Newb here with input needed...

Bassman33

Awards
43 years old, 5'5" 181 lbs. in March, now 164 lbs, still 5'5" and 43 yrs old.

Workouts include rowing machine, pilates (for flexibility, I'm a kayaker), trail biking for cardio 3 times a week, and an old total gym, 3 times a week.

I started taking 3 each of 6oxo, and 11oxo for a week, and now 4 of each. (visceral fat and chest fat are an issue)

I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks with these supplements, my gut is shrinking, but my chest fat not so much. Muscles are firmer and taking a nice shape. Some joint pains in the hands especially.

Already taking a multi w/ dhea 25mg. & the regulars fish oil, flaxseed, milk thistle, and alpha lipoic for liver. I'm on a statin and bp meds too, all under control.

My question is...am I making my chest fat worse with these supps, or should I keep up with the regimen, until I burn it all off? Can I bump up the dhea to 50mg?

Also should I scale back the 6/11 oxo's after 6-8 weeks?

Thanks in advance for your help. The oxo's have made a real difference, my libido is much higher, and so is my energy.

Bassman33

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
My question is...am I making my chest fat worse with these supps, or should I keep up with the regimen, until I burn it all off? Can I bump up the dhea to 50mg?

Also should I scale back the 6/11 oxo's after 6-8 weeks?
1. I don't think you could make your chest fat worse but remember to be careful with the 6oxo and remember to ramp down slowly so you don't spike estrogen that could cause even more fat issues.

2. I would say your regime is fine, keep tweaking your diet, take a good anti cortisol and get bloodwork to find out if there are any underlying hormonal issues.

3. I don't know why you can't bump dhea, I have heard people taking up to 100mg a day of it. Check with others on this one.

Bassman33

Awards
Thanks for your advice neoborn. I will stick with it, bump the dhea and scale back on the 6oxo after 6 weeks, and get some bloodwork too. Does your family doc do that or is an Endocrine doc better?

Thanks again

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
i know of guys your age that pyramid up to 1200 mg of dhea and then back to 100mg... but they were gettin blood work with a doc
but yea you could bump up the dhea dosage to 100 like neoborn said
and for the hand joint pain.. i have a total gym too but i rarely use it anymore but when i was using it for shoulder rehab my fingers hurt more than using gym equipment and add the fack that you are kayaking it all just adds up to joint pain bro.. you can get a triflex (glucosamine,chond, msm) with hyluronic acid and some cissus for the joints

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Regular GP does it for me here or well sends me to a lab to get it done. Not sure how it works in the states. ;)

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
also... taper off the oxo's to prevent any occurance of estrogen rebound

Bassman33

Awards
also... taper off the oxo's to prevent any occurance of estrogen rebound
Thanks for the advice. Starting week 4 now, taking 6 and 11 oxo, 4 each per day, and 50 mg dhea. Along with bcaa about 10g. My joint pain has mostly disappeared.

BTW, anyone have their testes GROW in size after adding any of these supps? Mine have enlarged by about 1/3...Just noticed today after sitting in my kayak, there was less room for them.

No other sides except for continued fat loss/muscle gain. Chest fat still a prob though.

Bassman33

Awards
Regular GP does it for me here or well sends me to a lab to get it done. Not sure how it works in the states. ;)

Thanks. My GP could do it I guess. He may give me a rash for taking these though...

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to confess, just ask, it's your right! Just say you would like a test just to make sure everything is running smoothly,.