Jonnie's quest for mass "epilogue"

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
Welcome all to Jonnie's quest for mass "epilogue".

What's it all about I hear you say. Well it's my (Jonnie) quest to add an extra 12kgs (26lbs) to my wirey 178cm (5'10"), 103kgs (227lbs) frame in 8 weeks. How are you going to that I heard someone say, well I'll do it by running an 8 week pulse of epistane (M|W|F @ 10|20|30 for week 1, then M|W|F @ 40 for the remainder) and basing my workouts on the age old 20 rep squat routine.

I will be running Cycle Support and Post Cycle Support in parallel with the epi along with the standard support supps. I have a serm on hand in the event that it all goes pear shaped and have been training long enough to know what and when to eat so I wont bore you to death with those details.

Being a new dad I dont have much extra time on my hands so wont be logging everyday however will run a summary of
"the week that was" at the end of the week providing info on experiences (gains in strength, weight, mood etc) for that week.

For those that "sub" thank you and I hope you enjoy the ride, for those who lurk, I like to watch too, so I'll do my best to put on a good show.....

Keepin' it real,
Jonnie

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
Captains log April 16 2008

Sorry for the delay AMers, but here it is a summary of the first week.

My first session of "20 rep squats" was farking brutal. The first 10 reps were a walk in the park, then from 10-12 things were a little tougher and from then on in its a real mind game. By the last rep everything from the waist down was burning, I thought my lungs were going to burst and I was going to throw up my heart, but I made it, 20 reps at 120Kgs.

Following the pullovers, and due to the fact that I was as white as an epistane cap and not seeing to well I thought it'd be a good idea to lie down for about 10mins to recompose myself.

Once I returned to a semi concious and stable state I soldiered on and completed the remainder of the session. I was coming off of 3 months on a 5*5 routine so the high rep stuff isn't something I'd done for a while (2 years infact) and found it pretty tough going for the remaining exercises.

My weight is up around 1.5 - 2kg (dry) and I've been as "toey" as a Roman sandle since about day 3 and I feel a little more "short fused" today than usual. To date there have been no noticable increses in strength but I do feel and look a little more pumped than usual but this maybe because of the high reps.

No adverse sides thus far except that a few of my business shirts are getting a little to tight ;-)

Please feel free to let me know if you guys want me to cover anything else in the log.

Cheers
J

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
Week II update

Pretty quiet week this week with nothing of great interest to report across all areas.

Dosing is @ 40mg M|W|F taking 30mg pre w/o and 10mg post.

On the squats I maxed out at 16 reps @ 132.5kgs on Friday, but thinking back I reckon I was being a bit of a nancy boy and could have pushed out the last 4. I will see how I feel on Monday and decide weather or not to up to 135kgs or stay at 132.5kgs.

Still feeling short fused which I am confident is from the Epi as I am by nature a pretty placid soul. I'm also finding that very mild headaches kick in if I'm not pumping enough fluid in but get ontop of that pretty quick.

Cheers,
J

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm running a similar log to you mate, and a kiwi here. good luck mate, I'll be following your log closely :)

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Best of luck!

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
The "gas" is on

So I hit the gym this week and noticed a real increase in strength. I hit 20 reps for all my squats finishing on Friday with 140kgs for 20 which I'm more than happy with. My body weight is up to around 107kg's with no extra BF, I'm looking more solid and really noticing my quads growing.

Dosing is still @ 40mg M|W|F but am taking the whole 40mg pre W/O

The only side I'm noticing is sometimes when wake up in the middle of the night I feel like I've been hit by a truck, I think this maybe from dehydration so am not too concerned. I have also noticed that I am getting slight back pumps on my "off" days but nothing to cry about.

Overall I'm pretty happy thus far.

Bring on week 4....

Cheers,
J

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
Upd8

Well I'm into week six and still alive. Seeing major changes in body composition looking leaner and definately dropping BF which is always a good thing. Strength is increasing still but am starting to struggle with the 20 rep squats atm they're sitting at 150kgs but didn't get out the full 20 today so I did a set of 15 and a set of 12 which truely blew my wheels out.

Weight seem's to have hit a plateau at 110kgs but given that my BF has dropped I'm pretty happy with that. I will up the cals some more to try and squeeze out a couple of extra kg's over the next couple of weeks.

Still no noticible sides some slight back pumps every now and again but nothing to complain about and there is a a hole in the hip pocket from having to buy some new work shirts and pants and libido is still up from prior to the pulse.

Thanks for hangin' in

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I'm also thinking about an 8 weeker mate. And btw, 150kgs for 20rep squats is amazing!!

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
I'm also thinking about an 8 weeker mate. And btw, 150kgs for 20rep squats is amazing!!
Thanks champ, we're built tough down here in aus, not like you kiwi's ;)

PS. What's with the "safie" flag for your tar??

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I was born a 'Saffie' and now reside on this little island, and wil be moving to warm Brisbane next year. What's it like trying to order EPi into aussie? any hassles?

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
jonnie

jonnie

Awards
Time to move on

Well I've finished my sixth week of Epi and decided that I'm going to leave it at that just to err on the safe side for my first cycle.

I put myself through a 5rm test for squat, deadlift and flat db press on Saturday with the following increases;

squat - 30kg
deadlift - 38kg <- pretty good seeing as though I have dead'd for 6 weeks
flat db press - 10kg

I'm currently just over 7kg's heavier than my starting weight and have leaned out some what.

All in all I've been extremely happy with my first cycle and look forward to another leading into summer.

I'll be running AX's Ultimate Mass Cycle for my PCT and will log this over in the AX forum -> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-xtreme/94504-jonnie-s-4-a.html

Thanks to those who provided feedback thanks very much and I'll see you round the "traps"

Until next time....

J

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, congratulations on the gains, now try hold on to them is the main thing. I'll be following your PCT to see how strength and sides go, best of luck.

jonnie

jonnie

Awards
Hey man, congratulations on the gains, now try hold on to them is the main thing. I'll be following your PCT to see how strength and sides go, best of luck.
Thx bud, keep up the good work on your pulse too.