Haiz and Designer Supplements VS. Ultimate Diet 2.0

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Haiz and DS VS. UD2.0

Well Folks, here I am once again, back for another log. This one will be something far more detailed than anything I have done to date however. Once I hit 200 pounds, I came to a crossroads. I'm still fairly lean (13% or so), but I have a variety of athletic-oriented things going on this summer, including a couple mini-triathlons and playing on an recreational basketball league. As such, I have decided to try and get in the absolute best shape possible for summer and the events, which includes getting down to around 180 or so with hopefully sub-10% BF. To do this, I have chosen the Ultimate Diet 2.0 written by Lyle Mcdonald. My setup looks like:

Diet

1800 Calories = Monday, Tuesday, Weds

800 Calories from protein = 200 grams
300 Calories from carbs = 75 grams
700 Calories from fat = 78 grams

1200 Calories = Early Thursday (to 6-7PM)

600 Calories from protein = 150 grams
225 Calories from carbs = 56 grams
525 Calories from fat = 58 grams

Thursday Night to Friday Night:

Pre-WO (6PM) = 30 grams of Carbs + 15 grams of Protein + 5 Grams Creatine

Post-WO Through Friday Night: (+ 20 grams of Creatine throughout)

1250 Grams of Carbs ? 5000 Calories
200 Grams of Protein ? 800 Calories
60 Grams of Fat - 540 Calories

Saturday:

Pre-WO ? 30g Carbs + 15g Protein
During WO ? 30-60 Carbs + BCAA

400 Grams of Carbs ? 1600 Calories
300 Grams of Protein ? 1200 Calories
60 Grams of Fat ? 540 Calories

Sunday:

240 Grams of Carbs ? 960 Calories
300 Grams of Protein ? 1200 Calories
111 Grams of Fat ? 1000 Calories

The Diet will neither be fun or easy for 4 days of the week, but the way Lyle has it set-up makes absolute sense to me, and as such, I am diving in head-first. My maintenance at this moment is around 3600, hence the cut to 1800 calories on my low-calorie/carb days. This 50% cut is what Lyle says to shoot for and thats where we are going.

Training

Training:

Monday + Tuesday: (1 Minute Rest between Exercises, Go through cycle twice)

Leg Press - 3X15
Leg Curl - 3X15
Incline Hammer ? 3X15
Seated Row ? 3X15
Cable Lateral Raise ? 3X15
Calf Raise ? 3X15
Bicep Curl ? 3X15
Tricep Pushdown ? 3X15

Wednesday: 45 Minutes LI Cardio

Thursday Morning: 30-45 Minutes LI Cardio

Thursday Night: (6-12 Reps, 1 Rep Shy of Failure)

Slight Incline DB Press ? 2X6-12
Pullups/PD ? 2X6-12
Flat Hammer Press ? 2X6-12
Rows ? 2X6-12
Lateral Raises ? 3X6-12
Bicep Curl ? 2X6-12
Tricep PD ? 2X6-12
Leg Press - 2X6-12
Leg Curl - 2X6-12
Leg Ext ? 2X6-12
Seated Curl ? 2X6-12
Calf Raises ? 4X6-12

Friday: OFF

Saturday: Power Training

A1. Squat: 3X3-6
A2. Calf raise: 3X3-6
B1. Flat bench 3X3-6
B2. Bent over row 3X3-6
C1. Incline bench 2-3X3-6
C2. Pulldown or chin 2-3X3-6
D. Front squat or leg press 3X3-6
E1. Shoulder press 3X3-6
E2. Rear lateral 3X3-6
F1. Barbell curl 2X3-6
F2. Close grip bench 2X3-6

Sunday: LI Cardio Later in the evening.

Supplements

I will be employing a good deal of the DS Lineup during the Cut, the breakdown will look something like:

Adrenalean: 3+ Doses on Mon-Wed to help control hunger. 2 Doses on Thursday or as needed to make it to the Tension Workout. No Thermos on Friday (B/C of Carb load).

Basic Cuts: Use on Saturday+Sunday as needed. Appetite control is not such a big deal on these days, so I will be saving the adrenalean for the very low days.

Lean Xtreme: 3 Caps per Day.

Act-X: 4 Caps per Day.

NO Limits: Pre-WO, just to give me a little extra pump, as low-cal/low-carb will not be great for my mirror-look!

Stats

195-200 Pounds (varies, will take final measurement on Monday morning).
6 Feet, 1 Inch Tall.
13% BF

Goals

Well, as I mentioned previously, I hope to get down to sub 10% BF on this diet. Ideally, with a 6-8 week cycle, I would get down to 8 or so %. Ambitious...YES! Gotta aim high to get there though!

PICS will be up tomorrow morning with newspaper to document the REAL progress baby!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 1

Training

Training today was so-so. First time through I felt great, but the second time through I was a bit nauseous. Still, I powered through and rest times were very minimal (about 45 seconds - 1 minute). Workout looked like:

Cycle 1 //// Cycle 2:

Leg Press - 3X15 (4 Plates) //// Leg Press - 3X20 (3 Plates + 10's)
Leg Curls - 3X20 (90 pounds) //// Leg Curls - 3X15 (90 Pounds)
Incline Hammer Press - 20/15/15 (45's) //// 20/15/15 (45's)
Seated Row - Close - 3X20 (100) //// 3X20 (100)
Lateral Raises - 3X15 (17.5) //// 3X15 (17.5)
Calf Raises - 3X20 (90) //// 3X20 (90)
Bicep Curl - 2X15 (25's) //// 2X15 (25's)
Tricep Pushdown 2X20 ///// 2X20

Weights used were highly variable/experimental. It is supposed to be hard, but not close to failure, so finding the right weight is a bit difficult. I imagine it will be easier tomorrow to get the perfect weight on there. Stamina was actually fairly good in the gym, vascularity was okay, probably due to all the carbs from yesterday. Overall, pretty decent workout actually. Tomorrow will be the same thing, but slighly different exercises for some bodyparts. I will update diet and overall feelings of the day at the end of the night.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 1

Diet

Well, considering I've hit my goal of 1800 calories, the day went pretty well diet wise. I won't say I wasn't hungry, but it could have certainly been much much worse. Diet ended up looking like:

Meal 1: 4 Servings Egg Starts + 1 TBLS PB, along with 1 High Fiber Wrap W/ Smart Balance

Meal 2: 4 Servings Egg Starts + 1 Light English Muffin + 2 TBLS PB

Meal 3: 3 Cups of Broccoli + 8 Ounces of Turkey

Meal 4: 340Grams of Spinach + 8 Ounces of Turkey

Meal 5: 1 TBLS Heavy Whipping Cream + 1 Scoop Ultra Peptide 1.0

Other than that, I drank an absolute TON of water and 3 diet cokes. I also had some crystal light, but just a little. Great day overall. Energy levels seemed pretty good actually and nothing to bad mental/focus wise.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok..I'm in. Definitely interested in seeing this diet in action again.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
ok..I'm in. Definitely interested in seeing this diet in action again.
Nice to have you.

Funny that you entered actually...at some point (maybe not during the first run of it), I plan to add DCP.

ALTHOUGH, Atomic Meltdown will be used throughout this, as will Clear Edge to maintain some resemblance of normal mental processes.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We've been doing a modified contest prep diet, and I will tell you what - the Clear Edge is a life saver. I recommend throwing in some Sulbutiamine, too.

AM feel amazing as you get leaner, bringing everything together with just the right color.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
We've been doing a modified contest prep diet, and I will tell you what - the Clear Edge is a life saver. I recommend throwing in some Sulbutiamine, too.

AM feel amazing as you get leaner, bringing everything together with just the right color.
I couldn't agree more. You have anything new for RPN cooking? Thrive still in the plans?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I couldn't agree more. You have anything new for RPN cooking? Thrive still in the plans?
Tons of stuff...but I won't clog up your log.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Tons of stuff...but I won't clog up your log.
Haha. Sounds good. I'll visit the RPN subsection and bug you over there.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 2

Training

Well, went back into the gym...same lineup with a couple different exercises. Workout went pretty well. No nausea or headaches. Felt really low on endurance though. I suppose that is to be expect with low cals though. Overall though, I envisioned it being worse.

Cycle 1 //// Cycle 2:

Leg Press - 3X20 (4 Plates) //// Leg Press - 3X20 (4 Plates)
Leg Curls - 3X15 (90 pounds) //// Leg Curls - 3X15 (90 Pounds)
Flat Hammer Press - 20/15/15 (45's) //// 15/15/15 (45's)
WG Pulldwon 20/15/15 (100) //// 3X15 (100)
Lateral Raises - 3X20 (15) //// 3X20 (15)
Calf Raises - 3X20 (90) //// 3X20 (90)
Bicep Curl - 2X15 (25's) //// 2X15 (25's)
Tricep Pushdown 2X20 ///// 2X20

Unlike yesterday, vascularity was WAY down today. Also, I couldn't hold the pump after a set for more than a couple minutes...YUCK. With that said, thats about what I expected from the workouts. I was going to do cardio post, but it had been a while since my last meal, so I decided against it. I might get some in tonight. Time will tell.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 2

Diet

Most of Day 2 went fairly easily calorie wise, but for an hour or so around 9 PM, I was terribly hungry...then it went away. It seems I get very hungry around the 2 hour mark from my previous meal and then after about 20 minutes, I don't feel it as much. Anyways, what I ate yesterday:

Meal 1: 4 Servings Egg Starts + 1 TBLS PB, along with 1 High Fiber Wrap W/ Smart Balance

Meal 2: 4 Servings Egg Starts + 1 TBLS PB + 1 High Fiber Wrap + 10ml Olive Oil

Meal 3: 3 Cups of Broccoli + 2 Salmon Burgers

Meal 4: 3 Cups of Broccoli + 8 Ounces of Turkey

Meal 5: 2 String Cheeses

Another good day diet wise. Hopefully I can become more accustomed to the lower calories...Carb load on thursday seems like heaven at the moment.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 3

Diet

Day 3 was actually quite easy diet wise. No real hunger issues....HOWEVER, we lost power about half-way through the day, so I was bored as all hell. And HOT!

Meal 2: 4 Servings Egg Starts + 1 TBLS PB + 1 High Fiber Wrap + 10ml Olive Oil

Meal 3: 3 Cups of Broccoli + 2 Salmon Burgers

Meal 4: 3 Cups of Broccoli + 8 Ounces of Turkey

Meal 5: Ultra Peptide + Heavy Cream

Training

Day 3 Training was just 45 minutes of cardio in the morning (between meal 1 and two). Felt good and had a great sweat going. 30 minutes on the upright bike and 15 on the elliptical. Easy enough.

Still, overall pretty easy day.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 4

Diet

Well, Day 4 is a continuation of days 1-3...UNTIL the night workout, after which the carb-up begins. My diet for all of day 4 looked like:

Meal 1: Egg Starts + 1.5 TBLS EVOO + 1 High Fiber Wrap

Meal 2: Egg Starts + 1 TBLS Almond Butter + 1 HFW + EVOO

Meal 3: 2 Salmon Burgers + Lettuce + Cucumber + String Cheese

Pre-WO: 1 WW Pita (30 Carbs) + 1/2 Scoop Ultra Peptide

Post-WO: 100 Grams of Dextrose/Glucose + 50 Grams of Protein (GF Pro)

Hour Post: 4 Cups of Cheerios + 1 Cup of Milk (95 carbs)

2 Hours Later: 4 Slices of WW Bread (80 carbs)

2 Hours Later: 4 Cups of Shredded Spoonfulls Cereal + 1 Cup Milk + 2 WW Pitas (165 Grams of Carbs)

I hit the sack after that meal, and the carbup continues through today.

Training

Yesterday was a tale of two worlds. Woke up in the morning, ate breakfast and went to the gym to do AM cardio. Did 15 Minutes uphill walking, then 30 on the upright bike. I had absolutely ZERO energy. I was also lightheaded for most of the day...yuck.

Then, about 60 minutes pre-night lift (start at 7PM), I ate my WW pita + Ultra Peptide. I began to get a bit of energy back. pounded some adrenalean + NO Limits and I was ready to hit the gym. The workout:

Incline DB Press: 75's - 10/8
Seated Row: 160 - 10/8
Flat Hammer Press - 140 - 10/10
Lat Pulldown - 160 - 10/10
Lateral Raises - 35's - 8/8
Leg Press - 5 Plates for 12, 5 Plates + 25's for 8
Leg Curls - 130 for 8
Leg Extensions - 180 - 8/8
DB RDLs - 80 - 12/12
Bicep Curls - 40 - 8/8
Tricep Pushdown - 120 - 8/8
Calf Raises - 135 - 8/8/8/8

What a GREAT workout. Everything was done for 2 sets, with about a minute in-between sets. My strength wasn't TERRIBLY high, but it was a LOT LOT better than I expected. I was sweating like a mad-man, which rarely happens to me. Just very pleases overall with everything. SOLID.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meal 5...Ultra Peptide and Heavy Cream??????

YIKES!!!

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are already really thin i dont know why you would want to cut more...if that is your current pic on your avy here and at bb i dont think you are 13%, well below that.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Nice to have you.

Funny that you entered actually...at some point (maybe not during the first run of it), I plan to add DCP.

ALTHOUGH, Atomic Meltdown will be used throughout this, as will Clear Edge to maintain some resemblance of normal mental processes.
Just my opinion here, but I would advise against using any TTA product during this diet. Calories are just too low and you are asking for trouble IMHO using TTA in this type of setting. Now, during your carb-ups possibly, if it wasn't for TTA's initial lag in response.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Just my opinion here, but I would advise against using any TTA product during this diet. Calories are just too low and you are asking for trouble IMHO using TTA in this type of setting. Now, during your carb-ups possibly, if it wasn't for TTA's initial lag in response.
Probably true. I might low-dose it. I am supplementing with sodium, Potassium, and Magnesium though. I plan to continue my run through it without anything else at the moment. I'll reassess after week 3 probably.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
you are already really thin i dont know why you would want to cut more...if that is your current pic on your avy here and at bb i dont think you are 13%, well below that.
Fairly current pictures. I hold a fair amount of fat in my legs, as well as a higher proportion of viceral fat vs. subcutaneous. I'm just giving UD2.0 a 6 week run to see how effective it is in cutting/maintaining muscle and keeping up strength. If I get to a point where I have a solid 6 pack, I will just discontinue the diet.

Edit - I will also say that my calories on the carb-up/weekends are actually at levels he recommends for maximal anabolism vs. max fat-loss. I'm actually shooting for more of a recomp with this (hopefully losing .25-.5 pounds a week, with all of that being fat and maybe add a tad bit of muscle).

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 5

Diet

Carb-up Started last night, but continued through all of yesterday, the entirety of the carbup looked like (Thursday night to Friday night).

1.)-WO: 100 Grams of Dextrose/Glucose + 50 Grams of Protein (GF Pro)
2.)Hour Post: 4 Cups of Cheerios + 1 Cup of Milk (95 carbs)
3.)2 Hours Later: 4 Slices of WW Bread (80 carbs)
4.)2 Hours Later: 4 Cups of Shredded Spoonfulls Cereal + 1 Cup Milk + 2 WW Pitas (165 Grams of Carbs)

Bed - Wake up:

5.) 7 Ounces Barilla Plus (150 Carbs)
6.) 2 Cups of Rice + 2 WW Pitas
7.) 2 Cups of Rice + 2 WW Pitas
8.) 2 Cups of Dry Oats + Protein Shake
9.) 2 English Muffins
10.) 1 Massive Bowl of Shredded Wheat Cereal + Milk
11.) Protein Shake + Oats

Overall, I felt pretty good about everything...I was so damn hungry, but it felt great to absolutely pound some food. The macros ended up around 6600 calories and 1200 grams of carbs...YUM. As far as judging from this morning, the amount of carbs was about right...maybe a bit much. I'll reduce it to 1150 next time and see how that goes. I almost feel like I had TOO much fiber....adding it up totaled at about 145 grams...ouch. I also managed to drink about 4 gallons of water yesterday, as I seemed to be thirsty at every turn. Body temp was also unusually high all of yesterday.

Training

OFF.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 6

Diet

Today's diet is pretty standard actually. I'll update exact meals/macros later, but I'm shooting for 400 grams of carbs, 250 grams of protein, and 50-70 grams of fat.

Training

Today was the "power" training day...everything in the 3-6 rep range with 4 or so minutes in between sets. As per my listing, A1/A2 means something was "supersetted" with 2 minutes between each exercise, so 4 minutes between the same ones.

A1. Squat - 225 - 5/5/5
A2. Calf Raises - 160 - 6/6/6
B1. Incline DB Press - 85 - 5/5/5 (PR's!)
B2. Bent Over Row - 195 - 5/5/5/ (PR's!)
C1. Slight Incline (10 Degrees) BB Press - 185X6, 195 - 5/4
C2. Pullups - +25 - 5/5/5
D1. Front Squats - 175X3, 155X5
D2. Calf Raises - 160 - 6/6/6
E1. Hammer Shoulder Press - 150 - 5/5/5
E2. Rear Laterals Machine - 110 - 6/6/6
F1. Close Grip Bench - 175 - 5/5
F2. DB Curl - 50 - 4/3

That was the entirety of the workout, which I enjoyed VERY much. Pumps were great, vascularity was great, endurance was there. My during workout drink was 30 grams of malto along with 4 scoops of Xtend. It seemed to be about the perfect amount. Good stuff.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 7

Diet

Pretty relaxing day all around. Diet broke down to about 3000 calories with about a 33/33/33 macro breakdown. Good stuff.

Training

Off.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 8

Diet

Back to Low Cal and Low Carb. Will update exact levels later.

Training

I actually decided to switch up the training. Instead of two full-body depletion days, I decided to go with Chest/Back/Shoulders and Legs/Arms/Abs. The workout looked like:

Hammer Incline Bench - 120 - 20/15, 110X15
Seated Row - 120 - 20/20/20
Hammer Flat - 110 - 17/15, 90X15
Lat Pulldown - 120 - 20/20/20
DB Shoulder Press - 50X15, 45X15, 40X15
Smith Inc. Bench - 115 - 15/15/15
Bent BB Row - 135 - 15/15/15
Pec Dec - 100 - 15/15/15
Hammer Pulldown - 140 - 15/15/15
Side Laterals - 22.5 - 20/20

Overall, GREAT workout. At the end, the weight was lower the heck, but I definitely felt like I really targeted the muscle and depleted it. I prefer this setup vs. the full-body one for depletion. Also, weights used today were slightly higher than last week = NICE.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - PROGRESS UPDATE

Well, just thought I would post this up here. I honestly have no clue as to my exact weight, because I've been using two scales. At the beginning of the log:

Home Scale (Digital) = 188 dry in the morning.
Washington Sports Club Scale (Like Doctor's office) = 198 (pre-workout in the AM).

Either way, yesterday's weight in (one week later, looked like):

Home Scale = 188 dry in the morning
WSC = 197

At first I was a bit surprised, then I just got happy. I took some waist measurements, which showed my waist was done .25 inches...after ONE week. And, when I woke up this morning (tuesday), I can see a very noticeable difference in abdominal leanness. If I can continue staying around the same weight, while making progress in lifts/fat-loss, I will be ecstatic.​

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 9

Diet

Basically the same as every other low-cal/low-carb day, so I don't need to list the foods. I never get sick of eating certain foods, so the meal plan for these low days is identical from week to week.

As far as hunger goes, yesterday was a piece of CAKE. I couldn't have been happier. Today has been very good, especially since I got some EST Suppressor from Pete in the mail. I took the suppressor with some adrenalean and my appetite is just about dead at the moment. A great combo IMO.

Training

Today was the depletion day for legs/arms/abs and boy was it brutal. The workout lasted for a long time 1:15-1:30, as I really kicked the living **** out of myself.

Legs

Smith Squats (Wide) - 225 - 15/15/15
SLDL - 175 - 15/15/15
Smith Squats (Narrow) - 185 - 20/20/20
Leg Curl - 110 - 15/15/15
Calf Raises - 200 - 20/20/20
Leg Press - 4 Plates - 20/20/20
Leg Curl - 110 - 15/15/15
Leg Ext - 90 - 15/15/15
Leg Curl - 90 - 15/15/15
Calf Raises - 200 - 20/20/20

Arms

DB Curl - 15/15/15
Tricep Pushdown - 20/20/20
Cable Curl - 20/15/15
Single Arm PD - 15/15/15
Rope PD - 20/20

The workout was absolutely brutal...Got a bit lightheaded (not too bad). I was dead by the end though and I have no energy/life in my legs. However, thats a good thing I suppose.

Cardio tomorrow, among a host of other things. At the moment, I am not even working, but I should be starting a job next week for the USDA in the Food and Nutrition Services Dept. Should be a good fit, even during the school year, so hopefully everything works out.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Hayes VS. UD2.0 - DAY 10

Diet

Same-old stuff for the Low-cal days. Wednesday is always the worst though...no weight training + I begin to get lightheaded. O well. Almost there.

Training

45 Minutes on the Upright Bike. Easy as pie.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
IN! Good luck bro! Dieting is oh soo much fun! I am currently at it as well:dance:!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I may have to give this a try sometime. I'm doing CKD right now and it is, well, boring. I'm on my second week though, so I should wait at least four more weeks to see what happens.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
IN! Good luck bro! Dieting is oh soo much fun! I am currently at it as well:dance:!
I'm actually all done with this. After 2 weeks of the diet, I realized I was already at the point where I wanted to be.

In those two weeks I dropped about 3 pounds, no lift decreases, and the diet/training was easy to stick to.

My goal for the cut was to just get to a very respectable BF% and then bulk. I didn't think it would happen so quickly though! Now, I'm trying to get up to 220 over the course of a year or so, so that I can compete in a couple years.