my last few servings are in a big Ziploc baggie ready to fly! I know that some people might see this as throwing a wrench in their training, but I'm determined to make this a positive experience. The hotels will certainly have poorer equipment, but this will make me train in different forms. There's lots of body weight exercises I look forward to trying, and also I expect the hotels will be pretty good for stair work! I'll update with pics and stories after the wedding Saturday!
I admire your dedication to bring this log on the road and continue your workouts regardless. Thank you man! Have fun @ the wedding!!!! :afro:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 12- Chest & Back

Workout:
1a) Bench: 11x10 (lost count lol)
1b) Pull-Ups 10,9,8,7,6,6,5,6,7,5
Pushups 3x to Failure

Comments:
I was a bit jet-lagged. I got up at 4:45 am to catch my flight, and hit the gym in the evening which I don't usually do. I didn't bring any pre-WO supp's to energize me, so I didn't have the greatest focus. Nonetheless I gave it a good shot, and was surprised when I didn't have any DOMS in my chest the next-day because I felt I hit it pretty hard. I sipped on my GFH throughout the workout, and was done by the 11th set. I'm finding that I prefer to mix 2 scoops in 500 mL of water, then add a 3rd scoop into about 250ml. This consistency is much better for me.

Also I was tired and put the powder in before the water... Not a good idea lol. Had a yellow iceberg for a bit; thank goodness for my blender bottle!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 13- Wedding & Cardio

Did 35 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning, but I didn't have my BCAA's I rely on while doing my fasted cardio, and I was sipping GFH although it wasn't quite the same. I also didn't have the mental focus I normally do from fat-burners I take before my morning cardio (Like Lipo-AM, Dialene, Recreate etc.) so I didn't stay on too long.

Didn't stop me from having a massive dinner! I wonder what happens to all that extra protein because I'm sure I got 100g+. Mussels, Scallops, Shrimp, Chicken+ Loads of veggies & peppers. I was in heaven lol. I cheated a little bit and had some of my favourite chocolate hedgehogs... to die for! I was feeling definitely bloated the next morning. I'm probably above 10% bf now.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great log thus far steve!

NP rules!!! :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Did 35 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning, but I didn't have my BCAA's I rely on while doing my fasted cardio, and I was sipping GFH although it wasn't quite the same. I also didn't have the mental focus I normally do from fat-burners I take before my morning cardio (Like Lipo-AM, Dialene, Recreate etc.) so I didn't stay on too long.

Didn't stop me from having a massive dinner! I wonder what happens to all that extra protein because I'm sure I got 100g+. Mussels, Scallops, Shrimp, Chicken+ Loads of veggies & peppers. I was in heaven lol. I cheated a little bit and had some of my favourite chocolate hedgehogs... to die for! I was feeling definitely bloated the next morning. I'm probably above 10% bf now.
Chocolate hedgehogs? Like the animal? lol
Your making me hungry!!! :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for the spotty updates. I've been on vacation, and in some places I've had no internet for days the little places were so remote! But I've been keeping a log of my workouts (There were only 2 servings of GFH left) and I will post up pics on Monday morning (getting in late tomorrow night). I have been cheating a bit lately but keeping my overall daily cals pretty close, so I shouldn't have too much fat gain despite some cheat meals.

The chocolate hedgehogs I mentioned were the Purdy's ones that are to die for, and I even found a dark-chocolate variety! These guys http://www.purdys.com/dept.asp?Dept_ID=2&PF_ID=1004&Spacer=&SID=3VNVJDR1H2SN9MQ86V2TTNNNR9036M&PriceCat=1

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the spotty updates. I've been on vacation, and in some places I've had no internet for days the little places were so remote! But I've been keeping a log of my workouts (There were only 2 servings of GFH left) and I will post up pics on Monday morning (getting in late tomorrow night). I have been cheating a bit lately but keeping my overall daily cals pretty close, so I shouldn't have too much fat gain despite some cheat meals.

The chocolate hedgehogs I mentioned were the Purdy's ones that are to die for, and I even found a dark-chocolate variety! These guys http://www.purdys.com/dept.asp?Dept_ID=2&PF_ID=1004&Spacer=&SID=3VNVJDR1H2SN9MQ86V2TTNNNR9036M&PriceCat=1
Thanks for your update man!!! Glad to know you've had the dedication to log on vacation :) Looking forward to more updates!!! :thumbsup:

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
those chocolate hedgehogs look damn yummy! a dark chocolate version would be even better.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 14- Shoulders & Biceps (After the Wedding)

Workout:
Dips: 5x10,9,8,8,7,8
Bicep Curls: 8x10,9,8
Scissor Machine: 5x10

2a) Military Shoulder Press 3x12
2b) DB Lat Raises 3x12

Comments:
I was surprised I had the energy to workout the day after the wedding consdering how late it all went. Lots of dancing, went easy on the drinking, just some champagne. No soreness at all the next day, and that's with only GFH and no Glutamine/BCAA/Glutamine etc.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 15- Full Body

Workout:
4x10 circuit of:
Weighted Dips
Leg Press
Pulldowns
Incline Bench
Trap Raises

4x10 Circuit of
Leg Extension
Low Row
Leg Curl
Shoulder Press

Comments:
I hadn't worked out in a few days, so I decided to hit ALL the muscle groups. This workout surprisingly only took about 50 minutes to boot! Despite all the new exercises, I had no soreness the next day. My shoulders & anterior delts were pretty exhausted & sore after the workout, but in the morning they were feeling fine :)

Will post up pics, final review and comments in a few hours.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Workout:
4x10 circuit of:
Weighted Dips
Leg Press
Pulldowns
Incline Bench
Trap Raises

4x10 Circuit of
Leg Extension
Low Row
Leg Curl
Shoulder Press

Comments:
I hadn't worked out in a few days, so I decided to hit ALL the muscle groups. This workout surprisingly only took about 50 minutes to boot! Despite all the new exercises, I had no soreness the next day. My shoulders & anterior delts were pretty exhausted & sore after the workout, but in the morning they were feeling fine :)

Will post up pics, final review and comments in a few hours.
Looks cool! Cant wait to see your progress pics!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright. These pics don't really do justice to what I've started to notice on the GVT Training, plus I can't pose if my life depended on it lol. With GVT I've started to notice improvement in my chest, should be more noticeable in a month I'd say. Unfortunately there was only about 1.5 weeks of GVT before I went on vacation, and then my training wasn't as focused. Anyways here are the before & after pics, am writing up the review now too.

Also with the wedding and lack of cardio etc. I did put some bf on.

BEFORE

AFTER

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great pics bro!!!! I notice a difference for sure

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright. These pics don't really do justice to what I've started to notice on the GVT Training, plus I can't pose if my life depended on it lol. With GVT I've started to notice improvement in my chest, should be more noticeable in a month I'd say. Unfortunately there was only about 1.5 weeks of GVT before I went on vacation, and then my training wasn't as focused. Anyways here are the before & after pics, am writing up the review now too.

Also with the wedding and lack of cardio etc. I did put some bf on.
Great job Steveo.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Your back really came along best. So what ever your doing with it keep doing its working.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did put some bf on.
Yeah, you border obese:nutkick:

Stay just as lean as you are and keep lifting. You are at the ideal physiologically age and body fat to continue to grow at a good rate. Don't miss the window because of fear of getting fat.

Eat some, lift hard, and keep up your cardio. Cardio is a great partioner.

You're doing great!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Golden Finish- Final Review

Mixability-8.5/10
Doesn't mix as well as micronized/small particle powders, but that is to be expected. However if you add the powder after the water and shake well in a blender bottle, you're almost assured no clumps in <30s.

Taste:7/10
Just wasn't sweet enough for me, and didn't have that much of a "tropical" flavour. It also had a bit of a chalky taste from the complex carbs which slightly detracted from the taste.

Effectiveness: 9/10
In comparison to my usual regime of 5g Glutamine/BCAA/Leucine, the ingredients of GFH provide more recovery . The 14g of BCAA's/EAA's provide lots of Amino acids to helps set the body in an anabolic state, and with these vital elements getting absorbed so shortly after my workout, I feel they were able to minimize any muscle catabolism .

Usage Suggestions:
I would recommend mixing 1-2 scoops in 10-20 oz. of water. Start sipping on this halfway through you workout, then take the 3rd scoop after working out. I've found this doesn't affect my workout intensity, and allows me to have my PWO meal sooner.

Alternatively, you can take it as a PWO shake like recommended. If so, I would recommend adding another ~25g of protein to get the 2:1 ratio of Carbs:protein, your choice whether fast or slow acting. My suggestion would be some milk and/or ground oats, but that is just my dogma.

Value: 7.5/10
This product delivers many components together in a convenient and tasty formula. While you could make a similar product yourself, the convenience is important and the value of the ingredients alone adds up quickly. I remember CL mentioning there is little markup on GFH, and if you look at the quality ingredients included you would see why. At $2 a serving, this doesn't come cheap so if you're not willing to spend much you could get by with bulk powders with poorer taste.

In the past I've had little DOMS, but that was mainly from a stagnant training routine. When I started German Volume Training, it really took the intensity up a level, and this is when GFH really shined. I feel it helped keep the DOMS to a minimum by helping my muscles repair and regrow quickly.

Overall:
8/10
I can't stress the importance of recovery, and this product will allow you to start shuttling nutrients that your body needs quickly in the post workout. GFH does an excellent job of providing nutrients as a PWO shake that could use some added carbs, and makes a fantastic albeit pricey intra-WO drink if you can stomach it (which I did just fine). Overall this product is great for people who believe an insulin spike isn't necessary post-WO, and desire a flavoured premade PWO shake. Golden Finish commands a high price at $2/serving, but if it were to go on sale in the future I would probably pick up another tub for the convenience and the great recovery is provided.