Can you get a cold from Molecular X Factor?

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Can you get a dry coughfrom Molecular X Factor? I have a dry cough no one can explain. My woman is a pharm tech and says that vosa meds can give you a cough. Can some one please help me out , thanks.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
from my understanding...NO...but maybe jjohn can chime in on this...

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
I googled vasodilation medications can cause cough and things are coming up, so maybe I should stop x factor for a week and see what happens. ?????

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dude,
Unless you go whooping cough going on I wouldn't stop the X-Factor, because you get the benefits from it loading up in your system. Go to the store and see if you can get one of those super concentrated greens powders, when ever I feel a cold I take those for a few days and it usually blocks the cold from ever amounting to anything.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
well first off xfactor isnt a "vasodilation medication" its a supplement...and i HIGHLY doubt ur cough is from the xfactor...the only thing i can kinda think if is xfactor can raise luekotrienes and this MIGHT attribute to getting a cough...but thats just a bogus theory...

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I have no cold and have been on X-factor for a month.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure there is no possibility, don't get me wrong guys I love the benefits of XF, but this dry cough is killing me and I have seen 2 dif doctors and they can't explain this f en cough. I know xf is a supp an not a med by the way it was a n ex.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
By the way, I just realized I put a cold when I meant a dry cough, big mistake, but I will edit it.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
exactly what i said earlier...the ONLY possibility of xfactor making a cough is the fact taht it raises leukotrienes and that could possibly make u susceptible to catch a cough...but even that it very very very unlikely...i think most doctors are crap anyways... so just keep on it...

here is an image if the breakdown of AA...do ur own research on each of the prostaglandins and u might find ur answer...i hope that helped...good luck

Attachments

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Smart guy, I googled Arachnadonic acid and dry cough, found basically what you are saying. Now this cough is keeping me up at night, I can't talk to people sometimes with my throat so harsh. If i stay on xf what can I do? To stop this cough?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure there is no possibility, don't get me wrong guys I love the benefits of XF, but this dry cough is killing me and I have seen 2 dif doctors and they can't explain this f en cough. I know xf is a supp an not a med by the way it was a n ex.
Doctors don't always troubleshoot issues well. They are extremely busy with patients and often take the easy way out. In your case - rather than doing work (which is hard and requires time) they blame X-factor.

I think the world would benefit from more doctors that were engineers in a former life.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Smart guy, I googled Arachnadonic acid and dry cough, found basically what you are saying. Now this cough is keeping me up at night, I can't talk to people sometimes with my throat so harsh. If i stay on xf what can I do? To stop this cough?
i say stay on it...uve got to sacrifice to be perfect...and pick up some singulair it supposedly can lower high amounts of leukotriens

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
i say stay on it...uve got to sacrifice to be perfect...and pick up some singulair it supposedly can lower high amounts of leukotriens
Singulair can I buy that at the drug store or supp shop. I will do a search on it thank.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
Doctors don't always troubleshoot issues well. They are extremely busy with patients and often take the easy way out. In your case - rather than doing work (which is hard and requires time) they blame X-factor.

I think the world would benefit from more doctors that were engineers in a former life.

The doct didn't blame xf, they gave me tests and nothing came up. Pap smeer, the look down the throat, steroids for allergies, cough medicine, you ****en name it they gave it to me. Still never went away.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This would be an excellent opportunity to drop in and view my log in my sig.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I googled vasodilation medications can cause cough and things are coming up, so maybe I should stop x factor for a week and see what happens. ?????
xfactor is not a vasodilation product or a medication.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
technically aa will enhance and strengthen the immune system. i have been cycling it for the past year and incredibily - i have not been sick once. though i don't quickly tout xfactor with the cudos for that - i do wonder sometime if it is what helped me. especially in the office environment i am in and how the bug du jour passes down the corridor where i work - i am amazed what things bypassed me!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oddly enough I got a cold on Day 18, but I hope to be working out again tomorrow morning and shake it in no time. I haven't caught a cold in... oh I don't know probably a year+ but I must have had it coming :) Even when my 4 housemates were sick I managed to avoid it.

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
I have been off xf for 3 days, I will see if it goes away.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
xfactor is not a vasodilation product or a medication.

ur correct technically its not considered a vasodilation supplement but new studies as well as real world results are indicating it works very well as a vaso supplement especially when taken preworkout it can substantially increase NOS which will lead to a more pronounced pump...

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
so is it a catalyst for NO production like other vasodilation NO products? what does promote vasodilation mean compared to products that actually increase/produce NO in the body?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
one of my above posts shows the synthesis of AA in the body and what prostaglandins it converts to...some of those "enzymes" can promote extreme ?muscle relaxation? which will lead to more blood getting to the muscle...for more information about this i suggest u contact jjohn...

Attachments

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
one of my above posts shows the synthesis of AA in the body and what prostaglandins it converts to...some of those "enzymes" can promote extreme ?muscle relaxation? which will lead to more blood getting to the muscle...for more information about this i suggest u contact jjohn...
so basically its a different pathway?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
The problem with these flow charts is that they show all pathways in an 'equal' light. I don't know (or anyone) for certain what % of these pathways convert to. This is part of the upregulation of NOS for nitric oxide production.

How much ? It is possibly it does upregulate nitric oxide but an appreciable amount is another story. I kinda alluded to these unknown conversion factors in my log which still remain unknown till now.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
The problem with these flow charts is that they show all pathways in an 'equal' light. I don't know (or anyone) for certain what % of these pathways convert to. This is part of the upregulation of NOS for nitric oxide production.

How much ? It is possibly it does upregulate nitric oxide but an appreciable amount is another story. I kinda alluded to these unknown conversion factors in my log which still remain unknown till now.
so what is the difference of it as "promoting vasodilation" compared to traditional "vasodilation" products?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I think it is all relative. I think that strict nitric oxide supplements are honestly a waste of money and I'll be the first to admit to buy them just for the hell of it.

Even if there is dialation occuring in the blood vessels, I can't imagine that it is an appreciable amount to actually make a massive difference in nutrient repartitioning.

Even if it does then are they really worth $50+ dollars ?

A pump is really just localized edema in the muscle, and I question the need to even have them.

Like a lot of people here, I was told that it is dead necessary to have a 'pump' in order to grow muscle, however, im my own experience this hasen't been the case.

For me anyway, the biggest determining factor in putting on muscle is just heavier weights. I've tried attacking it from every angle, but once I started really increasing my weight load and disreguarding pumps, etc is when I made my best gains.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i guess what my real question relates to is wording. in all literature/marketing material of x-factor they indicate it promotes vasodilation (not going all the way and indicating its a vasodilation product). so i am really asking what does promote mean in comparison to a vasodilation product - not the difference in the vasodilation affects ones gest with it or another vaso product.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

IMO the best doctors are the ones that were nurses beforehand. It adds a completely different dynamic to the profession that SO many of them lack.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
i guess what my real question relates to is wording. in all literature/marketing material of x-factor they indicate it promotes vasodilation (not going all the way and indicating its a vasodilation product). so i am really asking what does promote mean in comparison to a vasodilation product - not the difference in the vasodilation affects ones gest with it or another vaso product.

Probably what X-Factor's claims are supposed to mean are that it is going to help facilitate it as opposed to directly causing it.

Assuming you take PlasmaJet solely for nitric oxide, X-Factor is more of a 'well, you should possibly get some pumps from this too'

keyword: possibly.

Probably the most noticible effect from X-Factor is some reduction in fat. Pumps are too inconsistant to be conclusive, same thing with DOMS.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The doct didn't blame xf, they gave me tests and nothing came up. Pap smeer, the look down the throat, steroids for allergies, cough medicine, you ****en name it they gave it to me. Still never went away.
A pap smear? LOL! I don't think so man unless there is something you're not telling us. ;) I'm sure you probably meant strep screen.

Did they give you a cough medicine with codeine such as hycodan or robitussin w/ codeine? Nothing suppresses the cough mechanism in the cerebral medulla better than codeine based cough suppressants.

There are so many factors that could be causing this. Many as simple as an URI(upper respiratory infection or common cold), or living in a very dry climate that can cause drying out of the nasal mucousa and posterior oropharyx leading to irritation and a subsequent cough reflex. An air humidifier at night can help alleviate this issue.

You did the right thing going to the doctor and getting blood work done to source possible infectious process. Did they do a chest x-ray?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Probably what X-Factor's claims are supposed to mean are that it is going to help facilitate it as opposed to directly causing it.

Assuming you take PlasmaJet solely for nitric oxide, X-Factor is more of a 'well, you should possibly get some pumps from this too'

keyword: possibly.

Probably the most noticible effect from X-Factor is some reduction in fat. Pumps are too inconsistant to be conclusive, same thing with DOMS.
im sorry but im going to have to disagree with u on this...EVERYTIME i dose my AA which is only b4 workouts (1.5grams) i get lightheaded...this is because of the upregulation of NOS enzyme...so maybe if u dose ur AA smaller doses u wont be able to tell..but i GUARANTEE u will tell if u dose it all at once b4 workouts u WILL notice a better pump...the pump and pain i get during my workouts are substantially higher than when i dont take it...so i KNOW its working...

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
im sorry but im going to have to disagree with u on this...EVERYTIME i dose my AA which is only b4 workouts (1.5grams) i get lightheaded...this is because of the upregulation of NOS enzyme...so maybe if u dose ur AA smaller doses u wont be able to tell..but i GUARANTEE u will tell if u dose it all at once b4 workouts u WILL notice a better pump...the pump and pain i get during my workouts are substantially higher than when i dont take it...so i KNOW its working...
that doesn't mean it works the same as a vaso product thought does it?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
that doesn't mean it works the same as a vaso product thought does it?

no it does not work the same as arginine...it works through different pathways...but it does create a vasodialation effect...this is why jjohn takes AA b4 workouts because it helps with pumps...i dont think i can explain this anymore than i already have but if u still have unanswered questions i think u should contact jjohn (MN rep)...

ChrisSanderso

ChrisSanderso

Awards
  • Established
I know this post is so old but just to let everyone know, the cold went away 8 f$ken months later and had 2 chest x-rays. Still never found out what it was. Thank God it's gone now though.