The Cordygen V02 log by MATTIKUS

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
First I want to thank Matt and everyone at Millenium Sport Technology for this opportunity. Good peoples and a great company.

Now a little about me. I live and work in Manhattan. I have a variety of jobs. I wait tables, bartend, IT consulting (occassionally) and help out in a recording studio. I workout 5 days a week, on a 5 on, 2 off split.

Mon-chest,tri's
Tues-back, bi's
Wed-legs
Thurs-traps, shoulders, abs
Fri-arms and whatever else I feel like

My stats:

• Sex - M
• Height 5'10.5"
• Weight - 182
• Body type - Ectomorph
• Training Experience - Started when I was 16, was on and off until 2005, when I started dieting and supplementation
• Current Supplements VShoppe Multi,CL Sesaglow,Avant Napalm, VShoppe ALA, VShoppe Fish Oil, VShoppe various proteins, MHP Dark Matter, NP Bulk Cissus, NP HMB, NP Leucine
• Current Daily Water Intake- 2-3 gallons

The restaraunt I work in is a three story giant in Times Square. I do alot of running around, sometimes for hours on end. I also usually powerwalk to and from work, which is 3 miles away. Just walking through Times Square and dodging cabs everyday while working out 5 times a week can be quite draining. Proper diet and supplementation is a must. I have taken Cordygen 5 frequently in the past, as it is one of the best endurance supplemnts there is imo.

I recently returned from Lake Tahoe where I was skiing with some pretty hardcore individuals. We would ski from 8 am to 7pm everyday, in some very rough terrain. Normally I would have alot of trouble keeping up, but this last time I brought Cordygen 5. I could go all day and then some. Perfect environment for such a supplement. If Cordygen V02 can enhance my endurance capacity even more than Cordygen 5, I will be quite impressed.

Anyway, I will be pushing it extra hard throughout this log to give it a thorough evaluation. My girlfriend is also moving this week (groan) so I will be doing all the heavy lifting there too.

The fun starts tomorrow!

Attachments

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Subbed! I'm definately interested in your comparison between C5 and VO2.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
DAY 1

Woke up this morn and did some situps and crunches. Ate 5 whole eggs, cup of Ezekiel's almond cereal and washed down 3 caps of Cordygen V02 with 20 grams of whey. About an hour later I was on my way to the gym. Today was chest and triceps, and it was a good one. I like to do about 5-10 minutes of cardio before lifting to get the blood flowing. Usually I am a little slow getting started but not today. I thought it seemed a little easier to breathe but only ten minutes of cardio didn't really put it to the test. So, I decided to push it. Went two miles on the treadmill, then hopped on the bike for another two miles. Even with this first half dose, I found it easier to breathe during cardio. I did notice a difference from baseline, as I have not taken any cordyceps for the last three weeks.

Shortly after cardio, I moved to the weights.

2 warmup sets Bench press
2 warmup sets Dumbbell flyes
1 warmup set Cable flyes

I like to do all my warmup sets for a bodypart at the beginning of a workout when I am doing compound sets, which I did today.

4 sets bench press right into dumbbell flyes
3 sets incline bench press into cable flyes
2 sets machine press into dumbbell flyes into cable flyes

2 sets heavy rope pushdowns
2 sets tricep pulldowns
1 set dips
1 set dumbell kickbacks

1 set of decline pushups until failure

Workout went very well. I did not get as much sleep as I wanted to last night, but energy was very good. I only rested about a minute between each set because I did not really feel that fatigued. Having taken Cordygen5 so frequently in the past, I have come to know the "feeling" that cordyceps can give, (ease of breathing, enhanced recovery between sets, pump from ATP) and I already notice some of these things from this first half dose. I gotta say that this new formula is probably going to work very well for me. I am really looking forward to pushing it this week.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Looks great - I'm going to follow this as I do my test log as well.

Mattocks118

Mattocks118

Awards
looks solid the first day man, i'm headin to the gym soon to try it out

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
great start, brotha! i'm in!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i have this in my stash. nice intro. ill be following

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Long day today. Helped my woman pack up a bunch of stuff early this morn, and had to squeeze a good workout into an hour time frame before going to work. The workout went very well, followed by nine hours of straight work.

4 caps Cordygen V02 45 minutes before

Back and biceps

2 warmup sets of pulldowns
4 consecutively heavier sets of pulldowns
1 light set of behind the neck pulldowns

I love heavy pulldowns.

2 warmup sets of bent over rows
2 sets of bent over rows
2 sets seated rows
3 sets of deadlifts
1 set of pullups

I didn't have a whole lot of time left so I did as many various curling exercises as I could after that..

I got a VERY good pump in my back (the good kind). Felt great throughout. Definitely could have kept going. Recovery between sets and after finishing felt almost too easy. I almost don't feel right after a workout if I am not completely drained lol. The huge pump I had in my lats and bi's made up for that.

I had to go to work almost immediately after my workout and was very busy. I almost wish I would have brought more Cordygen V02 with me to work cuz I was definitely feeling a little fatigued toward the end of my shift. I am upping the dose to six caps tomorrow, it's leg day! It will be epic.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

Long day today. Helped my woman pack up a bunch of stuff early this morn, and had to squeeze a good workout into an hour time frame before going to work. The workout went very well, followed by nine hours of straight work.

4 caps Cordygen V02 45 minutes before

Back and biceps

2 warmup sets of pulldowns
4 consecutively heavier sets of pulldowns
1 light set of behind the neck pulldowns

I love heavy pulldowns.

2 warmup sets of bent over rows
2 sets of bent over rows
2 sets seated rows
3 sets of deadlifts
1 set of pullups

I didn't have a whole lot of time left so I did as many various curling exercises as I could after that..

I got a VERY good pump in my back (the good kind). Felt great throughout. Definitely could have kept going. Recovery between sets and after finishing felt almost too easy. I almost don't feel right after a workout if I am not completely drained lol. The huge pump I had in my lats and bi's made up for that.

I had to go to work almost immediately after my workout and was very busy. I almost wish I would have brought more Cordygen V02 with me to work cuz I was definitely feeling a little fatigued toward the end of my shift. I am upping the dose to six caps tomorrow, it's leg day! It will be epic.

Looking good bro I love those epic leg days:cheers:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Well, today was a little less than epic, but kinda interesting.. I woke up feeling like ass this morning. Sore throat, weak feeling, no motivation. I ran a few errands and and decided to not go to work. (I can work when I want pretty much :)) Anyway I had little appetite but ate a few small meals. I took the full six capsule dose today and headed for the gym an hour later, despite feeling like crap. On leg day of all days..

So I started my workout kinda slowly..

2 warmup sets leg press machine
2 sets of leg presses

1 warmup set squats
3 sets squats (legs together) each set consecutively heavier
2 sets sumo squats
1 set of light squats to failure

4 sets leg curls
5 sets leg extensions
120 standing calf raises

So the first half of my workout was pretty lackluster, but then the endorphins started kicking in and I was feeling a little better. What was interesting is that despite feeling sh*tty I never felt fatigued from the workout at all. I would do a set as heavy as I could muster and then sit there, not outta breath, not all dizzy like usual. That is kinda weird for me, especially when I am all run down already. On leg day I usually kill myself and take a while to recover. Not today. I never felt out of breath in the least. By the time I got to leg extensions I was feeling so good I upped the weight more than usual and knocked out a few extra reps no problem. I am liking CV02 more and more everyday. Hopefully this potential cold I have is a one day thing and I can get back into it with intensity tomorrow. :sick:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Well, today was a little less than epic, but kinda interesting.. I woke up feeling like ass this morning. Sore throat, weak feeling, no motivation. I ran a few errands and and decided to not go to work. (I can work when I want pretty much :)) Anyway I had little appetite but ate a few small meals. I took the full six capsule dose today and headed for the gym an hour later, despite feeling like crap. On leg day of all days..

So I started my workout kinda slowly..

2 warmup sets leg press machine
2 sets of leg presses

1 warmup set squats
3 sets squats (legs together) each set consecutively heavier
2 sets sumo squats
1 set of light squats to failure

4 sets leg curls
5 sets leg extensions
120 standing calf raises

So the first half of my workout was pretty lackluster, but then the endorphins started kicking in and I was feeling a little better. What was interesting is that despite feeling sh*tty I never felt fatigued from the workout at all. I would do a set as heavy as I could muster and then sit there, not outta breath, not all dizzy like usual. That is kinda weird for me, especially when I am all run down already. On leg day I usually kill myself and take a while to recover. Not today. I never felt out of breath in the least. By the time I got to leg extensions I was feeling so good I upped the weight more than usual and knocked out a few extra reps no problem. I am liking CV02 more and more everyday. Hopefully this potential cold I have is a one day thing and I can get back into it with intensity tomorrow. :sick:
bummer on that wake up call man. that sucks. put some stoked in there i bet you see great stuff. haha yeah or nocturnabol. i love them both as sleep enhancements! keep it up M dawg

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
great looking leg workout! i put v-co2 to the test on leg day two days ago and it definitely exceeded my expectations.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
:sick::sick::sick: Not feelin' to hot right now. My throat is killin' me to the point it is hard to sleep. Losing my voice too. I don't feel that bad otherwise but I am really annoyed. :aargh: I haven't had a cold or flu for like two years and I thought I was in the clear this season. I am the only person I know getting sick right now. I may or may not do a lighter workout today, and maybe my old lady won't need me to help her unpack.. She got a new apt in the meatpacking district. I have a rich gf. Hmmm thinking about that makes me feel a little better lol. Anyway, I may just take some Cordygen 5 until this thing passes to keep my body used to the cordyceps, and then resume the V02 when I feel better. I will pm Matt and see what he thinks I should do.

Nole1

Nole1

Awards
  • Established
Dude - sorry about the sore throat. Get it checked......my wife and like three people she works with all have strep. Seems to be going around.

Hope you kick it soon.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Dude - sorry about the sore throat. Get it checked......my wife and like three people she works with all have strep. Seems to be going around.

Hope you kick it soon.
Thanks for well wishes bud. I am worried that this may be strep, my boss just went to hospital for that today, and I shook his hand two days ago. Not lookin too good.
Anyway, I took 3 caps of Cordygen5 and did some very light shoulder work. I do not want to push it cuz I am really going through it today. Worst timing ever because I have alot on my plate right now. I will continue with the C5 and when I feel better I will resume the CordygenV02. I am not going to slack on this log, no matter how bad I feel. Obviously not alot to report today, and hopefully the immune system boosting effects of cordyceps shine through a little. Time for vitamin C and green tea..

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Alright fellas I am starting to feel better. I just went through the whole spectrum of sickness that the wonderful flu has to offer. The flu whooped my ass. I am still weak, and have some headaches and phlegm, but better than I was 3 days ago. I will do a very light workout tonight and see how I do. Hopefully tomorrow I can begin to get back on track with training and diet. Will start with a half dose of CV02 and build up again.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Alright I am back! I am almost 100%. Woke up this morning and felt great. Being better after being so sick is the best feeling ever.

So I just got back from the gym. Took 4 caps V02 about an hour before. 'Twas chest day today..

Ran for 10 minutes to get blood flowin'

3 warmup sets bench press

3 sets bench press
5 sets incline bench press (upper chest is a little behind)
5 sets machine flyes
2 sets dumbell flyes

1 set shoulder raises
2 sets military press

3 sets cable pushdowns
2 sets reverse grip cable pushdowns
1 set weighted dips

2 sets reverse grip bench press ( these kill my upper chest and tris)

Pump today was awesome. I looked HUGE. The cordygen V02 definitely helped, I did not feel anywhere close to being worn out. This stuff is so good for endurance. I kind of made myself stop because I am not quite at 100% yet, but almost. I have lost a little bit of strength, but endurance was tip top. One thing I have noticed is that Cordygen V02 does top Cordygen5 for endurance boost, but C5 seems to have longer lasting effects. It is not really noticeable during workout, but about four or five hours later the effect seems to wear off a bit. If I was running an all day marathon, I would either spread out my dose or take two full doses. Just a thought. Tomorrow is leg day, and Friday is back and Bi's. Time to really put the CV02 to the test.

Mattocks118

Mattocks118

Awards
bout time you got better :p

btw good workout from the illzness

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Today was a long day. Went to central park this morning with some buds and rented a rowboat. We rowed around and terrorized the pond until they came after us. Even though the boats aren't made to be bumper boats, that is what my friends were using them for lol. I knew it was a bad idea but it was fun.. Sooooo many beautiful women in this city right now. Unbelievable. Spring:chick: rules!

In the afternoon got ready for my leg workout. I kind of wanted to make up for last week's lackluster workout and go hard and heavy today. I didn't sleep all that well last night so I also took a couple Amp Tabs along with 6 Cordygen V02's. Workout was intense.

Ran for 10 minutes to get the blood pumpin'

1 warmup set lunges
2 warmup sets of lunges with dumbells at sides
4 sets squats, each consecutively heavier
3 sets of sumo squats
4 sets Seated calf raises
3 sets leg curls
4 sets leg extensions

I was a machine today. The Amp and Cordygen had my endurance way up. I was sweating like a madman. I had to force myself to wait a little bit between sets to regain some strength because I wanted to jump from one set to the next. Strength was great. Never had a problem with breathing, but heart rate was up, mostly from the Amp. When I was done I could have started the whole workout over and finished no problem. But I had to go to work.

Left for work and speed walked there because I was late. As soon as I got there I was busy as hell. I was basically running around for the next six hours. Never felt worn out at all. Even walked home and I usually don't because I am pooped. I definitely liked the synergy I had going on today. Felt hot alot too from the Amp.

All in all an awesome day. Tomorrow is Back and Biceps! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was a long day. Went to central park this morning with some buds and rented a rowboat. We rowed around and terrorized the pond until they came after us. Even though the boats aren't made to be bumper boats, that is what my friends were using them for lol. I knew it was a bad idea but it was fun.. Sooooo many beautiful women in this city right now. Unbelievable. Spring:chick: rules!

In the afternoon got ready for my leg workout. I kind of wanted to make up for last week's lackluster workout and go hard and heavy today. I didn't sleep all that well last night so I also took a couple Amp Tabs along with 6 Cordygen V02's. Workout was intense.

Ran for 10 minutes to get the blood pumpin'

1 warmup set lunges
2 warmup sets of lunges with dumbells at sides
4 sets squats, each consecutively heavier
3 sets of sumo squats
4 sets Seated calf raises
3 sets leg curls
4 sets leg extensions

I was a machine today. The Amp and Cordygen had my endurance way up. I was sweating like a madman. I had to force myself to wait a little bit between sets to regain some strength because I wanted to jump from one set to the next. Strength was great. Never had a problem with breathing, but heart rate was up, mostly from the Amp. When I was done I could have started the whole workout over and finished no problem. But I had to go to work.

Left for work and speed walked there because I was late. As soon as I got there I was busy as hell. I was basically running around for the next six hours. Never felt worn out at all. Even walked home and I usually don't because I am pooped. I definitely liked the synergy I had going on today. Felt hot alot too from the Amp.

All in all an awesome day. Tomorrow is Back and Biceps! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Bumper boats and beautiful girls sounds like a good day to me:woohoo:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
central park is a great place. haven't been there for a few years but it really is quite the experience. at any rate, the log's lookin' good, bro.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Just finished my workout. Took 6 caps today about an hour before I started with a small meal.

2 warmup sets cable front pulldowns
4 sets cable front pulldowns each consecutively heavier
2 sets cable rear pulldowns
4 sets seated cable rows
3 sets bent over barbell rows
2 sets deadlifts
1 set heavy shrugs
3 sets of hammer curls
2 sets standing barbell curls
3 sets peracher curls to absolute failure
1 set of constantly dropping weight standing barbell curls until I could barely even lift 15 pounds (usually 50-75 reps)

Long tough workout today. Didn't bother running or anything cuz I wanted to devote every ounce of strength into my lifts. I brought a Cytomax carb and electrolyte drink with me to sip on throughout the workout. I mixed in some leucine as well. My back had a great pump, and my arms felt like they were going to burst. Unreal pump in my biceps. The cordygen definitely did its thing today, as I was carefully monitoring my breathing. I was surprised cuz I was pushing' it. Never felt overly fatigued, not evn close to running out of breath. Even immediately after the workout when I am usually temporarily wasted, I felt fine. Could have went for a long jog if I wanted.

I have six caps left and will use them for a cardio and ab day either tomorrow or Sunday, depending on time and how I feel. After that, final review time.

Oh and don't forget bros, Mother's day on Sunday.. if your mothers are anything like mine you do not want to forget..

:nono:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah definitely a good routine. I'm glad you're happy with the product thus far.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Sadly I have used up my CordygenV02. Every day that I took it I noticed an effect. The product does everything it is supposed to do.

Breathing is easier, endurance is better, and the pumps are great. I seem to think a little more clearly as well. I felt strong while taking it. I did not dose today and noticed a difference. I am purchasing their largest bottle to have on hand. I am also purchasing more Cordygen5.

Cordygen5 works very well also. I seem to notice a longer lasting effect from Cordygen5. C5 is a time released formula, but not quite as pronounced as CordygenV02 imo. I think that for all out breathing and endurance, CordygenV02 can't be beat. If I had a long day of physical stress ahead of me I would probably turn to Cordygen5. I am sure these products could be used together for a long lasting boost as well. CordygenV02 is definitely an improved formula from C5. But C5 still has a place in my cabinet, right next to V02.

So for a fast acting boost of all out endurance improvement, V02 is the way to go. If competing in an all day event, I would either spread out a big dose of V02 over time, or take some C5. Either way, you will be better off than if you hadn't.

Overall- does everything it says. My rating? 9.5

BTW, combined with citrulline malate, creatine, and beta alanine this is very synergestic.

I also again wanted to thank MST for the opportunity and samples. Big thanks to all those who supported and participated as well.

Mattocks118

Mattocks118

Awards
nice review man, isn't it a sad day whenever you run out of something swweeeeeet :(

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Sadly I have used up my CordygenV02. Every day that I took it I noticed an effect. The product does everything it is supposed to do.

Breathing is easier, endurance is better, and the pumps are great. I seem to think a little more clearly as well. I felt strong while taking it. I did not dose today and noticed a difference. I am purchasing their largest bottle to have on hand. I am also purchasing more Cordygen5.

Cordygen5 works very well also. I seem to notice a longer lasting effect from Cordygen5. C5 is a time released formula, but not quite as pronounced as CordygenV02 imo. I think that for all out breathing and endurance, CordygenV02 can't be beat. If I had a long day of physical stress ahead of me I would probably turn to Cordygen5. I am sure these products could be used together for a long lasting boost as well. CordygenV02 is definitely an improved formula from C5. But C5 still has a place in my cabinet, right next to V02.

So for a fast acting boost of all out endurance improvement, V02 is the way to go. If competing in an all day event, I would either spread out a big dose of V02 over time, or take some C5. Either way, you will be better off than if you hadn't.

Overall- does everything it says. My rating? 9.5

BTW, combined with citrulline malate, creatine, and beta alanine this is very synergestic.

I also again wanted to thank MST for the opportunity and samples. Big thanks to all those who supported and participated as well.

Thanks for the awesome log and great review! I'm really glad you enjoyed the C-VO2. A 9.5 rating brings a smile to my face :)

Thanks again for helping us out, it's very much appreciated!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
No problem Millenium1. Cordygen VO2 brought a :) to my face.