Red Dog's Velocity Diet w/ Levi-R, TTA, Salvia Miltiorrhiza and Reset-AD Log

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys -- I've decided to run the Velocity Diet with a nice combination of supplements and figured that my results may be helpful to those thinking about a similar route. I've been taking in a ****load of food over the last couple months and put on several extra crap pounds, so it's time to fix that..

I picked the V-Diet because it just straight up works -- it's easy to follow, it worked for me, it worked for my friends -- it just works :D

Levi-R has so much credibility around here that I figured I would try it for myself and see how well it treats me.

TTA seems to be a hell of a product, and given the recent drought of DCP, I just went with the bulk option instead.

Salvia Miltiorrhiza has such a great synergy with TTA that I thought it was pretty much essential to include it as well.

Reset-AD came with the Levi-R I ordered awhile ago, and given my high threshold of tolerance for stims, I think it will make a great addition.

I'll also be using Zinc (I swear it makes me feel better in general), Melatonin (I have trouble sleeping sometimes), Ragnarok (My favorite PWO mix), Bulk CEE (In hopes of retaining as much lean mass as possible), BCAAs (for Intra-W/O), and Taurine (Just cause I have it laying around and want to get rid of it).

For protein, I'll be using AST Isolate (my brother bought it for me like 2 months ago -- get off my case) and some sexy ATW Vanilla.

For fiber and fats, I'll be taking a good amount of Milled Flax Seeds, Fish Oils, and Benefiber.

PWO Nutrition (only for weight training) is Isolate + Dex.

I know that sounds like a ****-ton of supplements but a good amount of those are ones I was already using -- I normally don't take this many but hey, what the hell.

So that's my rationale behind this method -- I have laid out in some detail the plan I'll be following (yeah it's lengthy, yeah it's a b!tch to read, but it lets you see exactly what I'm doing!) so that everybody can see just what I'm doing. I'm not giving specific times cause I never wake up at the same time each day -- but the spacing and time representations are all that's really needed ya know.. anyways here's the deal

Supplement Dosing

Leviathan Reloaded – 2 caps Upon Waking & 2 caps ~6 hours later

Tetradecylthioacetic Acid (TTA) – 250 mg ~30 minutes before Meal 1,3, & 4

Salvia Miltiorrhiza – 3x daily – 250 mg taken w/ TTA

Reset A.D. – 1 cap Upon Waking & 1 cap PM

Bulk CEE – 5g w/ Meal 1 & 5g PWO

Ragnarok – 1 serving Pre-W/O

BCAAs – 10g Intra-W/O

Taurine – ½ teaspoon pre/post cardio (1.6 grams)

Zinc – 50mg w/ Meal 1 & 50 mg w/ Meal 7

Melatonin – 3mg after Meal 7

Meal Nutrition

The 1st series is per serving -- the 2nd series is per day.

Flax Seeds (4x a day – Meals 2, 4, 6)

90 calories
6g fat
4g carbs
3g protein
4g fiber

360 calories
24g fat
16g carbs
12g protein
16g fiber

Benefiber (4x a day – Meals 1, 3, 5, 7)

15 calories
4g carbs
4g fiber

45 calories
12g carbs
12g fiber

Whey Isolate (3x daily – Meals 2, 4, 6)

100 calories
0.5g fat
2g carbs
23g protein

300 calories
1.5g fat
6g carbs
69g protein

ATW Whey Blend (4x daily – Meals 1, 3, 5, 7)

162 calories
3g fat
3g carbs
33g protein

648 calories
12g fat
12g carbs
132g protein

PWO Shake (W/O Days Only)

236 calories
1g fat
51g carbs
35g protein

Fish-Oil (Non W/O Days Only)

9 calories
1g fat

99 calories
9g fat

Daily Totals

1589 calories W/O Days
46.5g fat
97g carbs
252g protein
28g fiber

1453 calories Non-W/O Days
56.5g fat
44g carbs
217g protein
28g fiber

** The only note I have for this diet is that I have already accepted that I WILL deviate on occasion from this strict schedule.. I love my ****ing chicken breast and I guarantee I will replace a couple protein servings with them -- just way too tasty to give up.

I have been training everyday (sometimes twice) and get roughly 9-10 hours of sleep a night.. I recover stupid fast for whatever reason so high frequency works best for me.. anyways, I love HIIT, so I'll be combining that with heavy sh!t lifting for the duration -- ~6 reps per set for whatever I'm doing.. Most days will be HEAVY mornings and HIIT nights.. if I get worn-out, I'll drop some heavy workouts, but still probably keep that amazing HIIT.. we'll just see how it goes, I'll keep you guys (assuming you're watching) updated on my progress..

So if this post wasn't enough to piss you off yet and make you leave, here's a little more about my current position..

Starting Stats
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 193
BF%: ~16 (estimate)

Beginning Measurements...

Wrist – 7.25”
Upper Arm -- 15.5”
Neck -- 17.75”
Forearm -- 12.75”
Chest -- 44.5”
Thigh – 25”
Waist (at Navel) -- 38”
Waist (at Hipline) -- 36”
Shoulder to Shoulder -- 23”
Ankle -- 9.25”

I'll be editing this b!tch if anything changes and marking updates and changes at the bottom, and am always open to suggestions.

I truly appreciate anybody who follows along -- I figured that whatever the results are from this, they can be utilized in some type of progressive/helpful manner in a diet or training or whatever, so what the hell -- time to log the b!tch -- wish me good luck :D

**UPDATE**: 4/25 -- Measurements Added!

Last edited:
ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
some of your calculations are by 4 not 3 just so you know...ie. 90 calories in flaxseed x4 is 360 and you have serving size 3x a day. not trying to be an ass just dont want you to get screwed up on your macros if your doing them.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
some of your calculations are by 4 not 3 just so you know...ie. 90 calories in flaxseed x4 is 360 and you have serving size 3x a day. not trying to be an ass just dont want you to get screwed up on your macros if your doing them.
Yep you're absolutely right. I totaled it up right but forgot that I had to add in an extra meal! Thanks man.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: April 25th

Morning Weight: 188
Night Weight: 188
Total Weight Loss: 4lbs

First day on this diet and I followed essentially what I've outlined above with a few highlights.

NUTRITION

I reduced my PWO shake to ~30g carbs and ~30g protein -- I had 30 grams of simple sugars left so I just figured I would make some use of it (only a small caloric shift).

Drank a gallon or so of water and 1 diet soda -- in addition to all the water I used to mix the shakes.

The only thing I changed was replacing the Isolate in Meal 5 with a lean chicken breast -- essentially the exact same thing in solid food form.. I'll probably do this every now and again just because they are virtually identical and taste sooo good.

TRAINING

I did 20 min HIIT around 4:30 w/ 10g BCAA, and a 40min heavy session of legs and shoulders (squats and military) around 9:30.. I didn't use Rag cause it was pretty late, but I'll shoot for it tomorrow.

*General Note*: ALWAYS CAP SALVIA MILTIORRHIZA! This is the worst tasting **** I have ever come across -- wow.

*General Note*: Avoid AST VP2 Isolate Citrus Flavor at all costs -- the worst tasting protein I have ever come across.. that in mind, I may be using some True Protein Isolate to replace it from time to time -- since it has the exact same macro makeup.

*General Note*: Accidentally took double Salvia dose (500mg v. 250mg).. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm mentioning it here because it did NOT give me an upset stomach, bloat, etc., for anybody looking at dosages for the product.

*General Note*: In reference to the 4lb slip, I imagine very, very little of the weight lost to be fat -- with most of it chalked up to glycogen depletion (I ate crazy carbs for the past few months).

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Did you cap the TTA and if so how was it to work with?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Thanks very much Norwegian -- I appreciate that.. and I was following your log btw -- which is really well done!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Did you cap the TTA and if so how was it to work with?
hey man, I didn't cap the TTA cause it's almost tasteless -- which is great because it would've been suuuuuch a b!tch to cap.. for whatever reason the powder like's to stick to anything (it looks like a static cling ya know?) and it would be damn near impossible to cap.. I just fill up a little under 1/4 teaspoon and throw it in the back of my mouth and wash it down!

but the bulk TTA is great! $24.99 from Nutra for 100g, and I take ~250mg-300mg per dose, so thats 300-400 doses, I take 3 doses per day, which ends up about 800mg-900mg a day so I've got about 4 months of product! :D

BUT the Salvia M. is such a pain in the ass to cap as well, but I always still end up doing it (manually) because I'm convinced the taste is just straight from hell.. I try my hardest not to burp cause it is just.. holy **** -- SO pissed if I throw up and waste all that product haha

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
hey man, I didn't cap the TTA cause it's almost tasteless -- which is great because it would've been suuuuuch a b!tch to cap.. for whatever reason the powder like's to stick to anything (it looks like a static cling ya know?) and it would be damn near impossible to cap.. I just fill up a little under 1/4 teaspoon and throw it in the back of my mouth and wash it down!

but the bulk TTA is great! $24.99 from Nutra for 100g, and I take ~250mg-300mg per dose, so thats 300-400 doses, I take 3 doses per day, which ends up about 800mg-900mg a day so I've got about 4 months of product! :D

BUT the Salvia M. is such a pain in the ass to cap as well, but I always still end up doing it (manually) because I'm convinced the taste is just straight from hell.. I try my hardest not to burp cause it is just.. holy **** -- SO pissed if I throw up and waste all that product haha
Yeah, Salvia is rough to cap but not as bad as green tea so I didn't mind it to much. Good Luck with the log and sorry to clog it up but how much tta per 1/4 tsp according to the package? I am probably going to order some soon and start it up once I am done with my log. So I will be following yours to see how it works out.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Nice looking setup and very nice detail. Best of luck man. I'll be following closely. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but does the velocity diet essentially consist of a keto diet with powders being your main source of protein?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
thanks to both hman and Terrible -- I appreciate the support..

TT, yeah this diet is essentially replacing all (or most) of solid foods with protein shakes, healthy fats, and fiber.. but I eat a chicken breast to replace one of the meals just to keep myself from going insane.

But yeah, 7-8 shakes, flax seeds, fish oil (when I have it), and fiber -- gets real old real fast haha but it works..

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Salvia is rough to cap but not as bad as green tea so I didn't mind it to much. Good Luck with the log and sorry to clog it up but how much tta per 1/4 tsp according to the package? I am probably going to order some soon and start it up once I am done with my log. So I will be following yours to see how it works out.
Not at all -- I'm happy to answer any questions about it cause it usually just helps me focus more..

TTA is 1/4 tsp. = 500mg

It's a great buy and seems well worth it!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: April 26th

Morning Weight: 186
Night Weight: 186.5
Total Weight Loss: 5-6 lbs

Repeated Day 1 almost exactly!

NUTRITION

Standard PWO Shake.

~1 gallon of water and 1 diet soda.

Replaced Meal 5 with lean chicken breast again.

Rag pre-WO (heavy) & +Storm as PWO creatine -- CEE pre-HIIT.

TRAINING

20 minute HIIT session (sprints and speed ladder) around 3:30 w/ 5g BCAA preWO (ran out!).

40 minute heavy training session around 8:00 pm of arms and abs (variety of curls, pressdowns, bench sit-ups, and leg raises).

*General Note*: Replaced AST Isolate w/ ATW variety described in my 1st post.. the taste is just straight from hell.

*General Note*: Capped Bulk CEE and got a bunch of free Storm samples which I'll be incorporating into my creatine usage (Storm is calorie free).

*General Note*: Solid strength in my lifts -- surprisingly, at maintenance or improved across the board.. BUT starting to sore much easier than before -- miss those carbs.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
thanks to both hman and Terrible -- I appreciate the support..

TT, yeah this diet is essentially replacing all (or most) of solid foods with protein shakes, healthy fats, and fiber.. but I eat a chicken breast to replace one of the meals just to keep myself from going insane.

But yeah, 7-8 shakes, flax seeds, fish oil (when I have it), and fiber -- gets real old real fast haha but it works..
Sounds interesting. One positive is it will be really simple to keep up with and adjust your macros, but yea I think I would go insane if all my meals were to consist of shakes. Is this your first time using this diet?

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know how long I could be doing that for .. I hope your stack will supress they hell outta your appetite, because doing shakes only has got to be a PAIN ! I don't think I could go without solid meals .. At least 4-5 of them per day !

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Sounds interesting. One positive is it will be really simple to keep up with and adjust your macros, but yea I think I would go insane if all my meals were to consist of shakes. Is this your first time using this diet?
Exactly, I think that's the main idea that the author had behind the diet is that you have to actually try to mess up your macros! It's all so cut and dry that unless you start adding in things or subtracting them out, you have a regimented, idiot-proof way of making sure of knowing exactly what you take in!

It is definitely rough not eating solids, but I skirt that problem by adding in the chicken breast every day.. I usually eat it about an hour after my PWO shake and it's just great.

I've used a modified version of it before that was more whole-food oriented and it worked pretty well, but I kept fvcking up my macros and falling short on progress.. so I figured I'd better stay as close to the outline as I could this time.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how long I could be doing that for .. I hope your stack will supress they hell outta your appetite, because doing shakes only has got to be a PAIN ! I don't think I could go without solid meals .. At least 4-5 of them per day !
I know it.. I've only dedicated myself to 2-3 weeks with this protocol just because the shakes get sooo old! Solid meals are unbelievably delicious during and after this crap haha.. what kind of fatloss diet do you prefer? A keto w/ solid foods? Or maybe an even split one like I think Sporto used?.. just curious!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know it.. I've only dedicated myself to 2-3 weeks with this protocol just because the shakes get sooo old! Solid meals are unbelievably delicious during and after this crap haha.. what kind of fatloss diet do you prefer? A keto w/ solid foods? Or maybe an even split one like I think Sporto used?.. just curious!
U.D 2.0 by Lyle McDonald .. it's basically a CKD, and yes, with solid foods. I ran it 2 times X 5-6 weeks each, and I had incredible results each time. It's quite the beating your body endures, though, so I crashed after 6 weeks of pounding my body just two weeks ago.

And I don't believe I am familiar with Sporto .. Care to elaborate ?

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How would the Salvi compare to Yellow gold or Creatine Ethyl-ester?

CEE is the onloy thing that ever beat me, just totally inedgible but YG is fine...

How much salvia fits in a cap?

I really want to try it during the 3rd phase of my cut...

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
U.D 2.0 by Michael McDonald .. it's basically a CKD, and yes, with solid foods. I ran it 2 times X 5-6 weeks each, and I had incredible results each time. It's quite the beating your body endures, though, so I crashed after 6 weeks of pounding my body just two weeks ago.

And I don't believe I am familiar with Sporto .. Care to elaborate ?
wait you mean Lyle McDonald? Cause I've heard of that one haha.. is that the one where you do low-carb for a few days, then crazy carbs for a few days?

Oh and Sporto is just a member on here, he did a diet that had ample amount of each macro and had great success with it -- actually I think Lyle McDonald wrote a book on it! haha maybe it's the same one you're talking about, I'll have to check into that..

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
How would the Salvi compare to Yellow gold or Creatine Ethyl-ester?

CEE is the onloy thing that ever beat me, just totally inedgible but YG is fine...

How much salvia fits in a cap?

I really want to try it during the 3rd phase of my cut...
I've never tried the YG but I have CEE and I cap that **** for sure, but the CEE is just bitter -- I mean yeah, it's terrible, but bitter is the only thing I can say about it..

Salvi on the other hand is a pungent, bitter, aromatic, earthy, crap brown, disgusting spice/herb matrix that just makes me straight sick.. if I burp after I take it I push the brink of nausea every time.. haha essentially, the worst tasting supp I've ever personally encountered..

I do them by hand (cause I only need 3 a day), and I get about 275-300mg in a cap.. the reason being that I know I would fvck up the dosage if I use the capper and tamped it down, etc.. if you did it that way I would imagine you could get ~600 in a cap..

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wait you mean Lyle McDonald? Cause I've heard of that one haha.. is that the one where you do low-carb for a few days, then crazy carbs for a few days?

Oh and Sporto is just a member on here, he did a diet that had ample amount of each macro and had great success with it -- actually I think Lyle McDonald wrote a book on it! haha maybe it's the same one you're talking about, I'll have to check into that..
Haha, of course I mean Lyle McDonald ! I don't know what world I was in when I said Michael .. I've been preaching the U.D 2.0 in every log I've ran on this board, as the results were great every time I ran it !

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Day 3: April 27th

Morning Weight: 185.5
Night Weight: 186
Total Weight Loss: ~6 lbs

NUTRITION

Identical to Day 2.

Replaced Storm PWO with ~4g CEE.

TRAINING

No HIIT today.

45 minute heavy training session around 7:00 pm of chest and back (Incline/Decline BB Press, Pull-Ups/Chins Supersets)

*General Note*: I have recurring ganglion cysts on both my wrists and my left one started to appear yesterday -- got to be painful on the pressing movements but luckily it wasn't debilitating.

*General Note*: Improved on my superset totals & increased weight on my presses.. everything is going well so far!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: April 28th

Morning Weight: 184.5
Night Weight: 185
Total Weight Loss: ~7 lbs

NUTRITION

More of the same!

Replaced Meal 4 w/ lean chicken breast.

TRAINING

20 minute HIIT session (sprints).

35 minute heavy training session around 9:30 pm of shoulders (Military Press & rear-delt raises).

*General Note*: Cyst on my right wrist decided to start bothering me today so they both are providing some added discomfort -- but oh well, they take a few days and then subside so hopefully it won't hinder me much.

*General Note*: Maintained strength on lifts and ended up +3 reps -- everything (minus these mother ****ing shakes) seems to be going well!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: April 29th

Morning Weight: 182.5
Night Weight: 183.5
Total Weight Loss: ~9 lbs

Sorry for the delay!

NUTRITION

More of the same!

Replaced Meal 5 w/ lean chicken breast.

TRAINING

No HIIT today.

60 minute heavy training session around 8:00pm of full body (except shoulders).

Lifts were maintained but I was physically drained..

*IMPORTANT NOTE*:

Here's the story -- so I keep the majority of the protein I use in an older Real Gains bucket (holds ~5 lbs) in a box thing in my home gym/tv room downstairs. Well, tuesday night I'm re-arranging some sh!t around after class ended last week and I asked my brother to help take the crap in the front half of the room out to the garage so I can bring some other stuff in.. Naturally, he grabs the lightest thing he sees (my supp box) and carries it out, but DROPS IT HALFWAY THERE, and for whatever outrageous reason, the mother fvckin bucket somehow landed perfectly and popped open and spilt all over my dirty, dirty garage floor.. SOO the only useable protein I had left was the small 1lb thing I keep in my car.. long story short, I have to order more to keep this up..

BUT, it may have been a good thing, cause after doing some reading and conversing a bit to a local gym owner in my area (not a professional but an amateur BBr), we concluded that my metabolism (among other things) could really benefit from some refeeds as opposed to just days on end with only ~1400-1600 calories along with workouts.

The combination of the two made me decide to do a heavy refeed on April 30th (which, I won't lie, was soooo ready to do) a reduced transition day on May 1st, and then back to low-carb quasi-V-Diet starting May 2nd. After gathering several other opinions, I think this is the best way to go at this point..

VERY sorry to those who were planning on seeing me run the V-Diet straight (although I had only planned for about 2 weeks).. But I will do my best to keep you updated on every change I make..

and I don't think many of you are willing to go that long without refeeds anyways! :D

I WILL continue all my supp usage just like I planned and note any changes I make..

*General Note*:

Feeling more tired than usual and workouts are getting quite strenuous.. My glycogen is probably at baseline haha and I need some carbs god dammit.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Day 6: April 30th

Morning Weight: 182
Night Weight: 185
Total Weight Loss: ~7 lbs

NUTRITION

CARBS!

Today was pretty much all about starches..

6-7 meals which were primarily pastas and various kinds of breads with an ample amount of fruits and veggies.

~1.5 gallons of water and 1 diet soda.

Tried to keep the bad kind of fat out my life for the most part and just focused on getting some energy stores back.

Reduced flax seeds from 3 servings to 2 servings.

No supp changes EXCEPT only went half dose on Leviathan.

Roughly 25-30g fat, 200g protein, and ~600 carbs.

TRAINING

My dog ran off in the woods into the creek so I had to do about 20 minutes of jogging around trying to find and corral his punk ass.

REST.

*General Note*: Trying to let my body recover from the bullsh!t I put it through the past week.

*General Note*: The gain in weight is almost certainly glycogen and water retention and should be at a similar level tomorrow morning! Lots of water, lots of carbs, lots of nutrients, and lots of r&r.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
As of May 1st I am getting ridiculously sick (sinus/head/throat) and am gonna ease up on the training and strict diet here for a bit..

But I will be back once I feel like what I'm doing is actually worth logging!

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear that RD, hang in there and get better soon so you can get back in the gym to kick some more ass!

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Haha, of course I mean Lyle McDonald ! I don't know what world I was in when I said Michael .. I've been preaching the U.D 2.0 in every log I've ran on this board, as the results were great every time I ran it !
Hey, I'm Sporto. UD2 is awesome and always yields awesome results. If you are familiar with Lyle, he just recently came out with a new book (that's me on the cover lol) about his new stubborn fat protocol. A couple of the methods he descirbes would work wonders with the cardio days of UD2.

Sporto

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great log.

How did things end up for you buddy?

Bumbaclaat

Awards
I'm thinking about trying this...how did it end up?