Volcom's Fat Loss while Gaining Strength with RECREATE, DCP, AP/Pslin Log

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I began a fat loss while gaining strength log about 45 days ago. My beginning weight was 230lbs and I slowly dropped down to 219lbs. My fat loss progression was very slow, because it took me a long time to build up my cardio fitness to an effective level and to establish a solid diet mentality discipline, which I have achieved both. My fat loss was slow in progress, however, I did manage to increase my strength quit drastically throughout the entire process.

For example, this is my flat bench comparison from when I weighed 230lbs to when I weighed 219lbs

Weighing@230lbs
Flat Bench
275lbs x 8 reps
295lbs x 6 reps
295lbs x 5 reps

Weighing@219lbs
Flat Bench
275lbs x 10 reps
295lbs x 8 reps
315lbs x 5 reps

I am stronger at 219lbs then I was at 230lbs all across the board, not just flat bench, but my ultimate objective is to drop down to 200-205lbs, while minimally, maintaining my current strength, but with goals and expectations to continually progress upward in strength as I have been.

From this point on, I will be continuing the same premise and goals of my previous log, to lose fat mass while gaining strength, but with a new supplement base. The long awaited, RECREATE. I will be stacking this product, but my stack will be very simple and undiluted, so there won't be any mystery as to where to trace the results to.

- Recreate
- DCP
- AP/Pslin

I currently do double sessions of cardio, AM Cardio for 45-60min and PM- Pre workout Cardio for 45-60 min, along with lifting immediately afterwards. On occasion I throw in some HIIT in the mix and my diet is very strict at this point.

I appreciate the encouragement from everyone in my previous log, especially the Texan Viking who keeps upping the cardio standard.View attachment 20875

Attachments

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm down, bro .. now which standard should we keep upping this time around ? .. new products, new thread, new drive .. anything's possible ! ;)

Good luck !!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yea im liking the Pslin/ AP combo myself!! Best of Luck!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. I start my first dose tomorrow. I hope I don't lose sleep, I'm like a high schooler coming back from Winter Break with a new outfit to show off on the first day back when it comes to trying new supplements.

I have an early morning study group, then class, then work, so I'm going to have to get up EXTRA early and cardio with the seniors in the morning. I really want to kick off Recreate with my signature 60 min cardio, continue with my day onto my PM cardio and lift. I'm psyched, ready and able.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I start my first dose tomorrow. I hope I don't lose sleep, I'm like a high schooler coming back from Winter Break with a new outfit to show off on the first day back when it comes to trying new supplements.

I have an early morning study group, then class, then work, so I'm going to have to get up EXTRA early and cardio with the seniors in the morning. I really want to kick off Recreate with my signature 60 min cardio, continue with my day onto my PM cardio and lift. I'm psyched, ready and able.
Hahaha, damn straight ! Every morning at 7AM, you've got little but the granny's working out. Let me tell ya, you'll pick up some new techniques watching them do cable work every so often. I've seen the most peculiar of cable/machine movements ! LOL

(not mocking the elders, I highly support them keeping active, but still;))

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha, damn straight ! Every morning at 7AM, you've got little but the granny's working out. Let me tell ya, you'll pick up some new techniques watching them do cable work every so often. I've seen the most peculiar of cable/machine movements ! LOL

(not mocking the elders, I highly support them keeping active, but still;))

I love the 100 rep, literally 0 ROM workouts I see. I call them twitch reps. But more power to them for staying active.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck i will be following

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

AM Cardio
60 min on stair-climber, fat burn on intensity 7 for 30 min, 6 for 30 min. 808 kcals burned.

Recreate First Impressions:

Stim Effect (from a Stim Junkies' POV):
Recreate's stim effect is very, very low. There's no energy spike sensation. It doesn't make you feel jittery & restless and unable to focus on simple tasks (like hold a cup without shaking) and It doesn't feel like your eyes are being pushed out of your sockets.

I think 99% of the population would prefer the stim experience I just described, I however, prefer the cracked out jitters of an intense stim. Recreate has a very low, steady & sustained energy feel. The best way I can describe it is that the stim is just enough to prevent you from taking a nap, but nowhere near strong enough to make you feel like you need to be active to temper the storm.

Workout Energy Effect: Recreate does not have a performance boosting effect (ON ME), such as surges of energy or a sense of increased endurance. Cardio was a struggle this morning because I've become used to high intensity stim's that float my endurance along, but Recreate has a very low stim effect like I mentioned previously.

Appetite: No joke, I think it induced appetite for me [edit: the 1st day. I suspect it was due to my severe lack of sleep the night before and forcing my body to still perform energy demanding tasks (cardio) and my body said F you and the Recreate, I need to eat]

Overall: Recreate was touted to be an amazing fat loss agent, not a performance agent, so today's experience has not rendered any opinion of Recreate's efficacy. Again, I think most of the population who try Recreate will appreciate and prefer the stim experience I described. It's very appropriate for daily living, but I'm just weird and prefer the 0-100mph Stims. However, I'd rather lose weight more effectively then get a more effective stim.

PM Cardio
25 min on Stair-Stepper, fat burn at intensity 6

HIIT on a soccer field
150 yard sprint with 10 sec rest between sprints x 2 intervals
100 yard sprint with 10 sec rest between sprints x 3 intervals
50 yard sprint with 10 sec rest between sprints x 4 intervals

and I'm dead. I wanted to hit at least 45 min on the stair-stepper, but I stopped at 25 min. I didn't stop because I was too gassed to carry on, but quite simply, my lactate boredom threshold was overwhelmed. The gym atmosphere was so dead and I've been on this same machine for hundreds of min in the past two weeks. I knew I wasn't going to lift today because I was far too fatigued. Last night I woke up at 2:15am and didn't go back to sleep until 5:00'ish am and was up for morning cardio by 5:50am (then went to school and work). I was so anxious about not getting a proper rest last night because I had a strong desire to fully utilize my first day of Recreate, and the anxiety from the fear of not getting a decent rest, prevented me from resting, go figure. However, I wasn't going to let myself off the hook with a 25 min cardio session (AND no lifting) even if it was my second session of the day. I thought I'd make up for it by doing a 3 mile run outside (Norwegian style), but the type I fibers in my calves and quads were fatigued and I didn't make it past a block. On the walk of shame back home, I saw an open soccer field and decided to see how my fast twitch fibers were, and they were alright, so I did some HIIT to make up for my lack of desired performance in the gym.

I'll lift twice tomorrow to make up for today's lack of required lifting intensity. Today was suppose to be back day and you can't skimp on Deads.

I'm looking forward to great results from Recreate :head: and thanks for the MACHINE T-Shirt USPLabs.

Last edited:
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All the best, Volcom. Subscribed.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom Recipe

Single Macaroni & Cheese Packets

1 packet contains 30g carbs

boil 1 packet in milk. Add enough milk that it submerses all the macaroni, cooking just the macaroni until the milk boils to a very low point. Stirr so the macaroni doesn't stick to the pot.

Scramble 10 eggs (max), 2 yolks

Cooking the macaroni with milk instead of water makes it thicker when you add the powdered cheese.

Dump scrambled eggs into pot with the cooked macaroni, add the packet of cheese, stirr with a "spoon."

Macaroni & Cheese Eggs. (tastes good with salt & pepper or garlic salt)
30g carbs
roughly 40g protein.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought I'd make up for it by doing a 3 mile run outside (Norwegian style), but the type I fibers in my calves and quads were fatigued and I didn't make it past a block. On the walk of shame back home, I saw an open soccer field and decided to see how my fast twitch fibers were, and they were alright, so I did some HIIT to make up for my lack of desired performance in the gym.
Bro, sorry to let ya know, i've got an OFF-day today, so you're gonna have to double up on your cardio to keep these boards in equilibrium today ;) (got my ex here, ya see ..)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, sorry to let ya know, i've got an OFF-day today, so you're gonna have to double up on your cardio to keep these boards in equilibrium today ;) (got my ex here, ya see ..)
I'll make up for it to keep the force in balance

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 42 AM Workout

I got mixed up, it's day 42 of my over-all log (I subconsciously continued my day count from my previous log, but it's only day 2 with Recreate

Preface: Today was my first time back in 3 or 4 weeks moving socially acceptable (lumbar straining) weight, due to a right lower back strain. Furthermore, I have a right calf strain, and my quads and hams feel blown from yesterdays HIIT :whiner:

BIG BACK (My first attempt at a legitimate back workout since I weighed 225lbs. My current weight is 219lbs.

DeadLifts
405lbs x 5 reps
425lbs x 4 reps
455lbs x 3 reps
475lbs x 1 rep

Lat Pull Downs, under-hand grip
205lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 6 reps
240lbs x 5 reps

Bent Over Rows, narrow'ish grip (right outside the smooth center of the bar). I would normally do these second, but I wanted to give my lower back a few min break since its my first day back at lumbar weight bearing exercises.
225lbs x 10 reps
275lbs x 8 reps
315lbs x 6 reps
365lbs x 5 reps

Hammer High Rows, One Handed
115lbs x 8 reps
135lbs x 6 reps
160lbs x 5 reps

Lat Pull Down Machine, standard Grip
260lbs x 8 reps
290lbs x 6 reps
305lbs x 6 reps

Recreate Impressions:
I really felt the Thermo effect today. It was hard to tell how the thermo effect was yesterday because I always get drenched when I cardio, but not so much when I lift. I do sweat when I lift, but not that profusely. However, today I was drenched throughout my entire workout and I even took extra long rests to cater to my questionable lumbar stability. Good stuff today.

PM Lift (to be done)

Post Workout Happenings
1 dose Anabolic Pump, 1 dose Pslin
60g Waxy Maize
75g Whey Protein
5g BCAA
5g Leucine

I took such a large post-workout shake because I have one more workout to do this afternoon, and stacking another workout ontop of a major back day will take a lot out of me.

Last edited:
TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I'll definitely be following this one. This is an impressive recomp you have going here. Very nice strength gains while also dropping the bodyfat. Keep it up man. Also how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll definitely be following this one. This is an impressive recomp you have going here. Very nice strength gains while also dropping the bodyfat. Keep it up man. Also how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks for logging in. I'm 5"11.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 42, PM - second workout

I got mixed up, it's day 42 of my over-all log (I subconsciously continued my day count from my previous log, but it's only day 2 with Recreate, PM second workout

I took my second dose of supplements 30 min prior to my second workout. 2 caps Recreate & 2 caps DCP.

SHOULDERS

Smith, Shoulder Press
185lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 7 reps
225lbs x 6 reps

Hammer, Shoulder Press
230lbs x 8 reps
250lbs x 6 reps
270lbs x 6 reps

Smith, Upright Rows, very wide grip
95lbs x 10 reps
115lbs x 8 reps
135lbs x 5 reps

Barbell Front Raises
65lbs x 8 reps
85lbs x 6 reps
105lbs x 6 reps

Machine Press, Neutral Grip
210lbs x 8 reps
220lbs x 6 reps
240lbs x 6 reps

Machine, Side Laterals
110lbs x 8 reps
150lbs x 6 reps
170lbs x 6 reps

The Thermo kicked in pretty impressively for the second consecutive time. I was sweating abnormally profuse for a lifting session, especially for a shoulders day.

Post Workout Happenings
1 Anabolic Pump
30g Waxy Maize
50g Whey Protein
5g BCAA
5g Leucine

Solid meal being cooked in the oven as we speak.
8g fat
5g carbs
16g protein

Recreate is suppose to be a new standard of fat burners, therefore, I decided to set a new personal standard of proactivity to fully exploit the effects of Recreate. I want to be 100% affirmed that a lack of results will not be due to a lack of effort and discipline on my part. With that said, I have very positive and high hopes from this very promising new supplement.

Last edited:
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ROM discussion

Range of Motion.

I see atrocities at my gym a lot with people with throw on tons of weight and perform 1/2 ROM lifts. In some cases where someone has a lack of ROM due to injury or lack of flexibility issues, I can understand, but what I witness a lot are really young guys who for the most part, just want to put up quantity lifts and not quality.

I saw a high school kid "press" 315lbs, but I call them wide grip tricep presses, where the elbow slightly bends and then is extended again, which was suppose to be a rep. Now I understand there are powerlifts who train at a certain ROM (with blocks) with knowledeable and legitimate reasons. I'm just talking about the 1" knee bends in a squat, top of the head shoulder presses and wide grip tricep presses being passed off as a bench press.

I like to assure all of you I perform full ROM on everything. The bar touches, but not bounces off my chest when I bench. On Db shoulder presses, the inside of the Db touches my shoulder before I extend and on barbell shoulder presses, I touch my clavicle (not literally touch the clavicle cause that could be dangerous, but upper, upper chest area). I realize not a lot of people have that ROM on shoulder presses and I'm definitely not saying anything less then that is insuffice. But if the bar is only going to the top of your head, that's a military, wide grip, over head tricep press. Again, my rant excludes those who are physically limited and is solely geared toward those people who choose to compromise proper & able ROM for big weight to "look" strong.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
In for this one too!

I followed your first one so I'll continue to follow you here too bud.

Cheers!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Range of Motion.

I see atrocities at my gym a lot with people with throw on tons of weight and perform 1/2 ROM lifts. In some cases where someone has a lack of ROM due to injury or lack of flexibility issues, I can understand, but what I witness a lot are really young guys who for the most part, just want to put up quantity lifts and not quality.

I saw a high school kid "press" 315lbs, but I call them wide grip tricep presses, where the elbow slightly bends and then is extended again, which was suppose to be a rep. Now I understand there are powerlifts who train at a certain ROM (with blocks) with knowledeable and legitimate reasons. I'm just talking about the 1" knee bends in a squat, top of the head shoulder presses and wide grip tricep presses being passed off as a bench press.

I like to assure all of you I perform full ROM on everything. The bar touches, but not bounces off my chest when I bench. On Db shoulder presses, the inside of the Db touches my shoulder before I extend and on barbell shoulder presses, I touch my clavicle (not literally touch the clavicle cause that could be dangerous, but upper, upper chest area). I realize not a lot of people have that ROM on shoulder presses and I'm definitely not saying anything less then that is insuffice. But if the bar is only going to the top of your head, that's a military, wide grip, over head tricep press. Again, my rant excludes those who are physically limited and is solely geared toward those people who choose to compromise proper & able ROM for big weight to "look" strong.
I will further elaborate on that rant later on .. agree with most everything you say (apart from the DB's touching the shoulders on shoulder presses .. that's a little too low for me ) .. but still, fcukin' $weet that you did two hardcore sessions in one day !

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will further elaborate on that rant later on .. agree with most everything you say (apart from the DB's touching the shoulders on shoulder presses .. that's a little too low for me ) .. but still, fcukin' $weet that you did two hardcore sessions in one day !
Thanks. I realize 90% of the people who lift aren't going to touch their shoulder with the Db, that is low, plus there are mediating variables determining if the Db will touch. If the Db isn't at least an 80lbs sized Db, it's not touching my shoulder.

What bothers me really are the 2" 315lbs lifts for "reps" then looking around the gym to see who's admiring their beastly wide grip tricep presses. Sometimes I get the tendency to want to walk by and say, "now that your tri's are warmed up lets hit that chest," or I want to yell across the room, "I'm still waiting for rep number one!" Of course I wouldn't really do that, but my inner voice is saying these things when I see it.

By the way, I had sushi tonight too.... but I had an Anabolic Pump before I did.

P.S. My lower back is toast. I probably shouldn't have done the bent over rows until next time, but I couldn't resist. I haven't had a legitimate back workout in weeks and today felt like the day. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'll be grateful for muscle soreness (it's a badge of honor for job well done), but not for muscle injury pain.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for me it is the 4" rom leg presses that drive me bonkers. I do calf raises with more range of motion than some people at the gym have for leg presses

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recreate Pro's & Con's.

Pro: Amazing Thermo Effect. None like it so far.
Con: If you're a singer of an emo band, your eye liner WILL run.

Con: Low Stim
1. no endurance prolonging energy.
2. no surge of energy that motivates you into the gym on those days when your heart is not in it for some reason.

Pro: (to low stim)
1. No Insomnia!
2. No jitters
3. No restlessness
4. No stim headaches
5. No being stuck in post workout stim purgatory; have you ever had an amazing, body limit pushing workout session, when your cardio intensity could have beat a Kenyan to his breakfast and your lifts would have made Dorian Yates not frown so much (thats all I ever see him do). You get home, your body's spent all it's had and you are in serious need of a nap. You try to nap because your body is physically dead, but the stim effect won't let you. So you lie in bed, maybe for hours, mentally awake, but unable to sleep or do anything. I call this, post workout stim purgatory.
6. No energy spikes, thus, no energy crashes either.
7. Supplemental to no insomnia; this allows you to take a dose rather late in the day for those of use who can't hit the gym (or hit the gym again) until the end of the work day.

Pro: Great Appetitie Suppressant.
Con: None for me personally. I have a natural appetite of a rhino, so this actually makes me eat like a normal person.

Pro: Supplemental to thermo effect. Although Recreate lacks an intense stim, it does make you sweat VERY easily. Once I start sweating at the gym, it becomes a pyschological stim for me.

5 more days until I weigh myself again to measure my progression.

P.S. My back is feeling great. It is VERY sore, but it seems to be a healthy microtrauma sore, not go see a chiropractor sore. I really took my time with the deads, I think those 4 sets, including 3 warm up sets took me around 40 min to perform and I wasn't walking with the weight so I could rack it and unload the wheels with more convenience, it was all off-the-floor NASCAR style. I use a little 2.5lbs weight and roll the wheels onto it, so I have a little lift, this makes loading and unloading much easier. Whenever I perform heavy deads and make a ruckus, I have a tendency to just look at the floor when I'm done. I feel like I don't want to be one of those guys who finishes a huge llift then looks around the gym to see who's been watching (even though, truthfully, I've been guilty of that on the down-low somtimes). Bottom line, my lower back seems to be okay. I probably won't hit "lower" back for another 6-7 days, but that time will decrease as I feel my lower back stabilizing.

Last edited:
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good detail, Volcom! Your making nice progress, too. Keep it up!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
great log Volcom. I read your one with the link in it before this one. Keep up on your goals. Much respect on your strength.

how many calories are you taking in per day?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 43

I got mixed up, it's day 43 of my over-all log (I subconsciously continued my day count from my previous log, but it's only day 3 with Recreate

Afternoon Cardio - At the zenith of the sun
5 mile mountain hike, 1hr 38min

Before you say to yourself, why did you take 1hr 38 to hike 5 miles? What'd you do, bearwalk the whole thing? No, fact of the matter is, this is a training trail. It's an irrationally steap hike that people come to train on for other moutainous excursions/greater hikes and is also a Fireman's Forrestry training trail.

Without exaggeration, 20 yards into the hike and the quads and calves start to flair. The upward hike is hell on earth on the cardio-respiratory and quads/calves. The hike down is very easy on the cardio-respiratory, however, you have to take short, chopping steps due to it's steapness so you don't fall, leaning way back. I actually feel greater wear & tear on the qauds and calves during the hike down. Ironically, the hike down actually takes longer then the hike up, because you can afford to move a little quicker on the upward hike due to a more efficient weight displacement.

Recreate Impression:
The thermo effect during this hike was out of this world! 5 min into the hike and I was "dripping". My sweat skipped all three phases of persperation and went straight to dripping.

Phase 1: The Glow, sweat builds up on the skin
Phase 2: The Streak. The integrity of the water puddles break and sweat starts to streak down the body.
Phase 3: The Drip. The streaking becomes so voluminous and too heavy to cling to the skin that is starts to drip off your body.

I went straight to dripping. Amazing thermo effect. Furthermore, I've done this hike many times and based on all my previous experience, all the sweating I do on the climb up starts to dry off on the hike down, however, I continued to drip on the hike down. Good stuff Recreate.

Last edited:
TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Haha I love the steps of perspiration. Sounds like a killer workout too. Keep it up man. You and Norweigan are all the motivation I need. Well actually I don't think I need any, but a little extra never hurts.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
great log Volcom. I read your one with the link in it before this one. Keep up on your goals. Much respect on your strength.

how many calories are you taking in per day?
I don't know the exact calorie count, but my diet is measured more so in macrounits.

- Fats are always intentionally minimal
- Carbs are no/low days vs high days, primarily complex.
- Proteins are always high and from various sources. Egg Whites, Fish, Chicken, Whey, Steak is a rarity due to cost.

I over did it with the no carbs one week and my body did not respond well. Instead of protein synthesis I swear my body went into adipose synthesis. Rather then my adipose being oxidized in the mitochondria, I think adipose was created and spit back out into my body. I'm partly kidding, but I was so insanely active that week (I mean irrationally active) and my diet was so ridiculously clean, yet I only lost 0.8lbs. I believe my body likes to have a little more carbs in its system to efficiently assist the fat burn.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I did the whole 50 gram carbs per day and found out I respond to higher carbs whereas some people get really big and fat , while cutting.Again, so obvious and so true, every body responds differently. You have to find what works for you.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Day 43, rest day, didn't happen.

Afternoon Cardio - At the zenith of the sun
5 mile mountain hike, 1hr 38min

Before you say to yourself, why did you take 1hr 38 to hike 5 miles? What'd you do, bearwalk the whole thing? No, fact of the matter is, this is a training trail. It's an irrationally steap hike that people come to train on for other moutainous excursions/greater hikes and is also a Fireman's Forrestry training trail.

Without exaggeration, 20 yards into the hike and the quads and calves start to flair. The upward hike is hell on earth on the cardio-respiratory and quads/calves. The hike down is very easy on the cardio-respiratory, however, you have to take short, chopping steps due to it's steapness so you don't fall, leaning way back. I actually feel greater wear & tear on the qauds and calves during the hike down. Ironically, the hike down actually takes longer then the hike up, because you can afford to move a little quicker on the upward hike due to a more efficient weight displacement.

Recreate Impression:
The thermo effect during this hike was out of this world! 5 min into the hike and I was "dripping". My sweat skipped all three phases of persperation and went straight to dripping.

Phase 1: The Glow, sweat builds up on the skin
Phase 2: The Streak. The integrity of the water puddles break and sweat starts to streak down the body.
Phase 3: The Drip. The streaking becomes so voluminous and too heavy to cling to the skin that is starts to drip off your body.

I went straight to dripping. Amazing thermo effect. Furthermore, I've done this hike many times and based on all my previous experience, all the sweating I do on the climb up starts to dry off on the hike down, however, I continued to drip on the hike down. Good stuff Recreate.
Volcom, your sense of detail and description is above and beyond anything I've seen on boards before. Reading your training log/journal is like reading the final edition of a throroughly researched motivational training narrative. You cover every base with a sense for details in which many others would view as irrelevant, when really, it makes for such an interesting and unbelievably motivational log. I know Bolt has my back - as he already mentioned - but you are a motivator ! Time and time again, whether it be in the midst of my cardio or weight-training session, I've come to think of an element out of your log (f.x., your 405 * 7 deadlifts, and your 60 minutes non-stop Stairclimber on Level 9), and it has never failed to make me push myself to where I need to get or to accomplish the goals I set for myself.

Sounds like you had one helluva mountain hike, and it makes me realize that I miss the mountainous regions outside of Denver where my family lives. Let's be honest here, there is no better place to do cardio than outside in the open, with the freshest of air, and a challenging scenery of obstacle course upon obstabcle course. I find myself running alongside the feeder and highway here in this flat little town, so I do envy your outdoor-situation.

To conclude this little rant (as partially a response to your comments on my log earlier) I picked up on your advice on doing wind-sprints and different agility exercises on a soccerfield; 100-yard sprints, back-wards running, side-way running, high kicks, butt kicks and so on. I had a 50 minute cardio session upon waking, running 4 miles and doing a variation of those exercises. It's something I will definitely have to sit down with in order to set up an effective program to get added benefits of these types of exercises.

Keep up the awesome work, this great log, and you'll have many other followers to come !!!

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Speaking of carbohydrates .. when my body grows accustomed to NO/LOW carbs (~20 grams/day only non-impact carbs - i.e. broccoli or green beans), I guilt trip after endulging in any amount of carbs afterward. Not only that, but it wrecks havoc in my stomach, completely ! Carb-loads don't work out for my stomach and my digestion, that's for sure, so I know where you're coming from ..

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
I also need my carbs. I have tried going low carb and it just doesn't work for me. I'm currently cutting and am currently on a 40P/40C/20F diet and it's been the most successful, smoothest, and effective cut I've ever done. Also I love my carbs, so a diet that involves me eliminating the majority of my carbs is not exactly my cup of tea, because I love my rice and oatmeal.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can live totally without carbs, but if I drop fats too low my hair nails and skin start to noticeably worsen, and my libido drops like a rock. funny how different we all are

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I'm recomping right now and I cycle carbs and calories from day to day, high protein, low carb, moderate fat. I need the lower carbs to drop the fat (100g's or below) and i up them to 250g's on training days, and weekends are normally 50g's or so. The best thing you can do for fatloss imho is to cycle calories and macro nutrients

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm recomping right now and I cycle carbs and calories from day to day, high protein, low carb, moderate fat. I need the lower carbs to drop the fat (100g's or below) and i up them to 250g's on training days, and weekends are normally 50g's or so. The best thing you can do for fatloss imho is to cycle calories and macro nutrients
If at all possible, I'd love to see a little more detailed outline of the carb cycling method .. @ whichever bodyweight you are at. I personally never gave it an attempt, but now I'm finding myself doing a total of 150 grams complex carbs (80 grams from Cytogainer and 70 grams from Post-workout meal) following my weight training workouts, and no/low carbs on cardio-only days. (excluding my little splurge this past weekend..)

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can live totally without carbs, but if I drop fats too low my hair nails and skin start to noticeably worsen, and my libido drops like a rock. funny how different we all are
Libido ? What's libido ?

hahaha .. it's been a loooong time with no carbs, what can I say ?! fortunately, I've got no girl who's complaining at me, but all I can say is, NON-existant ! (apart from when my ex is around me......;))

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
If at all possible, I'd love to see a little more detailed outline of the carb cycling method .. @ whichever bodyweight you are at. I personally never gave it an attempt, but now I'm finding myself doing a total of 150 grams complex carbs (80 grams from Cytogainer and 70 grams from Post-workout meal) following my weight training workouts, and no/low carbs on cardio-only days. (excluding my little splurge this past weekend..)
I would also be interested in seeing an outline of your carb cycling diet if you don't mind typing it up.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i third that CHAPS :) i've tried not so much cycling as TKD which is a sort of cycling, and that worked well for me - got great recovery. I wanted to go back to do a true technical CKD for once to get some further fat loss. I've usually bumbled on most of my ckds - not enough oils, too high protein, too low cals, etc

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your not taking in super supps don't go below 15 % fat intake .Pros take super supps so they can go low or no fat.This is well known in natural bodybuilding.

I haven't quite played with calorie cycling to see if this approach works best for myself.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I appreciate the complimentary response Norwegian. It encourages me to know I'm encouraging others, so that was really cool. I really appreicate that. Your logs are inspiring too, they initially inspired me to up my cardio way up and to cut my carbs lower then what I was currenty doing.

Chaps suggested the carb cycling to me on my previous log and it's stuck with me. I have my low days, medium days and high days, but I don't really know what I'm doing so I sort of wing it. Therefore, my high days aren't all that high because I choose to error on the low side, then over do it. However, luckily, I have AP and Pslin to (help) buffer any potential mis-calculations. I also have my ALA on the side if I didn't have an opportunity to dose the AP and/or Pslin (I refrain from dosing AP and ALA in one sitting based on the wisdom of Strategicmove, aka, The Oracle).

Further comment on Recreate's thermo effect. I was eating a bowl of Healthy Choice's low carb, low sodium Chicken Soup with an added chicken breast, and I was sweating like I was climbing stairs. I just came out of the shower from my hike and I was drenched again, my roommate looked at me like I needed to see a doctor about my profuse sweating under a non-active situation. I can't speak enough about Recreate's Thermo effect.

List of Thermo's/Fat Loss agents I've tried in my lifetime.
- Leviathan Reloaded
- RPM
- Lipo6
- Adrenalean
- Hydroxycut Hardcore (I know....)
- VPX Redline (syrup)
- VPX Clenbutrex
- Biotest's Hot Rox
- Original Xenadrine with ECA
- Personal concoction of ECY

and nothing, nothing, nothing has given me this amount of Thermogenic symptoms as Recreate. :clap2:

I have a VO2 max test to take in a couple weeks and I'm going to sweat profusely within the 1st min on Recreate. The researchers are going to think I need to see a cardiologist for a heart clog or something.

Norwegian

Norwegian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Holy $hit, bro ! Sounds like Recreate is truly a 're-CREATE(ional)' drug ! I'm already convinced it'll be the way to go for me beyond my RPM/Drive stack !

On the other hand, how much sweatier can the 'act of mating' possibly get, I wonder ?! hahaha, I've already been complained at before . .

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy $hit, bro ! Sounds like Recreate is truly a 're-CREATE(ional)' drug ! I'm already convinced it'll be the way to go for me beyond my RPM/Drive stack !

On the other hand, how much sweatier can the 'act of mating' possibly get, I wonder ?! hahaha, I've already been complained at before . .
You'd better get your CPR/AED certification card cause you're going to be drowning people.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4 TRUE STORY!!

You guys are going to love this.

Preface: I was going to announce that today was going to be a no cardio day, but not from lack of motivation, desire, energy, discipline or time, my legs are simply destroyed from yesterdays hike. My quads are shot and my calves are on the verge of cramping at any moment.

I arrived at school today and to my disparaging surprise, we have a sub-maximal aerobic test today. The first thing on my mind wasn't my worthless legs, it was my already questionable lumbar that is still recovering from my back workout on Saturday morning. I can feel it strain when I get up or sit into a chair. However, I didn't want to be THAT guy with the excuses, so I knew I was going to go through with it, but I was a bit nervous.

Our test was going to be performed on the track. We're all hooked to heart rate monitors and the distance is 1 mile (everyone had running shoes but me, I really need to keep up with my school e-mail).

On the walk from our class to the track, my heart was racing. I knew some people were thinking to themselves, "the big man's going to gas out, this isn't his realm." Therefore, I really felt like I had something to prove. I was telling myself, I've been hitting some legit cardio sessions, so I was fairly confident in my cardio-respiratory fitness. It was my blown out quads, calves and questionable lumbar stability (on top of flat skate shoes) that I was worrying about.

There are two groups of us going and the first group were the guys I was with. Most whom are lean and at least 40lbs lighter then I am. There is a particularly @-hole of a guy named Adam. He's very condescending and arrogant and he had that look like he was going to blow everybody away. We're all strapped with our HR monitors and the instructor starts the clock for us to start the run. However, just as they start, my HR monitor snaps off. I'm just anxious to get started so I sort of take off, but my instructor calls me back to fix my HR monitor. By the time it's been re-adjusted, Adam is half a lap ahead and the rest of the pack is a quarter lap ahead. I knew he was going to pull in front of everybody like that.

I take off finally, trailing dead, dead last behind EVERYBODY, but I knew this much, I wasn't coming in last if I have to roll across the finish line, spitting up blood.

The first lap goes by and I didn't catch up to anybody, but I closed the gap between me and the group. Partly into the second lap I start catching people and making my way upward.

My strength and conditioning professor once told me about a psychological tool in endurance races. When you pass someone, you don't slowly breeze by them. From behind their vision of your position, you start to really crank up the intensity, so when you pass them, you're flying by and remove any idea from their head that they even want to try and maintain pace with you. He called it, "crushing their spirit." Once you've crushed the runner's spirit you just passed, you maintain a bit of a lead, then slow your pace down to maintain your lead.

I knew that beyond the second lap, at this speed, peoples' endurance will start to fall behind their pride or competitiveness and I would start to make up ground on cardio-respiratory fitness alone.

By the first quarter of the third lap, I caught the third place person and stayed there. The second group of runners were all bunched by the finish/starting line and when I passed, I could hear people saying, "Isn't Sam going a bit too fast?"

At this point I was drenched (mostly due to the Recreate I'm sure). My lungs were burning, but I didn't feel like I couldn't do it and my legs were surprisingly hanging in there. At the halfway point of the 4th lap, I crushed the second place runners spirit, but instead of pulling off from my passing speed, I kept my passing speed and maintained that pace. Adam was about 20-30 yards in front of me and to my surprise, I was catching him. At the last quarter of the 4th lap, I ran by the lead runner and finished 1st.

The 219lbs big man beat the 170lbs runners at their own game people, wassup.

I've been coughing ever since. I pushed my lungs harder then they've been pushed so far. About 10 min after the run/race, both my calves almost cramped with every step for the first 5 min and my right quad temporarily failed on me twice, where I almost fell. My lower back feels twice as tweaked, but I came back for the win from a half lap deficit, with damaged wheels and tweaked lower back. It felt good though.

Furthermore, at the end of the run, Adam stood just an ear shot away from me and said & I quote, "It felt weird to run so slow, it felt like I was running in place."

Whatever bro. How about that guys!?!?!

Recreate Discussions:
I've noticed that the thermo effect of Recreate kind of has to be triggered. In an non-active state, nothing appears to be happening, but once I start to run, walk fast, jog, static cardio, lift whatever, the water work breaks out in an almost irrational fashion. Even eating can induce severe thermo symptoms. I was streaking sweat like crazy. Again, Recreate's thermo effect continues to surprise and impress me.

P.S. I was told that I was coming in 30-36 seconds faster then the average time/per lap.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
That's unreal man, congratulations. What was your final time?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You were right..I did love that

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man. I hate concided(spellcheck) and stuck up people that think there sh1t don't stink. Stick it to em man!!!!!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everybody. My quads feel like I did squats and my calves are all around not okay, but it was worth it.

I'd have to check my time with the person who was following my personal pace and HR. I remember my HR was 170bpm at the end of the run. I know 1 mile isn't that long of a distance to jog, but the intensity I was running at was killing me.

Another mention about Recreate.
I showed up to my second class knowing we had a test and I have a packet of scantrons so no worries. However, as I open the class door, I see everybody has the scantrons with the essay attachment, so I power walk to the student store and back (5 min total duration) and I was streaking sweat, AGAIN. I was sitting in class with puddles forming on my forearms. Someone asked me if I ran. There was also sweat dripping off my face. As I mentioned previously, Recreate seems to need a small trigger, but once it's turned out, the flood gates really open.

Also, I wonder if there is a positive cumulative effect, because it seems that as the days go by, I sweat easier and I sweat more and longer.