3-AD Log - Keeping it simple

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Just got my bottle of 3-ad and decided to do a log an post my results. Nothing fancy. Work outs are in 3 groups w/ 3 and 2 day splits followed by a day off. Typically, a work out will take 45mins - 1hr. I am pretty meticulous about tracking weight changes so results should be easily trackable

I do approx 45 mins of cardio post workout which is either a run, swim, elliptical, stairmaster, jump rope, basketball, stationary bike or tri bike.

Group 1 (high reps):
Day 1: Chest/Tris/Quads/ lt abs
Day 2: Back/Bi/Hams/Wrist
Day 3: Abs (have 2 completely diff work outs)/Squats

Group 2 (lower-ish reps):
Day 1: Upper Body
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Abs (have 2 completely diff work outs)

Group 3 (low reps):
Day 1: Left side of body
Day 2: Right side

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
whats the stats? info? cycle length? goals? ect... looking forward to it.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Stats: 25 yrs/5'10"/165 lbs/10ish% body fat

Cycle Length: 22.5 days with reco'd dosage
PCT: aPCT might add alb
Goal: Increase size/weight/strength
Diet: No special diet. I try to eat healthy and consume high amounts of protein.

Day1:
I worked out this morning prior to my 3-ad arriving and I have tomorrow off from the gym so it will be 2 days b4 i get to lift.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
put what your going to be critique with every workout. i am curious. strength, edurance, pump, recovery.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
put what your going to be critique with every workout. i am curious. strength, edurance, pump, recovery.
All of the above. Vascularity and endurance are not issues, but like everything it can improve or worsen. I'd like to add size and strength, but no hard #s.

In the end, I will be comparing my strength gains against my last 2 months of logs.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
sounds good man. ill be following. i just checked the price of this and it has def dropped from the 99 it used to be.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad to see some logs sprouting up. Very eager to follow this one.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for sure, don't forget the 20g of fats with your doses!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
for sure, don't forget the 20g of fats with your doses!
Word. I almost forgot to mention that. (I need to drive this into the consumers head because it increases absorption ten-fold). A tablespoon of Natty PB, a handful of nuts, some guacamole (works great as a topping and source of healthy fats), 3-4 whole eggs, or a good ol' steak will get the job done pretty easily.

For you, Easy, I'll say the best way to remember is that you want a mouthful of nuts with your goat pee. :D (inside joke)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Good to see some new 3-ad logs popping up.

Have any previous cycle history or is the cycle cherry popping :D?

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Word. I almost forgot to mention that. (I need to drive this into the consumers head because it increases absorption ten-fold). A tablespoon of Natty PB, a handful of nuts, some guacamole (works great as a topping and source of healthy fats), 3-4 whole eggs, or a good ol' steak will get the job done pretty easily.

For you, Easy, I'll say the best way to remember is that you want a mouthful of nuts with your goat pee. :D (inside joke)

I thought it was 15g, but I did bump it up to 20 to be safe.

Good to see some new 3-ad logs popping up.

Have any previous cycle history or is the cycle cherry popping :D?
I did a cycle of AX PP approx 2 1/2 yrs ago to get me back into shape after taking 6 months off from the gym. since then, its been various creatines, pre-work out drinks, and proteins. I tried PowerFULL about 3 months ago and it kicked ass . I'm actually a big fan of usplabs esp supercissus and powerfull . I considered trying Recreate, but i know alb works so I will go w/ that if need be.

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
warjcowksi,

What kind of PCT do you have planned?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
does i matter if its with a meal or not? or should it just be a concentrated source of fat? like flax, pb, avocado??
I'd recommend with food. If you're taking it straight with oil....it's gonna go right through ya.

If you're taking it with a fatty food, like PB or avacado or something, it should be ok.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
warjcowksi,

What kind of PCT do you have planned?

Apparently, all you need is aPCT. I might add something to manage my weight, but my cardio usually takes care of that. I've ceased taking SizeON for this cycle and might start during PCT.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Day 2: Day OFF

It might have been dumb to start my cycle right before my day off, but I'm impatient. I figured it will take a few days before things kick in so now was as good a time as any to start. Days off suck, but they are a necessary evil.

Here's a 3-AD Q&A that has some helpful info regrading pct, dosing, etc

The Planet : NutraPlanet Featured Spotlight: Matt Cahill

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
More useful info:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-xtreme/91797-3-ad-info.html

I haven't tried 3-AD YET but plan on doing a cycle around June. aPCT will be enough for your PCT after 3-AD. The recommend dosage is 4 caps of 3-AD per day BUT if your over 200lbs you can take up to 6 caps per day. Here is a break down of how to dose 3-AD.

-To maximize the effectiveness of 3-AD, please consume each serving with at least 15-20g of fats. Any fat will work. Peanut butter, fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oils, MCT oils, etc.

-Spread each serving roughly 8 hours apart.

-On non-workout days, 3-AD should be taken at your 2nd meal, and then again at your 5th or 6th meal. You do not want to consume 3-AD with your first meal as 3-AD requires a high fat content to maximize absorption. Due to this fact, you need your 1st meal to absorb quickly to feed your muscles after a long night's sleep. A high fat intake will slow down the absorption of your breakfast and will be counteractive to breakfasts' anabolic effects.

-This same rule applies to post workout. Both breakfast and post workout are the two times out of the days that you want FAST absorption of nutrients. DO NOT consume 3-AD therefore with breakfast or with your postworkout meal.

-On workout days, ideally you will want to take 2 caps of 3-AD 45-60 minutes prior to working out with a high fat meal. The high fat meal will maximize absorption and will provide you body with fuel to power through your workouts. Everybody's schedule is different and sometimes breakfast is some people's first meal AND pre-workout meal. In that case, consume your servings of 3-AD at a later point throughout the day. You will still gain the full anabolic benefits.

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
Look forward to your log man, I'm planning on starting a cycle of 3-AD as soon as it arrives at my door.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Day 3: MY FIRST ACTUAL WORKOUT

Work out: Upper body circuit and light ab workout

Total Exercises: 6
Increased weight: 4
Exercises not completed last time, but able to complete: 1
Length: Approx 1hr w/ weights 15 min abs
Cardio: 45 mins elliptical - reverse mode

Summary: Overall, a decent work out. Nothing amazing happened, but i was able to increase weight in 4 of my 6 exercises which could be attributed to a recent change in my routine. Workout consisted of 2 chest, 2 back, 1 tri, and 1 bi. Reps are 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 w/ 10 lbs added after each set. I also alternate sets between a back/bi and chest/tri.

Side effects: None. No excessive sweating, acne, headaches, etc

Weight change: None. I range from 164-168 and I was 165.

Diet: Normal

Daily score 1-10 (partially stolen from Guejn's log):
10 awesome, 5 average, 1 sucks

Motivation: 10. first day, how could i not be motivated
Mood/Aggression: 10. again, first day
Libido: 5. As horny as ever.
Endurance: 8. Work out not as tiring as usual
Strength: 6. cant go any higher bc the weight increase might be a coincidence
Quality of Training: 6. first day in the gym and future expectations are high.
Pump and Vascularity: 3. Normally, my veins look like they are goin to explode, but not today.
Overall Score (Average): 7

I am looking forward to day 7. Im already wishing this was a 30 cycle not 22.5. Tomorrow is legs which have been steadily increasing as is.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Day 4:

Work out: Legs - Most exercises are 12x3 with a few 25x3

Total Exercises: 12
Increased weight: 7
No change: 5 (2 machines maxed out)
Length: Approx 1hr
Cardio: 45 stationary bike

Summary: Had to workout early since I had plans for the rest of the day. Leg workout was strong with increases in a significant number of exercises. Since it was early on the weekend, I wasn't in that psyched about working out. Cardio was a beating and I wanted to quit after 10 minutes.

Side effects: Sweatier than normal during cardio. I am waking up multiple times during the night. I wake up confused and feeling well reseted although I've only been asleep for a few hours. I then have trouble falling back to sleep

Body Weight: 163 (-2). Misleading. I don't have a scale and I weigh myself after I complete my workout. I think I lost more water than typical.
Diet: I've decided to increase my protein intake to approx 200g.

Daily score 1-10 (I've added Sleep Quality to the list):

Motivation: 9. Not psyched, but once I got going I flew through the work out
Mood/Aggression: 10.
Libido: 7.
Endurance: 5. Leg workout was great, but I have never struggled like that during cardio.
Strength: 6. Steady increases on exercises I frequently increase on
Quality of Training: 8. Got in and got out.
Pump and Vascularity: 6. Hard to say on leg day, but not shabby
Sleep Quality: 4.

My staple workouts begin Tuesday which is also day 7. Increases there have been slow to come and any results will be noticeable.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Day 5:

Work out: Abs - 15x3

Total Exercises: 9
Increased weight: 3
No change: 6 (2 machines maxed out)
Length: Approx 1hr
Cardio: 30 min swim

Summary: Great workout. Focus was there and so was recovery. I'm a little sore from legs, but I wouldn't mind if things were worse.

Side effects: Definitely noticing issues with my sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and it took me 3 hours to fall back asleep, but I wasn't tired the next day. It feels like 3-AD has some type of stimulant effect on my body. Sweating was not an issue.

Body Weight: 164 (+1). Within range.

Diet: Normal w/ increased protein

Daily score 1-10:

Motivation: 10.
Mood/Aggression: 9.
Libido: 8. I missed a 2am call so I think that had to do with it being so high.
Endurance: 8. Swim was easy and there were no problems with abs
Strength: 6. A few increases, but its still hard to tell
Quality of Training: 8. Got in and got out.
Pump and Vascularity: 5.
Sleep Quality: 3.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Day 6:

OFF

Still had trouble sleeping through the night. I'm hoping that my body will adjust shorty.

I was going to take before pics today for comparision, but my camera was dead and I was late for work.

snookl187

snookl187

Awards
  • Established
Maybe take your last dose earlier. Some of the testers also reported issues with sleep at the start but it went away after a few days.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What does your dosing schedule look like?

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
What does your dosing schedule look like?
Morning dose is 2 caps around 9:30-10:00AM. Afternoon dose is @ 5:00PM 45 minutes prior to working out. Both doses are with 20g of fat (almonds or peanut butter)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, like snook said, try dosing a li'l earlier.

I know I had some issues getting to bed when I was taking 3-AD as well.

warjcowksi

warjcowksi

Awards
Day 7:

Work out: Chest/Tri/Quads - 25x3. 10 push ups in between each exercise

Total Exercises: 9
Increased weight: 7
No change: 1
New Exercises: 1
Length: Approx 1:15
Cardio: 45 min stationary bike

Summary: This is one of my two staple workouts. Increases here usually occur slowly and that fact that I increased weight in all but one exercise is unreal. In the previous 9x I have done this exact routine, I have only been able to increase weight on a maximum of 2 different exercises on the same day and that was over a month ago. Typical results are no increases or an increase in only 1 exercise.

The lactic acid burn during high reps is almost none existent, but I think my pulse has been higher since beginning this cycle. My increased heart rate his causing some endurance issues, but nothing major.

Side effects: I have started taking my afternoon dose 1 hr earlier and am waking up fewer times during the night. I have been have many vivid and realistic dreams and I have begun talking in my sleep.

Body Weight: 164 (no change). Within range.

Diet: Normal w/ increased protein

Daily score 1-10:

Motivation: 10.
Mood/Aggression: 10. Great mood, but I wanted to rip my assistants head off for asking a simple question. I am normally an extremely patient person.
Libido: 10. I had a great time last night.
Endurance: 7. After the initial exercise, everything was cake. Bike still sucked, but it was much easier than before.
Strength: 10. Unreal.
Quality of Training: 7. Took about 20 mins longer than I would have liked, but I was also stopping to help my dad.
Pump and Vascularity: 5. Nothing special
Sleep Quality: 6. Although a friend kept me up late, I woke up feeling well rested. It felt like I was dreaming the entire time.
Overall Score (Average): 8

I took some pics to help judge progress, but I need new back ones so I will post tomorrow

PennStateMuscle

PennStateMuscle

Awards
Enjoying the log warjcowksi, definitely following along. Keep up the good work.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout man. Keep it up. :thumbsup: