Bigla2004 is zappin PR's with CORE ZAP (sponsored)

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+4]Zappin’ PR’s with CORE ZAP[/size]

Sex: Male

Height: 6

Weight: 187 give or take

Approximate bf%: Around 10

Bodytype: Mesomorph

Training Experience: Been lifting for about 5 years now, originally started with sport oriented training for basketball and baseball. From there I went to Starting Strength, then P/RR/S, Modified version of Layne Norton’s program, and now DC. I have been making great gains ever since.

What supps you are using:
Multivitamin (Animal Pak)
Anabolic Pump / Yellow Gold as I see fit
Xtend (during cardio)
Storm
Torrent
Primaforce Bulk BA
TP's TeamSkip Blend

Goals:
Right now I'm trying some carb cycling. I'm taking in about 3000 calories as of now on workout days. 300 G's or protein 300 G's of carbs, and about 60-70 grams of fats. On tuesday and thursday I'll go lower carb (<150 grams) but bump the protein and fats up a bit with some natty pb, evoo, and eggs. Saturday and Sunday are moderate carbs depending on how I'm feeling and the occasional refeed. My main goal is to increase my strength. I have upped my cardio for summer, but I don't believe my strength should suffer. Core ZAP should aid me in setting PR's while I lean out a bit.

Other: Before pictures will be posted soon. Also I'm still waiting for the product to come but it should within the next couple days.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+4]Zappin’ PR’s with CORE ZAP[/size]

Initial thoughts: I received the package today after my workout. Normally I would have been pissed, but I killed it in the gym today. However, I am rarely taken back by a bottle design or label, but this bottle looks awesome. If this was on the shelves it'd definitely stand out amongst the competition. I love the bright colors and orange caps :). As of now, I will be using this for my three workouts per week and if permitted by Doug and the Core Nutritional team once or twice a week again with cardio. I'll be when I say I'm not a fan of cardio at all, but with the focus I think this supplement will provide the 30 minutes or so could be a breeze and the caffeine can aid in body composition. I plan on judging this supplements effectiveness on three categories every time I post; energy, well being/focus, and last but definitely not least performance. These are all the plans anyway and without further wait the before pics I'm somewhat ashamed of. The lighting isn't incredible but I did promise pictures and these will give a general idea. I don't expect major body composition changes over the 4-6 weeks of use, performance is what I'm going for, but here it is. I hope this does prove that any gains that occur rapidly are not by any means "newbie" gains.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
[size=+3]About Zap[/size]

Highlights:

* Awesome mental focus, clarity, and increased memory
* Significant strength and performance increases
* Enhanced sense of well being
* Improved metabolism and fat loss
* Increased libido and aggression

CORE ZAP is a unique combination of highly effective and proven ingredients in significant quantities that will give you workouts like you have never experienced before! Each serving of CORE ZAP contains:

* 250 mg of Epimedium (50% Icariin)
* 40 mg of Geranium (1,3-Dimethylpentylamine)
* 500 mg of Sulbutiamine
* 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine
* 200 mg of Caffeine

Physiological Properties and Effects:

Epimedium (icariin 50%): Has been found in clinical studies to improve the condition of reproductive organs and increase the circulating levels of testosterone. By increasing levels of dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and serotonin it causes an energy-promoting effect, and by reducing cortisol levels also produces an anti-stress effect. The icariin found in epimedium can restore low levels of both testosterone and thyroid hormone for improved libido. Studies using epimedium have demonstrated reduced bone breakdown, increased muscle mass, and a loss of body fat. When taken pre-workout, icariin?s energy promoting effects excel and an increase in aggression can be noticed

Geranium (1,3 Dimethylpentylamine): Produces a chemical effect similar to adrenaline. It strongly stimulates the central nervous system, leading to increased energy, mental clarity, and enhanced physical performance. This has been found to be especially desirable for athletes requiring extreme focus and muscular exertion. In lower dosages (around 20-25 mg) it causes a pleasant and smooth stimulating effect. At 40 mg, and in combination with 200 mg of caffeine, the result is extreme energy, euphoria, and intense focus. There are also secondary fat-loss effects due to an increase in the chemical messenger that triggers fat release (cAMP), as well the thermogenic properties of this combination.

Sulbutiamine: Stimulates the nervous systems responsible for physical activity, wakefulness, and attention. It is a nootropic agent?a cognitive enhancer with demonstrated clinical effects in improving memory. Sometimes prescribed for patients suffering from lethargy, fatigue, and physical weakness from convalescence, it is a potent stimulant for athletes seeking improved mental and physical performance. A fat soluble derivative of vitamin B-1 (thiamine), sulbutiamine has been shown to promote wakefulness, long term memory, improved response to stress, and positive mood. Typically, the mood uplift subsides easily and promotes restful sleep with vivid dreaming. Taken pre-workout, sulbutiamine creates an intense focus and seems to promote a better mind muscle connection.

L-Tyrosine: An essential amino acid, acts as a precursor to the adrenal hormones norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine. It supports positive mood and also contributes to adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary function by converting to the thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4)?which powerfully stimulates fat loss. Several studies have found tyrosine to effectively mitigate stress, cold, fatigue, prolonged work, and sleep deprivation, by reducing stress hormone levels. Both animal and human clinical trials have demonstrated improvements in cognitive and physical performance. Tyrosine also helps to potentiate the effects of caffeine.

Caffeine: A well-known stimulant for boosting energy and improving mood. In excessive quantities it produces a jittery, nervous feeling. But at 200 mg, it effectively interacts with the other ingredients in this formula to stimulate mental alertness and create a feeling of well-being, while providing added energy for more intense workouts.

Expect results from the company that knows Performance Is Everything"!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+4]Zappin PRs with CORE ZAP[/size]

[size=+1]Workout 1..[/size]
Dosage: 4 caps
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

Drag Curls- 95 x 12-5-4 (up 5 reps from last time)

Hammer Curls- 45's x 11-5-4 (up 2 reps from last time)

Stand Calf Extension- 160 x 10 (super slow negative, holding stretch at bottom, then bounce reps at failure)

Leg Curls- 140x7 (same)

Icarian Leg Press (stack not plates)- 320x10, 260x20 (up a lot)

Days Thoughts: Good first impressions. Big PR on the drag curls, but then again the point of DC training is to PR every time your in the gym :D. My 5 rep increase there was unreal though, and to come back with hammer curls and still pack on another 2 reps made me happy. Let me know if you guys ever have any questions or want to know about an aspect of the supplement. I'll try to answer your question to the best of my ability.
Energy: The energy was clean and there was no rush. I jumped into 4 caps because caffeine doesn't have a huge effect on me. It was well sustained and I really didn't want to leave the gym. Normally after my 20 rep widowmaker I'm shot. Today I didn't want to leave and pounded the abs and obliques after.
Focus / Well Being: Good. I didn't have like an anger related or adrenaline rush I expected. However, during my rest pause sets (the foundation of DC training) I just didn't want to stop and I felt like I could keep going.
Gym Performance: Simply great. I really can't remember another time when I increased a bicep workout by 5 reps. Also, I'm taking legs light nursing a knee injury back but the performance on the leg press was solid. Every rep the knees touched the chest and had a controlled negative.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 2..[/size]
Upper

Incline DB Press - 85's x 12-3-2 (up 6 reps, and last time had a spotter)

Smith Shoulder Press - 175 x 6-3-2 (up 2 reps and 10 lbs)

Smith CGBP - 210 x 7-4-3 (up 5 reps and 5 lbs)

Rack Chins - bw + 50 x 11-6-4 (up 2 reps and 5 lbs)

T-Bar Row - 270 x 9 (up 10 lbs)

Days Thoughts: Woke up this morning and did 30 minutes of low intensity cardio with only xtend + ba in my system. Workout was incredible shattering the log book from 10 days ago. PR's in incline db press, rack chins, and t-bar rows came today. Smith shoulder press and CGBP are basically back to my old personal bests (dropped weight previously to ensure perfect form). Friday should be fun because I'm lifting w/ my workout partner who is still in school (he's an absolute beast) after we go to see Bigger, Faster, Stronger in downtown Chicago.
Energy: Great. I was laying on my couch before my workout dosing in and out. I decided it was time to do something with the day and popped my Core ZAP. It was a steady uphill climb from there and my energy is still skying.
Focus / Well Being: I am very focused in the gym. I don't really talk to anyone as is but when I'm there my focus and confidence are really apparent. I struggled on the 1st reps of the 2nd and 3rd mini sets for Incline DB Press because I went with no spotter. Each rep took like a grueling 5 seconds for the positive portion but it was still all business.
Gym Performance: Amazing. Adding 6 reps to a DB movement and dropping the spotter is something I've never done. I hope this stays apparent. I dominated every portion of my logbook from last week despite doing LI cardio every morning. Good things to come.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Log is looking good :cool:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
:djparty: Parties Here!

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Nice log you sure your 10%bf??
The pictures are taken from my camera phone because it was all that was available and it masks some detail. With that, I believe I was still carrying a bit more fat and was around 12 maybe in that picture if I had to guess.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
The pictures are taken from my camera phone because it was all that was available and it masks some detail. With that, I believe I was still carrying a bit more fat and was around 12 maybe in that picture if I had to guess.
Just curious...Anyhow nice log man:cheers:

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Just curious...Anyhow nice log man:cheers:
Thanks, I'll check in on yours as well. I do know that today when I was lifting visable veins in both arms, and tiny blue veins (not thick yet) in lats and shoulders :good:

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I'll check in on yours as well. I do know that today when I was lifting visable veins in both arms, and tiny blue veins (not thick yet) in lats and shoulders :good:
lol sounds like your transforming in to arnold....:lol:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good stuff there Big, you seem to have some pretty decent natty strength. Looking forward to your continued feedback..

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff there Big, you seem to have some pretty decent natty strength. Looking forward to your continued feedback..
Thanks man. Means a lot coming from you. I wanted to let you know you have my respect for a great physique and obviously paying your dues. It is weird though, strength comes a lot easier than me than mass. I have no desire really to ever step on stage but I still would like to eventually walk around lookin like a fitness model. The strength I would say comes easy but far form natural. I was 6'0 150 lbs skinny fat when I got my liscense at 16. I had been working out too and was a top baseball and basketball player at my high school. I just keep payin the dues because Rome wasn't built in a day :D.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Means a lot coming from you. I wanted to let you know you have my respect for a great physique and obviously paying your dues. It is weird though, strength comes a lot easier than me than mass. I have no desire really to ever step on stage but I still would like to eventually walk around lookin like a fitness model. The strength I would say comes easy but far form natural. I was 6'0 150 lbs skinny fat when I got my liscense at 16. I had been working out too and was a top baseball and basketball player at my high school. I just keep payin the dues because Rome wasn't built in a day :D.
Thanx dude, appreciated.. Like to see that baseball background - my favorite sport!
You've got a great outlook on building your foundation; too many guys your age want instant results w/o paying those dues.. props to ya.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Thanx dude, appreciated.. Like to see that baseball background - my favorite sport!
You've got a great outlook on building your foundation; too many guys your age want instant results w/o paying those dues.. props to ya.
Popped out of the womb and was expected to play. My dad and brother both played collegiate ball, pitched, and got drafted to double A. Times weren't right though so they couldn't support themselves / their larger family and didn't go.

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Great start to this log. I will be following for sure.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 3..[/size]
Bi?s / Forearm / Lower

Preacher Curls - 85 x 11-4-2

Reverse Grip Pulley Curls - 70 x 15-8-5

Seated Calf Extensions

SLDL - 365 x 6 (big pr)

[youtube]UKsXX0tzy6o[/youtube]
^
for some reason the video doubles the speed and cuts to 15 seconds long instead of 30 seconds after I watch it once..

ATG Squats - 225 x 7 (first time squatting in a year because of my knee.. felt awesome)

Leg Press - 20 rep widowmaker

Days Thoughts: Saw Bigger, Stronger, Faster before the lift. Great movie IMO. It has a very balanced approached to roids in it. The lift was also great. Side note, the gf said I felt bigger all around yesterday.
Energy: My friends a beast and I don't normally get to lift with him a lot, so when I do it's a great time. The energy was high as usual and I'm moving like a mad man in the gym.
Focus / Well Being: Great.. Setting PR's still like its my job and my focus and well being is incredible.
Gym Performance: This product is really striking me as one I will like. I'm sweating like a mad man and just a total beast while I'm in the gym.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The energy was high as usual and I'm moving like a mad man in the gym.
I guess -- you were flying on those deads man!! :run:
lol (saw the notation).. Nice vid, put a crick in my neck turning sideways to see it but very nice..

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
I guess -- you were flying on those deads man!! :run:
lol (saw the notation).. Nice vid, put a crick in my neck turning sideways to see it but very nice..
Ya ya :D.. well I just found out my parents camera has video capability so that should allow for clearer and less choppy videos. That will be coming up soon, but gosh I feel like a fool bringing it to my home gym :rasp:

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Looking forward to some more videos with a less painful camera angle. :D

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to some more videos with a less painful camera angle. :D
Alright smart ass :D. But ya my parents digi camera has video capability so be prepared for more quality, hopefully in real non superhuman speed, and with the right angle

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 4..[/size]
Upper

Incline HS Press - 250 x 8-2-2 (up 10 lbs but down 2 reps)

[youtube]_Olp_YdybG4[/youtube]

HS Shoulder Press - 160 x 10-4-3 (up 10 lbs same reps)

Smith Reverse Grip Bench - 225 x 8-4-3 (up 10 lbs down 1 rep)

[youtube]2I2uDQb_AX4[/youtube]

WG Rack Chins - bw+55 x 13-6-4 (same weight up 8 reps)

HS High Row - 270 x 10-5-3 (up 1 rep but really focused on form)

Days Thoughts: I had a long day leading up to this point. I'm taking Calculus this summer and its a 3 hour course. Total borefest. I also had a hard time registering and still have some things to figure out money wise, and people are being very hard. Overall pretty frustrating. However, all was killed in the gym. I squashed PR's again and took leaps and bounds in strength. I wore a Dry Fit shirt today as you can see from the videos so sweat wasn't as apparent as if I was wearing cotton.
Energy: Going into the gym, nothing special. After popping zap I was like my usual mad man.
Focus / Well Being: I was in the zone focus wise as usual. The well being effects are becoming more and more pronounced. I was just in a great mood the whole time I was there and on my way home.
Gym Performance: Setting PR's left and right with very little breakdown in form. Works for me!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Days Thoughts: I had a long day leading up to this point. I'm taking Calculus this summer and its a 3 hour course. Total borefest. I also had a hard time registering and still have some things to figure out money wise, and people are being very hard. Overall pretty frustrating. However, all was killed in the gym. I squashed PR's again and took leaps and bounds in strength. I wore a Dry Fit shirt today as you can see from the videos so sweat wasn't as apparent as if I was wearing cotton.
Energy: Going into the gym, nothing special. After popping zap I was like my usual mad man.
Focus / Well Being: I was in the zone focus wise as usual. The well being effects are becoming more and more pronounced. I was just in a great mood the whole time I was there and on my way home.
Gym Performance: Setting PR's left and right with very little breakdown in form. Works for me!
lol on the "evening my neck out" remark..
nice review, looking strong man! PR's are always cool to see..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work man! I don't think i could go to Calc classes for 3 hours! :eek:

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 5..[/size]
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

Drag Curl- 95 x 12-6-5 (actually did these on the wrong day :(. Went up in reps from the last time I did them though, I'll be switching this to Spider Curls next time)

[youtube]7Y734wE4wQA[/youtube]

Rope Hammer Curl- 130 x 12-7-6 (up 10 lbs down 2 reps)

Leg Press Calf Extension- 270 (slow negatives with held stretches in bottom position)

Sumo Leg Press- 370x30 (up 10 lbs, and OW)

Cybex Leg Press- 720x6 / 270x20 (the 720x6 felt heavy and I'm going to drop the weight to ensure great form. I had been going to about 90 with my legs for the 720x6 and it puts a lot of pressure on my knee. The 270x20 I basically had my knees touching my chin on every rep and I'm going to do my heavier sets like that now as well)

Days Thoughts: A little pissed at myself that I assumed I put in a workout and did the wrong one for my primary bicep move. It's not the end of the world though. Another great workout today.
Energy: It was great.. I'm spent after the 20 rep set and I had the energy to do 20 minutes of cardio which will be nice for recovery and soreness.
Focus / Well Being: Very focused in the gym. Apparently a little too focused since I did the wrong bicep move :D.
Gym Performance: Solid again, going to humble myself and drop the weight for leg press though and make sure the knees go to the chin. It will result in a better pump and since I like atg squats it should come pretty natural.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Updates[/size]
Dosage: No ZAP
morning cardio

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 6..[/size]
Upper

Hammer Strength Flat Press - 250 x 8-2-1 (up 10 lbs down 2 reps, one of the sides slipped out of my hand and threw the workout off.. still good performance)

DB Shoulder Press - 55's x 12-5-3 (last time was 50's by 8 more reps than I did today. A bit discouraged but I think part of it relates to the slipping on the flat press and over exertion of my shoulders. Still added a lot of weight though)

Machine Dips - 200 x 12-5-4 (up 40 lbs and 3 reps.. really pumped me up)

HS Pulldowns - 150 x 12-7-6 (up 6 reps.. great form here.. really accomplished what I wanted too)

Rack Pulls (below knee)- 500x6 (up 25 lbs and a rep) - 405x8 with additional ROM

[youtube]D2U58jQbvcw[/youtube]

Days Thoughts: Really was pissed about losing 2 reps on flat bench despite the increase in 10 lbs. Ego blow lol.. and it slipped out of my hand which f'd that and shoulder press up. Still a great increase in weight.
Energy: Fabulous.. usually after rack pulls I'm spent but I still managed about 20 minutes of cardio.
Focus / Well Being: I was in the zone again, improving a ton from what I did the time before.
Gym Performance: Everything keeps moving up.. while my weight is going down!

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Losing weight while gaining strength is the best of both worlds. Awesome job man.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 7..[/size]
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

DB Curls - 45's x 13-6-4 (just switched to these, HUGE PUMP)

Hammer Curls - 45's x 11-5-4 (same as last time but I think it had to do with the new DB curls because they were exhausting)

Standing Calf Extension - 180 x 9 (slow negative + stretch at bottom)

Leg Curls - 140 x 7 (same as last time, may sub these out but not sure for what)

Reverse Power Squats - 360 x 4 (knee has hurt on and off but these felt solid)

Leg Press - 270 x 20 (made sure knees touched shoulders every rep, way lighter than last time, i'll be moving up)

Days Thoughts: Loved the DB curls, really got a nice pump. Next time I do these hopefully I go from 23 overall reps to 30 and then the week after move up to 50's for 20+ reps.
Energy: My energy is incredible. Normally I hate even stretching after my widowmaker for legs. Today I did multiple ab sets, some side planks, and then 25 minutes of cardio.
Focus / Well Being: Very well focused and it shows during cardio. I actually don't seem to mind it post workout when I take zap.
Gym Performance: Great as usual. Finally becoming happy with where my abs are at. Going to keep up the intense cardio once or twice per day.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 8..[/size]
Upper

Incline DB Press- Rushed my work set. I paid dearly and as a result screwed myself over for chest and shoulders. Just did some various work to try to compensate.

Smith Shoulder Press- This was all out of wack after incline db press as well. Really a bit pissed about this.

Smith CGBP - 215 x 7-2-2 (up 5 lbs, down 3 reps)

Rack Chins - bw+60 x 12-6-5 (up 10 lbs and 2 reps)

CG Cable Row- 220 x 6, 150 x 10

Days Thoughts: Well I'm furious I rushed my warmup and screwed myself for chest and shoulders. Then to top my day off.. my gym banned freeweight tbar rows in the corner and were goin to make me use a machine. However, the machine's balance is weird and I switched to CG Cable Row instead.
Energy: Was very good as usual.
Focus / Well Being: Good focus and well being after the initial downfall of my chest and shoulders.
Gym Performance: Again chest and shoulders were fukkin awful. Really still upset that I wasted a day of progression on chest and shoulders. However my lats were by far the strongest they've ever been. Triceps were pretty good as well.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 9..[/size]
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

Ez Bar Preacher Curls - 90 x 13-5-3 (up 5 lbs and 4 reps)

Reverse Grip Cable Curls - 90 x 15-10-8 (up 20 lbs and 5 reps)

Seated Calf Extensions

SLDL - 385 x 5 (up 20 lbs down 1 rep)

Squats - 235 x 7 (up 10 lbs) / Leg Press 290x20 (every rep knees touched shoulders, super deep form, up 20 lbs)

Days Thoughts: Wow just wow. Started off ugly, a fire at my gym and they blew the circuit. It was closed. I got to lift at another gym in the chain like a mile away for free (typically it costs more). The one I lifted at today was more of a health club than gym, but I still made due. There's no place like home, but PR's were shattered and iron is iron.
Energy: Super, did my workout and cardio, thats just a testimony that I will do cardio after a widowmaker. Im like popeye in the gym.
Focus / Well Being: Great day and focus. Cubs won which was awesome.. in addition to zap's effects.
Gym Performance: Amazing day. Everything got totally crushed. Adding weight and reps to curls is almost unheard of for me, but I'm super stoked. This made up for my shitty lift Wednesday, but it proved to me my CNS is still in tact which is great.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fire at the gym?? Good grief man..
Way to get your training in there Popeye.
Dunno about comparing ZAP to the Cubbies winning tho man, ahahaa.. j/k. They're playing good ball (except for getting smoked there in Tampa Bay). My Tigers are starting to heat up.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Fire at the gym?? Good grief man..
Way to get your training in there Popeye.
Dunno about comparing ZAP to the Cubbies winning tho man, ahahaa.. j/k. They're playing good ball (except for getting smoked there in Tampa Bay). My Tigers are starting to heat up.
I don't mind the tigers.. my mom's whole family side still lives around Detroit. We clearly have a common hatred in the sox so thats nice :afro:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Got that right.. hate dem Southsiders fo sho.
Hope the Cubbies sweep 'em up this w/e!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cubs going for da sweep 2nite!
HOO-LY COW!
Y'know, the 100-yr. thing & destiny are cool and all.. but you really gotta think these guys are rolling with some karmic nirvana when old-@ss washed-up Jim Edmonds hits 2 (!!) hr in the same inning to help ya win. (Okay, he's only 2 yrs. older than me so he's not that old, but he is washed up!)

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Cubs going for da sweep 2nite!
HOO-LY COW!
Y'know, the 100-yr. thing & destiny are cool and all.. but you really gotta think these guys are rolling with some karmic nirvana when old-@ss washed-up Jim Edmonds hits 2 (!!) hr in the same inning to help ya win. (Okay, he's only 2 yrs. older than me so he's not that old, but he is washed up!)
Haha its been great since I'm a cubs fan finally silencing the socks fans. However, Edmonds isn't washed up, he just choked for San Diego on purpose as a masterful plan to get released and picked up by the cubs ;). The sweep would be nice though. My girlfriend got me tickets to next weekends game at The Cell so hopefully I make it back, I'm willing to risk life to go watch my Cubs play haha.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 10..[/size]
Upper

Incline HS Press - 260 x 7-2-1 (up 10 lbs down 2 reps)

[youtube]s2wBm_ALb3Q[/youtube]

HS Shoulder Press - 170 x 8-3-3 (up 10 lbs down 3 reps)

Smith Reverse Grip Bench - 235 x 8-3-2 (up 10 lbs down 2 reps)

[youtube]LLqqgv7AWRc[/youtube]

WG Rack Chins - bw+75 x 10-6-4 (up 20 lbs down 3 reps)

[youtube]koQRmVlYe0I[/youtube]

HS Seated Low Row - 280 x 8-4-3 (up 10 lbs down 3 reps)

Days Thoughts: Pretty solid workout. Weights are getting really heavy now. I think I lost reps party due to the last workout I had for these parts SUCKING. However, adding 10 lbs for 2 or 3 reps is a trade I'll take almost any day.
Energy: Clean.. and great, the usual.
Focus / Well Being: Very focused again, the WG Rack Chin jump was insane. Felt good all day, did cardio after.
Gym Performance: Great again. Even with the loss of reps adding 10 lbs across the board is great. Coming off such a shitty workout from my last upper may have effected progress here too, but the gains were still great.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Halfway Review[/size]
Dosage: I have used 4 caps the whole time
Notable Increases thus far...

Incline HS Press - Originally 230 x 14 now 260 x 10
HS Shoulder Press - Originally 150 x 17 now 170 x 14
WG Rack Chins - Originally bw+55 x 15 now bw+75 x 20
HS Flat Press - Originally 230 x 13 now 250 x 11
DB Shoulder Press - Originally 45s x 30 now 55s x 20
HS Pulldowns - Originally 140 x 19 now 150 x 25
Rack Pulls - Originally 475 x 5 now 500 x 6
Incline DB's - Originally 85s x 11 now 85s x 17 (thats with a terrible last workout that doesn't count)
Smith Shoulder Press - Originally 165 x 9 now 175 x 11
Smith CGBP - Originally 205 x 10 now 215 x 11
Rack Chins - Originally bw+45 x 19 now bw+60 x 23
Preacher Curls - Originally 85 x 17 now 90 x 21
ATG Squats - Originally 225 x 7 now 235 x 7
Sumo Leg Press - Originally 260 x 30 now 270 x 30

Weight start- 188
Weight now- 184

I've never been this lean.. oh wait, I've never been this strong either :D

Thoughts: Those are the majority of the numbers. Due to my switching in leg pressing style, really focusing on making sure my knees touch my shoulders every rep, weight comparisons are not possible. The increases are pretty huge over a half of bottle. You may be thinking "Oh but you dropped a few reps from beginning to end." I'm focusing on adding weight, and up 20-30 lbs and down maximum of 3 reps is a hell of a strength progression. Not to mention if I kept the weight stagnant, I would add 3+ reps from last time, making this gains around 15+ pounds for compound movements. I'm extremely satisfied so far and that is why I've already purchased another bottle.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 11..[/size]
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

Drag Curls - 100 x 9-4-3 (up 5 lbs down reps.. still happy to add weight and stay 8+ reps for the first part though)

Rope Hammer Curls - 130 x 14-10-7 (up 6 reps)

Leg Press Calf Extensions - 270 x 10 (holding long stretch at bottom and exploding up.. followed by quick bouncing reps until I scream)

Sumo Leg Press - 370 x 30 (no change here.. knee was sorta hurting, massive blood flow though)

Cybex Leg Press - 630 x 4 (dropped down from 720 for less leg strain and instead of goin to 90 making sure my knees hit my shoulders) / 280 x 20 (same fashion.. huge pump)

Days Thoughts: Well I think I'm going to have my knee checked out. It's acting funny and better safe than sorry. No pain what so ever just walking and stuff.. but I feel it limits me on my squats and would like to fix it so I can get my wheels huge.
Energy: Great.. trained legs.. followed it up with some cardio.
Focus / Well Being: Focused as usual. I'm happy in the gym like all the time now.. probably has to do with my weights climbing up and up, and my weight slowly dropping :D.
Gym Performance: Solid.. everything is good.. gains keep coming and weight is down since the beginning of the log. I have backed off cardio a bit not doing it as frequently in the morning. May take it up to that level again to see what I can drop to.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 11..[/size]
Upper

HS Flat Press - 270 x 7-3-2 (up 20 lbs and +1 rep)

DB Shoulder Press - 55 x 12-5-3 (no change but no spotter, slightly better today)

Machine Dips - 210 x 8-5-3 (up 10 lbs down 5 reps)

HS Pulldowns - 160 x 12-6-6 (up 10 lbs down 1 rep)

Rack Pulls - 545 x 2 (up 45 lbs down 4 reps) / 425 x 8 (up 20 lbs)

Days Thoughts: Most satisfying workout I've had since I've been on Zap. I hit 3 plates per side on lying hs flat press. This was huge for me. That was my goal by the end of the log and I felt ambitious today and hit it and managed to add reps from last week!
Energy: Superb, 25 minutes of cardio after a workout that shattered PR's
Focus / Well Being: So focused. Pulling 545 off the rack x 2 from a dead stop at 184 was a huge accomplishment for me. I was stoked (and shaking).
Gym Performance: Simply incredible. I'm hit numbers that were end of the summer goals midway through summer while dropping pounds. I'm really just ecstatic right now.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good work dude, nice to see ya blasting past them goals.
Probably had a bit extra angst going with Cubs loss to Sox, eh?

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 13..[/size]
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

DB Curls - 45s x 15-8-6 (up 6 reps)

Hammer Curls - 45s x 10-6-5 (up 1 rep)

Standing Calf Extensions - 200 x 10 (up 20 lbs and 1 rep)

Leg Curls (individual leg) - 60 x 10 each leg (through this in since lying leg curls was stalling)

Reverse Power Squat - 360 x 9 (up 5 reps)

Leg Press - 290 x 20

Days Thoughts: Short and sweet today.. got in and got out.
Energy: Lowest it has been, I had a mid term and then a quiz and the quiz was a group activity and i had to carry the group.
Focus / Well Being: Not too bad, probably the worst day so far but I still increased in all aspects of the workout.
Gym Performance: Everything felt heavy except for the power squats which is the primary movement so that was good. I did manage to increase the reps a lot but everything felt a bit heavy.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 14..[/size]
Upper

Incline DB Press - 85s x 11-6-3 (up 3 reps)

Smith Shoulder Press - 175 x 6-3-2 (no change, probably going to sub this exercise out, I think that and incline DB's is too similar of a motion)

Smith CGBP - 220 x 8-3-2 (up 5 lbs and 2 reps)

[youtube]aJ1uNySEFkk[/youtube]

Rack Chins - bw+60 x 14-6-5 (concentrated on form, only went up 2 reps but the bi's were still a bit sore from their annihilation on Monday)

T-Bar Rows - 280 x 8 (up 10 lbs down 1 rep)

[youtube]Twi__znRkVE[/youtube]

Seated Row - 170 x 12 (up 30 lbs)

Days Thoughts: Not a bad day, not sure if I'm going to stick with Incline DB Press or not, I did all that fresh with no spotter so the first reps took a bit of time. I'll probably end up subbing out smith shoulder press.
Energy: Pretty solid, had enough energy to do 20 minutes of cardio and abs after the lift and stretching.
Focus / Well Being: Focus in the gym is good, that's for sure.
Gym Performance: I'm still setting PR's and doing damn well, but that whole crushing feeling is starting to wear a bit. It may however be the antibiotic I'm on as performance is still sky high just that my alpha feeling has died a bit. The feeling started to die as I started taking my antibiotic so this could be a fair conclusion.

I'm continuing to stay lean / lean out more.. here is an updated picture

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 15..[/size]
Bi’s / Forearm / Lower

Preacher Curls - 90 x 13-6-5 (same weight +3 reps)

Reverse Grip Cable Curls - 100 x 15-10-8 (up 10 lbs)

Seated Calf Extension - 160 x 10

SLDL - 385 x 5 (no change)

Squats - 245 x 5 (+10 lbs - 2 reps)

Days Thoughts: Well I think it may be time to listen to my body. A very important aspect of DC training is planned cruising. I think it's time to hit 2 weeks of maintenance work just a couple set each split taken 1 or 2 reps short of failure. It seems my recovery is slowing as is my progress. I've been hitting it hard for 7 weeks or so now so that is about the right time for a 10 day cruise.
Energy: Still up there, I was breaking records but not at the pace of earlier.
Focus / Well Being: Still very focused and what not, I just feel with the 7 weeks of intense training, excess cardio, and now my antibiotic a 10 day cruise is in order.
Gym Performance: Still solid, I didn't digress and everything was still beaten with the exception of SLDL, granted at a lesser rate. Next week at least will be a week of cruising, probably followed by a couple days into the week after that as well.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+1]Workout 16..[/size]
Upper

Incline HS Press - 270 x 4-3-2 (up 10 lbs down 1 rep)

HS Shoulder Press - 175 x 7-4-3 (up 5 lbs same reps)

Ez Bar Overhead extensions - 70 x 9-6-4 (will be putting these in next blast so tried them for getting a feel of the weight today)

WG Chins - bw+25 x 7-4-3 (freeweight no rack, seeing where I'm at)

HS High Row - 280 x 10-5-3 (up 5 reps)

Days Thoughts: Definitely approaching the CNS limit. I'm lifting with Pacman of these forums wednesday and after that I'm taking a break from the iron for 10 days.
Energy: Very good.
Focus / Well Being: It's just not as sharp and driven as it was earlier. I attribute this to the large increase in weights while decreasing bodyweight as cruising being a part of DC Training.
Gym Performance: Actually still good. I don't feel like I did in the early weeks but numbers are still going up and bodyweight down slowly. This is a CNS issue for sure not a zap issue as I have been blasting for 9-10 weeks (a very long blast). Zap has been so great my numbers have gotten high and a layoff is required.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established

[size=+4]Final Review[/size]
Dosage: 4 caps throughout
Notable numbers...

Bodyweight start: 187
Bodyweight current: 183

Incline HS Press - Originally 230 x 14 now 270 x 9 (up 30 lbs down 5 reps)
HS Shoulder Press - Originally 150 x 17 now 175 x 14 (up 25 lbs down 3 reps)
WG Rack Chins - Originally bw+55 x 15 now bw+75 x 20 (up 20 lbs and 5 reps)
HS Flat Press - Originally 230 x 13 now 270 x 12 (up 40 lbs down 1 rep)
DB Shoulder Press - Originally 45s x 30 now 55s x 20 (up 20 lbs down 10 reps)
HS Pulldowns - Originally 140 x 19 now 160 x 24 (up 20 lbs and 5 reps)
Rack Pulls - Originally 475 x 5 now 500 x 6 and 545 x 2 (up at least 25 lbs and a rep)
Incline DB's - Originally 85s x 11 now 85s x 20 (up 9 reps and had a workout blown in there)
Smith Shoulder Press - Originally 165 x 9 now 175 x 11 (up 10 lbs and 2 reps)
Smith CGBP - Originally 205 x 10 now 220 x 13 (up 15 lbs and 3 reps)
Rack Chins - Originally bw+45 x 19 now bw+60 x 25 (up 15 lbs and 6 reps)
Preacher Curls - Originally 85 x 17 now 90 x 24 (up 5 lbs and 7 reps)
ATG Squats - Originally 225 x 7 now 245 x 5 (up 20 lbs down 2 reps)
Sumo Leg Press - Originally 360 x 30 now 370 x 30 (up 10 lbs)
Widowmaker Leg Press - 270 x 20 now 290 x 20 (up 20 lbs)
Drag Curls - 95 x 16 now 100 x 19 (up 5 lbs and 3 reps)
T-Bar row - 260 x 9 now 280 x 8 (up 20 lbs down 1 rep)

Before and Afters:

Thoughts: The pictures speak for themselves. As my final lift was with Pacman8, I think he can also attest to my vascularity I've acquired because I don't feel that the lighting gives my arms true justice. This product has already been purchased by myself. It was simply short of incredible. A net change in weight or 4 lbs or so of pure bodyfat lost while the number clearly were climbing up. Another great part of this was the energy was long lasting and clean. There was no shakiness to it whatsoever and its effects were noted for around 5 hours. The focus was very very noticeable and pure up until the end when I was on antibiotics and my cns was wearing. Another effect that can't be left unsaid is the thermogenic effect of this supplement. I was sweating like a mad man in the gym everytime. I set multiple PR's and decreased pure bodyfat. I think Doug has a real winner in this product and I would recommend it to anyone looking to up their training to another level. Let me also note that no other dietary changes were made and that this supplement is truly one that can not be mimicked by diet. My diet was on point prior to this and this really helped push my workouts. The journey has been fun and another one will be coming. I look forward to the future of Core's products and hope they have some great things in the works. A big thanks to Doug and Dan for allowing this log to happen and shedding light on Core Nutritionals. I'd also like to thank everyone for stopping by because you all helped me stay motivated. I'd also like to answer any questions anyone may be left with so feel free to PM me them.