IGF-2 by Edvanp

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to Lanbane for sending a 240 count bottle of IGF-2 my way. I've heard good things about Applied Nutriceuticals and the IGF-2 seems to be one of their best.

A little about me:

43 years old, 5'11, 236lbs, bf=approx (15%). A good deal of weight training in my past.

Dosage will be 12 caps per day (3 x 4 caps) which equals = 20 days. Other supps: Fish Oil, multi-vitamin.

Diet: Fairly clean with a trend to cut if possible.

Expectations: None really, keeping an open mind to see how it works.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Days 1-5

Not usually a lot to post about the first week of taking most supplements, so I'm not going to bore anyone with posting each day.

After a week off from lifting, my first in 7 months, I'm back at it. I've switched my routine to total body, high rep workouts for the first week, then I'll get back to my normal lifting. I'm not doing many sets since I'm lifting every other day, followed up with 10 minutes of HIIT on a stationary bike.

After 5 days of taking IGF-2, 4 upon waking, 4 mid day (or prior to working out) and 4 before I go to bed, I've noticed that my sleep has been very deep and very good. Morning wood too, so something is working! Nothing negative to report. My workouts have been solid even though I'd consider them to be more on the cardio side. No change in weight

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Days 6 & 7

Day 6 was spent home trying to recover from a 24 hour bug. I made it all through winter without getting sick but I get ill when the weather warms, go figure! 24 hours later, all is well. Nothing taken, food wise or supplement wise, on day 6, other then some chicken noodle soup.

Day 7. Back on the IGF-2, but no workout. Still feeling a bit weak, but tomorrow will be a workout day.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I follow you over here too!

I shall follow your log here too as well. I'm smssambear19 on BB.com. This way if you have any questions and I can be of any assistance you can contact me from either board. Continue bud and good luck achieving some great results. IGF-2 is truly my fav supplement, not just from AN, but overall.

Cheers! :cheers:

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I shall follow your log here too as well. I'm smssambear19 on BB.com. This way if you have any questions and I can be of any assistance you can contact me from either board. Continue bud and good luck achieving some great results. IGF-2 is truly my fav supplement, not just from AN, but overall.

Cheers! :cheers:
Great, thanks for the note!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm interested in this! Keep it up, bud! :thumbsup:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be running IGF2 with Drive, Recreate and Napalm in 4 weeks. I have similar stats at 49 245 about 15 percent body fat maybe less. I will be looking forward to seeing how your run goes. Mine will last 8 weeks.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Feeling better and had a good workout. Not 100%, but it felt good to be back in the gym! Off day today, back in the gym tomorrow. Lots of frequent workouts, high reps but only a few sets. Example: Chest yesterday was bench: 135 x 20; 185 x 20, then moved on to incline DBs, 90lbers x 14 reps. Very little rest inbetween sets. Total body. HIIT at the end. I'm trying to "shock" my body for 3 weeks.

As for the IGF-2, awesome sleep and vivid dreams! More to come..

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
subb'd, want to know more about this stuff before shelling out 50 bucks a bottle

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Good Monday Morning!

Things are going good. Another good, solid workout. Things I've noticed with IGF-2 are: I seem to be in a pretty Good mood lately, I also seem more relaxed. Also, my sleep has been great with some vivid dreams, reminds me of ZMA which works well for me. My workouts have been solid and the IGF-2 seems to help me with the HIIT at the end of the workouts!

Blood pressure and weight have stayed the same, no change.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
2 week update

Feeling good, sleeping good and having some good workouts!

I mentioned I'm lifting light, high reps, fairly frequent, but not a lot of sets. I spent the last 5 months lifting heavy and I felt my body needed a break. My left shoulder has been sore and I've been in a bit of a rut, thus the change in workouts. I think this has been a good change and I may continue it beyond my original plan (3-4 weeks).

Nothing negative to report with IGF-2. The sleep has been great and my endurace has been improving. A week ago I did 185x20 on the bench, this past workout I did 205x20. HIIT has been getting better too.

No change in weight. 5 days left at 12 caps per day.
Ed

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take care of that shoulder, mine blew up a couple weeks ago so I'm on light weight for quite a while now.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Great Feedback!

Feeling good, sleeping good and having some good workouts!

I mentioned I'm lifting light, high reps, fairly frequent, but not a lot of sets. I spent the last 5 months lifting heavy and I felt my body needed a break. My left shoulder has been sore and I've been in a bit of a rut, thus the change in workouts. I think this has been a good change and I may continue it beyond my original plan (3-4 weeks).

Nothing negative to report with IGF-2. The sleep has been great and my endurace has been improving. A week ago I did 185x20 on the bench, this past workout I did 205x20. HIIT has been getting better too.

No change in weight. 5 days left at 12 caps per day.
Ed
185 to 205 for 20...thats a nice jump in strength...keep it going bud! Glad to hear your enjoying it :thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take care of that shoulder, mine blew up a couple weeks ago so I'm on light weight for quite a while now.
Are you taking anything to help sort out your shoulder issues? Something like a cissus product?

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
The shoulder starts to act up when I bench press heavy. I've had my right shoulder (r.cuff) fixed a few years ago and I think the left one is heading down that same road if I'm not careful. About a month ago I did 315x5 reps and I was sore for about a week, so thats when I decided to rest it somewhat. As long as I don't go over 225lbs, I seem to be ok. I've adjusted my grip too, going fairly narrow now. I'm a big fan of Cissus and it's helped a ton, but the shoulder is what it is, so I need to becareful and not overwork it. Also, adding extra fish oil to my diet has been beneficial too.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
A suggestion!

The shoulder starts to act up when I bench press heavy. I've had my right shoulder (r.cuff) fixed a few years ago and I think the left one is heading down that same road if I'm not careful. About a month ago I did 315x5 reps and I was sore for about a week, so thats when I decided to rest it somewhat. As long as I don't go over 225lbs, I seem to be ok. I've adjusted my grip too, going fairly narrow now. I'm a big fan of Cissus and it's helped a ton, but the shoulder is what it is, so I need to becareful and not overwork it. Also, adding extra fish oil to my diet has been beneficial too.
Well actually I have 2 suggestions...first, if you are lifting heavy like that...definitely look into getting a cissus supplement. It truly makes a huge difference. I'll be honest...even at my age of 24...if I did not have the cissus as a staple I would not be able to lift as hard and heavy as I do...in particular, I have issues that still bother me from a devastating left knee injury I incurred during my high school football playing days (the injury ended my high school athletic career)...instead of explaining it in depth I'll just say it wasn't pretty...I was on crutches for 6 months. Anyway, up until about a year and a half ago I was not able to do real heavy squats or deadlifts. Well I got tired of feeling weak so I looked for something that might help me out. I came across cissus and well needless to say it worked.

Osteobolin-C is what got me hooked. I ran a log for AN way back when they first hit the market and ran IGF-2, the Original NeoVar, and Osteobolin-C. AN took care of me and boy was I happy because the knee pains I use to have subsided quite a bit using that stack, but Osteobolin-C was the main culprit for helping my knee pain. Furthermore, after having such great results from Osteo-C I even put my mother on it...she's noticed a considerable difference as well...its kept here from having to face total reconstructive knee surgery. Beyond that, obviously I would suggest you give Osteobolin-C a shot, but some others I have tried that worked pretty well to are Nutraplanet bulk Cissus (a good price for how much you get), Primaforce's Cissus, and USPLABS Super Cissus RX. Definitely take a look into a cissus product as I think it would be very beneficial for you bud.

Now as for my other suggestion...this is something I recommend to a lot of guys because it is something I noticed that gets overlooked quite a bit. Try adding in some light isolated rotator cuff exercises into your workout regimen if you don't already (I'm guessing you might already, since you had problems with one of your rotator cuffs already)...it will help strengthen your rotator cuffs and loosen them up so you can do heavier bench presses more freely and not have to deal with ridiculous pain afterwards. When I started to add in rotator cuff work specifically, it was what really helped me finally press up 400lbs on the bench, well along with also taking DRIVE/IGF-2/RPM....lol. :D

Anyway, just sharing some thoughts to see if I can help ya out anyway possible bud. Take care.

Cheers!:cheers:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you taking anything to help sort out your shoulder issues? Something like a cissus product?
Yes I just finished off my old Cissus at 6 a day and ordered 2super cissus which I can use at 2 a day from what I read.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
I have about 2 lbs of bulk Cissus. Last May, I had hip resurfacing done to my right hip. It's sorta like a hip replacement, only better. I took Cissus prior to the surgery and right after I had surgery ....my Dr. didn't know....and my recovery was incredibly fast. Now I did get myself in the best shape I could possibly be in prior to surgery, but the cissus helped a lot! Cissus is a staple for me.

My goal is 400lbs on the bench, something I hope to achieve, but I have to take care of my shoulders!

Thanks for the note guys!
Ed

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, cissus is a very useful compound. Also one of my staples.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
400 lbs I got there once a few years back when using 1-Test. I haven't been able to get back there and probably never will. I am ok with that though, I still have great workouts and the ladies are diggin the way I look...

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Getting close to finishing this up. At 12 caps per day, spread out with 3 dosings (4 caps per), it's really has worked well and I wish I had bought a bottle myself to continue this another 3 weeks!

2 more good workouts. Another full body workout, high rep followed up with HIIT on the stationary bike. Then yesterday I took a bike ride, the first in 18 months. I used to bike fairly frequently, but with the hip surgery and recovery last summer, I didn't do it at all. My legs were very tight the first few miles, likely from the previous days high rep squats and then the HIIT, but they felt better the longer the ride went.

I plan to workout today but may skip the legs or atleast the HIIT, depending on how they feel. Off on a business trip to San Fran tomorrow. My last full dosage will be in three days. I'm hoping to find a gym while I'm there to get in atleast one workout. Final review coming up.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome so far! IGF-2 is truly exceptional. Although meant as an objective comment, it is hard to come across objective with a statement like that as an AN rep, but users without any affiliation to AN have consistently reported excellent results, too. Keep up the good job, Sir! :thumbsup:

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

Hello Everyone-

I Just finished this up. I have to say that I was very pleased with how I felt while taking 12 caps per day. Though I did have a bit of a bump in the road when I got sick, I recovered nicely. My mood was always good, my workouts were good and there was certainly a step up in libido. Best of all might have been the sleep. There was nothing negative I really could report. In the past, when Ive taken supps that help with "T", my back will breakout (backne), but I never really had this. If I do this again in the future, which I'm sure I will, I will probably try it at 9 caps per day instead of 12.

Thanks to Lanbane/Vitruvian for the opportunity to test this, you have a very solid product! :cheers:
-Ed

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello Everyone-

I Just finished this up. I have to say that I was very pleased with how I felt while taking 12 caps per day. Though I did have a bit of a bump in the road when I got sick, I recovered nicely. My mood was always good, my workouts were good and there was certainly a step up in libido. Best of all might have been the sleep. There was nothing negative I really could report. In the past, when Ive taken supps that help with "T", my back will breakout (backne), but I never really had this. If I do this again in the future, which I'm sure I will, I will probably try it at 9 caps per day instead of 12.

Thanks to Lanbane/Vitruvian for the opportunity to test this, you have a very solid product! :cheers:
-Ed
Awesome feedback! Thank you, Sir! :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I look forward to my turn in 2 weeks.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Great Review!

Hello Everyone-

-Ed
Glad to hear you had nice results and enjoyed the product. Thanks for taking the time out to log this and posting your review. Hey next time when you take IGF-2...take it with some bioperine and you can definitely get away with 9 caps a day...:thumbsup:.

Cheers!:cheers:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We look forward to it, too! Would be great to follow your progress, if you end up logging it. :)
You know I will ... lol I log just as much for my own benefit as well as for others. Helps me stay focussed.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know I will ... lol I log just as much for my own benefit as well as for others. Helps me stay focussed.
So true (she nods in agreement). Depending on your goal, hun, you might want to stack the IGF-2 with NeoVar (if you haven't already planned on it); it does well for both bulking AND cutting! (So far I have noticed that on just that stack, I was starting to lean out whilst keeping my hard-gained muscle).

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is something I plan to try in the future but I find I am taking enough supps right now. I really have not stepped into the nutrient partitioning way of doing things yet. I hear good things though. The supps I already use do such a good job I really haven't had to expand yet. Neovar is something I was thinking of when I do, and I will need to.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and I am waiting for the newer version of Neovar before I shell out. :hammer:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is something I plan to try in the future but I find I am taking enough supps right now. I really have not stepped into the nutrient partitioning way of doing things yet. I hear good things though. The supps I already use do such a good job I really haven't had to expand yet. Neovar is something I was thinking of when I do, and I will need to.
Oh and I am waiting for the newer version of Neovar before I shell out. :hammer:
All good. When you're ready. The new version should definitely be something to look forward to!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 16
IGF-1/GH 2
Anabolics 1
Supplements 3
Supplements 0