Golden Finish.. Yeah I shower in that s#*t log. (Sponsered Log)

T

tattoopierced1

I am preparing my log for my upcoming Golden Finish log that I was graced with from Controlled Labs/RR. As of now my diet/supplementation goes as follows:

Meal 1: 2 scoops whey protein, 2 scoops WMS, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1tbsp natty PB, 2 cups skim milk

Meal 2: (1 Anabolic Pump) 1 large bagel, 2 scoops whey protein, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 3: (2 caps fish oil @ 1,000mg/cap) 1 cup rice or pasta, 6oz steak or chicken, 1tbsp EVOO

Pre Workout: (1 Pslin) 1 large bagel, 2 scoops whey protein, 1 cup skim milk

15 minutes before workout is over, I take 1 Anabolic Pump

Post Workout: (Pre Golden Finish Log) 70g gatorade powder, 2 scoops whey protein, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 4: (1 Anabolic Pump, 2 caps fish oil @ 1,000mg/cap) I either go with 1-2 cups of pasta, or potatos, 8-12oz chicken, steak, or fish

Before bed: 2 scoops Xtend

When starting the Golden Finish, I will cut the protein and gatorade out of my post workout. I may possibly add in some gatorade powder however to get some extra carbs in post workout like I am used to if this is OK with RR.

I will update my weight at the start of the log as well as post as much detail as I am allowed with my weight program without pissing my trainer off.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looking good man, I will be running the same log, thrilled to get started. The sample I tried was phenomenal and the taste made me feel like I was cheating

T

tattoopierced1

looking good man, I will be running the same log, thrilled to get started. The sample I tried was phenomenal and the taste made me feel like I was cheating
I will be making one minor change to my diet, I will be adding in more carbs. I recently dropped sodas from my daily "bad habits" and got a lot of carbs from sodas in the past (I still stayed very lean, 10% BF or less), but need to make up for the carbs I took out. I will most likely be adding in the carbs at Meal 3 by adding in 1 more cup of rice, Meal 4 again by adding in 1 additional cup, and possibly Meal 1 by adding in some oats or another form of carbs.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bring on the big weight!!! Excited to get this started!! *sub
Good call on the soda! :dl:
Your diet is very dialed in ...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must have mixed my sample funny, all I remember was little yellow clumps. I was trying to sip it and I did sprints on the elliptical for my HIIT routine so I missed out on the taste. I'm looking forward to sipping my GF nice and slow pretty soon :)

PS Tattoo you need to eat more veggies! Or perhaps you just left them out. Have you considered picking up a Greens+ supplement like http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/green-phytofoods-2-lbs.html

T

tattoopierced1

I must have mixed my sample funny, all I remember was little yellow clumps. I was trying to sip it and I did sprints on the elliptical for my HIIT routine so I missed out on the taste. I'm looking forward to sipping my GF nice and slow pretty soon :)

PS Tattoo you need to eat more veggies! Or perhaps you just left them out. Have you considered picking up a Greens+ supplement like http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/now-foods/green-phytofoods-2-lbs.html
yeah I know I need to get some veggies in there.. I eat cauliflower occasionally throughout the week, but outside of that, I normally just have some fresh green beans. I do take a nice liquid multi though for vitamins I am missing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I eat alot of broccolli ... nature's AI

T

tattoopierced1

Starting Monday, here is my workout schedule.. hoping to have a surprise in the mail by then ;)

Monday: Quads/Hams
Leg Extension 3x15-20
Squats (shoulder width) 3x1012
Leg Press (Tucked) 3x10-12
Leg Press (Wide Flare) 3x10-12
Rectus Femoris Leg Lift 3x12-20
Hamstring Deadlift 3x10-12
DB Straight Leg Deadlift 3x10-12
Leg Curl Wide: 3x12-15
Leg Curl Narrow: 3x12-15
Rope Crunch 4x12-20
Reverse Crunch 4x12-20

Tuesday: Bi's Tri's
Cable Bicep Row 3x10-12
Standing DB Curl 3x10-12
BB Preacher Curl 3x8-10
Hammer Curl 3x8-10
EZ Bar Reverse Curl 3x8-10
Close Grip Bench Press 4x8-10
EZ Bar Skull Crusher 4x6-10
UBar Pressdown 4x8-10
Overhead Rope Extensions 4x8-10

Wed: Rest

Thursday: Chest
40degree decline DB press 3x10-12
15degree decline DB press 3x10-12
5degree incline DB press 3x10-12
30degree incline DB press 3x10-12
DB pullovers 4x6-8
Cable Fly (upper chest) 2-3sets 6-8 reps
Cable Fly (mid Region of lower chest) 2-3sets 6-8 reps
Cable Fly (lower chest) 2-3sets 6-8 reps

Friday: Shoulders/Back
BB Press (reverse pyramid) 4x6-10
Wide grip BB upright row 3x8-10
Cable bar side delt raise 4x10-12
Specialized side delt raise 4x10-12
rear delt row 4x8-10
Lat pulldown 3x8-12
Lat pulldown (underhand) 3x8-12
low row 3x8-12
lat isolators 3x8-12
hammer low row 4x8-15
diamond bar shrugs 4x10-20

Each week my exercises change to keep muscles guessing. Tempo and rep cadance will also change

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah I know I need to get some veggies in there.. I eat cauliflower occasionally throughout the week, but outside of that, I normally just have some fresh green beans. I do take a nice liquid multi though for vitamins I am missing.
Green beans are to me what French fries are to many people. I buy a few pounds for cheap at a chinese supermarket, wash it up and snack on them all day long. Sooo good :woohoo:

T

tattoopierced1

Green beans are to me what French fries are to many people. I buy a few pounds for cheap at a chinese supermarket, wash it up and snack on them all day long. Sooo good :woohoo:
i like making green bean "pancakes".. take a flour tortilla, a little bit of very finely chopped pork, add in a ton of fresh steamed green beans.. mm mmm..

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i like making green bean "pancakes".. take a flour tortilla, a little bit of very finely chopped pork, add in a ton of fresh steamed green beans.. mm mmm..
suprisingly that actually sounds very tasty. i am a brocolli man myself, however its exit is not the most pleasant. My wife would prefer no veggies at all as a response

T

tattoopierced1

Received my GF in the mail yesterday when I got home from my workout. I had already had my PWO carbs and protein so I will start this on Thursday. I do have a question for RR... I normally get 70g carbs in PWO and GF only has 20g. Would it be OK to supplement with some extra carbs in addition to the GF PWO or for the purpose of this log should I just stick to what is in GF?

T

tattoopierced1

Forgot to post up too, but I will take and post pictures tomorrow.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Received my GF in the mail yesterday when I got home from my workout. I had already had my PWO carbs and protein so I will start this on Thursday. I do have a question for RR... I normally get 70g carbs in PWO and GF only has 20g. Would it be OK to supplement with some extra carbs in addition to the GF PWO or for the purpose of this log should I just stick to what is in GF?
Glad you received it! Can't wait till you start :)

We want you to get the most out of the product. It has sufficient carbs, it was designed that way, but you can supplement them if you require more. Just remember: the carb source in GFH is nutrient rich and not sugary. So 20g goes a long way. :)

But I'm not going to nit-pick. Only thing I ask is to give us a review of the product by itself, somewhere along the way, preferably at the beginning; for taste and mixibility purposes. Then you can add in additional carbs for yourself the rest of the time.

RR

T

tattoopierced1

Glad you received it! Can't wait till you start :)

We want you to get the most out of the product. It has sufficient carbs, it was designed that way, but you can supplement them if you require more. Just remember: the carb source in GFH is nutrient rich and not sugary. So 20g goes a long way. :)

But I'm not going to nit-pick. Only thing I ask is to give us a review of the product by itself, somewhere along the way, preferably at the beginning; for taste and mixibility purposes. Then you can add in additional carbs for yourself the rest of the time.

RR
Will do. I think what I will probably do then is do just GF for a week or so by itself and than go from there if I feel I need more carbs PWO.

Thanks.

T

tattoopierced1

1st day using Golden Finish. Had 3 scoops sitting in my blender bottle that I mixed with water when I was finished with my chest workout. Mixes up fine, it is somewhat creamy even though I used about 10oz of water, but washed the rest of it that was lingering in the bottle down with about 3-4oz of water. Taste was fine, no strange aftertaste which is nice and I didnt get a bloated feel from it either.

T

tattoopierced1

Picture from today. None of these pics will be flexed as I have to take the pictures myself.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great intial feedback bro, and nice ink!!!!!
Lookin forward to it!!!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with this Tat! :)

T

tattoopierced1

2nd day using Golden Finish. Had an early workout this morning, I never workout in the morning so I wasnt feeling 100% in the gym. Got a somewhat decent back workout in. Mixed the GF with a bit more water this time and it mixed up better than yesterday.

Gotta pack now to head to the Cubs/Cardinals game. Have a good 4th everyone.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
2nd day using Golden Finish. Had an early workout this morning, I never workout in the morning so I wasnt feeling 100% in the gym. Got a somewhat decent back workout in. Mixed the GF with a bit more water this time and it mixed up better than yesterday.

Gotta pack now to head to the Cubs/Cardinals game. Have a good 4th everyone.
You too man! Enjoy the game :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Red sox/Yankees in just over an hour! :)

Have a great time at the game tat!

T

tattoopierced1

smashed PRs in the gym today, despite having only 1 hour of sleep last night. Got the Golden Finish and water mixture perfect for my liking. Hit shoulders today and was going to hit quads, but after annihilating my shoulders I had nothing left. Will hit up quads tomorrow.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
smashed PRs in the gym today, despite having only 1 hour of sleep last night. Got the Golden Finish and water mixture perfect for my liking. Hit shoulders today and was going to hit quads, but after annihilating my shoulders I had nothing left. Will hit up quads tomorrow.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2:

T

tattoopierced1

Did quads yesterday, I'm starting to notice that I'm not quite as sore with DOMS while using GF. Normally my quads and glutes are brutally sore after my quad workouts, but today I've not felt sore at all.

Really digging the flavor of GF too. I def. look forward to it after my workouts.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Did quads yesterday, I'm starting to notice that I'm not quite as sore with DOMS while using GF. Normally my quads and glutes are brutally sore after my quad workouts, but today I've not felt sore at all.

Really digging the flavor of GF too. I def. look forward to it after my workouts.
Looks like were seeing same things exactly,i did'nt have any pain from leg work out. Cant wait till ths stuff kicks in with full effect...LOG lookn great keep it up.

T

tattoopierced1

Murdered my chest last night, and today it only feels slightly sore. I'm really digging the Golden Finish. After about an hour of consuming the Golden Finish, I feel like I could hit the gym back up for another workout. Two thumbs up so far!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Murdered my chest last night, and today it only feels slightly sore. I'm really digging the Golden Finish. After about an hour of consuming the Golden Finish, I feel like I could hit the gym back up for another workout. Two thumbs up so far!
:thumbsup:

T

tattoopierced1

I have to be a bit vague with posting cadence/tempos and a few other things with my workouts, but here is my 2nd week chest workout from last night. My workouts change from week to week.

40 degree incline DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
20 degree incline DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
flat bench DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
25 degree decline DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
DB pullovers 4 sets 12-15 reps
lower chest cable fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
mid region of lower chest cable fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
upper chest cable fly 3 sets 12-15 reps

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I have to be a bit vague with posting cadence/tempos and a few other things with my workouts, but here is my 2nd week chest workout from last night. My workouts change from week to week.

40 degree incline DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
20 degree incline DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
flat bench DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
25 degree decline DB press 3 sets 8-10 reps
DB pullovers 4 sets 12-15 reps
lower chest cable fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
mid region of lower chest cable fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
upper chest cable fly 3 sets 12-15 reps
That will toast your chest pretty well !! :thumbsup:

T

tattoopierced1

Just a quick little note of things I've noticed so far on Golden Finish. About an hour or so after very intense workouts, I feel like I could hit the gym again. DOMS are also less noticeable. Hamstrings are on the agenda tonight, going to pound them into oblivion.

Last edited:
RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick little note of things I've noticed so far on Golden Finish. About an hour or so after very intense workouts, I feel like I could hit the gym again. DOMS are also less noticeable. Hamstrings are on the agenda tonight, going to pound them into oblivion.
NICEEEE.
Give em hell!

T

tattoopierced1

Worked out till I almost passed out. Just did hamstrings today and it was intense. Went heavy on all exercises with explosive reps. I felt a little nauseated so I had to choke down the shake pretty quick as I really didnt want to consume anything at the time.

hamstring deadlifts: 3 sets 10-12 reps
DB Straight leg deadlift: 3 sets 10-12 reps
leg curl (wide): 3 sets 12-15 reps
leg curl (narrow): 3 sets 12-15 reps
rope crunch: 4 sets 20 reps
reverse crunch: 4 sets 20 reps

T

tattoopierced1

I'm still extremely sore from doing hamstrings on Monday. I did back last night, so my entire backside from my neck, down to my calves are sore. Today is an off day, so hopefully I'll be in better shape tomorrow when I hit the gym. Rest of the week looks like the following:
Thursday: Chest
Friday: Bi's/Tri's
Saturday: Shoulders
Sunday: Quads

T

tattoopierced1

Notes from today. My hamstrings are still sore as hell. I pulled a "187" on my chest today yet again, and it felt great. 4 people in the gym said today that I'm looking very thick (in a good way). Chest was as follows:
5 degree decline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
35 degree decline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
15 degree incline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
35 degree incline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
DB pullovers: 4 sets 8-10 reps
Cable fly upper chest: 3 sets 8-10 reps
Cable fly mid region of lower chest: 3 sets 8-10 reps
Cable fly lower chest: 3 sets 8-10 reps

Loving me some Golden Finish, although for the past few workouts, DOMS have been terrible. That is a good thing though, keeping the muscles guessing and growing.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Notes from today. My hamstrings are still sore as hell. I pulled a "187" on my chest today yet again, and it felt great. 4 people in the gym said today that I'm looking very thick (in a good way). Chest was as follows:
5 degree decline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
35 degree decline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
15 degree incline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
35 degree incline DB press: 3 sets 6-8 reps
DB pullovers: 4 sets 8-10 reps
Cable fly upper chest: 3 sets 8-10 reps
Cable fly mid region of lower chest: 3 sets 8-10 reps
Cable fly lower chest: 3 sets 8-10 reps

Loving me some Golden Finish, although for the past few workouts, DOMS have been terrible. That is a good thing though, keeping the muscles guessing and growing.
Nice workout bro. I love getting compliments like that!!! Positive motivation for sure. :)

T

tattoopierced1

weight is at 214.6lbs, but I feel much bigger than I normally do at this weight. Most noticeably in my chest, shoulders, and arms. Hamstrings are still sore, although I'm not walking like a gimp today, so thats a plus.. just in time to hammer the quads this weekend.

Today will be bi's/tri's, tomorrow shoulders, sunday quads.

T

tattoopierced1

yesterdays and todays workouts were fantastic. I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror and look better than I ever have. My abs are really starting to show, I'm very lean, and "thickening" up. Golden Finish will forever be a staple in my supplement stash.

T

tattoopierced1

On another note, I'm going to be getting a few more bottles of GF from Nutraplanet once I get paid and am going to add in some Glycergrow for my next bottle of GF. I've read great things about GG and I'm lovin me some Controlled Labs, so look in the next few weeks for a GF/GG/AP stack.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
On another note, I'm going to be getting a few more bottles of GF from Nutraplanet once I get paid and am going to add in some Glycergrow for my next bottle of GF. I've read great things about GG and I'm lovin me some Controlled Labs, so look in the next few weeks for a GF/GG/AP stack.

That's awesome man!!!! Great to have you on board, love following your logs. Enter that contest i have going on in the promo section, you mite win some for free :)

T

tattoopierced1

I took Sunday off as a rest day, as my hamstrings are still a bit tight. So today I'll be hitting my back, and hopefully tomorrow back to quads.

T

tattoopierced1

Back was as follows:
Diamond bar shrugs 3 sets 8-10 reps
mid trap barbell row 4 sets 10-15 reps
low row medium grip 3 sets 10-15 reps
lat pulldown underhand grip 3 sets 10-15 reps
lat pulldown 3 sets 10-15 reps
lat isolators 3 sets 10-15 reps

also did some ab work.

T

tattoopierced1

quads for today:

Wide stance squats: 3 sets 8-10 reps
leg press shoulder width: 3 sets 8-10 reps
leg press tucked: 3 sets 8-10 reps
standard walking lunges: 3 sets 20 steps/leg
leg extensions: 3 sets 10-12 reps

Will also be doing an ab routine my buddy showed me as well

T

tattoopierced1

hamstrings are still a bit tight from last week, but i pushed forward with quads today. Really rushed through the workout today, was a little awkward in the gym due to another individual so I wanted to get through the workout with little to no breaks.

T

tattoopierced1

Today will be chest, tomorrow I am taking off and going to an amusement park with a buddy, but will pick things back up on Saturday with Bi's/Tri's, and Sunday will hit the shoulders.

15 degree decline DB press: 3 sets 12-15 reps
10 degree incline DB press: 3 sets 12-15 reps
25 degree incline DB press: 3 sets 12-15 reps
30 degree decline DB press: 3 sets 12-15 reps
DB pullovers: 4 sets 10-12 reps
cable fly lower chest: 3 sets 10-12 reps
cable fly mid region of lower chest: 3 sets 10-12 reps
cable fly upper chest: 3 sets 10-12 reps