rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
STATS (as of april 1st)
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 182.5
BF%: around 11%-12%
Years training: about 2
ive been cutting since january first. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/90308-my-recomp-cut.html

GOAL
lose a few more pounds, hopefully lose the little pouch at the bottom of my stomach finally, and continue gaining strength and hopefully add some mass to just about every body part.

SUPPLEMENTS
Drive/RPM (already in week 3 of this stack)
Anabolic Pump (starting tmrw)
Retain 2 (starting tmrw)
Xtend
Fish Oil
Centrum multi
Protein
Creatine Monohydrate (may add in about a week if i decide to order from NP with another tub of extend)
Beta Alanine (same with the CM)

TRAINING
pretty standard with training, heavy, high volume, supersets, drop sets. for the past 5 weeks ive been following kind of an FST-7 type route, however ive decided to do each first exercise very heavy, using 4-6 reps for about 5 sets. i also do cardio 3-5 times per week after i lift. heres my split:
day 1 arms, abs
day 2 chest
day 3 back calves
day 4 arms
day 5 shoulders abs
day 6 legs calves

i workout around the same time every night, usually between 7-9pm.

DIET
i have found carb cycling to be very effective for me, however using anabolic pump i wont be doing it, though i think i will only be eating carbs with my AP dosages (will layout later).
my diet will be about as follows:
225-300 grams of protein
150-250 grams of carbs
40-60 grams of fat
(what i have found to be most effective for me during this cut)

meal 1: 5 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, 1 cup of oats with maple syrup, serving of 1% milk
meal 2: chicken breast, lean beef, or ground turkey, veggies.
meal 3: same as meal 2
meal 4 (30 mins preworkout): 2 scoops pro complex, spoonful of natty pb, 1 serving 1% milk, 1 cup oats blended OR chicken, beef, or turkey with brown rice, oats, or whole grain pasta.
meal 5 (postworkout): about the same as meal 4
meal 6: usually some cottage cheese, or basically meal 2

Dosages
Drive: 3 upon waking, 3 an hour preworkout
RPM: 3 or 4 an hour preworkout
Retain: 3 daily, 1 preworkout, 1 postworkout, 1 pre bed
Anabolic Pump: 3 daily, 15-20 before breakfast, 15-20 mins before preworkout meal, and as soon as i leave the gym, about 15-20 before postworkout meal
Xtend: 3 scoops before, 2 scoops during, 2 scoops after
BA: 3grams pre and post workout
CM: 5 grams pre and post workout
Fish Oil: 3 daily with meals
Multi: 1 per day with breakfast

please critique my diet, dosing, training, anything. im pretty stoked to start this stack. some PR's for me so far with drive/rpm: 90 lbs on barbell curl 10x1 8x1 6x1. one week before this it was 80lbs for 2 sets of 6. heres a couple pics from 4-01-08.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good mate. Although I eat my eggs whole. The high levels of cholesterol in yolks belief is complete BS, they're there for a reason. That survey was financed by a cereal company so that people would eat their product over eggs for breakfast. Training looks good, if it's working, stick by it till gains cease. One critique I do have is why are you taking so many supplements? Your diet is good, you shouldn't need that many products all at once. I'm guilty of it myself and find that it's much better to stick to the basics and THEN throw in something fancy. This way you know what's working. Remember, they're simply there to SUPPLEMENT your diet. I'm dropping my body fat too at the moment. Good times! :)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good mate. Although I eat my eggs whole. The high levels of cholesterol in yolks belief is complete BS, they're there for a reason. That survey was financed by a cereal company so that people would eat their product over eggs for breakfast. Training looks good, if it's working, stick by it till gains cease. One critique I do have is why are you taking so many supplements? Your diet is good, you shouldn't need that many products all at once. I'm guilty of it myself and find that it's much better to stick to the basics and THEN throw in something fancy. This way you know what's working. Remember, they're simply there to SUPPLEMENT your diet. I'm dropping my body fat too at the moment. Good times! :)
i actually take out the yolk to not have as much fat. and this is actually my first big stack that ive ever done. and i figure it might at well be with proven products. with the creatine and BA, im not gonna end up going with em cuz i need money to book a hotel for my trip to seattle in about a month. plus, i like to add supplements now and again to make things a little spicy in the gym. thanks for the support!

warren

Awards
id say your a little higer than 12% imo but still quite low maybee 14-15%, on the good note you seem to have a well devloped chest

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
yesterday was day one with the new additions to the stack.
felt good pretty much all day long, seemed to have more energy than normal. had an awesome workout. hit another best on overhead db press. last week i was able to hit 85's for one set of 3 and last night i was able to go for 7 reps for one set. had a nice pump through out the workout and had plenty of energy to do abs and cardio.

some things i noticed:
my normal breakfast, which usually fills me up and keeps me full and satisfied for about 4 hours, only seemed to keep me full for about 2. terrible gas all day too. tonight im hitting legs calves and probably a little bit of cardio.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
alright so i now see why everybody loves drive/rpm and anabolic pump. 3rd week for drive/rpm and my strength is the highest its ever been. tonight for back, i hit another personal best on close grip rows. did 225 for one set of 8. my best so far on rows. clean reps too. however, i felt real good about it. music pumpin, feeling super aggressive, i went up to 240. i got 6 clean reps and 2 more kinda forced/momentum reps which i held at the peak contraction then released slowly.

my aggression in the gym tonight was unlike anything ive ever had. my pump, well i left the gym about 20 mins ago, and i can still feel a good pump. AP is working very well. cant tell anything from retain as its only the second day. didnt do cardio tonight because i wanted to go to hang with my buddy at his dorm, so night was cut short. ill be doing about 35-45 mins of HIIT tmrw morning tho, empty stomach. tmrw is chest, hopefully ill make keep this momentum and get the 100 DB's up for more than 5 reps on flat bench.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your about 12-13 % I got this low before on my quest(I still havn't acheived a full six pack yet) Remember if your a bigger guy and have muscled abs than you wont have to get as low bodyfat to see your abs. You might can get 10-12% to see your abs .

If your smaller it might take 8 %. I don't go by the lil scales. I go by what I know(visual) Your getting closer keep it up.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
on chest this morning got 100's up for a clean set of 5, whereas previously i only got them up for 3 clean reps. got two sets of 5 actually. then did cardio for 30 mins. nothing much else to comment on. clean eating and everything else. woo. legs tmrw.

warren

Awards
keep it up dude, work hard and he results will come.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking lean bro. thats about the bodyfat I get i really don't aspire to go any lower right now because I'm not doing a competition anytime soon. and Ive never done one. i have to wait three years (end of april 2007) becaUSE iVE USED sUPERDROL IN aPRIL OF 2006, 3 MONTHS AFTER it was banned by the IFPA/OCo. That is the organization I want to compete in.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Looking lean bro. thats about the bodyfat I get i really don't aspire to go any lower right now because I'm not doing a competition anytime soon. and Ive never done one. i have to wait three years (end of april 2007) becaUSE iVE USED sUPERDROL IN aPRIL OF 2006, 3 MONTHS AFTER it was banned by the IFPA/OCo. That is the organization I want to compete in.
awesome man. my goal is to be able to compete by the time im like 21 or 22, and i turn 20 late july. from august to probably spring (april or may) i plan to bulk, eating as clean as i possibly can, seeing as how i seem to be able to gain fat rather easily. hopefully it will give me the size i would need to be able to compete shortly after i turn 21. thats a long ways away tho.

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
Looks good, i recently finished a cut down too.

Im interested in seeing how the drive/rpm stack works, so post some updates as you go.

Good luck!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome man. my goal is to be able to compete by the time im like 21 or 22, and i turn 20 late july. from august to probably spring (april or may) i plan to bulk, eating as clean as i possibly can, seeing as how i seem to be able to gain fat rather easily. hopefully it will give me the size i would need to be able to compete shortly after i turn 21. thats a long ways away tho.
Looks like your on your way.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't look like it will take you too long!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
my goal after i compete, get sponsored by AN. or be as big as don.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
do you guys think my dosage on retain is good? im thinking it would be better to dose it morning, pre and post w/o rather than before bed. could someone shed some light on this? cough cough ax rep cough.....

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
so wednesday had a good arm workout. got the 100 barbell up for 2 sets of 6 (4 clean, 2 cheat). didnt workout yesterday tho. been a little off lately i guess. my tri workout was blah, tho abs was quite good. and tonight im finally doing legs from postponing them for about a week. something ive noticed today and yesterday, ive been feeling very lethargic. not as much in the gym (thank you rpm), but at work and stuff. also, last couple days kinda blah on eating. went to a korean bbq and pigged out on the beef and chicken. was your basic brown rice and beef/chicken meal, just a LOT of beef and chicken. and my getting meals in has been a little iffy too. probably because i havent been able to make all my meals the night before like usual. have noticed my stomach looks a little smaller. tonight is legs. im gonna take my pre w/o doses, grub on some chicken and whole grain pasta, then hit legs.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
well, proud to say i found the culprit causing the lethargy and overall "lazy" feeling. i was dosing AP about 30 mins before a meal. today i did 20 mins before and it was perfect. my back and abs sesh today was nearly flawless. did close grip rows at 240 for 2 sets of 10 and 8. abs went great too. then did cardio for about 16 or 17 minutes because i was kind of in a rush to get out. friday i did legs, which went fairly well, seeing as how they are still sore right now. and shoulders also went well on saturday. hopefully with the lethargy gone and solid dosing for AP my workouts will be a lot better with some more strength gains.

overall im happy with how everything is going. my midsection is most definitely getting flatter. with the pump i had today from my ab routine, the top 4-5 abs were looking quite good. and the little pouch seems to be shrinking, slowly but surely. arms are looking a little leaner, and same with my chest. ill update tmrw after chest. got a dentist appt at 9am, then gym, then work til like 10. busy busy tmrw.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
had a really good chest day yesterday morning. made good progress on incline DB with 100's for a set of 6 then a set of 4. was quite happy with that i had never gotten 100's up on incline. did 4 sets on tri pushdowns as well after my chest routine. then i went back after i got off work last night around 1030 and did 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical.

stomach is definitely looking better each day. havent had any fat gain with AP, and i think retain is definitely helping to create a stress free environment. rpm/drive, working better than i had ever dreamed. hitting personal bests almost every workout for the last 2 weeks has made me extremely happy with the stack. tonight is legs after my class.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
rpm/drive/anabolic pump/retain2

how do i change the title of this thread to "rpm/drive/anabolic pump/retain 2"

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
hit legs yesterday. did 2 sets of 12 with six plates on leg press. did some sumo deads. i hadnt done those in a while and im feeling the results today. also did stiff legged deads which i hadnt done in a while either, tho my hams arent too sore from that. only ate 3 meals yesterday. big meals, but just was in a hurry and kinda rushin around everywhere. still got the majority of the macros i needed.

today definitely sucked. had a orthodontist appt to get my braces checked. got a new wire in, and they put rubber bands on. my teeth hurt so much, and it depresses me to know i cant really eat anything solid for the next couple days til the soreness goes away. also today is an off day. went to the beach with my girlfriend, did some hw. gonna destroy my shoulders tmrw. if im feeling it, ill probably also do abs and ill definitely do some cardio.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
did shoulders yesterday before a little double date action with my gf and my best friend and his gf. went more for the feel of the pump and keep very strict form and focusing on the negative especially on the upright rows. felt really good the whole time, kept a good momentum and intensity throughout the whole session. eating kinda meh right now because of pain from the braces. mainly shakes, isopure. was able to eat whole food today, except was really busy so only got a couple meals in. everything should be a little less busy now, letting me get back to solid meals and normal schedule of things.

update: as of this morning i was still 182, however, i have leaned out some more since i started AP and retain, mainly my arms and midsection, which makes me really happy. also means im adding a little bit of lean mass. and as always, my strength is higher from when i started drive/rpm. about 1 month into drive/rpm, and i know i will be running it again in the future. i also think AP will be a staple from now on, as long as i have the cash. im thinking another 2 weeks for drive/rpm, then finish up the remainder of AP and retain. then, just the essentials. ordered some beta alanine and creatine mono. will start adding that into my regimen this week when it gets here. if anyone is still following this, how is everything looking? any suggestions? first time logging anything so i know my updates are kinda weird haha. hope im helping someone make a good decision about buying a product with this log.

Speed321

Awards
sub'd. i like ur stack and avoiding a lot of burners adn stims. also the AP makes me less bloated after carbs and less full :(

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
mmmmk. saturday. took the day off. did okay with eating. pain from my braces was finally starting to subside.
sunday. did good on eating, pain from teeth is pretty much gone. had an okay arm workout. felt a little unmotivated for some reason. long weekend i suppose. skipped on cardio.
today. decided im gonna start a new training routine, geared more towards strength as opposed to trying to add some mass. also changing to more strength oriented regimen to really get the most out of the last 2 weeks of my drive/rpm. will be as follows:
day 1 chest/back
day 2 arms
day 3 shoulders/legs/calves
day 4 abs/forearms

the way i plan on doing it is have 2-3 exercises per body part, going for 4-5 sets of 4-8 reps. for example: for day 1 tmrw, im gonna do incline DB press, then flat DB press. then bent over BB rows, then one arm DB rows. might need to use a machine tho because when i was doing the DB rows about 4-5 months ago i maxed out the DBs (heaviest is 120). well see. then cardio 2-3 times of my 4 day routine. will probably do the routine, rest a day, then restart. i seem to get the best results with that method and hopefully with drive/rpm my strength will surpass my expectations.

oh and did abs and forearms tonight. felt really really really good to be able to take my entire session and focus on those two things. also, tried something different with dosing the rpm tonight, which turned out to be the most effective method for me yet. i took 3 about an hour and 20 mins before, then 30 mins later, took 2 more with my AP and retain. had my shake with 3/4 cups oats, pro complete 40, and 1 cup 1% milk. and let me tell you. the energy level i had/still have was unbelieveable. tho, was a little much, so im gonna dose it 2 and 2. i think the AP definitely helps with that tho. excited to try the new routine tmrw with chest back. hopefully get the 110's up for 4-6 reps. laterz.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
been a little while since my last update.
where to begin....
the new training regimen i started last week is proving to be effective. made a few tweaks from the original plan, but so far so good. my entire body is still a little sore from last week/this week. will probably keep this routine for a little while. ive been trying to superset everything, making my workouts very fast paced and intense, allowing to me get to cardio and be out of the gym in about an hour and a half.

on to the supps. amazing. everything is working amazing. ive dropped retain2, as i dont really think its something i need. AP is still awesome. the recomp effect im getting from it has been very impressive, as well as the pumps. with drive, i think i found my sweet spot with the dosage, tho i hope its not overkill. i bumped it to 8 per day, 4 in morning, 4 pre w/o. so far, with this dosage the last 3 days, the pumps and aggressiveness ive had in the gym is pretty awesome. strength is still up on all lifts. incline DB press i was able to 90's for 4 sets of 10,10,8,8. squats, which ive finally got my form down, is at 225 with good form, and was at 175 with poor form before. was able to get 2 sets of 12 at 225. quite happy with that. been doing weighted dips with a 35, was able to do 4 sets of 8 with a 50 lb DB yesterday. got 2 plates going on the preacher plate loading machine for 3 sets of 12. im rambling i know, but im putting off going to bed because i felt like posting haha.
also, i just added creatine mono at 10 grams/day on sunday, and beta alanine at 6 grams/day. noticed a little bit of size from the mono, might just be my imagination tho. havent really noticed the effects of the BA yet, other than the crackhead tingly feeling that ive come to love so much.
only about 1.5 more weeks on drive/rpm, then just staple supps, clean eating, and cardio. will run recreate either mid june or early july. havent decided. want to be as lean as i can for when i start my first serious massive bulk in late august/early sept.
weight is hovering around 183-185. im looking much leaner. all my bodyparts are looking fuller, bigger, leaner. ive come to love the 24 hour pump i have from this stack. always got veins bulging, always looking big, muscles always feeling fuller and harder.
alright im done. thank you App Nut. you guys are amazing. USP, wow. all i can say is im DYING to run recreate with AP. i think it will be the perfect finale to my cut/recomp.

PS a benefit i never really accounted for throughout this log....the sexual performance aspect of drive.......WOW. ill leave it at that.