Mission X-Factor, Weapon = Napalm

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
X-Factor​
Molecular Nutrition has unlocked the anabolic secret of red meat with its revolutionary new supplement, X-Factor! Bodybuilders have known for ages that red meat is an aggressive muscle and strength builder, offering benefits far beyond its protein content alone. Anyone will tell you that if you want to pack on serious mass, you need red meat - lots of it! X-Factor is here to take the anabolic power of red meat to the next level, supplying high levels of what, according to its inventor William Llewellyn, is red meat's most precious nutrient for muscle growth: arachidonic acid.

Arachidonic acid is actually the chemical messenger first released by your muscles during intense weight training, controlling the core physiological response to exercise and regulating the intensity of all growth signals to follow. By allowing a much greater retention of arachidonic acid in skeletal muscle tissue than diet alone would provide, X-Factor is the only supplement in history to support the very "core" of muscle growth. Amplify the protein synthesizing intensity of each workout far beyond what you were achieving before!

Benefits of X-Factor include:
  • # Increased workout productivity (Intensified residual soreness)
  • # Increased pumps (Greater nutrient availability to the muscles)
  • # Increased androgen receptors (Amplifying the anabolic actions of testosterone)
  • # Increased protein synthesis rates (Accelerated muscle and strength gains)
Napalm​
Napalm™ is a unique and “explosive” mixture of ingredients that is sure to help you make quick work of enemy fat cells dug in deep on the battlefield of your body. By applying it to specific areas of your body, such as your abdominals, glutes, or thighs, the scientific concoction of glycyrrhetinic acid, raspberry ketones, SesaThin™, yohimbine HCl, and synephrine HCl, all work together through different physiological pathways to help you take out stubborn body fat that doesn’t go away fast enough.

Current Stats
Height: 6'0
Weight: 155ish
BF%: 8 (Bioelectrical Impedence)

Goals Lean Bulk while keeping ~8% bf, work on ab definition.

Progress Pics:
Start:

2 Weeks:

Last edited:
OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Damn you for having Napalm!!!!!! I have been waiting to get my hands on it for the past 2 weeks and just can't find it anywhere.

You may talk about this later but is this your first run with X-Factor/any form of AA?

In for the this logtastic journey.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dosing
X-Factor 4 caps/day for 50 Days
Napalm 2-3 Squirts, 2x day (12hrs apart)

Diet: I will be avoiding Omega-3's if possible, but I am not banning it completely. I've switched from Omega-3 eggs to regular, and I'm not eating my salmon, but more tuna/turkey/pork etc. I haven't used an AA supplement in the past so this will be my first run.

I am studying for my MCAT's, so other than working out and going out some evenings, I'm pretty sedentary so my maintenance is roughly 2300. I will be intaking ~2700ish calories for a recomp effect, but if notice I'm putting on too much fat I might alter that. I'll get a body composition check down every 2nd week.

Macro Breakdown:
45% Carbs 30% Protein, 25% Fats
I need lots of clean carbs from fruits and veggies or I get sluggish, but I eat most of my carbs around my morning workouts.

Background
A quick history; I used to play soccer and rugby but I haven't found the time to play them anymore in university, so when I have time I lift weights and I do cardio. I enjoy my cardio sessions on the elliptical because I can read, but I will be doing some fasted cardio for fat loss on this stack. As far as weight goes, I've bounced around up to 165ish, but I've got a pretty light frame.

Workout Schedule
Day 1: Lower Body (Deads, Squats, Calves)
Day 2: Chest & Back (Dips, Bench, Rows, Chins)
Day 3: Shoulder + HIIT Cardio
Day 4: Low-Intensity Cardio
Day 5: (Optional Rest day)

I used to go on a 4 day schedule, but I find I need a 5th rest day. My workouts were getting stale because I wasn't taking enough time to recover. I was planning to do my old routine, but I took a 1 week vacation with no working out, and when I hit the gym again I realized that I need more time to recover.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
im expecting this to be a good log!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following along with you. Let me know if you have any ??'s about the Napalm.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following along with you. Let me know if you have any ??'s about the Napalm.
Well I should double check how I'm applying it.
I'm doing 2-3 squirts on my abs/obliques, and I usually rub some warm water over my chest then dry it off. I thought I read somewhere that I should feel some tingling? but after 6 applications I haven't felt anything yet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing 2-3 squirts on my abs/obliques, and I usually rub some warm water over my chest then dry it off. I thought I read somewhere that I should feel some tingling? but after 6 applications I haven't felt anything yet.
Make sure you shake up the bottle and try to apply it to freshly cleaned skin. If you start to get some slight irritation, then apply lotion between the Napalm applications. I don't always get the tingles and, when I do, it is usually about 40 minutes or so post application.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck looks like a nice combo

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Steve, instead of applying the water and drying the area of application, apply hot water to a towel/facecloth/etc and scrub/massage. It will fully exfoliate and remove the dead skin which greatly facilitates the actions of Napalm.

Kick ass log by the way. Good Luck.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1- Shoulders/HIIT

Workout:
Skullcrushers
Bicep Curls (Various)
DB Shoulder Workout

HIIT Cardio- 10 sprints of 30s /60s rest.

Not much to note yet. On a related sidenote, after a week 1 break I hit the gym on Wed. and bumped my deadlift by 20lbs, and I am STILL feeling sore from that workout. Yesterday I blasted my chest/back, although not really that sore. The next few weeks I'm going to be cutting/near maintenance, then near the end of the log once I've built up my AA levels I will be increasing my cals to help put on more muscle.

DAY 2- LIT Cardio

Went for a nice run right after waking up. Chugged some BCAA's and Glutamine before heading out the door to stop any catabolism, and made my typical route in 43 minutes (Not bad for the first time this year!). Listened to some Stephen Colbert's audiobook I Am America. Running and laughing is hard! :toofunny:

Still a bit sore from my deadlifts, but I just need to do some quality stretching which I forgot to do.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steve, instead of applying the water and drying the area of application, apply hot water to a towel/facecloth/etc and scrub/massage. It will fully exfoliate and remove the dead skin which greatly facilitates the actions of Napalm.

Kick ass log by the way. Good Luck.

I opened the 2nd bottle and it's like night and day. The other bottle kept getting stuck with the pump, and it pumped out dried-up little balls, but this 2nd bottle works like magic. Also I do a scrub with a facecloth, and gave my chest a bit of a shave and it applies much better. Still no tingle, but it's probably my thick skin :lol:Not sure what was wrong with that 1st bottle, but if NP gets it instock I'll pick up another bottle. I don't want to bother Tony, shipping it to Canada is hard (I think Jjohn had his bottle grabbed by customs).

Bravoboy

Bravoboy

Awards
  • Established
Try using the sea sand scrub cleaning stuff while your in the shower on the spots you are going to use your napalm on. You can buy it anywhere, wal-mart, walgreens, etc... It gets rid of dead skin and opens poors like crazy. It should help in the absorption of the napalm better than scrubbing it with a cloth to rid the dead skin.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw this thread. Will definitely be following with interest. :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try using the sea sand scrub cleaning stuff while your in the shower on the spots you are going to use your napalm on. You can buy it anywhere, wal-mart, walgreens, etc... It gets rid of dead skin and opens poors like crazy. It should help in the absorption of the napalm better than scrubbing it with a cloth to rid the dead skin.
Thanks for the tip. My stomach has been red the last few days because I've been doing more scrubbing and probably not that much "exfoliating" hehe :) Love that word. I bet my sisters got something like that stashed somewhere, I'll try and get my hands on one.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I opened the 2nd bottle and it's like night and day. The other bottle kept getting stuck with the pump, and it pumped out dried-up little balls, but this 2nd bottle works like magic. Also I do a scrub with a facecloth, and gave my chest a bit of a shave and it applies much better. Still no tingle, but it's probably my thick skin :lol:Not sure what was wrong with that 1st bottle, but if NP gets it instock I'll pick up another bottle. I don't want to bother Tony, shipping it to Canada is hard (I think Jjohn had his bottle grabbed by customs).
Yeah, darn!!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 3- Legs/Lower Back

Workout:
Deadlifts
Squats (Deep)
Leg Extension + Leg Curl
Calf Raises
10 minute Cooldown on Elliptical + Stretching

Well today's workout was definitely a mistake, I needed more time to rest. My back was feeling a bit stiff, but I knew right on my 1st deadlift set, I managed only 1rep at 265 when I managed 5x5 at 265 4 days ago. I managed a few sets of 4, but definitely no progression. I'm going to make myself rest the extra day for next week.

No extra soreness yet except those crazy deadlifts 4 days ago, but the AA is still building up. Still no tingling from the Napalm :(

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry it's just day 3! And make sure you get enough rest, and prepare for some serious pain bud!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 4- Chest/Back
Workout:
Weighted Dips
Chin-Ups
Incline Bench
Low Rows
Trap Raises
Rear & Front Fly's

Not too sore from the deadlifts since I was too sore yesterday to push myself. Lifts went about average today, I always tend to do those same movements so I try and think of new variations. Next week I'll probably try the Gironda Dips, and I'll do Pulldowns instead of Chin-Ups. I find 2 lifts hits my back nicely, but I need to do more for my chest because it is lagging quite badly. Maybe I'll do a chest-only day and see how that goes.

Napalm is still feeling good :dance: The tingle is elusive however:aargh:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 5- HIIT Sprints

Workout: 10 Sprints, 30s/60s rest. 5 min cooldown

I was planning to do shoulder with the sprints, but there were way too many moms (and not the hot kind :hammer:) getting personal trained in the free weight room today so I just went for the sprints. Was in and out of the gym in 25 minutes! Still no soreness, I'm starting to feel like I'm immune to the soreness that's coming. I'm sure I will be proved quite wrong and will be no longer :toofunny:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6- Bi/Tri's/Shoulders + LIT

Workout:
Bicep and Tricep DB work
Shoulder Presses and Delt Raises

Finished it up with a 30min cardio session.

Still not feeling pretty good, although I've been a bit tired in the morning. For some reason I've been getting up early at ~6:30 and then can't sleep in :fool2: I'm cautious of stims, but I took some Rag this morning (Got the blue-razz caffeine-free) with a bit of caffeine from Dialene, and it gave me some nice energy.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 7- Rest

Well it was supposed to be a completely do-nothing day, which I realized I needed after having some poor deadlifts on that last session, but my sister wanted to go for a jog so I did 25 minutes of cardio, but it was not the fastest of funs (It was so painful to run that slow :aargh:) .

After 1 week, I'd say my bf is still about the same. I lowered my cals to right around my maintenance it seems, which was lower than my estimate but I guess sitting around at my desk studying most of the day doesn't take much energy!

PS Jjohn quick question. If I take 5 caps of XFactor by accident on one day, should I do 3 on the next, or just keep it at 4? I usually pop one with every meal, then today I was counting up my meals and I realized it was my 5th cap already lol.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
No biggie if you take 5 caps.. You can take 3 the next day, so you'll have your 4th cap at the last day. Whatever you like. It really isn't a big deal.

Log looks good man. And what the hell is a rest day? :p

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 8- Lower Back/Legs

WorkoutDeadlifts
Ab Work
Calf Raises
Leg Press

With the extra day of rest, I was able to get my 5x5 at 265. Couldn't bump it up, but was feeling good after my 5th set so I dropped it to 245 and did two sets of 8. This burned me out so much that I couldn't do my squats, so I ended up just going all out on the leg press. I know it's not that same, but I wanted to hit up the legs.
I told Texaslifter I would do some stiff leg dead for him, but my back was so sore I'm going to work 'em tomorrow to keep my word :)

Still no noticeable increase in soreness, however when I shaved my lower chest I must have nicked myself because now when I put the napalm on, it absolutely burns! Alcohol on an open cut is a #&$^ and it's been like this for 3 days now :frustrate

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 8- Lower Back/Legs

WorkoutDeadlifts
Ab Work
Calf Raises
Leg Press

With the extra day of rest, I was able to get my 5x5 at 265. Couldn't bump it up, but was feeling good after my 5th set so I dropped it to 245 and did two sets of 8. This burned me out so much that I couldn't do my squats, so I ended up just going all out on the leg press. I know it's not that same, but I wanted to hit up the legs.
I told Texaslifter I would do some stiff leg dead for him, but my back was so sore I'm going to work 'em tomorrow to keep my word :)

Still no noticeable increase in soreness, however when I shaved my lower chest I must have nicked myself because now when I put the napalm on, it absolutely burns! Alcohol on an open cut is a #&$^ and it's been like this for 3 days now :frustrate
I had some Velcro burn from sparring on my chest and it stung quite badly when I put Napalm on it.

Do you do any speed work for deads? I started doing these recently and my numbers have increased consistently since then.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 9 - Chest/Back

Workout
Weighted Dips
Chin-Ups
Incline Bench
Low Rows
Decline Bench
+ 15 mins cardio

Comments:
I actually forgot about my traps, so I've got to hit those up tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's the X-Factor starting to kick in, but the next day I actually felt some soreness in my chest. It could just be the decline bench which I don't do that often (lack of a good spotter now that I'm at home) but I'll see how it turns out next week.

Napalm is still burning, although now it burns on the obliques which are turning a bit red. I'm not sure if 3 pumps was too much for me, but I've dropped it down to 2 for right now but it's still the same. Still giving it a good rub before applying, and now that NP has Napalm back in stock I'm getting another bottle so I can use it for my whole log.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 10- Shoulder/Abs + HIIT

Workout
DB Shoulder Work
Traps
Some Ab workout

Usual HIIT

Comments
The shoulder work was tough, and I the trap raises I forgot about yesterday were tough. Not noticing any extra soreness yet, although if I got serious about my ab work I'm sure I would be sore the next day. Back is a little bit sore too, but only good-workout sore. DOMS is coming for me tho :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bi's/Tri's + HIIT

Workout
Curls + Skull Crushers
Ab Scissor

HIIT (Usual routine)

Comments
My Bi/Tri's workout got shortened because my sister tagged along to the gym, and I showed her the machines (again!) lol and then it took so long I figured I would just finish with some HIIT. I'm noticing that I'm sweating less during my HIIT sprints, so I might add another sprint in, or just up the resistance. I'll probably do a Tanita weigh-in around day 14 or so to check on my progress, but I think I've lost a bit of bf so far. Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow :) This time, my goal is 100% rest and no jogs lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had some Velcro burn from sparring on my chest and it stung quite badly when I put Napalm on it.

Do you do any speed work for deads? I started doing these recently and my numbers have increased consistently since then.
Hmm nope. What do you suggest, dropping the weight down and seeing how fast I can pump out like 20 reps?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm nope. What do you suggest, dropping the weight down and seeing how fast I can pump out like 20 reps?
It is a Westside principle. Do 5-10 sets of 3 reps at 50-60% of 1RM, but try to do them ~3 seconds. This focuses more on the power aspect and the neural connection to explode into the rep. Rest between 15-45 seconds between sets.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alrighty pictures update! They're in the 1st post. I have definitely leaned out, I must have put on some bf on my one week vacation lol, too much fruits!

My abs still aren't showing that well, but that's because they're pretty lagging. I'm trying to hit them more frequently, if anybody has some suggestions on their favourite/toughest ab workouts let me know. I'll be trying pretty much everything to shock them into growing!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
WOW! 2 weeks and the difference is really easy to notice! Great job!!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Solid Steveo. Props to you for managing weight loss/recomp while studying for the MCATs.

Side Q, how old are you?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid Steveo. Props to you for managing weight loss/recomp while studying for the MCATs.

Side Q, how old are you?
Same as you, 19 :) Just finished my 2nd year of University (College) and am hoping to get into med school after 3rd year although it's a slim chance. And yea MCAT studying is pretty time consuming. My routine is breakfast, 1hr study, 2 hrs gym, then study till around dinner and I take most evenings off. I gave myself 8 solid weeks to study and it's going decently but the verbal sections suck :hammer:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Same as you, 19 :) Just finished my 2nd year of University (College) and am hoping to get into med school after 3rd year although it's a slim chance. And yea MCAT studying is pretty time consuming. My routine is breakfast, 1hr study, 2 hrs gym, then study till around dinner and I take most evenings off. I gave myself 8 solid weeks to study and it's going decently but the verbal sections suck :hammer:
Damn 19 and already 2 years of college? I am very unfamiliar with the schooling system up there lol.

Looks like you have a really solid setup. I am looking to potentially take the MCATs in 2 years. Ill have to come up and get pointers from you ahah.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, 8 or 9 for sure! I can't wait to be that lean!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Dave :wave:

I was going to make it a historical reference to lead you to the name, but voted against it as to not distract you from the med studying lol.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 12- Rest

Sweet sweet rest. Felt quite good, and was very productive with the studying. Ready to hit the deadlifts tomorrow!

Still no increase in soreness, and no tingle from the Napalm :( But I'm sure it's doing it's magic, I've just got to do my duty to my ab exercises!

Dave :wave:

I was going to make it a historical reference to lead you to the name, but voted against it as to not distract you from the med studying lol.
It's actually harder than you think to hint a name without saying it outright. Last night during some drunken Charades, I was given "Jack Sparrow likes @(*&" and it was alot harder than I expected to get them to say Jack Sparrow!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great results so far keep it up man!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 14- Deads/Lower Body

Workout:
Deadlifts
Machine Squats (Back was too exhausted for reg. squats)
Calf Work
Leg Extension
Leg Curls + Lunges
15 mins cool-down elliptical

Comments
I managed to hit 6 reps on my 1st two sets, but only did 5 reps for the last 3. Not very much progression, but I will make sure I do atleast 6 on every set next time. 5 Days seems like the right amount of time to recover, now I just got to tweak my pre-WO nutrition for some extra energy. I like my AP/Yellow Gold and porridge 90 minutes pre-WO, but I'm not sure if adding in an extra 20g of WMS+WPI maybe 15 mins pre-wo would be useful. Might give it a shot next week.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 15- Chest/Back

Workout:
Chin Ups (Painfully slow, assisted for last 2 sets)
Low Rows
Decline Bench
Incline Bench
Pec Fly
15 mins cool-down elliptical

Comments
I might split up my Chest/Back workout. I've been doing it this way for a while, and I might find that a whole day for the bodypart might result in overtraining of the specific body part, but it seems to work for lots of others quite nicely. Alternating a front and back movement gives me lots of time to recover between my sets which I like.

Still no increased soreness from the X-Factor. Eliminated all Omega-3's from my diet, and I'm doing well although I think my skin has started drying out :S

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 16- Traps/Shoulders

Workout:
BB Trap Raises
Various DB & BB Work
HIIT: 10 cycles of the usual

Comments
I almost forgot about my traps until I saw another guy doing shrugs!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 17- HIIT

Workout:

Obliques
HIIT (11 sets since I lost count lol)

Comments:
Did some oblique work with DB's which I haven't done in a while. Should be feeling it for a few days, then just did some HIIT. Only realized afterwards when my time was an extra 90s that I had done an extra set, oh well it's good for me :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 18- Lower Body/Back

Workout
Deadlifts
Leg Press
Calf Raises & Press
BB Lunges
Leg Extensions

Comments Well I got 4 sets of 6 reps, but the 5th set just wouldn't budge. I think I've forgotten to focus on my form though, and next week I might drop it down to 245 and just get 8 repsx5 sets focusing on good form. The best quote I've heard and still appreciate is Leave your ego at the door. Some of my best workouts have been when I drop the weight and just focus on form.

Also bad news, I picked up a cold from my sister :( I will be upping my Vitamin C, Echinacea, Ginseng, Garlic etc. and will hopefully be feeling OK on Wednseday to hit the gym. I WANT to work out tomorrow, but to everybody else that is in this situation I tell them to rest and recover. Taking your own advice can be hard!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 19- Sick Day

Workout:
Making Soup

Comments
Relaxing day. Lots of soup and supplements lol. I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. If I'm feeling so-so, I'll pop 3 or 4 RPM , have a quick shake and work out all before I can even change my mind :lol:

My glutes are VERY sore today. It was because I haven't done BB squats in over a month (My current gym has a weird set-up so that the only way to get the BB on my back is from the incline bench which I was hesitant to do). I'm not sure if the X-Factor caused the increased soreness or not, but it will take more than one DOMS to convince me ;)