DHEA and ATD log

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I am very sorry for the delay, but it is finally here. I have been very busy at work the past week and will be for the remainder of my log, so it will not be super detailed. I will update on:
1) mood
2)libido
3)androgenic sides (acne, agression etc)
4)weight
5)stregnth

The dose for my ATD is 80mg/day and my dhea is 1000mg/day. I may play with the dose a little depending on how I feel.

I started the stack yesterday and so far I like it very much.

For the first two days:
1) mood
slightly elevated
2)libido
increased, I actually had an unexpected midnight visitor
increased, just from two days I have noticed increased aggression, acne, perma-pump, and a general feeling of on-ness. could still be placebo at this point. I have also had a general feeling of increased blood pressure.... head and chest. could also be completely anecdotal at this point.
4)weight
official start weight 242lbs
5)strength
no increase in stregth so far, as to be expected.

As a very interesting side note, I recently met Bill Willmore. He is a very, very, nice guy.... prolly the nicest pro I have talked to. Coincidently, he conveniently trains at my new gym. I am very excited to keepan eye on him and learn as much as I can. I will try to update the log as often as possible, but it may only happen a couple of times a week.

The purpose of this log is a recomp. Calories will be kept to maintenance levels to gauge effectiveness.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
2)libido
ill get that the first week, maybe 2 of pct. I dont know if that means anything but maybe you have higher Test? or Estro? I dont know, just figured id through my hat into the ring. And ill be watching you......

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
oh I'm in!

Good luck harold. It's a unique cycle for sure, hope it turns out nice for ya!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
very interesting. i remember hearing something about Patrick Arnold (Ergopharm) and Kevin Smith (Anabolic Xtreme) were trying to set up a study on this. don't remember what ever happened w/it.
they wanted to run people on DHEA 1000 mg/d + ATD 50 mg/d.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
very interesting. i remember hearing something about Patrick Arnold (Ergopharm) and Kevin Smith (Anabolic Xtreme) were trying to set up a study on this. don't remember what ever happened w/it.
they wanted to run people on DHEA 1000 mg/d + ATD 50 mg/d.
I mentioned this exact same thing some time ago and apparantly from what a Rep had said is that this turned out to be Superdrol NG

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I mentioned this exact same thing some time ago and apparantly from what a Rep had said is that this turned out to be Superdrol NG
I dont believe that Superdrol Ng has any DHEA in it. It has some sort of proprietary "pro-hormone" in it. It seems like a joke to me. Sorry AX reps.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I dont believe that Superdrol Ng has any DHEA in it. It has some sort of proprietary "pro-hormone" in it. It seems like a joke to me. Sorry AX reps.
It's got prasterone in it.. Which is just a fancy way to say DHEA.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
good ur starting now...subbed for sure...:bb3:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I love experiments! Subbed and good luck:thumbsup:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now THIS one is unique...subbed.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
actually that came after superdrol ng. PA raised a bunch of stink about how it doesn't really give gains, caused his gyno, etc, and offered to put his money where his mouth is and fund half the study if AX would fund the other half. not sure where it went.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Right on Ozarka. Superdrol-NG IS DHEA. I don't blame people for thinking such though the way they market.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Subbed.

BTW - OP receives an award for his use of the term "Midnight Visitor".

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
actually that came after superdrol ng. PA raised a bunch of stink about how it doesn't really give gains, caused his gyno, etc, and offered to put his money where his mouth is and fund half the study if AX would fund the other half. not sure where it went.
I'm quite excited to see what happens here as well. I've never been much of an advocate of DHEA my self. All the studies I've seen showed a low ceiling effect as far as benefits go even though bad sides kept rising. But again many times a study is just a study. However one very real side even with doses as low as 50mg a day has shown to cause bad heart arrhythmias/palpitations. I'd keep a close eye on this one, especially if you have any history.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PA had said he was dosing in the over 1600mg a day range :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PA had said he was dosing in the over 1600mg a day range :)
I do 100mg a day on Havoc, and love it.

I can't imagine what that much would feel like.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i dug up the old thread from bb.
looks like that study died and never materialized.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do 100mg a day on Havoc, and love it.

I can't imagine what that much would feel like.
I do 100mg with every 20mg of superdrol on pulses. helps with the lethargy. yeah, the 1600mg was crazy.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What androgenic effects does DHEA have by itself then .. ? I've never seen anyone run it by itself, nor attribute their gains to a DHEA product .. More of an Alpha Male feeling ? Libido increase ? The typical testosterone elevation side effects ?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
ok, so it id day 4 now.
1) mood
still elevated
2)libido
still increased
I am deffinately noticing increased sweating as well as increased aggression. Very similiar feeling as being on phera.... for me atleast. Mood increased, but deffinately more drive..... dont cross me.lol. I am still experiencing a perma-pump and "on" feeling.
4)weight
Did not weigh myself
5)strength
no gym today, but yesterday I could deffinately notice an increased endurance.

Thats all for now folks.

Graglor

Graglor

Awards
  • Established
I do 100mg with every 20mg of superdrol on pulses. helps with the lethargy. yeah, the 1600mg was crazy.
From what I've read, it's taken on off days when pulsing. Why do you take it on "on days"?

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
I took strieght through my cycle and pct, helped with cortisel.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
ok, so it id day 4 now.
1) mood
still elevated
2)libido
still increased
I am deffinately noticing increased sweating as well as increased aggression. Very similiar feeling as being on phera.... for me atleast. Mood increased, but deffinately more drive..... dont cross me.lol. I am still experiencing a perma-pump and "on" feeling.
4)weight
Did not weigh myself
5)strength
no gym today, but yesterday I could deffinately notice an increased endurance.

Thats all for now folks.
cool.
keep us posted on if you get any estrogen related sides - ichy nipps, water retention, etc.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
OK so, I am almost a week done. I havent weighed myself since the start, but I am having very noticeable thinning and increased vascularity. I would say that it is deffinately doing something. One thing to note; the past couple of days I have really been feeling like I am back in puberty again?? kind of wierd but I am just kind of bi-polar lately. No estrogenic sides to speak of though, no puffy or sensitive nips or anything. SOoooo.... I am kind of drawing blanks as to what I can attribute this to.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of increasing the atd dose to 100mgs/day. No dry joints so I think I should be fine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, your libido is all you really have to worry about

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
2)libido

Extra-terrestrial? Damn I hate when that happens.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Ive been taking dhea - 100mg~200mg a day.. and let me tell you... Increased test/ def increased libido... u just want to nail everything you see lol/ as far as increased strength, not 100% on that but i feel pumped all day, i use the AST Sports brand. No acne/ No puffy nips/but comes with a side of irritability lol.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so just another update.... just about 2 weeks done now.

1) mood
leveled out... kind of moody at times.
2)libido
back to normal
still increased, oily skin
4)weight
not measured
5)strength
strength slightly elevated... increased endurance noted.

Leaning has continued. Increased vascularity has been marked. Still no puffy nips or anything.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got some bulk atd now. damn that stuff is cheap

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
2)libido

Extra-terrestrial? Damn I hate when that happens.
I never really considered a hard-on too science fiction, I just didn't understand where that came from. Never seen/read that one.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so just another update.... just about 2 weeks done now.

1) mood
leveled out... kind of moody at times.
2)libido
back to normal
still increased, oily skin
4)weight
not measured
5)strength
strength slightly elevated... increased endurance noted.

Leaning has continued. Increased vascularity has been marked. Still no puffy nips or anything.
Are you taking any 5a inhibitors, herbal or scripted?

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
3 weeks done now.

1) mood
pretty decent for the most part.... I am still pretty irritable though
2)libido
elevated once again.... I am finding it difficult to keep it to myself
oily skin and increased agression
4)weight
238lbs
5)strength
strength is going up, not crazy increases but 5-10lbs here and there. I have increased my max deadlift by 3 reps, so that is nice.

My schedule has been a complete disaster lately. I have been following a dc'ish workout routine lately because of lack of time. As always, dc works. I have also been eating a lot of fast food latly. Even though I will quite frequently consume 6 or so double cheeseburgers in a day, I am still loosing wieght. I should add though that even with all the fast food, I am still right around maintenance though. But the cals deffinatly arent the highest quality ones. I am not noticing any shedding, I havent really ever noticed any shedding on any cycles though either. My waist has dropped about 2 inches, so that is nice considering I have only lost about 4 lbs. The recomping capabilites are really really nice. I have also been walking about 5 miles a day though. Not cardio, its just summer time and I like to be outside. I believe thats about it for now. So far I am very pleased, the mood swings can just be kind of annoying at times.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I am still loosing wieght.

My waist has dropped about 2 inches, so that is nice considering I have only lost about 4 lbs.
Cool, sounds like it working out for you.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Just one thing to add is that I have had a lot of troubles sleeping lately... restless sleeps, night sweats, waking up too early and difficulties falling asleep.... dont know what to attribute it to yet though.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Week 4 done (log over)

1) mood
still moody and slightly irritable
2)libido
elevated... extreme morning wood
4)weight
236lbs
5)strength
strength has slightly increased, nothing to brage about though

Closing thoughts
I really liked this experiment. It is very effective at aiding in a recomp and I can honestly say that I have even gained a little muscle while cutting a little chub. Vascularity increased, as well bf decreased.... all in all, I lost about 2 inchs off of my waste, while only loosing about 6 pounds. I will likely run this one again, but next time prolly stacked with some other products. I have been done now for about 3 days and I still havent crashed, I still feel agressive and alpha-ish. Zero estro related sides were noted during or after the experiment. I should also emphasis to people that my diet and training have not been the greatest during this experiment, and I still achieved decent results. I will keep you guys updated for a few more weeks how things are going.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Week 4 done (log over)

1) mood
still moody and slightly irritable
2)libido
elevated... extreme morning wood
4)weight
236lbs
5)strength
strength has slightly increased, nothing to brage about though

Closing thoughts
I really liked this experiment. It is very effective at aiding in a recomp and I can honestly say that I have even gained a little muscle while cutting a little chub. Vascularity increased, as well bf decreased.... all in all, I lost about 2 inchs off of my waste, while only loosing about 6 pounds. I will likely run this one again, but next time prolly stacked with some other products. I have been done now for about 3 days and I still havent crashed, I still feel agressive and alpha-ish. Zero estro related sides were noted during or after the experiment. I should also emphasis to people that my diet and training have not been the greatest during this experiment, and I still achieved decent results. I will keep you guys updated for a few more weeks how things are going.
if you went up to 100mg ed of atd i hope you tapered off. that would be a jackhammer to your system to just stop that high of atd/dhea cold turkey.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
if you went up to 100mg ed of atd i hope you tapered off. that would be a jackhammer to your system to just stop that high of atd/dhea cold turkey.
I've seen cold turkey ATD cause severe estro rebound quite a few times :sad:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LG Sciences 14
Supplements 6
bigpapa Anabolics 3
haroldjg Supplement Logs 45
Supplements 31