POSEIDON initial impressions, and why I plan on using it as long as I am an athlete

lector606

lector606

Awards
Hey guys

I am not a big supplement user nor have I had the best experiences with most supplements in the past. I work at a supplement store so I get a ton of samples and in my experience most of the products I've used have been garbage. That being said, here is my experience with Nimbus Nutrition's Poseidon:

Starting using this product on Sunday. The reason that I ordered Poseidon is because I have been having major problems with hydration lately (I am training at a high level in sport and I have roughly 4 hours of exercise daily). Despite my best efforts to hydrate properly I was finding myself starting to feel light headed, weak, and dizzy, especially after workouts, and my blood pressure would drop to dangerously low levels (like 90/45) if I didn't have some kind of stimulant post workout. Additionally, my vision had been blurry more or less all day for about two weeks. Here's what I've noticed from Poseidon:

- Within 2 doses my vision improved CONSIDERABLY. I had been having blurry vision roughly 80% of the time and since my second dose I have hardly noticed it at all.
- No more light headedness/weakness post workout at all.
- Hard to say for sure but yesterday it seemed like my work capacity was a lot better (in terms of being able to handle more volume)
- No niacin flushes to speak of
- Took a couple big dumps after the first dose (lol) but haven't noticed anything different since then
- No skin changes yet to speak of
- Tasteless, mixes instantly

I will keep updating as I see more results. I know people will say 2 days isn't enough to notice a difference, but I've had 5 training sessions since I started using it and believe me, I know my body, so I know this is an AWESOME product. I have tried every hydration product under the sun and this is the only one that I liked more than pedialyte.

Even though I'm a broke ass university student, if Poseidon keeps working this well, it'll be beside fish oil and my multi as the only supplements I use year round.

Thumbs way up Nimbus! Damn lol

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
IMO your dizzy, lightheaded and blurred vision symptoms were probably caused by lack of carbs/calories. Unless obviously, you're eating a lot. I think you would experience excrutiating head aches, body aches and crazy dry mouth before you got blurred vision.

Besides that, how are you struggling to stay hydrated? I mean, why don't you just drink a **** load of water? 4 days a week I have 4+ hours of intense physical activity and I don't have a hydration problem.

Sorry for the hijack.

krazy

Awards
Something is wrong with your homocystine levels I believe. I hypothesize this after a (VERY) cursory (and uneducated) review of the ingredients in Poseidon and reading your previous posts. Im suspecting the TMG (Trimethylglycine) in it had something to do with it.

TMG improves visual clarity for one.
Trimethylglycine : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., trimethylglycine benefits and trimethylglycine research

Just a guess but dude, you owe it to yourself to investigating the ingredients in Poseidon and seeing what you are deficient in that is causing dangerous blood pressure levels and vision problems. Serious stuff dude. Dont rely on some supplement to fix it.

Also, after working out for 4 hours a day (jesus man), Im wondering if you have anorexia athletica. Basically, Im pretty sure your not taking in enough calories everyday if youre spending that much time in the gym. I do 1 hour/3 days a week and have a hard time cooking up 3000 cal/day in my offtime, in between classes. Much less 4hr/day and in between jobs and whatever else you're doing. Your burning alot of calories man.

Maybe this is some unsolicited advice but I hope it helps either way. Congrats on the good luck with Poseidon. I hope it keeps up.

lector606

lector606

Awards
IMO your dizzy, lightheaded and blurred vision symptoms were probably caused by lack of carbs/calories. Unless obviously, you're eating a lot. I think you would experience excrutiating head aches, body aches and crazy dry mouth before you got blurred vision.

Besides that, how are you struggling to stay hydrated? I mean, why don't you just drink a **** load of water? 4 days a week I have 4+ hours of intense physical activity and I don't have a hydration problem.

Sorry for the hijack.
What is the nature of your activity? Because drinking more water just made me feel worse generally, since I was sweating out all my electrolytes (or at least I think so). I was already drinking about 2 gallons of water a day.

I used to train five days a week and I never noticed a problem. Believe me, the difference between seven and five is HUGE.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
What is the nature of your activity? Because drinking more water just made me feel worse generally, since I was sweating out all my electrolytes (or at least I think so). I was already drinking about 2 gallons of water a day.

I used to train five days a week and I never noticed a problem. Believe me, the difference between seven and five is HUGE.
Rugby. So soccer and football combined. Plus gym and cardio time. At least 2-3 hrs of something a day, usually 4+

lector606

lector606

Awards
Something is wrong with your homocystine levels I believe. I hypothesize this after a (VERY) cursory (and uneducated) review of the ingredients in Poseidon and reading your previous posts. Im suspecting the TMG (Trimethylglycine) in it had something to do with it.

TMG improves visual clarity for one.
Trimethylglycine : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., trimethylglycine benefits and trimethylglycine research

Just a guess but dude, you owe it to yourself to investigating the ingredients in Poseidon and seeing what you are deficient in that is causing dangerous blood pressure levels and vision problems. Serious stuff dude. Dont rely on some supplement to fix it.

Also, after working out for 4 hours a day (jesus man), Im wondering if you have anorexia athletica. Basically, Im pretty sure your not taking in enough calories everyday if youre spending that much time in the gym. I do 1 hour/3 days a week and have a hard time cooking up 3000 cal/day in my offtime, in between classes. Much less 4hr/day and in between jobs and whatever else you're doing. Your burning alot of calories man.

Maybe this is some unsolicited advice but I hope it helps either way. Congrats on the good luck with Poseidon. I hope it keeps up.
Sounds like good advice. I am not weightlifting more than maybe four hours a week, the rest of the activity is cardiovascular. I am not sure that I am underfed (I eat 7 ~500 calorie meals during the day and when I finish training at night I come home and binge for at least another 1000) but I will ask my doctor about checking my homocysteine levels.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like good advice. I am not weightlifting more than maybe four hours a week, the rest of the activity is cardiovascular. I am not sure that I am underfed (I eat 7 ~500 calorie meals during the day and when I finish training at night I come home and binge for at least another 1000) but I will ask my doctor about checking my homocysteine levels.
With your age, activity and metabolism I don't think recommended 4500-5000 calories is out of the question. Don't sacrifice your health just to save your 6 pack.

lector606

lector606

Awards
With your age, activity and metabolism I don't think recommended 4500-5000 calories is out of the question. Don't sacrifice your health just to save your 6 pack.
That's good advice man.. definitely need to hear that sometimes..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad the Poseidon worked great for you :D

I do believe if you were having these extreme issues you still may want to get checked out to see what is up(using a supplement to cover up a problem is not good in the long run..)

also though being extremely active you probably did need the added electrolytes as just drinking water will not help to replace them in your system and drinking too much water can actually have problems with electrolyte imbalances

look forward to how things continue

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great review lector, glad to see your getting some benefits out of Poseidon. Train safely, as always, my friend.;)

lector606

lector606

Awards
Figure I should give a quick update... exams right now though so it's hard to justify spending a lot of time on the forums . Still loving the product - here are some quick notes

- I am definitely a lot more well hydrated during workouts and my endurance has improved noticeably because of it.
-Like I mentioned before I used to get some blurry vision on days that I had multiple workouts and that has gone away completely.
- Can't really comment objectively on skin tone improvement because the weather here has taken a huge turn for the better and I am outside so much that my tan pretty much covers any acne that was visible before.
- I am shaking the container before I use the product but I still notice what seems like it might be a lack of consistency in the dosing of the powder due to settling. For example, sometimes I will get a bit of a niacin flush, sometimes I won't, once in a while I will have to take a dump BADLY like 20 minutes after taking the product lol, most times I I won't.... could be dietary but it's pretty noticeable.
- I am less gassy despite a really high protein intake... so digestion is better for sure haha. my girlfriend owes you one nimbus
- Can't say I've noticed much of a change in body comp but it's early to say

In a little bit of a hurry atm so there are probably things I'm leaving out. If anyone has specific questions I will get back to you ASAP

I am taking 2-3 servings a day - I would love to take more but I just can't afford it :S

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Niiiice Lector!! Thanks for the updates.

lector606

lector606

Awards
Hey just a quick update... I switched over to SWELL and I don't think I'll be going back :). I love the BA and the fact that it has leucine.

I'm just about finished my first container of SWELL and I've got a second on the way. Now that I've been using the poseidon based products for a while I can say that I've definitely noticed a reduction in lactic acid buildup, as well as improved skin. I don't have problems with dizziness anymore (I'm doing a way better job of keeping my electrolytes in check, and these products are really helping).

I would strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for an increase in muscular endurance and improved hydration.

Oh yeah, taste is pretty good actually. For some reason I've taken to just putting the powder in my mouth instead of mixing it... in a weird sort of way I really enjoy it lol.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey just a quick update... I switched over to SWELL and I don't think I'll be going back :). I love the BA and the fact that it has leucine.

I'm just about finished my first container of SWELL and I've got a second on the way. Now that I've been using the poseidon based products for a while I can say that I've definitely noticed a reduction in lactic acid buildup, as well as improved skin. I don't have problems with dizziness anymore (I'm doing a way better job of keeping my electrolytes in check, and these products are really helping).

I would strongly recommend this product to anyone looking for an increase in muscular endurance and improved hydration.

Oh yeah, taste is pretty good actually. For some reason I've taken to just putting the powder in my mouth instead of mixing it... in a weird sort of way I really enjoy it lol.
yea man swell is some great stuff! What kind of dosing are you using with it?

lector606

lector606

Awards
yea man swell is some great stuff! What kind of dosing are you using with it?
One serving when I wake up before my AM workout, one serving in the evening before my PM workout, and usually one serving after PM workout/close to bedtime. Sometimes I only take two though. I kinda wonder if I'm getting enough beta alanine.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One serving when I wake up before my AM workout, one serving in the evening before my PM workout, and usually one serving after PM workout/close to bedtime. Sometimes I only take two though. I kinda wonder if I'm getting enough beta alanine.
Two servings is enough BA. I have been taking 3 scoops pre lifting and 3 scoops pre cardio for awhile and like that dosing.