Can you get a cold from Molecular X Factor?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

Can you get a cold from Molecular X Factor?

Can you get a dry coughfrom Molecular X Factor? I have a dry cough no one can explain. My woman is a pharm tech and says that vosa meds can give you a cough. Can some one please help me out , thanks.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

from my understanding...NO...but maybe jjohn can chime in on this...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

I googled vasodilation medications can cause cough and things are coming up, so maybe I should stop x factor for a week and see what happens. ?????
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Dude,
    Unless you go whooping cough going on I wouldn't stop the X-Factor, because you get the benefits from it loading up in your system. Go to the store and see if you can get one of those super concentrated greens powders, when ever I feel a cold I take those for a few days and it usually blocks the cold from ever amounting to anything.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well first off xfactor isnt a "vasodilation medication" its a supplement...and i HIGHLY doubt ur cough is from the xfactor...the only thing i can kinda think if is xfactor can raise luekotrienes and this MIGHT attribute to getting a cough...but thats just a bogus theory...
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I have no cold and have been on X-factor for a month.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.92%

^^^what he said.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

Are you sure there is no possibility, don't get me wrong guys I love the benefits of XF, but this dry cough is killing me and I have seen 2 dif doctors and they can't explain this f en cough. I know xf is a supp an not a med by the way it was a n ex.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

By the way, I just realized I put a cold when I meant a dry cough, big mistake, but I will edit it.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

exactly what i said earlier...the ONLY possibility of xfactor making a cough is the fact taht it raises leukotrienes and that could possibly make u susceptible to catch a cough...but even that it very very very unlikely...i think most doctors are crap anyways... so just keep on it...

here is an image if the breakdown of AA...do ur own research on each of the prostaglandins and u might find ur answer...i hope that helped...good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

Smart guy, I googled Arachnadonic acid and dry cough, found basically what you are saying. Now this cough is keeping me up at night, I can't talk to people sometimes with my throat so harsh. If i stay on xf what can I do? To stop this cough?
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSanderso View Post
    Are you sure there is no possibility, don't get me wrong guys I love the benefits of XF, but this dry cough is killing me and I have seen 2 dif doctors and they can't explain this f en cough. I know xf is a supp an not a med by the way it was a n ex.
    Doctors don't always troubleshoot issues well. They are extremely busy with patients and often take the easy way out. In your case - rather than doing work (which is hard and requires time) they blame X-factor.

I think the world would benefit from more doctors that were engineers in a former life.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Smart guy, I googled Arachnadonic acid and dry cough, found basically what you are saying. Now this cough is keeping me up at night, I can't talk to people sometimes with my throat so harsh. If i stay on xf what can I do? To stop this cough?
    i say stay on it...uve got to sacrifice to be perfect...and pick up some singulair it supposedly can lower high amounts of leukotriens
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

Quote Originally Posted by JaredGalloway View Post
    i say stay on it...uve got to sacrifice to be perfect...and pick up some singulair it supposedly can lower high amounts of leukotriens
    Singulair can I buy that at the drug store or supp shop. I will do a search on it thank.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    Doctors don't always troubleshoot issues well. They are extremely busy with patients and often take the easy way out. In your case - rather than doing work (which is hard and requires time) they blame X-factor.

I think the world would benefit from more doctors that were engineers in a former life.

The doct didn't blame xf, they gave me tests and nothing came up. Pap smeer, the look down the throat, steroids for allergies, cough medicine, you ****en name it they gave it to me. Still never went away.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

This would be an excellent opportunity to drop in and view my log in my sig.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I googled vasodilation medications can cause cough and things are coming up, so maybe I should stop x factor for a week and see what happens. ?????
    xfactor is not a vasodilation product or a medication.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

technically aa will enhance and strengthen the immune system. i have been cycling it for the past year and incredibily - i have not been sick once. though i don't quickly tout xfactor with the cudos for that - i do wonder sometime if it is what helped me. especially in the office environment i am in and how the bug du jour passes down the corridor where i work - i am amazed what things bypassed me!
  19. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Oddly enough I got a cold on Day 18, but I hope to be working out again tomorrow morning and shake it in no time. I haven't caught a cold in... oh I don't know probably a year+ but I must have had it coming Even when my 4 housemates were sick I managed to avoid it.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

I have been off xf for 3 days, I will see if it goes away.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    xfactor is not a vasodilation product or a medication.

ur correct technically its not considered a vasodilation supplement but new studies as well as real world results are indicating it works very well as a vaso supplement especially when taken preworkout it can substantially increase NOS which will lead to a more pronounced pump...
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

so is it a catalyst for NO production like other vasodilation NO products? what does promote vasodilation mean compared to products that actually increase/produce NO in the body?
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

one of my above posts shows the synthesis of AA in the body and what prostaglandins it converts to...some of those "enzymes" can promote extreme ?muscle relaxation? which will lead to more blood getting to the muscle...for more information about this i suggest u contact jjohn...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

one of my above posts shows the synthesis of AA in the body and what prostaglandins it converts to...some of those "enzymes" can promote extreme ?muscle relaxation? which will lead to more blood getting to the muscle...for more information about this i suggest u contact jjohn...
    so basically its a different pathway?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

The problem with these flow charts is that they show all pathways in an 'equal' light. I don't know (or anyone) for certain what % of these pathways convert to. This is part of the upregulation of NOS for nitric oxide production.

How much ? It is possibly it does upregulate nitric oxide but an appreciable amount is another story. I kinda alluded to these unknown conversion factors in my log which still remain unknown till now.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    The problem with these flow charts is that they show all pathways in an 'equal' light. I don't know (or anyone) for certain what % of these pathways convert to. This is part of the upregulation of NOS for nitric oxide production.

How much ? It is possibly it does upregulate nitric oxide but an appreciable amount is another story. I kinda alluded to these unknown conversion factors in my log which still remain unknown till now.
    so what is the difference of it as "promoting vasodilation" compared to traditional "vasodilation" products?
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

I think it is all relative. I think that strict nitric oxide supplements are honestly a waste of money and I'll be the first to admit to buy them just for the hell of it.

Even if there is dialation occuring in the blood vessels, I can't imagine that it is an appreciable amount to actually make a massive difference in nutrient repartitioning.

Even if it does then are they really worth $50+ dollars ?

A pump is really just localized edema in the muscle, and I question the need to even have them.

Like a lot of people here, I was told that it is dead necessary to have a 'pump' in order to grow muscle, however, im my own experience this hasen't been the case.

For me anyway, the biggest determining factor in putting on muscle is just heavier weights. I've tried attacking it from every angle, but once I started really increasing my weight load and disreguarding pumps, etc is when I made my best gains.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i guess what my real question relates to is wording. in all literature/marketing material of x-factor they indicate it promotes vasodilation (not going all the way and indicating its a vasodilation product). so i am really asking what does promote mean in comparison to a vasodilation product - not the difference in the vasodilation affects ones gest with it or another vaso product.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post

IMO the best doctors are the ones that were nurses beforehand. It adds a completely different dynamic to the profession that SO many of them lack.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

i guess what my real question relates to is wording. in all literature/marketing material of x-factor they indicate it promotes vasodilation (not going all the way and indicating its a vasodilation product). so i am really asking what does promote mean in comparison to a vasodilation product - not the difference in the vasodilation affects ones gest with it or another vaso product.

Probably what X-Factor's claims are supposed to mean are that it is going to help facilitate it as opposed to directly causing it.

Assuming you take PlasmaJet solely for nitric oxide, X-Factor is more of a 'well, you should possibly get some pumps from this too'

keyword: possibly.

Probably the most noticible effect from X-Factor is some reduction in fat. Pumps are too inconsistant to be conclusive, same thing with DOMS.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.5%

The doct didn't blame xf, they gave me tests and nothing came up. Pap smeer, the look down the throat, steroids for allergies, cough medicine, you ****en name it they gave it to me. Still never went away.
    A pap smear? LOL! I don't think so man unless there is something you're not telling us. I'm sure you probably meant strep screen.

Did they give you a cough medicine with codeine such as hycodan or robitussin w/ codeine? Nothing suppresses the cough mechanism in the cerebral medulla better than codeine based cough suppressants.

There are so many factors that could be causing this. Many as simple as an URI(upper respiratory infection or common cold), or living in a very dry climate that can cause drying out of the nasal mucousa and posterior oropharyx leading to irritation and a subsequent cough reflex. An air humidifier at night can help alleviate this issue.

You did the right thing going to the doctor and getting blood work done to source possible infectious process. Did they do a chest x-ray?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Probably what X-Factor's claims are supposed to mean are that it is going to help facilitate it as opposed to directly causing it.

Assuming you take PlasmaJet solely for nitric oxide, X-Factor is more of a 'well, you should possibly get some pumps from this too'

keyword: possibly.

Probably the most noticible effect from X-Factor is some reduction in fat. Pumps are too inconsistant to be conclusive, same thing with DOMS.
    im sorry but im going to have to disagree with u on this...EVERYTIME i dose my AA which is only b4 workouts (1.5grams) i get lightheaded...this is because of the upregulation of NOS enzyme...so maybe if u dose ur AA smaller doses u wont be able to tell..but i GUARANTEE u will tell if u dose it all at once b4 workouts u WILL notice a better pump...the pump and pain i get during my workouts are substantially higher than when i dont take it...so i KNOW its working...
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

im sorry but im going to have to disagree with u on this...EVERYTIME i dose my AA which is only b4 workouts (1.5grams) i get lightheaded...this is because of the upregulation of NOS enzyme...so maybe if u dose ur AA smaller doses u wont be able to tell..but i GUARANTEE u will tell if u dose it all at once b4 workouts u WILL notice a better pump...the pump and pain i get during my workouts are substantially higher than when i dont take it...so i KNOW its working...
    that doesn't mean it works the same as a vaso product thought does it?
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

that doesn't mean it works the same as a vaso product thought does it?

no it does not work the same as arginine...it works through different pathways...but it does create a vasodialation effect...this is why jjohn takes AA b4 workouts because it helps with pumps...i dont think i can explain this anymore than i already have but if u still have unanswered questions i think u should contact jjohn (MN rep)...
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.93%

I know this post is so old but just to let everyone know, the cold went away 8 f$ken months later and had 2 chest x-rays. Still never found out what it was. Thank God it's gone now though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 05:37 PM
  2. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 09:50 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
  4. Molecular Nutrition's Test Factor
    By Patuba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 10:26 AM
  5. Molecular X Factor Stack