Drink enough Distilled Water and you can give all your freinds a Golden Finish

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Well im not very sore 2day and my chest is looking full. I had some carbs this morning after tennis. I was dieing out there but it was a great cardio session.

I am going to train back later this evening. Give me some time to recover from tennis
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Well im not very sore 2day and my chest is looking full. I had some carbs this morning after tennis. I was dieing out there but it was a great cardio session.

I am going to train back later this evening. Give me some time to recover from tennis
    :dl: :dl:
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Nah no deads for now. Im saving up for DC training

Great workout last night, short and sweet and pump'd to the max!

Pull-Ups
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx8

Smith Bent Over Rows
    135x20
    185x12
    225x10
    -I was really strong on these

Back Hyper Extensions
    3xBWx12

DC stretch 60sec.

That was it. I rested about 1.5min between sets. Then slammed some GF and feeling full as always. Today I am not sore at all, just some full Lats, I'm loving this! The results that is......RR the taste still not there,lol.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Nah no deads for now. Im saving up for DC training

Great workout last night, short and sweet and pump'd to the max!

Pull-Ups
    BWx10
    BWx10
    BWx8

Smith Bent Over Rows
    135x20
    185x12
    225x10
    -I was really strong on these

Back Hyper Extensions
    3xBWx12

DC stretch 60sec.

That was it. I rested about 1.5min between sets. Then slammed some GF and feeling full as always. Today I am not sore at all, just some full Lats, I'm loving this! The results that is......RR the taste still not there,lol.
    You have to BELIEVEEEE!!! lol. jk.

I'm really happy that it's working so well for you. No DOMs is pretty great. It means you get to train more than normal IMO
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    You have to BELIEVEEEE!!! lol. jk.

I'm really happy that it's working so well for you. No DOMs is pretty great. It means you get to train more than normal IMO
    Im happy that I get an huge full (muscle) feeling 20min after im done with my shake. This no DOMS is great and should be awesome for next week when Im going back to the 3/day a week and carb cycling. This means I may have to train with no GF after words........could get ugly.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

Hit shoulders 2day and went very very well

Standing behind the head BB press
    3warm up sets w/ bar
    85x15
    105x12
    125x10
    145x6
    -I think I started too lite here, did too many warm ups
    SUPERSET
    Standing Side Laterals
    20x12
    20x12
    20x11
    20x8

Cable Front Raise
    35x15
    40x12
    45x10
    SUPER SET
    Middle Delt work (too hard to explain exercise)
    10x15
    15x12
    10x12

Upright Rows
    70x15
    80x15
    90x12
    SUPER SET
    Rear Delt Machine
    3x12

DB shrugs
    100x10
    110x10
    120x8

I love training shoulders. I really miss not being able to really train them during the season.

Slammed some GF and im pissed! Not about the GF but the fact all I have to eat 2day is 2lbs choc mint whey and 4lbs casien. I couldn't make food for 2day so it's gonna be velocity style diet 2day until after work. Yippy
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yuck on the no food, that would kill me.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

CHEST/BACK

Incline Smith Bench
    165x20
    175x15
    185x12
    SUPERSET
    Lat Pull downs
    130x19
    140x14
    150x11

Flat DB Bench
    3x80x8

T-Bar Row
    3x90x10

Straight Arm Pull Over/Downs
    100x15
    110x12
    120x11

High Cable Fly
    40x15
    45x12
    50x10
    SUPERSET
    Low Cable Fly
    30x15
    35x12
    40x8

I've never been so tired after a workout I think. After death had left me I slammed my GF shake and then laid for another 15min because I thought my stomach was going to explode, but luckily it didn't.

Also some good/bad news. I thought a serving was 4 scoops of GF, it's only 3 . So mines almost gone. I have been doing 4 scoops for however long.

That might be why my taste isn't like RR's lol. Man I feel so dumb right now
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

CHEST/BACK

Incline Smith Bench
    165x20
    175x15
    185x12
    SUPERSET
    Lat Pull downs
    130x19
    140x14
    150x11

Flat DB Bench
    3x80x8

T-Bar Row
    3x90x10

Straight Arm Pull Over/Downs
    100x15
    110x12
    120x11

High Cable Fly
    40x15
    45x12
    50x10
    SUPERSET
    Low Cable Fly
    30x15
    35x12
    40x8

I've never been so tired after a workout I think. After death had left me I slammed my GF shake and then laid for another 15min because I thought my stomach was going to explode, but luckily it didn't.

Also some good/bad news. I thought a serving was 4 scoops of GF, it's only 3 . So mines almost gone. I have been doing 4 scoops for however long.

That might be why my taste isn't like RR's lol. Man I feel so dumb right now
    LOL!!! Well you got that much more protein
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

I will be doing 2 cardio sessions 2day. No GF. I'll use 3 SCOOPS 2maro post workout

I only have a few days left
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Wooo!!
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

I got in 2 cardio sessions yesterday 45min w/abs and 30min respectivley. My abs are a little sore 2day. I like it

Killed shoulders and arms 2day.

Standing alternateing front to back BB Press
    -number of ten lb weights x reps total 10=5 to front 5 to back
    2x25
    4x15
    6x12
    8x10
    SUPERSET
    Standing Side Laterals
    20x10
    20x10
    20x10

15x15
    15x12
    15x11

Rear Delt Machine
    110x20
    120x15
    140x10
    SUPERSET
    DB shrugs
    120x10
    130x9
    150x6

WOW Vascularity was insane, my delts look'd like a road map!

I then moved to arms and super set bi/tri work

Standing BB Curl
    75x12
    85x10
    95x9
    Rope Press Down
    55x15
    70x10
    75x8

Seated DB curls
    30x12
    35x10
    40x9
    Skull Crushers
    85x10
    95x9
    105x8

Pin Wheel DB Curls
    2x35x8
    CG push ups
    2xBWxfailure

I was drained!!!!! I slammed my 3 scoops GF and filled up nicley

I noticed a litte sorness in my chest on some of the tri moves but nothing bad. K so it tastes a little better in 24oz water when you only use 3 scoops,lol. Im not in RR love with it but it's better.

Even with resumeing the stims and being on super low carbs (really just GF and 1/2 cup oats) my vascularity was stil insane.

Im very pleased.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

This is a great log, and very nice workouts btw. Well balanced, I did skull crushers for the first time in a long time yesterday SORE!!!
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

I got in 2 cardio sessions yesterday 45min w/abs and 30min respectivley. My abs are a little sore 2day. I like it

Killed shoulders and arms 2day.

Standing alternateing front to back BB Press
    -number of ten lb weights x reps total 10=5 to front 5 to back
    2x25
    4x15
    6x12
    8x10
    SUPERSET
    Standing Side Laterals
    20x10
    20x10
    20x10

15x15
    15x12
    15x11

Rear Delt Machine
    110x20
    120x15
    140x10
    SUPERSET
    DB shrugs
    120x10
    130x9
    150x6

WOW Vascularity was insane, my delts look'd like a road map!

I then moved to arms and super set bi/tri work

Standing BB Curl
    75x12
    85x10
    95x9
    Rope Press Down
    55x15
    70x10
    75x8

Seated DB curls
    30x12
    35x10
    40x9
    Skull Crushers
    85x10
    95x9
    105x8

Pin Wheel DB Curls
    2x35x8
    CG push ups
    2xBWxfailure

I was drained!!!!! I slammed my 3 scoops GF and filled up nicley

I noticed a litte sorness in my chest on some of the tri moves but nothing bad. K so it tastes a little better in 24oz water when you only use 3 scoops,lol. Im not in RR love with it but it's better.

Even with resumeing the stims and being on super low carbs (really just GF and 1/2 cup oats) my vascularity was stil insane.

Im very pleased.

Woohoo!!! lol.
    I've still seen crazy vascularity when doing the GFH so you shouldn't have to worry about that!

Nice numbers !!!!!
    :clean:
  15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

Well yesterday was my final workout with GF. I mixed it with some carbo force (carb load day and I was in a pinch). Damn now that was good,lol.

I trained DC style yesterday because I was short on time. I had a great workout. I'll copy paste it from my other log because I forget numbers.

I'll do a final review over the weekend with pictures next week along with measurements.

Now I know some may say well, wtf you stopped using it friday, why wouldn't you do all that now? Well next week is the last week of my "hardcore cut" and without GF I dont think I'd be where im at recovery wise, so I owe it to GF
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Well yesterday was my final workout with GF. I mixed it with some carbo force (carb load day and I was in a pinch). Damn now that was good,lol.

I trained DC style yesterday because I was short on time. I had a great workout. I'll copy paste it from my other log because I forget numbers.

I'll do a final review over the weekend with pictures next week along with measurements.

Now I know some may say well, wtf you stopped using it friday, why wouldn't you do all that now? Well next week is the last week of my "hardcore cut" and without GF I dont think I'd be where im at recovery wise, so I owe it to GF
    Awesome man!!! You had a good run.. I'll be looking forward to your final review!!! :bruce3:
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

Final Review

I'll get some before and after pic's up at week's end (see last post).

For now I'll give me overall feelings on the product

Taste:5/10

I give it a 5/10 because I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. It goes in the middle. They use leucine which taste's like s h i t by itself and flavoring it is hard. They also use a nutriet rich carb source which are also usually blan in flavor. I can't hate on the flavor and for the ingredients in it im surprised it tasted as good as it did. Now if you want to make this bad boy taste good mix a 1/2 carbo force in there

Mixability:7.5/10

DONT MIX IN A BLENDER!!! This was foamy as hell and really hurt my stomach. However in a shakker cup it mixed up A LOT less foamy and was a lot easier for consumption for me. Only thing that sux is you have to use a good amount of water to mix it up but your getting a lot of stuff in there so it's a give and take relationship.

Recovery: 9/10

After about the first week my DOMS was cut down big time. I was dieting hardcore the whole time I was using this and DOMS is a ***** for me when dieting. Within 36hours my DOMS was completely gone, not hindering any other workouts. This was very nice.

Muscle Glycogen Replenishment: 9/10

I would drink this then hit the shower. After i was done with my shower my muscles were feeling nutrient full, not cosmetic NO type full but food pump full. Only reason this isn't getting a 10/10 is because sometimes I would have some GI discomfort and bloat.

Overall Rateing: 8/10

I was dieting and didn't really lose much strength or size. Mind you I was almost 100% on with everything in my regimon but I usually lose strength during cuts useing the same stuff I was this time and GF was implatamented and I saw a difference in musle fullness, strength, and recovery. I would purchase this and would probably be used best during a "recomp" or lean bulk.

Honestly if your looking for something with a sweet taste and what not GF is probably not for you but if you can man up then GF is for you. Results are what matter most to me and thats what GF gave me.

I was very pleased with my experience and want to thank Controlled Labs again for giving me this oppertunity and everyone who followed my log and will look at it in the future.
  18. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Nice review, DW. I have been hearing (and reading) some good things about Golden Finish. May try it out sometime later in the year, once my competitions are all over with.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

I'll get some before and after pic's up at week's end (see last post).

For now I'll give me overall feelings on the product

Taste:5/10

I give it a 5/10 because I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. It goes in the middle. They use leucine which taste's like s h i t by itself and flavoring it is hard. They also use a nutriet rich carb source which are also usually blan in flavor. I can't hate on the flavor and for the ingredients in it im surprised it tasted as good as it did. Now if you want to make this bad boy taste good mix a 1/2 carbo force in there

Mixability:7.5/10

DONT MIX IN A BLENDER!!! This was foamy as hell and really hurt my stomach. However in a shakker cup it mixed up A LOT less foamy and was a lot easier for consumption for me. Only thing that sux is you have to use a good amount of water to mix it up but your getting a lot of stuff in there so it's a give and take relationship.

Recovery: 9/10

After about the first week my DOMS was cut down big time. I was dieting hardcore the whole time I was using this and DOMS is a ***** for me when dieting. Within 36hours my DOMS was completely gone, not hindering any other workouts. This was very nice.

Muscle Glycogen Replenishment: 9/10

I would drink this then hit the shower. After i was done with my shower my muscles were feeling nutrient full, not cosmetic NO type full but food pump full. Only reason this isn't getting a 10/10 is because sometimes I would have some GI discomfort and bloat.

Overall Rateing: 8/10

I was dieting and didn't really lose much strength or size. Mind you I was almost 100% on with everything in my regimon but I usually lose strength during cuts useing the same stuff I was this time and GF was implatamented and I saw a difference in musle fullness, strength, and recovery. I would purchase this and would probably be used best during a "recomp" or lean bulk.

Honestly if your looking for something with a sweet taste and what not GF is probably not for you but if you can man up then GF is for you. Results are what matter most to me and thats what GF gave me.

I was very pleased with my experience and want to thank Controlled Labs again for giving me this oppertunity and everyone who followed my log and will look at it in the future.

AWESOME Review bro. Great job. Thank you for all your logging, we appreciate it!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!!!!
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

Pictures

Here are the pic's!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Your triceps lookin bigger than before man!!!!
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

Thats good because my biceps are a lot smaller

Thanks for the kind words bro!
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Thats good because my biceps are a lot smaller

Thanks for the kind words bro!
    LOL. My partner always comments on my biceps, and my triceps are my weak point ... "Thanks for the obvious comments bro!!"

For real though, I noticed a def. change
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%

My waist (belly button) went form 32" (<--I think) to 28" this morning. I was really happy with this
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

My waist (belly button) went form 32" (<--I think) to 28" this morning. I was really happy with this
    Smaller waist + bigger shoulders/upper body = Fo the win!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Purified Water VS. Distilled Water?!?!
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 08:46 AM
  2. Golden Finish Log
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 12:46 AM
  3. Golden Finish Log
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 12:00 AM
  4. Golden Finish Log