ATJ Protein Recovery Balls, wow.

  1. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    ATJ Protein Recovery Balls, wow.


    I included in my most recent NP order the 1 serving sample of ATJ Protein Recovery Balls. I figured, free sample, gotta try it.

    Wow. These things are bangin'! Natty PB, Whey, Honey and Granola. They are delicious. I had two with some turkey burgers this afternoon. They are soft at room temperature but not super melty. They are however, greasy.

    The remaining three I tossed in the fridge at work and had later in the evening. Even after getting good and cold they were still greasy. They were also still moderately soft, but they tasted great colder.

    5 balls - 15/20/13 -250cal 3g fiber

    They claim that 5 balls are similar to 1 protein bar. That said, you get 20 'bars' for 35 bucks or 1.75 per bar.

    Working at a supplement store, I can tell you that's on the lower end of bar prices.

    I honestly can't believe I'm writing a review on these things. I was just amazed at how good they were. You stay classy AM.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  2. Senior Member
    boxmeman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,976
    Rep Power
    1577
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    91.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    I included in my most recent NP order the 1 serving sample of ATJ Protein Recovery Balls. I figured, free sample, gotta try it.

    Wow. These things are bangin'! Natty PB, Whey, Honey and Granola. They are delicious. I had two with some turkey burgers this afternoon. They are soft at room temperature but not super melty. They are however, greasy.

    The remaining three I tossed in the fridge at work and had later in the evening. Even after getting good and cold they were still greasy. They were also still moderately soft, but they tasted great colder.

    5 balls - 15/20/13 -250cal 3g fiber

    They claim that 5 balls are similar to 1 protein bar. That said, you get 20 'bars' for 35 bucks or 1.75 per bar.

    Working at a supplement store, I can tell you that's on the lower end of bar prices.

    I honestly can't believe I'm writing a review on these things. I was just amazed at how good they were. You stay classy AM.
    Ok Mr Ron Burgundy!! loll those protein balls looked rather tasty but since I havent been ordering from NP (usually order every 1-2 weeks tops) I havent had a chance to get the sample.... thanks for the review Mr. Burgundy!
  3. Senior Member
    Ev52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    33137
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    63.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    They are unbelievably good. They remind me of those peanut butter ball cookies around christmas time.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    i liked them too. didnt think they would be THAT good.

    I was thinking if i could make my own for cheaper..
  5. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    I was thinking if i could make my own for cheaper..
    Well yeah, me too, but that doesn't take away from ATJ
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  6. Senior Member
    Ev52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    33137
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    63.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think some peanut butter, supercarb, oats and a little whey and you probably could make your own tasty version.
  7. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    first thing i thought of when i bit it was reese's pieces.
  8. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    first thing i thought of when i bit it was reese's pieces.
    Which if you ask ANYONE, are pronounced Reecees Peecees.
    A strange oddity in our vocabulary to be sure.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  9. Senior Member
    Ev52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    33137
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    63.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Which if you ask ANYONE, are pronounced Reecees Peecees.
    A strange oddity in our vocabulary to be sure.

  10. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i liked them too. didnt think they would be THAT good.

    I was thinking if i could make my own for cheaper..
    6 scoops of Whey
    6 tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter
    1/2-1 cup oats (depending on preference for consistency)
    1 tbsp Splenda
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1 tsp-tbsp Cocoa (depending on preference)
    1/2 cup water.

    Dump whey, oats, Peanut Butter, Cocoa, and Splenda into a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly fold Peanut Butter into oats and whey; when ready, the mixture should be dry, crumbly, and form into little balls. Mix in Vanilla (for sweetness) and water into bowl, mix. Thoroughly mix the batter until it appears shiny and wet. Roll into balls onto a greased cooking sheet, and freeze or refrigerate for three hours. Voila, chocolate protein bars for approximately $3 instead of whatever ****ing ridiculous price this company is charging! (better for you as well).



    Now don't say I'm never nice to you PP......you ****ing Auhola mokai enneaia Hilo boy.
  11. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Now don't say I'm never nice to you PP......you ****ing Auhola mokai enneaia Hilo boy.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  12. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    much props mighty mullet!
  13. Senior Member
    Gtarzan81's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    782
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    97.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Now don't say I'm never nice to you PP......you ****ing Auhola mokai enneaia Hilo boy.
    Translation:
    Your a big hunk of sexy boy, get over here!

    Mullet,
    I never knew how you felt about PP! Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  14. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27066
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtarzan81 View Post
    Translation:
    Your a big hunk of sexy boy, get over here!

    Mullet,
    I never knew how you felt about PP! Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Did I just tell PP I love him in his native tongue?
  15. Senior Member
    Gtarzan81's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,363
    Rep Power
    782
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    97.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Reps for your honesty...thanks for showing us your tender side.
    I mean really....who speaks Hawiian?
  16. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    me.

    Mele Kalikimaka
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ATJ Protein Recovery Balls Review
    By T-Bone in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
  2. Protein Balls - **** Better Protein Bars reviewed
    By steam in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 05:38 AM
  3. Frozen Protein Balls?
    By zachwienandt in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 01:19 PM
  4. protein recovery balls recipe
    By witt51 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 03:10 PM
  5. ATJ Protein Recovery Balls Review
    By Nabisco in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in